Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2317

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 Mio AIO Forums - www.mionav.com
 MioPocket 4.0 (Unlock for GPS devices)
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 190

bsweeny

USA
159 Posts

Posted - 24 sept. 2010 :  01:21:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bumbum Or Osprey or anyone, with my omnitech I have to choose a way to unlock it. there are two methods:

this site gives detailed information about my gps works.
www.techsmarttips.com/newforum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=596

method one rename the exe destinator.exe to any other name and name any.exe to destinator.exe so that the gps unit loads to that exe.
method two download a unlock designed for omnitech but outdated and ment to run another unlock.

method one adds no extra files to the unit to make crippled windows work better.

method two uses a modified .bin file which as I read is a file that extracts all files to the RAM which acts as a flash drive. everytime the devise boots the devise reads the nk.bin file and extracts all necessary files to the virtual flash on the ram chip!

the modified nk.bin contains more information to incripple windows also the unlock comes with files and scripts (like Miopocket) but not. the unlock is called (tabs v1) and can be found in this forum under "modifying the omnitech" I hope this information helps you all to understand what I see and know.

this is my problem when Miopocket installes on the ram like the website I provided a link to says Miopocket works great but clears when hard booted as it should. what is my best option? this is the most information I know and I hope it helps you help me and others with omnitech.

thank you in advance
Brian

Omnitech 16878 WinCe 4.2 Core, Tabs V1 Unlock Files With a Modified NK.Bin and Miopocket 4 R66 Unlock! :-D
Go to Top of Page

Gremlin

Germany
70 Posts

Posted - 24 sept. 2010 :  01:56:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
bsweeny, would have loved to help you, but the board you've linked to, seems to have banned Germany. I reconnected 3 times to my ISP and still, every time i try to follow the link, i get the warning that my IP has been banned.

Regards Gremlin
Go to Top of Page

bsweeny

USA
159 Posts

Posted - 24 sept. 2010 :  02:38:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow

Omnitech 16878 WinCe 4.2 Core, Tabs V1 Unlock Files With a Modified NK.Bin and Miopocket 4 R66 Unlock! :-D
Go to Top of Page

bsweeny

USA
159 Posts

Posted - 24 sept. 2010 :  02:51:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gremlen, Osprey and others

Here is the information from the link above its a lot! but I don't know how else to get it to you Gremlen. its all about modding the omnitech and help to understand how it works..

