Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2220

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 Mio AIO Forums - www.mionav.com
 MioPocket 4.0 (Unlock for GPS devices)
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 190

bsweeny

USA
159 Posts

Posted - 22 sept. 2010 :  16:45:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Osprey, it installs on the / drive but when it reboots it erases and I have to reinstall can I fix this? this method is the best way as I see, almost everything works! I think I read of a way to make a script to automate the files being copied to the / drive or something, I think the Miopocket file on the / drive is the most important? please give me your advise.
ps and some reason 112mb does fit on the / drive?

Omnitech 16878 WinCe 4.2 Core, Tabs V1 Unlock Files With a Modified NK.Bin and Miopocket 4 R66 Unlock! :-D
Go to Top of Page

Janne

Sweden
92 Posts

Posted - 22 sept. 2010 :  19:55:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Osprey
As you might have guessed I now run SD-free.
I've tried a lot of things, taking from R59, system\ce4, system, Windows ControlPanel, System\flashdrive, mortscript.exe and some others and replacing in R65. No keyboard will emerge. However, looking in the registry there is one item that seems to be in error - In HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Cplfile\Shell\Open\Command, the default value points to \Storage Card\MioAutoRun\Programs\Tronik\RunControlPanelApplet.exe. As I'm SD-Free it ain't gonna work. If it has any to do with the KB-problem, I don't know.
Your thoughts?

C710, Wince .Net 4.2 Core
ROM Version R37F.3.112.1201
Sandisk Ultra II 2GB
Go to Top of Page

cherry007

4 Posts

Posted - 22 sept. 2010 :  20:37:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Osprey
Mio C510 WinCE 4.2 MP R65
1. Keyboard does not work.
2. Bad image on the screen (text). [URL=http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/6388/capture001.png]
3. After using the screen capture, the system does not respond. Error: "Can not find /the script name/ or one of its components. Make sure path and filename are correct and that all required libraries are available. Then I have the fatal mistake of an application ("Application MortScript.exe has performed an illegal operation and will shut down.
Program: MortScript.exe
Exception: 0xC0000005
Address: 0004A3E0
Helps only a soft reset.
Go to Top of Page

ZT-180

5 Posts

Posted - 22 sept. 2010 :  22:07:02  Show Profile  Visit ZT-180's Homepage  Reply with Quote
How should I modify MioPocket 4.0 (Release 65) installation to setup it on my Zenithink ZT-180 (WinCE 6.0)?
Go to Top of Page

Osprey

USA
2764 Posts

Posted - 23 sept. 2010 :  02:16:40  Show Profile  Visit Osprey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
320x240 users,
The following should finally fix the small text in the shell: ShellStart.mscr. Copy to MioAutoRun\Scripts. Note that, instead of applying this fix, you can also simply go into the Skin Changer, then to the TopBar Icons and Main Icons pages and press the "Enlarge Text" icons on each. The fixed script merely does it for the user.

grga,
What I thought that you meant was that the software was loading on system startup (at the same time that MioPocket is loading). Is that incorrect? Do you mean that you're launching the software from MioPocket's interface? If so, how did you do it (i.e. create a new icon, modify an existing icon, etc.)?

bsweeny,
First, if it erases on soft reset, then it's not a flash drive (it's nothing more than the ROM\RAM drive that all of us have on our devices). Second, you're not installing MioPocket on it. The drive where all of the files are is where MioPocket is installed.

Janne,
That's likely a result of you either copying your SD installation to the flash drive or, in your testing, re-copying the Registry folder. You should be able to fix it by running MioAutoRun\Scripts\FixPaths.mscr, then re-installing. If not, re-copy the MioAutoRun\Windows folder from the extracted MioPocket zip and re-install. If still not, just re-copy the whole MioAutoRun folder from the extracted zip.

cherry007,
1. Yeah, Janne is having the same keyboard issue with a C710 and we haven't identified why.
2. If you're pointing out the small text, please see the top of this post. If you happen to also be pointing out the grey bar along the bottom, that's probably just from the screenshot app, right? If so and it doesn't go away, press the button in the lower-right corner and choose Toggle Taskbar (may have to do it twice) from the second panel.
3. That's interesting. SD installation, I imagine? I don't know why the screen capture app would stop the SD card from working. Oh, I imagine that you saved the image to the SD card. I still don't know why it would stop it from working (it doesn't happen on my device), but try saving to your flash drive, instead. If that works, you can make it default there by editing the path in MioAutoRun\Registry\vSnap.reg.

