Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com


GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com



Versions

Links/Liens




Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 1934




Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal


GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

 All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 Mio AIO Forums - www.mionav.com
 MioPocket 4.0 (Unlock for GPS devices)
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 190

Osprey

USA
2764 Posts

Posted - 15 sept. 2010 :  11:21:27  Show Profile  Visit Osprey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Everyone,
Here's Release 64.

I added a few things, but the more important thing is that it contains all of the fixed scripts.

Download: MediaFire

===============================================
** MioPocket 4.0 (Release 64) - Sep 15, 2010 ** (Osprey)
===============================================

1. Added MMCE, a powerful image viewer that supports gestures (swipe left/right for next/previous image and up/down to zoom in/out).

2. Added World Clock, an app for viewing times around the world, as well other useful information (like sunrise/sunset times, country calling codes, area codes and airport codes).

3. Upgraded Opera Mini to v5.1.

4. Added larger MiniBar and MiniMenu skins for 800x480 displays.

5. Fixed MioPocket not auto-launching after exiting a nav app when "Close MioPocket during nav apps" (default) is enabled.

6. Fixed the "Set Language" menu option in MioPocket Settings not saving the change.

7. Fixed Control Panel being empty on CE4 devices.

8. Fixed navigation app launching on some devices.

9. Fixed installation hanging on "Configuring skin..." for some 320x240 devices.

10. Fixed startup issues on some devices.

11. Possibly fixed Task Manager not showing its main menu bar (which includes the exit button) on some devices.

12. Fixed Pocket Uno crashing with a "BadImageFormatException" error on some devices.

13. Soft resetting the device will now also try a fourth reset method if the first three don't work.

14. Reduced screen rotation time by about 5 seconds, including when portrait games are run.

15. Enlarging and shrinking text on the Main Icons page of Skin Changer will now enlarge or shrink the icon spacing. Also, set the default icon spacing to something slightly larger so that there are only 3 columns of icons in portrait mode at 480x272 (to fix text overlapping).

16. Fixed installation hanging in Device Emulator when trying to reset. It will run the shell without reset, instead.

Mio C320 (US), R40 firmware, WinCE 5.0 Core, MioPocket 4.0 Release 68
Latest MioPocket: MioPocket 4.0 (Release 68) - Dec 6, 2010 & ReadMe

Edited by - Osprey on 17 sept. 2010 11:30:00
Go to Top of Page

BaiCam

8 Posts

Posted - 15 sept. 2010 :  14:12:09  Show Profile  Visit BaiCam's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have installed this version, but it did not install correctly, now I cannot access and programs. I have tried to remove using the standard RMPocket but even this does not work and running mortscript makes no difference. I would like to remove ALL references to Miopocket on my device and start again.

How can I force miopocket to uninstall? Is it possible for Osprey to write a dedicated stand alone uninstall program? Or to rewrite the program so that all registry links etc. are restored / set even after first installation? It seems to me that installing any version is ok, but then installing a later version does not go well at all.
Go to Top of Page

Eggh

United Kingdom
4 Posts

Posted - 15 sept. 2010 :  14:22:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@Osprey: seems the dll that was needed was aygshell. My windows is compact so that dll was missing from the system folder (and on my Navman you cannot of course permanently write any files to system folder, that gets overwritten from flash every time I reset the device). So I just copied that file to programs folder and taskmanager works now.

Also, if I want to update to a newer version, what is the proper way to update it without a new install? I just want to replace files/scripts that changed.
Go to Top of Page

jwoegerbauer

1863 Posts

Posted - 15 sept. 2010 :  14:23:04  Show Profile  Visit jwoegerbauer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BaiCam

I have installed this version, but it did not install correctly, now I cannot access and programs. I have tried to remove using the standard RMPocket but even this does not work and running mortscript makes no difference. I would like to remove ALL references to Miopocket on my device and start again.

How can I force miopocket to uninstall? Is it possible for Osprey to write a dedicated stand alone uninstall program? Or to rewrite the program so that all registry links etc. are restored / set even after first installation? It seems to me that installing any version is ok, but then installing a later version does not go well at all.


What's the type of your device's registy: RAM-based or HIVE-based? This to know is extremely important to know before your question can correctly be answered.