I am putting together this tutorial on how to hack the Omnitech. This will be a detailed tutorial explaining how the Omnitech works and how the mods are accomplished . Unfortunately I cannot describe every mod already posted on this forum since I did not create them and do not know the details. Hopefully, this tutorial will provide enough explanation that you can implement the mods yourself. I will add to this post as I think of more stuff . Please do not ask about specific mod packages released by others since any answer I provide will just be guessing . If you really need an asnwer , go ahead and ask , but don ' t expect the perfect answer . Now here we go. This will be a long read, but hopefully it will explain things and allow non -computer savvy people to implement the mods on this forum . Section 1: Background 1 .1 - The Omnitech is a portable GPS device sold exclusively by Staples and Quill . com ( owned by Staples) . This device is no longer being sold be Staples. You may be able to find it on clearance in some stores if they haven ' t already sold out. you may also be able to find it through ebay . 1 .2 - The Omnitech is manufactured by a Taiwan company called Supa. They make several models all being sold under various names . So far no other device is identical to the Omnitech, but the Pharos 250 is a very close match. Most mods accomplished for the Omnitech will work on the Pharos with some minor changes and vice versa. The Pharos 250 is an older model and has been around a little longer than the Omnitech. Many mods for the Omnitech originated with the Pharos 250 . 1 .3 - The Omnitech device contains 4 main components , a CPU , a GPS chip, internal memory , and an SD slot . 1 .3 . 1 - The CPU is a Strong ARM chipset, which is different from a standard PC which uses an x86 chipset. Therefore , programs for a regular PC will not work on the Omnitech and vice versa. 1 .3 . 2 - The GPS ship is what receives the GPS signals to provide navigation. When the device is on, the GPS chip is on. The CPU pulls data from the GPS chip when needed using the standard COM protocol , just like a modem if you remember what those are. Only 1 program can call the COM port at any time so this means that only 1 program can get GPS data at any time . 1 .3 . 3 - The internal memory is split into 2 sections , the ROM ( read only memory ) and program RAM ( random access memory ) . The ROM contains the information to allow the device to boot up. This is similar to the BIOS on a standard PC . When you pusht he power button, the program in ROM runs , which reads data from the SD card and if it finds the correct files on the SD card , will boot the device. If the ROM cannot find the correct files on the SD card , it will not boot and the device will just sit there . The RAM is just like the PC RAM . Programs must be installed into the RAM to run . The only difference is that the basic windows file that are put into RAM do not exist on a disk at the same time . The windows files are copied from the SD card , placed in RAM , and then run from the RAM. IF you are able to access the files on the Omnitech you can see the Windows directory . This is actually the RAM you are looking at . 1 .3 . 4 - The SD card slot is compatible with both SD and MMC cards. It has been confirmed to work upto 4 GB , but these 4 GB cards are hard to find . The problem is that large capacity SD cards now come in a format called SDHC ( SD high capacity ) . This is different from the standard SD and is not compatible. IT was original thought that if the correct SDHC driver could be installed , it would allow use of SDHC cards. Based on my personal research on the matter , it appears to me that the SD slot is not physically wired to be able to handle SDHC cards so even if a driver could be found, it wouldn ' t work. So for now, we are stuck with a maximum limit of 4 GB if you can find a non - SDHC card . 1 .4 - The basic Omnitech comes with 2 pieces of software installed out of the box : Destinator 7 ( D7 ) and Windows CE 4 .2 Core ( WinCE ) . 1 .4 . 1 - D7 is the navigation program and has 4 parts . 1 ) The navigation program itself , 2 ) Maps containing street information and POI information, 3 ) skins which control the way the program looks , and 4 ) voices, which provides the voices you hear. 1 .4 . 1 . 1 - There is an update to the D7 program, which has been posted in this forum . I have not used the update so I am not familiar with the differences. Supposedly the new version is able to access the tutorial correctly. The original program will not show the tutorial. This may mean that the update may also be able to access the MP 3 button, but so far I have not heard of anyone having success with this . 1 .4 . 1 . 2 - The maps are divided into regions . Each region is in its own directory and contains from 1 to 4 states . You can make room on your memory card by removing the regions you don ' t need . These files also contain the POI information. The bigegst complaint about the Omnitech is the lack of POI data in the map files. It is also rumored that an update to the maps will be made available later this year . Personally, I wouldn' t count on it . 1 .4 . 1 . 3 - The skin controls how the program looks . 1 skin is made up of many files and are stored in their own directory under the skins directory. The standard skin that comes with the Omntiech is located under the "all" directory. In that directory is a file called "foldername. ini" which controls the name of the skin when you use D 7. The skin in the " all" directory is called "Omnitech ". You can add skins by making new directories and modifying the name in " foldername. ini". If 2 directories have the same name in foldername. ini, only the first directory will be used. The problem with the "Omnitech " skin is that there isn ' t a button to exit the program. This can be solved by modifying the skin to include the exit button or by installing another skin that has the exit button enabled. 1 .4 . 1 . 4 - The voices are just like the skin. Each voice is in a seperate directory and a file called foldername. ini controls the name you see in D7 . You can ad more voices by creating more directories and editing the foldername. ini. 1 .4 . 