ZT-180,
Unless you have some way to run an executable from the device's software or find out if and how the device can automatically run something from the SD card, you'll have to follow the SDfree instructions in the Readme.

Mio C320 (US), R40 firmware, WinCE 5.0 Core, MioPocket 4.0 Release 68
Latest MioPocket: MioPocket 4.0 (Release 68) - Dec 6, 2010 & ReadMe

Edited by - Osprey on 23 sept. 2010 04:05:29
Go to Top of Page

bsweeny

USA
159 Posts

Posted - 23 sept. 2010 :  02:58:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ospery, well

sorry for the misunderstanding

First. just to let you know I am not Soft reseting.

Second the program is installing on something because it works even better then before. I read that anything installed on the flash is erased on hard reset! there is a hard reset after Miopocket installation.

I am not getting the error messages as before. I think I read of a way to make a script to automate the files being copied to the / drive or something can you help me do this.

Finally. I Know Nothing About Programming Or Gps Devices Or Mods. I am asking for your help because I don't know I really appreciate the time and help because i really don't know what im doing.

Omnitech 16878 WinCe 4.2 Core, Tabs V1 Unlock Files With a Modified NK.Bin and Miopocket 4 R66 Unlock! :-D
Go to Top of Page

bsweeny

USA
159 Posts

Posted - 23 sept. 2010 :  03:11:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Osprey, one thing I learned about omnitech is that the files on the flash drive is pulled from a .bin file its called NK.bin and has all the files transferred upon startup. so any changes to the flash drive or registry upon hard reset will be erased! I know I can install Miopocket on this virtual flash drive because I have its keeping it on there or finding a way to transferring the files from the SD card to the flash drive or / drive (Added) Upon Startup. I am asking I have done research and have run into a roadblock. thank you

Edited by - bsweeny on 23 sept. 2010 03:22:15
Go to Top of Page

bsweeny

USA
159 Posts

Posted - 23 sept. 2010 :  06:38:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Osprey, I installed Miopocket on the / drive then took the files Miopocket added from the / drive which is the flash drive and copied them to my SD card eg Miopocket and windows additions, then hard reset and obviously the files were wiped so I attempted to move the backup files back to the flash and got a pop up saying not enough free space! But Miopocket installes and works perfect if I install it on the flash or / drive. what is the problem can you advise?

Go to Top of Page

ZT-180

5 Posts

Posted - 23 sept. 2010 :  09:00:47  Show Profile  Visit ZT-180's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Osprey
ZT-180,
Unless you have some way to run an executable from the device's software or find out if and how the device can automatically run something from the SD card, you'll have to follow the SDfree instructions in the Readme.

Windows on my PAd is absolutely not locked, I can start anything from anywhere. It is 1024*576, and I do not want to install MioPocket as shell. I heard that only one way uninstall MioPocket is to make hard reset, is there any way to install it not as shell but like simple application, and do not to have make hard reset to remove it?
Go to Top of Page

grga

Croatia
32 Posts

Posted - 23 sept. 2010 :  09:25:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

grga,
What I thought that you meant was that the software was loading on system startup (at the same time that MioPocket is loading). Is that incorrect? Do you mean that you're launching the software from MioPocket's interface? If so, how did you do it (i.e. create a new icon, modify an existing icon, etc.)?

Osprey,

Yes, I modified one of the icons (I think Destinator) on GPS screen in Miopocket and yes, I mean launching that software from Miopocket's interface.
Go to Top of Page

antonis71

Greece
32 Posts

Posted - 23 sept. 2010 :  09:33:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Osprey,

Thanks for your new version of Miopocket.
1. How can I disable the .cab installer?
2. When I change the wallpaper to "no wallpaper" and hard reset I still see the default wallpaper (even though I manually backup registry). Only after 2,3 hard resets the wallpaper sets to "no wallpaper".

MIO C320b
Go to Top of Page

Osprey

USA
2764 Posts

Posted - 23 sept. 2010 :  10:24:29  Show Profile  Visit Osprey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
bsweeny,
You said, yourself, that you have no idea what you're doing... and I have no idea what you're doing (or even what you're talking about, to be honest). It's pretty hopeless right there. To add to that, when I correct a misunderstanding of yours, you tend to disregard it or correct me back, then push on with your idea, regardless (and wonder why you hit a roadblock)... which is fine, but means that you're on your own. For both reasons, I can't advise you, no. To be honest, I think that you're way over your head here. You should just enjoy your device instead of spending so much of your (and others') time trying to perfect something that you're just not cut out for.

