Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2264

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 Mio AIO Forums - www.mionav.com
 MioPocket 4.0 (Unlock for GPS devices)
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 190

Big Burgo

Australia
7 Posts

Posted - 01 sept. 2010 :  04:05:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Osprey, The device didn't come with IGO8 but it "is" running successfully when I insert my other SD card.
The original program that came with the GPS uses "Mobile Navigator" which no longer supply maps for updates for this model according to the Laser website.
I only wanted to install MioPocket because it looks great and gives me so much more functionality. I really love your work.
Kind regards, Dave

Laser Navig8r L-43
Samsung ARM920T-S3C244A
64 MB Ram
WinCe 5.00
MioPocket 4.0 V62
Kingston 2G SDMMC
Go to Top of Page

Osprey

USA
2764 Posts

Posted - 01 sept. 2010 :  05:24:11  Show Profile  Visit Osprey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Big_Burgo,
Oh, so you have one card with iGO on it and one card with MioPocket and iGO? Are you sure that the IGO copies are exactly the same (same version, same sys.txt, etc.)? Why don't you simply put MioPocket on the card that has the working iGO? If you want to maintain the ability to boot into iGO 8 without MioPocket, you can use MioPocket's startup menu to choose between running MioPocket and running iGO. If you rename iGO's executable the same as MioAutoRun.exe, but with "_orig" before the ".exe", it'll work. Alternately, if you really prefer having two separate cards, at least copy the iGO from the working card to the MioPocket card so that they're identical. If it still doesn't work within MioPocket, something to try is to go to the power menu and choose "Close MioPocket," then run iGO from the start menu's Run command. If that works, try the iGO icon on the start menu. If things still don't work, try running TRE Regedit (MioAutoRun\Programs\Regedit.exe), importing MioAutoRun\Backup\startupapps.reg and soft resetting.

Mio C320 (US), R40 firmware, WinCE 5.0 Core, MioPocket 4.0 Release 68
Latest MioPocket: MioPocket 4.0 (Release 68) - Dec 6, 2010 & ReadMe
Go to Top of Page

bsweeny

USA
159 Posts

Posted - 01 sept. 2010 :  05:31:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Osprey, what is going to be different in r62 Edit r63? new games, apps? when can we download it. I am excited

Omnitech 16878 WinCe 4.2 Core, Tabs V1 Unlock Files With a Modified NK.Bin and Miopocket 4 R66 Unlock! :-D

Edited by - bsweeny on 01 sept. 2010 06:30:18
Go to Top of Page

KhaKev

385 Posts

Posted - 01 sept. 2010 :  06:24:38  Show Profile  Visit KhaKev's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Osprey

KhaKev,
Try deleting all of the files in the Nitrogen folder (minus Nitrogen.exe). If that doesn't solve it, you might try copying different versions of aygshell.dll to the Nitrogen folder to see if that file is responsible and if a different one fixes it.
Osprey,
Tried above with no success. Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

wayway

Malaysia
5 Posts

Posted - 01 sept. 2010 :  06:38:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,
I had uninstalled Mio 3.0 R 59 from my Wayway PNA (SD card installation) and followed the instruction guide to install Mio 4.0 R 62 using method for Nextar as I previously successfully used to install Mio 3.0 R 59. But the installation for Mio 4.0 failed as although I could see all the Mio files in the SD card via USB cable but the files can't be viewed after unplug the USB cable. I tried creating a Mobilenavigator folder and copied MioAutoRun and Media folers there but leave MioAutoRun.exe, MioAutoRun.mscr and MortScript.exe in the root of the SD. With this setup i can view all Mio files but when i click on the MioAutoRun.exe the installation doesn't start. Please help.

Rgds.
Go to Top of Page

bsweeny

USA
159 Posts

Posted - 01 sept. 2010 :  08:05:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Osprey

Everyone,
No feedback on my FlashFix.zip? I see that 11 people have downloaded it.

aiolos,
Have you installed R62 fresh yet (i.e. not just copied R62 over an earlier version)? Did it work in R60 or R61 or was R59 the last time? Is your "working backup" R59? If so, you could make a copy of that, rename its MioAutoRun\Scripts\SysInfo-Start.mscr to ShellStart.mscr, open Initialize.mscr and replace all instances of "SysInfo-Start" with "ShellStart", then copy Initialize.mscr, ShellStart.mscr and StartupPrograms.mscr to your R62's MioAutoRun\Scripts folder and soft reset your R62. If the power button works, then it tells us that there's a problem in one of those three files and you could copy back R62's version one at time to narrow it down to one file. Two more things to try are replacing R62's System and Registry folders with the ones in the working backup.