2 - The Omnitech comes with WinCE. This is a crippled version of the full windows CE program. There are just enough files to get the device to boot and for D7 to run . Once you are able to exit from D7 , you will get to the WinCE desktop. This looks like a PC desktop with Windows XP. This version of WinCE also does not provide a taskbar ( the Start button in XP) so you are very limited in what you can do from here. Some programs also require the taskbar to operate correctly so without the taskbar , these additional programs cannot work. WinCE can be enhanced by loading additional windows files onto the device . This will allos other programs to be installed and run. The main problem with this version of windows is that the windows files are copied into the RAM ( as explained earlier) when the device is booted. That means , any changes or addiitons you make ti WinCE gets wiped out when you turn off the device and turn it back on . If you never turn it off , you win' t have a problem , but that is very impractical. Section 2: Why Mod the Omnitech ? The main reason for using mods is to allow the Omnitech to do things it wasn ' t meant to. The following are a few examples: - Installing another navigation program instead of D7 . - Installing other programs like games and mp3 players . - Customizing the device to a person' s individual taste, like the calibration settings. - Just to mess around with another toy . The last one is my main reason. I don ' t have time to use the device for much more then as a GPS device, but I like the fact that I have all these others things just incase I ever need it . Also it helps justify the cost of buying this thing, even though it is cheaper than most other devices . Section 3: What do I need to make these mods? 3 .1 - The first thing you need is another computer . There are 2 ways to gain access to the Omnitech to make the modifications, ActiveSync or a SD card reader . 3 .1 . 1 - ActiveSync is a windows program that allows a Windows PC to view the contents of a WinCE device . You will need the latest version from Microsoft which is 4 . 1 I believe . Once installed , you connect a standard mini USB cable from the PC to the Omnitech. You should see a small screen appear on the Omnitech saying something about connecting, and the PC should bring up the ActiveSync program. ActiveSync will ask if you want to synce the device with the computer. I ' d say no . There is no need for this . Once the main Activesync screen is up , there should be a button that says " Explore" . Hit this and the contents of the Omnitech should show up as a standard directory. 3 .1 . 2 - An SD card reader will allow you to view the contents of the SD card . This is faster than using Activesync but requires you to take your card in and out of the device. It is a good idea to copy the original SD card to another blank SD card and then use that new SD card. Put the original in a safe spot and don' t mess with it. Using the card reader will not show you the windows files in the RAM , but since you will not be messing with these files directly, there is no loss. Section 4: What is my first step in modding the Omnitech? 4 .1 - Modifying D7 . Unless you like resetting the device to exit out of D7 , the first thing is to get D7 to show you the exit button . The exit command is built into the D7 program. When and where it appears is controlled by the skin. The skin that comes with the Omnitech intentionally left out the exit button. To me, it appears that the skin we got was created for an earlier version of Destinator ( 5 . 5 I think) and modified to remove the exit button . On this forum , a user named Trashcan was the first to figure out how to put back the exit button . He either figured out how to modify the skin or he found the skin with the correct commands. Either way, we have a solution. You should be able to find the skin easily on this forum . Note : Trashcan ' s skin had a minor flaw in it. The volume slider was way off so it was very difficult to adjust the volume correctly. A revised version of the skin has been posted by another user. I forget who it was so I ' m sorry for not being able to give credit here. 4 .2 - To install a new skin, all you need to do is create a new direcotory under the skin directory located within the D7 drectory . The current skin is in the "all" directory . If you look in this directory, you will find a file called "FolderName. ini". If you open this file in a plain text editor, it will show : < O m n i t e c h > Note the spaces between each letter . This is important . This is the name you will see in D7 when choosing the skin. This file is what is important . The directory name is not important and can be named anything you want. I renamed my "all" to "Omnitech " to match FolderName. ini. Then install the new skin. I used Trashcan' s original skin so I created a directory called "Trashcan" and placed his files there . I then opened the FolderName. ini and changed the contents to: < T r a s h c a n > So now , when I look at the list of skins in D7 , I see "Omnitech" and "Trashcan". Section 5: Now that I can exit D7 , now what ? 5 .1 - Now comes the fun but more difficult part. There is very little you can do directly from the device. Almost all the mods are accomplished by adding and /or modifying the files on the SD card . As mentioned previously, the 2 ways to access your SD card are either ACtiveSync or a SD card reader . I personally use ActiveSync . It is slower than using the card reader but I don ' t have to worry about taking the SD card in and out of the device and I can also see the mods take affect right away . 5 .2 - When you click on the now available "Exit " button from D7 , you will get to the Windows desktop. There will be an Omnitech image as the background and that' s all. This is the problem with our version of Windows . It was not meant to be accessed, so it doesn ' t show anything. If you press and hold on the screen you can create a new folder . If you then double -click on this new folder , you will get the windows explorer and be able to see the directory structure of the device. If you happen to have some files on your SD card , you can use this method to explore to those files . The probelm with doing it this way is that the desktop gets erased and recreated everytime you turn off the deivce. If you don ' t mind creating this new folder everytime , you do not need any other mods and you can just access your files from explorer . 