Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2250

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 Mio AIO Forums - www.mionav.com
 MioPocket 4.0 (Unlock for GPS devices)
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 190

knight44

Australia
17 Posts

Posted - 31 mars 2011 :  00:01:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@kbushnz

G'day,

I had similar problems with my MY55 and finally solved them (with Osprey's help). I'm assuming that there is no particular change in the Navman's software (between MY55 and MY60) and that my solution will work for you.

The following was part of a post by me back in September. You'll see that I'm using R63 plus one of the scripts from R61. If you want more info about why, do a search on my user name.

Good luck.

Cheers

Just to be clear, I'm running the Navman program via an icon (the MioMap icon) that I modified the path to read \FlashDisk\Program Files\Navman\SmartST_CE\SmartST_CE.exe. And I'm running R63 with the R61 Initialize.mscr - I don't have R62.

I haven't done anything about the Task Manager - I just use the other one (iTask).

The close button ("X") is present when running Navman and works, but the blue triangle isn't present. The blue triangle is present when running Ozi but doesn't work. The close button is not present. I use Ozi's own close button.

quote:
Originally posted by kbushnz

@ jwoegerbauer

quote:
Originally posted by jwoegerbauer

@kbushnz
[quote]
How do you manage to get N40i's default navigation app started? Please explain the actions / steps. Did you this according MioPocket's README file - section 4.1 - especially did you create a specific launcher script, too? What do you explicitly mean with "Mio screen"?

The N40i was unlocked to CE and is not running Miopocket... (http://navmanunlocked.wikispaces.com/Unlock)

Sorry if I didn't make my question clear. I have edited the file paths for the icons / shortcuts and when I try to run the Navman Smart St software the My60T original Nav software just flashes and MioPocket returns.

Thankyou for your quick reply.

Navman MY55T, Windows CE5.0, MioPocket V4, R63 on SDHC card
Go to Top of Page

porcupinelmf

USA
13 Posts

Posted - 31 mars 2011 :  19:07:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i cant find the answer, so can someone please tell me:

even its unlock, besides gps, i can only use it offline? as in can I dL yahoo instant messenger, use IE or firefox with this?

does it recognize hotspot / wifi?

what about MKV movie files... can I download additional codecs and how?

Edited by - porcupinelmf on 31 mars 2011 19:41:18
Go to Top of Page

jwoegerbauer

1864 Posts

Posted - 31 mars 2011 :  19:54:09  Show Profile  Visit jwoegerbauer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
@porcupinelmf,
quote:

i cant find the answer ...

1) Have you ever read MioPocket's README file section 3.8 WiFi SDIO cards ? As Osprey implicitly suggested: If you use another type of WiFi SDIO card, you should consider to create a new topic here at GpsPasSion, because this current thread is MioPocket (skin) related - here a discussion about setting up WiFi SDIO cards is heavy OFF-TOPIC.
2) Have you ever read MioPocket's README file section 6.0 Appendix ? The applications that come with MioPocket 4.0 all are listet there. Because IE or FireFox (both are Win32 desktop PC applications, not intended to be run at GPS devices) aren't among those listet, those browsers definitly don't come with MioPocket 4.0, but others, working well, thus you can go on-line.

IMO, you should be banned for asking such questions here ...
Go to Top of Page

porcupinelmf

USA
13 Posts

Posted - 31 mars 2011 :  19:56:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@jwoegerbauer

you don't have to be so mean... i registered just to ask some simple question... as you can see I'm juz a newb.

but thanx.
Go to Top of Page

jwoegerbauer

1864 Posts

Posted - 31 mars 2011 :  20:11:58  Show Profile  Visit jwoegerbauer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
@porcupinelmf,

1) What do you think is a README file made for? IMO, a straight beginner should study this nevertheless first.
2) By definition TCPMP Media Player that comes with MioPocket should be able to play matroska (.MKV) files, but I've never tried out this.