MrFrem82,
Unfortunately, I think that you're going to continue to have problems with installation because of your folder structure. You may be better off simply running MioAutoRun\Scripts\Initialize.exe to run MioPocket, thus bypassing installation.

lucianu,
Try pressing the icon next to the keyboard icon and choosing "Select Keyboard" from the menu. You should get a pop-up with a number of other SIP keyboards. Try selecting those. If that doesn't help, then it looks like your device is one of those that doesn't like the SIP keyboard. In that case, go into MioPocket Settings->MiniBar->Set MiniBar Keyboard and choose JOTKBD.

bumbum,
1. Is that a backlight control script that you wrote? What's in it?
2. You're not being clear about what isn't working. Are you choosing "Kill startup app not listed here" or is it listed, you're selecting it and choosing "Delete App"?
3. When you minimize a nav app, I write the name of the window to the top of NavMinimize.mscr so that, when you're back at MioPocket's shell, pressing the NavMinimize triangle knows which app to un-minimize. You must've pressed the triangle when the power options menu was on the screen. Either blank out everything after the "savedWindow=" or re-copy the NavMinimize.mscr that I uploaded earlier.

Janne,
1. Do you happen to have AutoStandby enabled? If so, I suggest turning that off so that we can be sure that that's not it or is not complicating things. After that, the questions and steps that I just gave to aiolos are applicable to you, too.
2. When you say that the keyboard is "missing," do you mean to say that it worked once? If so, with which release and did it work with R59? If you've told me before, I apologize. It's that I can't remember everything about everyone's case, especially when people are having similar problems. There's just a huge difference between "X has never worked" and "X hasn't worked since Release X."

Sega dude,
Are you using R62 and did you set your navigation icon to run MioAutoRun.exe?

Sora1421,
You need to also rename MioAutoRun.mscr to iGO8.mscr. Really, though, there's a better way to go about it. Set it back to the original iGO8.exe, then copy MioAutoRun.exe, MioAutoRun.mscr and MortScript.exe to the root of the drive, then find in your device's menu where to set what the navigation icon runs. It's likely set to iGO8.exe right now. Set it to run MioAutoRun.exe. If that doesn't work, make sure that you're using R62. If you can't find where to set the navigation icon, you could just do what you were doing before with the MioAutoRun.exe/iGO8.exe and MioAutoRun.mscr/iGO8.mscr renaming in the iGO folder.

TiGuy82,
Try switching the order of the two lines. If that doesn't help, try running MioPocket's MioAutoRun\Programs\ShowTaskbar.exe (it hides, too), instead. As for killing, you don't need to script copying toolhelp.dll; simply copy it from MioPocket to the same folder as your MortScript.exe and MortScript will find it when the Kill command is processed.

Osprey, flash fix did nothing for my wince 4.2 devise! I did a complete format and reinstalled everything with the latest Miopocket r62 and nothing! flash icon depressed and no go. help

Omnitech 16878 WinCe 4.2 Core, Tabs V1 Unlock Files With a Modified NK.Bin and Miopocket 4 R66 Unlock! :-D
Go to Top of Page

Janne

Sweden
92 Posts

Posted - 01 sept. 2010 :  12:09:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Osprey
I tried both suggestions for power. No success.
I did the registry thing for keyboard. The registry looks as it should, but the keyboard SIP-list won't appear.
Thanks anyway

C710, Wince .Net 4.2 Core
ROM Version R37F.3.112.1201
Sandisk Ultra II 2GB
Go to Top of Page

Big Burgo

Australia
7 Posts

Posted - 01 sept. 2010 :  12:45:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Osprey,
I've tried all your suggestions but nothing seems to work.
The version of Igo is exactly the same on both sd cards.
What I did do though, is renamed the mioautorun folder then rebooted, I then started CEdesktop by renaming it to mobilenavigator.exe and clicking on the navigation icon on the normal GPS menu. I used the Windows run command to start IGO from the Start Menu. IGO started normally and found the GPS receiver straight away. So then I closed IGO and renamed mioautorun back to normal. As soon as I did that, Miopocket started by itself. So I opened "GPS Utilities" and run a port scan, it found the GPS receiver in a couple of seconds.
I thought, OK then, I'll give you a soft-reboot, Sure enough, back to square one with no visible GPS device.
It's got to be some setting in Miopocket or something blocking Miopocket from finding the GPS receiver.
It wouldn't have anything to do with the original shell menu ??? Turning it off with task manager from within MioPocket doesn't fix the situation either.
Any more ideas????
Regards, Dave.

Laser Navig8r L-43
Samsung ARM920T-S3C244A
64 MB Ram
WinCe 5.00
MioPocket 4.0 V62
Kingston 2G SDMMC
Go to Top of Page

rickgtx

USA
257 Posts

Posted - 01 sept. 2010 :  14:08:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Osprey, Thanks for Unlock.mscr -- it fixed the SDMMC2 problem.

Another nit: When I select "Close MioPocket" from the ***Power Options*** menu, some processes remain: MortScript.exe, PowerButton.exe, and WisBar.exe. WisBar.exe covers my WinCE taskbar and does not respond to touch sometimes.
Go to Top of Page

John Dough

Andorra
397 Posts

Posted - 01 sept. 2010 :  16:49:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok Osprey I will test each one and report back.