5 .3 - The device is set to automatically load D7 at boot . Bascially, the bootup sequence calls the Destinator . exe file . If you don 't want D7 to load all you need to do is rename Destinator . exe to something else like Destin@ tor . exe ( which has been used in some mods) and then rename the program you want to run to Destinator. exe . The problem with this is that the new destinator .exe file must be in the D7 directory . This is not a problem if the program is only 1 file , but if it is more than 1 file , you will either have to move the D7 files somehwere else or have both programs in the same directory . You can change the file that is run at boot , but that requires modifying the registry , whcih I will get to later. 5 .4 - There is a mod posted which uses this renaming trick. For the new destinator. exe they are using a custom created exe that will run another program called MortScript . MortScript is a program which can be used to perform automated functions . Mortscript is a very good program and can be used to perform lots of tasks . See the file commands . txt that comes with Mortscript for a description of all the commands it can perform . In these mods, Mortscript is used to modify the registry and /or run other programs . By doing it this way, these tasks are performed everytime the device is turned on. The problem with this is that these actions do take some time to run. So it adds time to the bootup, in some cases up to 20 seconds depending on what tasks are being performed . Personally the extra time is not a problem for me, I can wait the extra 20 seconds . Section 6: How do I add other programs ? 6 .1 - Keep in mind that the Omnitech has Windows CE 4 .2 core . Windows CE is a version used for Pocket PC ' s ( PPC) . These were older style hand held computers that for a time competed with the Palm handheld devices . Unfortunately , the PPC devices did not do well and Microsoft eventually stopped making Windows CE after releasing version 5 . Then with the popularity of GPS devices , Microsoft come up with the core idea . The core version is a minimalist version of Windows CE. It basically has enough to boot a device and run basic functions . This was great for GPS devices that only needed enough to allow the GPS program to run and nothing else. Unfortunately for us, there isn ' t enough in the core version to be able to run all standard PPC programs . We are able to install some programs by adding some basic windows files to our device . Again, "Trashcan" has provided a download with these extra windows files . 6 .1 . 1 - To add the extra windows files, you need to copy them into the windows directory on the internal memroy . The best way is to have these files in a directory on your card , then copy the entire directory into the windows directory. Remember, the windows directory will get erased and start from scratch everytime you turn the Omnitech off so you will need to do this eveytime . This is where Mortscript saves the day . You just need to add 1 line to the Mortscript file that will copy the files from your card to the windows directory at boot . 6 .1 . 2 - Some of these windows files do not need to be copied to the windows directory . They can be placed in the same directory as the program that needs it . For example, if you have a poker game that is installed in a directory called "poker" that needs " file . dll", you can either copy file . dll into the windows directory, or just place a copy of it in the poker directory . The problem with this is that you then need multiple copies of this file . Typically this is not a problem , since most of these extra files are small in size and having multiple copies will not take up much space . 6 .2 - For some graphic intensive programs , you will also need a program called GAPI . This is a special program that allows for faster graphics. Some programs require this, others have the option of using this or the built in windows graphics commands known as GDI. GAPI is free but has to be made by the author to be compatible with individual devices . GAPI is currently compatible with the Omnitech and its clone the Pharos 250 . The name GAPI is a little misleading since the actual file is called GX . dll. Again, this file can be placed in the windows directory or in the program directory that needs it . 6 .3 - Before installing any program, keep in mind that Windows CE is not the same as Windows XP . Programs made for Windows XP will not work on our device, and vice versa. So if a program says it is missing a file , you can 't just copy it from your PC. Also , Windows CE is not the same as Windows Mobile . Many newer programs are made for Windows Mobile . These programs will not work with our device. Windows Mobile is the successor to Windows CE and there is some compatibility between the two programs . This is similar to Windows 95 and Windows XP . Programs written for 1 may work on the other but it is not guaranteed. Also, the version of Windows we have is the core version. Although the sticker on the back of the device says we have Windows CE . NET 4 . 2 Core, the . NET part is completely missing . So programs written using the . NET language will not work with our device. I ' ve tried installing the . NET files, which works , but there is still something missing and . NET programs will not run. 6 .3 . 1 - Most programs come as an installation file called a CAB file since the file extension is CAB. CAB files are basiccally the program files compressed and renamed to something generic . There is a file in the package that will provide the correct names of each file and the location where these files get installed . This file also contains any registry settings that are needed. CAB files must be run from the device . So basically, you need to copy the file to your card , then from the device , call up explorer and run the file . Make a copy of the CAB file before you run it. The CAB file will get erased after it installs so if there is a problem during the install , you won ' t have the file anymore. 6 .3 . 2 - Unlike Windows XP , most programs for PPC do not require registry settings or call up a bunch of windows files, which allows programs to be installed in a easier manner . You can jsut copy the program files onto your card and they will run as is without having to do anything. Many PPC programs are just 1 file executables. In my package of programs I ' ve uploaded before , almost all of them are just 1 file each. 6 .4 - Installing other GPS programs so far has been through trial and error . Basically you install the program and sort through the error message as they appear. There are many threads related to getting specific programs to run.