Edited by - jwoegerbauer on 31 mars 2011 20:20:09
Go to Top of Page

kbushnz

New Zealand
4 Posts

Posted - 01 avr. 2011 :  05:14:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@knight44

Thanks for the info... Spent the day trying to sort it out...but gave up.
Have found another app.
It is for the My50T and works fine for my requirements. (Stripped down )
http://rapidshare.com/files/329240754/NavMan.MY50T.Unlocker.rar

Thankyou jwoegerbauer for your help....

quote:
Originally posted by knight44

@kbushnz

I had similar problems with my MY55 and finally solved them (with Osprey's help). I'm assuming that there is no particular change in the Navman's software (between MY55 and MY60) and that my solution will work for you.

Calvin
New Zealand
Navman N40i and MY60T
running Oziexplorer CE
Go to Top of Page

globe2smart

1 Posts

Posted - 02 avr. 2011 :  20:25:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Osprey
EDIT: Also, it sounds like you may have MioAutoRun\Programs\QuickLaunch\QuickLaunch.ini set to WindowClose.mscr (perhaps you tried that at some point). It should be set to NavMinimize.mscr. That should solve the "QuickSuspend could not be found" error.

Hello Osprey. It's my first time joining. I have used your software just recently and I have that same problem where I could not use the "Minimize" button on the far top right of the screen. I followed to check that the Quicklaunch.ini settings and it is indeed set to NavMinimize.mscr. However I still get the Quicksuspend not found error and it refers to WindowClose.mscr.I am using release 60 by the way.
Go to Top of Page

visum

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 02 avr. 2011 :  21:17:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Guys!
Quick question: I am using Miopocket 4 on Insignia NAV-01 and it seems to work fine with only one problem: Some voices would not play through the end of the sentence...
For example it would say "Turn le" instead of "Turn left on next light" or something like that.

I have 4 different voices installed and only one will play the whole directions.

Can you please recommend a quick fix?
Go to Top of Page

jwoegerbauer

1864 Posts

Posted - 02 avr. 2011 :  22:11:48  Show Profile  Visit jwoegerbauer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Why do you believe MioPocket influences navigation application's voice? Did all 3 other voices you have in mind work as expected before MioPocket was installed?
Go to Top of Page

modo

United Kingdom
2 Posts

Posted - 03 avr. 2011 :  03:38:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone, Thanks for all the amazing work.

I have trawled many (many, many!) pages of these forums and still not found the answer to my question so I hope that justifies a post...

My problem is the media player (MioPockets own) which I understand is a version of TCPMP will not load - first the egg timer icon displays and sometimes the screen changes to the standard WinCE screen or it just freezes - eitherway it never loads at all - and the unit requires rebooting (meaning a new install/load of MioPocket) -there is no error message. The problem is the same in MioPocket Mini (which I tried previously. Nitrogen skips when playing music and therefore unsuitable. I understand there may be a GAPI issue (but the list of GAPI drivers doesn't load and just produces a cannot find... something error) eitherway I don't know if there are any GAPI files for my device (a chinese Erising DIN unit)? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Even a suggestion of an alternative media player for music would be good (Windows Media Player has an awful interface and no features so is not at all ideal).
Thanks a lot.

Device: Erising ES758UK 7" In Dash single DIN WINCE 5.0
Running MioPocket 4.0 Rel.68

Edited by - modo on 03 avr. 2011 03:42:10
Go to Top of Page

jwoegerbauer

1864 Posts

Posted - 03 avr. 2011 :  09:25:21  Show Profile  Visit jwoegerbauer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
@modo

1) If the music in your library skips or the audio breaks up when you play it in Nitrogen, there might be a problem with the audio driver installed on your GPS. Typically, this type of problem occurs only toward the end of songs (in the last 20 seconds or so). Note: GAPI (Game API) has nothing to do with music, it's a DirectX replacement.
2) The complete list of devices (free) WinCESoft's GAPI driver should work at, you find at author's website: scroll down to 2 second half of the page. If your device isn't listet there, what I strongly believe, because latest free versions date from 2009-09-28, you can by try and error test if any of the versions provided will work. Sometimes it does.
3) And, the most likely cause is not enough RAM to feed the memory-hungry MediaPlayer applications. You can perhaps verify this by shutting down all other applications except for MediaPlayer. If you try that, use the Task Manager to kill non-essential applications.
4) You could give DivX Mobile Player a try.
Go to Top of Page

lastsaves

1 Posts

Posted - 03 avr. 2011 :  18:35:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,
I am looking to solve some problem I know I had caused myself by installing Mio Pocket 4 (no need to remind me of that!).

