Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2220

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 Mio AIO Forums - www.mionav.com
 MioPocket 4.0 (Unlock for GPS devices)
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 190

Osprey

USA
2764 Posts

Posted - 25 sept. 2010 :  04:13:31  Show Profile  Visit Osprey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Gremlin,
I hexedited MioAutoRun\Programs\Media Player\common.dll (with Extras\Win32\XVI32) and changed the "gx.dll" reference(s) to "g2.dll" (which doesn't exist). That basically does the same thing as deleting MioAutoRun\System\gx.dll, but without breaking other apps that use GAPI. You, of course, could hexedit it back or copy the common.dll from R61, if you'd prefer.

Mio C320 (US), R40 firmware, WinCE 5.0 Core, MioPocket 4.0 Release 68
Latest MioPocket: MioPocket 4.0 (Release 68) - Dec 6, 2010 & ReadMe

Edited by - Osprey on 25 sept. 2010 04:18:43
Go to Top of Page

Gremlin

Germany
70 Posts

Posted - 25 sept. 2010 :  04:44:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Osprey!
Just adding my 'own' common.dll to future releases, is a much better solution, than having to stick to the old R61 version player files.

Regards Gremlin
Go to Top of Page

bsweeny

USA
159 Posts

Posted - 25 sept. 2010 :  12:27:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bsweeny

quote:
Originally posted by Gremlin

Sorry, but i'm a bit thrown by your answer.
Do you want to run MioPocket on your device or another unlocker?

quote:
thank you, well I tried this before and it works but not like it should

How do you think it should work?

quote:
everytime it booted it installed.

You mean after each Reset? That's how MioPocket is suppose to work.
MioPocket is actually an installer, which is executed every time your device starts up from a powerless state or after a hard - or soft reset.
It will not install, when the device is awaken from suspend.

quote:
the program I used to unlock is at this link also information from the same author

www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=109519

download is called tabs v1 along with nk.bin.

these are used to unlock the devise tell me what you think of it?

this way works but Mods the whole devise

This part here sounds strange.
quote:
The device has a small amount of ROM that is used to boot the device, similar to the BIOS on a PC. This BIOS will read a file called NK.BIN off the SD card, which is basically an image file for Windows. The Windows files are extracted from NK.BIN including the registry and then loads.

Though a behavior like this is possible, it sounds stupid. It would require the device to have more RAM, than when it works the usual way. Roughly 16MB more RAM, which sounds unlikely knowing that the device is on the cheap side.
How much RAM does your device have?

Can you boot your Omnitech into desktop without loading Destinator and check the used RAM with resinfo too?

Regards Gremlin

Gremlin,

I did not know that tabs was the same as Miopocket!

so really all I have to do is as what you said and rename the couple files? instead of making it so complicated by using two unlock!

im at work but as I read Miopocket has 32mb of ram! I will check it out later.

and yes if I sync my omnitech to the computer I can edit the destinator.exe file and it boots to the desktop. with no further Mods.

Omnitech 16878 WinCe 4.2 Core, Tabs V1 Unlock Files With a Modified NK.Bin and Miopocket 4 R66 Unlock! :-D
Go to Top of Page

Gremlin

Germany
70 Posts

Posted - 25 sept. 2010 :  13:49:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ahh, now we're getting somewhere. ;-)
quote:
so really all I have to do is as what you said and rename the couple files? instead of making it so complicated by using two unlock!

Yes you only have to use the one or the other. MioPocket and Tabs are both unlocks. Tabs is specific for your device, while MioPocket is a more general solution.

quote:
I did not know that tabs was the same as Miopocket!

They are not exactly the same, but they are both unlocks. Just pick the one you like best.

quote:
and yes if I sync my omnitech to the computer I can edit the destinator.exe file and it boots to the desktop. with no further Mods.

Then i would do that. It's the easiest way to use MioPocket.

btw. In the light of these new findings, you can just forget my questions about the RAM.

Regards Gremlin
Go to Top of Page

krushal

United Kingdom
7 Posts

Posted - 25 sept. 2010 :  14:46:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Osprey
The start menu and most apps are in English but Control panel and some of the other are in Chinese
Go to Top of Page

qpcxd

China
10 Posts

Posted - 25 sept. 2010 :  15:36:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Osprey
qpcxd,
Maybe you should start over from scratch. Like I said, there's no difference in MioAutoRun.mscr (or MioAutoRun.exe or MortScript.exe), so there shouldn't be any difference. You might be doing something slightly different each time or it's because you're not starting over from scratch. Then again, if you're happy with R64, you could also just stick with that, since R65 and R66 don't include many changes.

Dear Osprey,I have found the way to solve problems.^-^
In R66 the size of "MortScript.exe" which from \MioAutoRun\Programs\MortScript is 401K different to "MortScript.exe" that from \MortScript.exe 93K.
In 64 they are the same.
So just to make these two files the same it will be OK.
Now I can intall the R66 correctly.
Thanks a lot!
Go to Top of Page

rddube

Canada
22 Posts

Posted - 25 sept. 2010 :  15:59:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just installed this release on my Sanyo NV-4070 and WOW, very impressive. It just works flawlessly, upgrading from R59.