Edited by - bsweeny on 24 sept. 2010 05:14:39
Go to Top of Page

qpcxd

China
10 Posts

Posted - 24 sept. 2010 :  04:17:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Osprey

qpcxd,
Rename MioMap.exe.id to MioMap_orig.exe.id, then copy MioMap.exe.id from the MioPocket zip's Extras\Device-Specific Install folder.

Thank u for your advice. But there was also no responce.
when I use Option #2: Copy via SD card the problems still.
HERE IS THE MESSAGE FROM "\MioAutoRun\BACKUP\InstallLog.txt"
MioPocket Install Log

This log is generated starting from when MioPocket starts installation until it's installed and attempts to reset. If you see "Install Complete." at the end of this log, installation completed as expected (and you should look in StartupLog.txt for any problems); otherwise, a problem occurred at the point where the last message is. If that happens, look at the script named at the start of the line to find where the last log message was generated.

=Log starts here=

MioAutoRun.mscr: Displaying the startup menu...
Go to Top of Page

Osprey

USA
2764 Posts

Posted - 24 sept. 2010 :  08:47:04  Show Profile  Visit Osprey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
qpcxd,
That's odd. Try re-copying MortScript.exe and MioAutoRun.mscr from R65's zip, unzipping first and renaming MioAutoRun.mscr to MioMap.mscr, of course.

Mio C320 (US), R40 firmware, WinCE 5.0 Core, MioPocket 4.0 Release 68
Latest MioPocket: MioPocket 4.0 (Release 68) - Dec 6, 2010 & ReadMe
Go to Top of Page

Osprey

USA
2764 Posts

Posted - 24 sept. 2010 :  08:48:51  Show Profile  Visit Osprey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Everyone,
Here's Release 66.

Download: MediaFire
Mirror: MegaUpload

===============================================
** MioPocket 4.0 (Release 66) - Sep 26, 2010 ** (Osprey)
===============================================

1. Fixed the shell icon text being too small on 320x240 devices.

2. Fixed shell startup prompting about replacing new icons and settings even after the user answered No on a previous startup. Now, a No answer will move the new files to a backup named "New Icons and Settings" under Skin Changer's "Backups and Defaults" menu. Also, restoring any backup will backup the current icons and settings to a backup named "Old Icons and Settings." Finally, the question about replacing icons and settings now makes it more clear to the user that their changes will be lost and points them to the "Backups and Defaults" menu if they should ever want them back.

