Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2297

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 Mio AIO Forums - www.mionav.com
 MioPocket 4.0 (Unlock for GPS devices)
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 190

bumbum

519 Posts

Posted - 10 sept. 2010 :  12:52:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Osprey

Everyone,
This will fix MioPocket Settings not saving the language that you set. Copy to MioAutoRun\Scripts. MioPocketSettings.mscr

bumbum,
I hate to bother you again, but I made one small tweak to Initialize.mscr to (I think) fix Shinare's issue and uploaded it for him (see below). For your benefit, you might want to test it to make sure that it works for you, so that I don't include it in the next release and break things for you again.

Shinare,
Please try copying this Initialize.mscr to MioAutoRun\Scripts. If that doesn't fix it, you can remove the # sign from in front of the ErrorLevel line near the top to suppress the error.

Thanks Osprey, both, Initialize and Settings, are working perfect.

Falk F8, only used for real car Navigation, Miopocket Rel. 5? installed / Becker 7928 test device for car and writing desk, always newest Miopocket version / Medion 4435 only test device on writing desk, always newest Miopocket version / Often others
Go to Top of Page

Osprey

USA
2764 Posts

Posted - 10 sept. 2010 :  15:08:15  Show Profile  Visit Osprey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
bsweeny,
1. No, the "flash fix" is included in R63 and the "flash test" didn't work.
2. The Flash app should open.
3. If I knew, I could've taken them from my own device.

k4955,
Most settings can be set in MioPocket.ini, including the lockscreen. As for MioPocket Settings, I'm not sure, but I'd recommend putting R63 on your device. I may've solved it or it could just be a bad file copy.

Carpenter940,
Moovs lose their registry settings with hard resets. That should solve it for you. Hold the power switch in the "Reset" position for several seconds, until the device resets, and the device should be back to factory settings. You could also hold the switch in the "Off" position, then repeat.

knight44,
Hmm. There aren't a whole lot of variables here. If you don't have a MioMap.exe, then that leaves only AppStartupSec.exe and SmartST_CE.exe. R63 is simply running one of those and the previous release that you had simply ran one of those, too. You said that you tried setting the MioMap path to SmartST_CE.exe, but did you try setting it to AppStartupSec.exe (I know that you said that you tried to launch that from Explorer, but I'd try it this way, too). If that doesn't work, perhaps you should re-install your previous MioPocket release, confirm that things work and then see what the MioMap path is set to in MioPocket.ini, then set the same in R63's MioPocket.ini. If that doesn't change things, then there's absolutely something else going on and I can help you get to the bottom of it.

sixtiesrule,
It sounds like the navigation icon is set to run \Storage Card\MobileNavigator\MobileNavigator.exe, is that right? If so, doesn't that mean that there's something wrong with that file? Maybe it's missing, maybe it's the 8KB MioAutoRun.exe that comes with MioPocket and either MobileNavigator.mscr (MioAutoRun.mscr renamed) or MortScript.exe is missing (either of which would cause nothing to happen, as you reported). Aside from installing unlocks, you should also be able to copy any .exe to that folder and rename it to MobileNavigator.exe, such as FileManCE.exe (in MioAutoRun\Programs\FileManCE2) and Regedit.exe (in MioAutoRun\Programs), allowing you to do just about whatever you need on the device to get it back up and running. Instead of doing either just yet, though, I would get the MioPocket files in that folder sorted out, since MioPocket's startup menu gives you access to file managers, regedit and the keyboard (important for renaming files).

ivanfix and jwoegerbauer,
Did you replace MortScript.exe (the one in the same folder as MioAutoRun.exe and MioAutoRun.mscr) with the new one in R63? If so, there might still be a bug in MortScript.exe. You can try opening SubRoutines.mscr and deleting line 438 (the "Exit" line), which, I think, is giving MortScript the problem.

JCarlosMilan,
I'm glad to hear it. Thanks for reading the last few pages before asking. It saves me time.

Mio C320 (US), R40 firmware, WinCE 5.0 Core, MioPocket 4.0 Release 68
Latest MioPocket: MioPocket 4.0 (Release 68) - Dec 6, 2010 & ReadMe

Edited by - Osprey on 10 sept. 2010 15:10:43
Go to Top of Page

yanq

Romania
7 Posts

Posted - 10 sept. 2010 :  17:08:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@Osprey

Latest files fix included in the kit MP 4.0(63) ??
Go to Top of Page

tomek

Poland
17 Posts

Posted - 10 sept. 2010 :  19:01:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
HI Osprey! There is a new Opera. 5.1 now and working on miopocket.