@Osprey,

thanks, now I have all the fixes you made (I until now never could download) in one place.
Go to Top of Page

Gremlin

Germany
70 Posts

Posted - 15 sept. 2010 :  15:08:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Osprey
1. Use the "Hide/Show Windows" and/or "Switch Windows" buttons on the MiniBar's MiniMenu to unhide the dialog.

Sorry, but which problem is this fix suppose to address?

quote:
Originally posted by Osprey
To answer your question, I don't know who wrote the app.

Too bad, i hoped you had a clue.

quote:
Originally posted by Osprey
3. Did .flv files work for you in R59?

Yes, like a chram.

quote:
Originally posted by Osprey
It just feels like one to you because you didn't try any of the releases in-between. I can't be blamed for that :)

I'm already in the process to correct that problem. ;-)


btw. Why is IE only supported for WinCE5?


Regards Gremlin
Go to Top of Page

BaiCam

8 Posts

Posted - 15 sept. 2010 :  15:08:38  Show Profile  Visit BaiCam's Homepage  Reply with Quote
how do I tell?

I think it is RAM based.




quote:
Originally posted by jwoegerbauer

quote:
Originally posted by BaiCam

I have installed this version, but it did not install correctly, now I cannot access and programs. I have tried to remove using the standard RMPocket but even this does not work and running mortscript makes no difference. I would like to remove ALL references to Miopocket on my device and start again.

How can I force miopocket to uninstall? Is it possible for Osprey to write a dedicated stand alone uninstall program? Or to rewrite the program so that all registry links etc. are restored / set even after first installation? It seems to me that installing any version is ok, but then installing a later version does not go well at all.


What's the type of your device's registy: RAM-based or HIVE-based? This to know is extremely important to know before your question can correctly be answered.

@Osprey,

thanks, now I have all the fixes you made (I until now never could download) in one place.

Go to Top of Page

NRT

Australia
51 Posts

Posted - 15 sept. 2010 :  15:09:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the new version. I am having a problem with my Mio Moov 300 when trying to run MP Settings it comes up with an error

'EndForEach' without 'ForEach'

Line 645 (\Storage Card\MioAutoRun\Scripts\Icon Manager.mscr):
EndForEach

Navman S50 & MioMoov 300 running iGO, Primo & TomTom
Go to Top of Page

Gremlin

Germany
70 Posts

Posted - 15 sept. 2010 :  15:19:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jwoegerbauer
What's the type of your device's registy: RAM-based or HIVE-based?

???Would you care to elaborate? As far as i know, the registry is always based on Hives.

Regards Gremlin
Go to Top of Page

jwoegerbauer

1863 Posts

Posted - 15 sept. 2010 :  15:43:23  Show Profile  Visit jwoegerbauer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gremlin

quote:
Originally posted by jwoegerbauer
What's the type of your device's registy: RAM-based or HIVE-based?

???Would you care to elaborate? As far as i know, the registry is always based on Hives.

Regards Gremlin


Das ist ja mal ganz was Neues! Ich habe die Frage nicht nur so aus Spaß gestellt. Tipp: Einfach mal den Unterschied "googlen". Kostet zwar etwas Zeit, aber was soll's.

You simply can query the type of your device's registry by running a little script as follows:

#Get type of registry (0 = RAM, 1 = HIVE)
Message("" & RegRead("HKLM","\System\ObjectStore","RegistryType"))

Edited by - jwoegerbauer on 15 sept. 2010 15:54:35
Go to Top of Page

BaiCam

8 Posts

Posted - 15 sept. 2010 :  15:59:38  Show Profile  Visit BaiCam's Homepage  Reply with Quote
ok, I don't have my device on me, but what are my options when I have doen that?



quote:
Originally posted by jwoegerbauer

quote:
Originally posted by Gremlin

quote:
Originally posted by jwoegerbauer
What's the type of your device's registy: RAM-based or HIVE-based?

???Would you care to elaborate? As far as i know, the registry is always based on Hives.

Regards Gremlin


Das ist ja mal ganz was Neues! Ich habe die Frage nicht nur so aus Spaß gestellt. Tipp: Einfach mal den Unterschied "googlen". Kostet zwar etwas Zeit, aber was soll's.