3. Tweaked AlReader's configuration so that finger swiping can be used to change pages and bringing up the menu is easier to do by tapping.

4. If the My Documents path is defined in MioPocket.ini, but doesn't exist on the drive, it will now be created.

5. Removing MioPocket via the script will now import the backed up USB settings, if they exist.

6. Fixed Calc98 rotating on 320x240 displays when it's no longer necessary (due to the change in R64).

7. Fixed multiple "MioAutoRun\System\Extra" paths being added to the SystemPath.

Edited by - Osprey on 27 sept. 2010 01:51:37
Go to Top of Page

Osprey

USA
2764 Posts

Posted - 24 sept. 2010 :  09:06:29  Show Profile  Visit Osprey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Everyone,
I've finally created a simpler version of MioPocket that takes up less space and has far fewer apps and features. This is not so much for those of you happy with MioPocket as it is for those who take a look at MioPocket, dislike how it has way more stuff than they'd ever use, then choose a different, simpler unlock, instead. I've heard from a number of people like that over the last few years, so this for them. It's also for those who are nervous about unlocking their devices because of the warnings and "bricking" reports with devices like theirs, especially no-name, Chinese devices.

It differs from the full MioPocket in the following ways:

* A majority of apps were removed. Left in were a few essential apps, like the video player, music player, image viewer, calculator and so on.
* Most DLLs were removed. This means that you'll have more trouble getting apps that you add, yourself, to work... but, if you plan on doing much of that, the full MioPocket would be better for you.
* Minimal system changes are made. This makes it safer, especially for no-name, Chinese devices.
* No soft reset is required after installation.
* The shell interface comes, by default, with much larger icons, fewer icons and fewer pages.

To be honest, I hacked away at MioPocket and came up with this in one afternoon, so you may find some inconsistencies here and there and not everything has been thoroughly tested, but it appears to work all right. It's also not the prettiest thing, but that's partly on purpose, to give it a simpler look.

Again, I don't really intend for most of you to use this, but I wanted to post it here in case a few of you are interested.
FYI, for those who are only curious, the following three pages are all there are.

To see screenshots, download and give me feedback, please visit the MioPocket Mini thread.

Edited by - Osprey on 26 sept. 2010 00:21:06
Go to Top of Page

qpcxd

China
10 Posts

Posted - 24 sept. 2010 :  10:56:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

qpcxd,
That's odd. Try re-copying MortScript.exe and MioAutoRun.mscr from R65's zip, unzipping first and renaming MioAutoRun.mscr to MioMap.mscr, of course.

I have tried it but nothing be changed, still in MIOPOCKET 4.0 R66.

When I install the R64 edition the way as my first R65 installation it works very well.

After I copied MioAutoRun and Media folders from R65 and copied MioAutoRun.exe, MioAutoRun.mscr and MortScript.exe from R64 instead of R65 to the folder the problem still.
Go to Top of Page

jwoegerbauer

1865 Posts

Posted - 24 sept. 2010 :  11:42:30  Show Profile  Visit jwoegerbauer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Everyone,
Here's Release 66.

Download: MediaFire

@Osprey,

this link (http://www.mediafire.com/?n1hoi2hgi2i4dev) is invalid / broken! You should change it to http://www.mediafire.com/?y6l7h8g1f4c6u16 , that's the zip you uploaded today!

Edited by - jwoegerbauer on 24 sept. 2010 11:44:52
Go to Top of Page

gandalf_barbones

France
88 Posts

Posted - 24 sept. 2010 :  11:48:18  Show Profile  Visit gandalf_barbones's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Everyone,
I've finally created a simpler version of MioPocket that takes up less space and has far fewer apps and features. This is not so much for those of you happy with MioPocket as it is for those who take a look at MioPocket, dislike how it has way more stuff than they'd ever use, then choose a different, simpler unlock, instead. I've heard from a number of people like that over the last few years, so this for them. It's also for those who are nervous about unlocking their devices because of the warnings and "bricking" reports with devices like there's, especially no-name, Chinese devices.