MIO C520 + spectec sdw-821
MioPocket 4.0 r65
Go to Top of Page

Carpenter940

USA
50 Posts

Posted - 10 sept. 2010 :  20:08:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Carpenter940

I don't know how but I think I messed up my registry on my Moov 500. My touch screen is very hard to navigate, almost non-responsive but still works a little. <clip>

Found out what the problem was... the screen protector that I had applied a few months back all the sudden was distorting the touch screen. In a way it was pressing on the screen and giving the GPS a false press. I removed it and now everything's fine.

Sometimes it's the smallest things that can mess you up. I was on another site where someone was having problems with his SD card slot, he couldn't get anything to write to it.... it turns out every time he slid his SD card in the LOCK would slide too and caused it to become unusable.

Mio Moov 500R2 CE5
Garmin Nuvi 1350
Magellan 1470
Magellan 1700

Edited by - Carpenter940 on 10 sept. 2010 20:11:08
Go to Top of Page

papouphil

France
20 Posts

Posted - 10 sept. 2010 :  20:11:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,

I have a problem with miopocket 4.0 on my c320:

When i close a gps app, just like igo8, the shellstart does'nt come back alone, and i have to double click on the miopocket icon on the desktop to see the iphone desk coming back. What can i do to give it automatic ?

Thanks a lot

MIO c320
Go to Top of Page

Osprey

USA
2764 Posts

Posted - 10 sept. 2010 :  20:35:10  Show Profile  Visit Osprey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
yanq,
No, the current R63 does not have the recent fixes. I'm going to do something about that soon.

tomek,
It's funny that you mention it, since I noticed and downloaded 5.1 this morning, myself. Thanks for the reminder, though, as well as the confirmation that it works (at least without tweaking).

Carpenter940,
That's funny (regarding the SD card lock). Stuff like that can be embarrassing, as you discovered for yourself. Last night, I spent half an hour getting frustrated that I couldn't solve a scripting bug and almost-angrily saying multiple times to the device "what's going on here?!"... only to realize that I had made a stupid, simple syntax error. I can't even tell you what it was exactly because my ego has suppressed the details of it like a bad childhood memory.

papouphil,
Yeah, I fixed that the other day. Please download the new "AppLauncher.mscr" that I uploaded near the top of page 54 and copy it to MioAutoRun\Scripts.

Edited by - Osprey on 10 sept. 2010 20:38:27
Go to Top of Page

tomek

Poland
17 Posts

Posted - 10 sept. 2010 :  21:25:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There is one issue with new opera. Below the opera is grey strap decreasing screen.

MIO C520 + spectec sdw-821
MioPocket 4.0 r65
Go to Top of Page

andy g

1 Posts

Posted - 10 sept. 2010 :  21:54:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi new on here and wondering if anyone could help me a little.
I bought a navman s555 i followed the instructins and managed to unlock it with the sd card option.
I'm after installing tomtom on it hopefully one with lane guidance for my girlfriend as she says she only likes tomtomon. i dont know where to download the correct one or if i can (i was hoping for free somewhere) and also how i to install it on to pocket 4.0 i downloaded one but wasn't sure if it was the correct one i tried it but it didnt work also i weren't sure if i installed it correct. Any help would gratefull thanks from Andy.
Go to Top of Page

frlkkcs

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 10 sept. 2010 :  22:30:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

frlkkcs,
Yes, soft reset through the power menu ('X' button). If, as it sounds like you're saying, installation just exited, didn't reset the device and forced you to manually launch MioPocket (via the desktop icon, I assume), then the soft reset is the problem. If your device won't soft reset with the option in the power menu, there might be some way for your device to reset through the hardware buttons or the software that came with our device. If not and you're stuck without being able to reset, you should be able to solve the problem by copying all DLLs that each app is dependent on to the folders where the apps are. It's a huge pain, but should work.

It seems that the soft reset is the problem. If I change the timezone, for instance, and do a soft reset miopocket seems to backup the registry and exits, the gps restarts, but hangs with the Insignia splash screen. I have to power off the gps to get beyond that point, and when I restart Miopocket, I find the timezone hasn't changed.

BTW, I'm launching Miopocket from an xtyler universal unlock menu.

Regarding caching the dlls with the application, I wouldn't mind doing that for some key applications like vsnap.exe, but how do I know what dlls will work? I tried coredll, coredl2, cordl3 and a number of aygshells to get vsnap to work, to no avail.
Go to Top of Page

papouphil

France
20 Posts

Posted - 10 sept. 2010 :  22:47:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Osprey,
Thank you very much,

It works great now !