Mio V505TV CE 6 16gb microsd card MIO V735TV MP4 R68 16gb sdhccard /MIO C710 4gb sd card MP4 R68 Igo83tts Miomap V3.3ttsVexia 2 android
Go to Top of Page

Osprey

USA
2764 Posts

Posted - 02 sept. 2010 :  04:43:58  Show Profile  Visit Osprey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
KhaKev,
I wish that I had a new idea for you to test, but I'm out. I can't duplicate the problem and I've never seen or even heard of it with with any CE app, let alone Nitrogen. Well, ok, one idea might be to download the official version, but there's a reason why TroNik had to re-compile it for our devices, so it may not work. Beyond that, you might try reading the official thread, but the author stopped development a year ago, so your only hope is that someone else had your problem and found a solution (though only users with Windows Mobile will be in that thread and your problem may be applicable only for CE Core devices).

wayway,
SD installation should be for you exactly as it was in R59. Check that you did everything exactly the same. As for SDfree installation, the MioAutoRun and Media folders must be in the root of the drive; they shouldn't not be in any folder.

bsweeny,
Try making a copy of MioAutoRun\System\CE4\aygshell.dll and renaming it to aygshel3.dll (note: you're changing the last 'l' to a '3', not adding a '3'). If that doesn't help, try copying MioAutoRun\CE5\aygshel2.dll (note: you're copying the one in the CE5 folder, not the CE4 folder) to the MioAutoRun\System\CE4 and renaming it to aygshel3.dll.
P.S. You don't need to quote my whole post. You can select and delete all of the comments to other people that are not relevant to what you're replying to.
P.S. Your signature says CE 4.3, but there's no such version. I think that you mean 4.2.

Janne,
Ok, so maybe the problem is in Initialize.mscr or Unlock.mscr. Copy R59's Initialize.mscr to R62, then open it in a text editor, perform a "Replace" operation on the whole file to replace "SysInfo-Start" (no quotes) with "ShellStart" and soft reset. If that doesn't change anything, copy R59's Unlock.mscr, perform the same "Replace" operation and re-install (since Unlock.mscr is processed only during installation). BTW, you should also check the keyboard after each file, just in case one of them is responsible for that problem, too.

Big_Burgo,
You didn't mention whether you tried the startupapps.reg suggestion that I gave.

rickgtx,
MortScript.exe is running because of the AlwaysRunning.mscr script. I don't know why it's not killed when closing MioPocket. I guess that it just didn't cross my mind. Thanks for pointing that out. As for PowerButton.exe, that's meant to continue running because people still need and expect their hardware power button to behave the same when the shell is closed. As for WisBar.exe, first, realize that the default skin makes the start menu button look larger than it is, so the right half of it won't respond to touch. You need to press the left side, where the button actually is underneath the graphic. If that's not the problem or you'd prefer no taskbar skin, go into MioPocket Settings -> Skin -> Taskbar Skin and disable taskbar skinning.

Edited by - Osprey on 02 sept. 2010 07:37:11
Go to Top of Page

bsweeny

USA
159 Posts

Posted - 02 sept. 2010 :  06:16:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Osprey, thank you for the advise but moving and renaming the ce5 to ce4 just locked up Miopocket at the loading screen. what did I do wrong going to recopy files from computer

Edited by - bsweeny on 02 sept. 2010 06:45:25
Go to Top of Page

Osprey

USA
2764 Posts

Posted - 02 sept. 2010 :  07:50:47  Show Profile  Visit Osprey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
bsweeny,
Sorry. I thought that I included a replacement aygshel2.dll in FlashFix.zip. First, make sure that you've applied the FlashFix files. Then, unzip this zip to MioAutoRun\System\CE4. Try Flash right after that. If that doesn't work, rename aygshel3.dll to something else (like aygshel3_backup.dll), make a copy of aygshel2.dll and rename that to aygshel3.dll. If that doesn't work, delete that aygshel3.dll, make a copy of aygshell.dll and rename that to aygshel3.dll. FYI, the Flash executable in FlashFix.zip is set to use aygshel3.dll; that's why we're copying and renaming the other two files to that to test it.

Edited by - Osprey on 02 sept. 2010 07:52:50
Go to Top of Page

wayway

Malaysia
5 Posts

Posted - 02 sept. 2010 :  08:51:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Osprey,

I did exactly the same as it was in R59. That is, unzip Miopocket R62 to my computer, then copy the MioAutoRun and Media folders to the root of my SD card (note: up to this step i can view the copied folders in my SD card thru file manager). Then i copied MioAutoRun.exe, MioAutoRun.mscr and MortScript.exe to the root of my SD card, then create in the same place a shell.ini with the path to MioAutoRun.exe. After i have done all that, I can't view any files in my SD card via file manager. But the files are all there and I can view them all if i connect the device to my computer using USB cable. Strange huh?

wayway,
SD installation should be for you exactly as it was in R59. Check that you did everything exactly the same. As for SDfree installation, the MioAutoRun and Media folders must be in the root of the drive; they shouldn't not be in any folder.

Go to Top of Page

Big Burgo

Australia
7 Posts

Posted - 02 sept. 2010 :  09:39:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Osprey, yeah I did the startupapps.reg thing but it still didn't make any difference.

Laser Navig8r L-43
Samsung ARM920T-S3C244A
64 MB Ram
WinCe 5.00
MioPocket 4.0 V62
Kingston 2G SDMMC
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 190 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1,44 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05