This is a great idea.

I don't know if i'll move to this new "miopocket mini" or stay with standard version, but i have to think about it.

I'm not unhappy with having many many application as miopocket "standard" offer (in fact, I clearly want many apps), but my problem is that most of the provided applications are more or less unusable in 800x480/horizontal resolution.
Moreover, my device is not a "mio" device, even it's not a low cost chinese device (on the contrary, it have a great hardware)... so probably some of the artefacts i encounter could be removed with a "less system impactant" version of miopocket.

On the other hand, lot of work have been done by osprey in miopocket standard to help most of WM applications to run (add dlls, etc...)... if i move to miopocket mini, i'll lose this. So maybe the best solution for me is to make my onw "fork" base of miopocket standard, removing all the apps that don't work well and find and install only application that are "800x480 friendly" (currently, None of the included media player work well on my device... but maybe it's just a skin problem). The problem if i do that is that i'll have to redo all the work at each release of miopocket... or i choose a version and i decide to forget all the futture versions of miopocket...

not simple to choose, but maybe miopocket mini can constitute a better based for a "fork"... i don't know.

HP Ipaq 314 + Miopocket 4 (R64) with NoniGPSplot registered FR
Go to Top of Page

ZT-180

5 Posts

Posted - 24 sept. 2010 :  12:24:37  Show Profile  Visit ZT-180's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
ZT-180,
Oh, you need to copy toolhelp.dll from the MioAutoRun\System\CE6 folder to the MioAutoRun\Scripts, MioAutoRun\Programs and MioAutoRun\Programs\MortScript folders. This is because CE6 doesn't like the older toolhelp.dll that's in those folders. Installation replaces it in all places, but, since you're skipping installation, you need to copy them, yourself.

Cool it works!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Osprey

USA
2764 Posts

Posted - 24 sept. 2010 :  12:58:51  Show Profile  Visit Osprey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
qpcxd,
I just did a file compare and MioAutoRun.mscr is exactly the same file in R66 and R65 as in R64, so there's no reason that I can see for there to be any difference at all in behavior.

jwoegerbauer,
Thanks for catching that! I've fixed all links.

gandalf_barbones,
What you should do is simply delete the icons (and, optionally, the files) for the apps that you don't want to use (for whatever reason). That's what everyone is pretty much expected to do. Not every app is going to work or be useful to everyone, so simply delete it. It's all part of customizing things to your tastes. Switching to MioPocket Mini because MioPocket has too many apps (that don't work for you) is a little too drastic, IMO. Power users and geeks (which it kind of sounds like you are) would be better off whittling down MioPocket to how they like it, rather than trying to add to MioPocket Mini to get to the same place.

Edited by - Osprey on 25 sept. 2010 08:23:44
Go to Top of Page

jkowal

1 Posts

Posted - 24 sept. 2010 :  13:00:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello eweryone,

My Mio S555 hangs when i run MioMap (Spirit.exe):
a) when I choose option Find, enter Start and Stop points
or
b) when I choose option Map (and sometimes move few meters)

These issues occurs only when Spirit is called from MioPocket.

Tech details:
Mio Pocket 4.0
Go to Top of Page

Gremlin

Germany
70 Posts

Posted - 24 sept. 2010 :  15:48:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Osprey, i really start to dislike you.
First i write my own unlock, just to find a week later your way better MioPocket.
And now that i'm in the process of creating a lighter version of MioPocket, targeted at older devices, you just release MioPocket Mini.
I hate you! :lol:

Since the included alarm clock is unusable on a 320x240 screen(i see only the hours). Does anyone know of another one, preferably with support for a mp3 playlist or the ability to launch another program?

Regards Gremlin
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 190 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 4,72 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05