MIO c320
Go to Top of Page

eldeep

Spain
3 Posts

Posted - 10 sept. 2010 :  23:01:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tonnie

I try to put MIO pocket on my Pioneer Avic F500BT, but it doesn't work. I proberly doing something wrong but what?? Please can some one help me?

Hi Tonnie,,
I also trying to install on F500bt,, but restart after install "hangs" at "LOADING" with two icons right bottom and x on right upper,,
DId you solve something yet,,??

Kind regards,,
Go to Top of Page

bsweeny

USA
159 Posts

Posted - 10 sept. 2010 :  23:27:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

bsweeny,
Just copy any of the ayghshel*.dll files in R63's MioAutoRun\System folder to MioAutoRun\Programs\Flash and rename them to aygshel3.dll. I don't think that it'll make any difference what you name

Osprey, after I rename the aygshel.dll file should I reset the gps unit then test or just test?

2. what is the excitable file that executes flash? where is the exe located? not just the icon but the actual file?

thank you in advance

Omnitech 16878 WinCe 4.2 Core, Tabs V1 Unlock Files With a Modified NK.Bin and Miopocket 4 R66 Unlock! :-D
Go to Top of Page

Osprey

USA
2764 Posts

Posted - 11 sept. 2010 :  01:33:18  Show Profile  Visit Osprey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
tomek,
That was with 5.0, as well. I had to tweak it to use a aygshel2.dll. For now, you can fix it by copying R62's MioAutoRun\System\CE5\aygshel2.dll to MioAutoRun\Programs\Opera Mini and renaming it to aygshell.dll.

frlkkcs,
Oh, I thought that you knew. Use EXE Check on the Tools page to check which DLLs an executable is dependent upon, then look for those DLLs under MioAutoRun\System and, as I mentioned before, copy them to the same folder as the executable. Before you do that, though, it's probably worth trying to run MioAutoRun\Programs\Reset.exe, MioAutoRun\Programs\Restart.exe and MioAutoRun\Programs\PHM Tools\Reset.exe to see if there's any difference when the device boots back up.

bsweeny,
1. No need to reset.
2. MioAutoRun\Programs\Flash. You can always look up the icon's path and, if it's set to a script, open that script in a text editor to find out.

Edited by - Osprey on 11 sept. 2010 01:34:56
Go to Top of Page

knight44

Australia
17 Posts

Posted - 11 sept. 2010 :  04:25:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Osprey,

quote:
knight44,
Hmm. There aren't a whole lot of variables here. If you don't have a MioMap.exe, then that leaves only AppStartupSec.exe and SmartST_CE.exe. R63 is simply running one of those and the previous release that you had simply ran one of those, too. You said that you tried setting the MioMap path to SmartST_CE.exe, but did you try setting it to AppStartupSec.exe (I know that you said that you tried to launch that from Explorer, but I'd try it this way, too). If that doesn't work, perhaps you should re-install your previous MioPocket release, confirm that things work and then see what the MioMap path is set to in MioPocket.ini, then set the same in R63's MioPocket.ini. If that doesn't change things, then there's absolutely something else going on and I can help you get to the bottom of it.

Ok, I uninstalled R63 and, before installing R61, I made sure that the Navman program was actually still working. And just in case the Navman program was playing silly buggers, I also made sure I had a satellite fix before trying anything.

I first changed the path (I'm using the MioMap icon) to Program Files\Navman\AppStartupSec.exe and Navman ran - I couldn't shut it down as the hotspot doesn't work (even though the blue triangle is visible; there is no close button "X"). Had to reset.

Then tried setting the path to SmartST_CE, and again the Navman program worked. There was no visible blue triangle this time, but the close button was. I closed Navman and ran Ozi Explorer - no problems. Closed OziEx and tried Navman again (ie city-country-city etc), and repeated this several times. The blue triangle was there for OziEx (but not the close button), but it didn't work - OziEx has it's own close button so no problem.

One strange thing though, is that it takes two attempts, via the top-right close button, to shut down Navman. The first time Navman just reloads, the second time it shuts down.

Installed R62 (hadn't installed this version before)and found that Navman did not run using the paths \SmartST_CE.exe, \AppStartupSec.exe or via the original path under the MioMap icon which also seems to call SmartST_CE.exe. A Navman splash screen or the safety screen was all that was visible as Navman tried to launch. MioP restarted after each attempt.

Thanks Osprey, hopes this makes sense to you.

Navman MY55T, Windows CE5.0, MioPocket V4, R63 on SDHC card

Edited by - knight44 on 11 sept. 2010 04:52:14
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 190 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,91 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05