Thank you Osprey!

Sanyo NVM-4070 modded
http://www.solutionbiz.ws/freestuff.htm
Go to Top of Page

dumitrescu12

Romania
2 Posts

Posted - 25 sept. 2010 :  16:33:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hy, sorry but i don`t speak verry good English , i have a Navman iCN510 , I followed the steps to 2.2a paragraph 4 , but do not know what to choose,name as the folder that you need to create `my GPS, I tried several versions but does not start installation

thanks
Go to Top of Page

Gremlin

Germany
70 Posts

Posted - 25 sept. 2010 :  17:52:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@Osprey
Bad news, Osprey. MioPocket Mini won't run on my device.
It boots straight into the default shell and even waiting for half an hour does not change that.
I already replaced MortScript.exe, MioAutoRun.exe and MioAutoRun.mscr, in the root of the storage card, with the ones from the formerly installed R64.
Still a no-go.

Regards Gremlin
Go to Top of Page

bsweeny

USA
159 Posts

Posted - 25 sept. 2010 :  18:09:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gremlin!

correction there is 48.9mb of ram!
47.6mb for program memory
1.38mb for storage memory

well renaming the files like you stated worked great! it boots to run Miopocket screen when hard reset and I do reinstall everytime! also I chose my SD card to install Miopocket to!

what do I do next?

a

Omnitech 16878 WinCe 4.2 Core, Tabs V1 Unlock Files With a Modified NK.Bin and Miopocket 4 R66 Unlock! :-D
Go to Top of Page

jwoegerbauer

1863 Posts

Posted - 25 sept. 2010 :  18:51:41  Show Profile  Visit jwoegerbauer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
@Khakev and @Gremlin,
why you both don't post problems related to MioPocket 4.0 Mini in this thread http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=137719 that's specific to MioPocket 4.0 Mini?
Go to Top of Page

KhaKev

385 Posts

Posted - 25 sept. 2010 :  19:12:56  Show Profile  Visit KhaKev's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jwoegerbauer

@Khakev and @Gremlin,
why you both don't post problems related to MioPocket 4.0 Mini in this thread http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=137719 that's specific to MioPocket 4.0 Mini?

Sorry, didn't know it exists. Will post there. My bad. Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

Gremlin

Germany
70 Posts

Posted - 25 sept. 2010 :  19:31:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Same here. Thanks for pointing it out.

Regards Gremlin
Go to Top of Page

pavlejo

4 Posts

Posted - 25 sept. 2010 :  19:47:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Osprey,

I have installed and tested version 65. At first, there were a lot of problems. Most of the programs that worked in older releases were not working in version 65 (Flash, XNView, Search, Screenshot, CMD Prompt, World Clock…). Also, Remote Display was not working since I tested version 64.

I reinstalled version 62 that was working for me previously, but all problems still remained. So I concluded that problem was in registry...

At 5 places in my registry, path for swFlash32.exe was wrong. For example, there was:
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{1171A62F-05D2-11D1-83FC-00A0C9089C5A}\InProcServer32]
@=\Storage Card\MioAutoRun\Programs\Flash\swFlash32.exe

and correct path should be:

@=\SDMMC\MioAutoRun\Programs\Flash\swFlash32.exe

I corrected all paths, but problem with flash still remained.

After some additional browsing trough the registry, I found that there were 6 same paths entered for "\SDMMC\MioAutoRun\System\Extra\" in [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Loader].
After I deleted all but first one and restarted GPS device, all my problems was solved. Flash, Remote Display and all other apps are working now.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Loader] now looks like this:
\SDMMC\MioAutoRun\System\CE5
\SDMMC\MioAutoRun\System
\SDMMC\MioAutoRun\Windows\Control Panel
\ResidentFlash\MioAutoRun\System
\SDMMC\MioAutoRun\System\Extra

I used MobileRegistryEditor.exe for changing this key.

Also, I reported earlier that my keyboard was not working, so I changed path in registry in order to fix this. Now, keyboard is working with original settings.

Hope that this could help others with same problems...

Regards,
Pavle

Chinese noname GPS, CPU: ARM 468MHz, Window CE Net 5.0 Core, 5.0" TFT - 480*272

Edited by - pavlejo on 25 sept. 2010 20:59:35
Go to Top of Page

Gremlin

Germany
70 Posts

Posted - 25 sept. 2010 :  20:05:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
well renaming the files like you stated worked great! it boots to run Miopocket screen when hard reset and I do reinstall everytime! also I chose my SD card to install Miopocket to!

Let's please go over this again.
- You've copied and renamed the files like i wrote.
- You've copied the MioAutoRun folder to the root of your SD card.
- You've turned off your device by the main switch and turned it on again. MioPocket started installing. You just click ok on the MioPocket dialog.

What happend now?

MioPocket should, after a while, cause a soft reset and continue installing afterwards, until you see the iPhoneToday shell.

How far do you get?

Regards Gremlin
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 190 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,84 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05