You simply can query the type of your device's registry by running a little script as follows:

#Get type of registry (0 = RAM, 1 = HIVE)
Message("" & RegRead("HKLM","\System\ObjectStore","RegistryType"))


Go to Top of Page

bumbum

519 Posts

Posted - 15 sept. 2010 :  16:18:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
ok, I don't have my device on me, but what are my options when I have doen that?


That's a still pending discussion in another thread in case your device is hive based
http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=132727&whichpage=39

Osprey, jwoegerbauer

I am still not able to delete system.hv any else ideas?

BaiCam

don't do that, before I have tested out!

Falk F8, only used for real car Navigation, Miopocket Rel. 5? installed / Becker 7928 test device for car and writing desk, always newest Miopocket version / Medion 4435 only test device on writing desk, always newest Miopocket version / Often others

Edited by - bumbum on 15 sept. 2010 16:21:10
Go to Top of Page

tomek

Poland
17 Posts

Posted - 15 sept. 2010 :  16:53:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
After hard reset driver of spectec disappear. What I must do, to avoid this. I've already copy .rom file to Mio Pocket\Windows and .dll file to Mio Pocket\System (only two files are inside .cab file). I also put registry from .cab to Mio Pocket\Registry\Custom. I think that I doing something wrong because things what I've done don't working.

MIO C520 + spectec sdw-821
MioPocket 4.0 r65
Go to Top of Page

jwoegerbauer

1863 Posts

Posted - 15 sept. 2010 :  18:17:10  Show Profile  Visit jwoegerbauer's Homepage  Reply with Quote

OFF-TOPIC
quote:
Originally posted by bumbum


Osprey, jwoegerbauer

I am still not able to delete system.hv any else ideas?



You must not delete it, it's enough to corrupt it, i.e. totally empty it. How this is done, in detail is described in the "tips & tricks" thread you linked to here (middle of page). Here an abbreviated re-post:


Call("RegistryDelete","HKCR","")
Call("RegistryDelete","HKLM","")
Call("RegistryDelete","HKCU","")
.
.
.
Sub RegistryDelete
Local(root,key)
root=argv[1]
key=argv[2]
ForEach variable in regSubkeys(root,key)
	RegDeleteKey(root,variable,TRUE,TRUE)
EndForEach
EndSub


Edited by - jwoegerbauer on 15 sept. 2010 18:19:23
Go to Top of Page

bsweeny

USA
159 Posts

Posted - 15 sept. 2010 :  18:34:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jwoegerbauer

quote:
Originally posted by Gremlin

quote:
Originally posted by jwoegerbauer
What's the type of your device's registy: RAM-based or HIVE-based?

???Would you care to elaborate? As far as i know, the registry is always based on Hives.

Regards Gremlin


Das ist ja mal ganz was Neues! Ich habe die Frage nicht nur so aus Spaß gestellt. Tipp: Einfach mal den Unterschied "googlen". Kostet zwar etwas Zeit, aber was soll's.

You simply can query the type of your device's registry by running a little script as follows:

#Get type of registry (0 = RAM, 1 = HIVE)
Message("" & RegRead("HKLM","\System\ObjectStore","RegistryType"))





*i could not understand german so I translated it.

That ' s sometimes something quite new ! I have to question not just made for fun. Tip : Just google the difference ". Does it cost a little time , but what the heck.

Omnitech 16878 WinCe 4.2 Core, Tabs V1 Unlock Files With a Modified NK.Bin and Miopocket 4 R66 Unlock! :-D
Go to Top of Page

bsweeny

USA
159 Posts

Posted - 15 sept. 2010 :  18:46:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Osprey, I appreciate your suggestion about me giving up on flash but I have to try everything! you have helped me so much and I thank you for that.

on a serious note the megaupload download for Miopocket 4 r64 is not working! says that the file is no longer available for download

Added Nevermind It Works Now

Omnitech 16878 WinCe 4.2 Core, Tabs V1 Unlock Files With a Modified NK.Bin and Miopocket 4 R66 Unlock! :-D

Edited by - bsweeny on 15 sept. 2010 19:07:53
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 190 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1,12 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05