ZT-180,
Just run MioAutoRun\Scripts\ShellStart.exe. The "shell" is a simple application. What you avoid by not installing MioPocket is all of the registry settings. BTW, a hard reset likely wouldn't uninstall MioPocket from your device, since yours is likely hard reset resistant (it stores the registry on the disk, not simply in memory). So, since you're not that keen on the whole MioPocket package, avoiding installation (via ShellStart.exe) is probably the best choice for you, at least until you know if you like the shell.

grga,
When you say that you modified the Destinator icon, did you tap on it and, when it said that Destinator was not found and prompted you for the path, point it to your Mireo software... or did you tap and hold on it, choose Edit Icon and change the path that way? If you did it the first way, try doing it the second way. If you did it the second way, do the Edit Icon thing again and set the icon's path back to MioAutoRun\Scripts\DestinatorLauncher.mscr, then open MioPocket Settings, go into the General sub-menu, choose "Edit navigation paths" and set the Destinator path to the Mireo software.

antonis71,
1. Disable it? Do you mean so that, when you double-click on a .cab file, it doesn't install or runs something different? That would be the file association. You can change it via one of the options on the System sub-menu in MioPocket Settings or by looking up "cabfile" in MioAutoRun\Registry\FileAssociations.reg. If your problem is something different, please explain.
2. Hmm. The fact that it eventually takes effect proves that the change is being saved. I can't think of any reason why it would take more than even one soft reset (much less a hard one). You're setting it through MioPocket Settings, I take it, and is the change made immediately to MioPocket.ini?

Mio C320 (US), R40 firmware, WinCE 5.0 Core, MioPocket 4.0 Release 68
Latest MioPocket: MioPocket 4.0 (Release 68) - Dec 6, 2010 & ReadMe

Edited by - Osprey on 23 sept. 2010 23:18:45
Go to Top of Page

ZT-180

5 Posts

Posted - 23 sept. 2010 :  10:27:37  Show Profile  Visit ZT-180's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
ZT-180,
Just run MioAutoRun\Scripts\ShellStart.exe. The "shell" is a simple application. What you avoid by not installing MioPocket is all of the registry settings. BTW, a hard reset likely wouldn't uninstall MioPocket from your device, since yours is likely hard reset resistant (it stores the registry on the disk, not simply in memory). So, since you're not that keen on the whole MioPocket package, avoiding installation (via ShellStart.exe) is probably the best choice for you, at least until you know if you like the shell.

Thank you!!!
Go to Top of Page

bsweeny

USA
159 Posts

Posted - 23 sept. 2010 :  14:29:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Osprey, I apologise for being so hard to help I just get an idea and in my head I think I am right no matter what anyone else says. the installation of Miopocket does not make sense to me either I have tried to explain as best I can what I see but to be honest I probably am not right. its like you saying you cannot use bluetooth on your gps and me saying no I can but me not even knowing what im talking about. I again am so appreciative of your time he'll I don't understand how you help me or get me the answers you do its crazy! Amazing you have some patience that is remarkable in my eyes I would have told me to figure it out on your own along time ago but you have and probably will keep helping because that's you, and maby you like the challenge. again I apologise for being so pushy. I think I am going to install it on my memory card then just transfer the dlls to the flash everytime I reset.

Thank you so much Osprey

Edited by - bsweeny on 23 sept. 2010 14:32:22
Go to Top of Page

qpcxd

China
10 Posts

Posted - 23 sept. 2010 :  14:44:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
[OS]
Platform=WindowsCE
MajorVersion=5
MinorVersion=0
ImageBuild=1234
ReleaseDate=20061231
Language=CHS
ImageUpgrade=0
ImageVersion=30.3.9929.1122

[Hardware]
CPUModel=2443
PanelType=Samsung
RAMSize=64M

[MIO]
ModelName=C320
Region=CHINA

[Map]
2010 spring edition

Dear Osprey, i use a mio C320(some messages above) and last time that SDFree installation was possible in release 59 of MioPocket 3.0.

With the MioPocket 4.0 R65 i have no succes!

Problem in version 65:

After i do a "SD free" installation(Copy the MioAutoRun and Media folders to the root of the Flash Disk,Rename MioMap.exe to MioMap_orig.exe and MioMap.exe.id to MioMap_orig.exe.id,Copy MioAutoRun.exe,
MioAutoRun.mscr and MortScript.exe to the map folder then Rename MioAutoRun.exe to MioMap.exe and MioAutoRun.mscr to MioMap.mscr),
When I press "Miomap" icon there is no responce.

I need your help!
Thank U!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 190 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1,54 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05