I have 5" YF GPS from DealExtreme, SKU.39748
(https://www.dealextreme.com/p/5-0-lcd-windows-ce-5-0-core-468mhz-gps-navigator-with-bluetooth-and-usa-canada-maps-2gb-tf-card-39748).
I installed SD install of MIOPocket 4.0, but after some time, I wanted to revert back to original shell with GPS Menu v2 by Pez.
Now comes my first fault. I didn't backup my registry before installing Mio Pocket and because I installed it on the SD card, I just deleted the Mio Pocket Autorun directory.
Then I did a second fault by deleting the same directory created on Resident Flash (that one with backuped registry made by Mio Pocket at install).

Now, I have Pez's GPS Menu 2 working correctly but I would like to solve few glitches.

1) None of Mio Pocket keyboard is working, nor is Transriber neither Touch Notes. I am able to choose any of them, but it didn't show up on the screen. If I try to run Touch Notes in Total Commander, it says that he is unable to find it of it's components. Beacuse of this, I can't use notepad and any other application which needs keyboard. I suppose the reason is that MioPocket install changed some registry entries, am I right? Could someone help with that?

2) I am thinking of reverting to factory setting, but I wouldn't like risk any other damage so I don't want to formate it via Yformat.fmt. "sku.19609 (and similar) GPS Navigator info" (http://wiki.dealextreme.com/GPS%20info%20%28sku.19609%20and%20similar%29.ashx) states that it is possible to do it via WinCE Control Panel, but the link to the procedure is dead. Does anyone know how to do that? And how much risky is this?

3) My friend have the same GPS as me and he didn't unlock it in any way. It is possible to use it somehow to restore my original settings (eg. copying his Resident Flash, Resident Flash 2 and Windows folder)?

Thanks for any help.
Go to Top of Page

jwoegerbauer

1864 Posts

Posted - 03 avr. 2011 :  19:29:56  Show Profile  Visit jwoegerbauer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
@lastsaves,

Colleague @super in the MioPocket related daughter thread has pointed out utility named mRegEdit that probably may be useful for you, because you only have to edit those entries in your device's hive-based registry, that differ from those existing in your friend's device. Of course you must be able to establish an ActiveSync connection and know how the relevant .hv-file is named (system.hv ???) and where this .hv file is located in your device (\Documents and Settings ???). You surely find this out by querying entries HKLM\init\Bootvars of your friend's device's registry.

Edited by - jwoegerbauer on 03 avr. 2011 19:32:15
Go to Top of Page

visum

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 03 avr. 2011 :  22:01:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jwoegerbauer

@modo

1) If the music in your library skips or the audio breaks up when you play it in Nitrogen, there might be a problem with the audio driver installed on your GPS. Typically, this type of problem occurs only toward the end of songs (in the last 20 seconds or so). Note: GAPI (Game API) has nothing to do with music, it's a DirectX replacement.
2) The complete list of devices (free) WinCESoft's GAPI driver should work at, you find at author's website: scroll down to 2 second half of the page. If your device isn't listet there, what I strongly believe, because latest free versions date from 2009-09-28, you can by try and error test if any of the versions provided will work. Sometimes it does.
3) And, the most likely cause is not enough RAM to feed the memory-hungry MediaPlayer applications. You can perhaps verify this by shutting down all other applications except for MediaPlayer. If you try that, use the Task Manager to kill non-essential applications.
4) You could give DivX Mobile Player a try.

I really think GAPI has a lot to do with my broken voice problem. Unfortunately, I can't find a correct driver for my Insignia NAV-01 device. Can anyone suggest me anything that will work for me please?
Go to Top of Page

bumbum

519 Posts

Posted - 03 avr. 2011 :  23:04:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@ lastsaves
quote:
2) I am thinking of reverting to factory setting, but I wouldn't like risk any other damage

I found that page http://wiki.dealextreme.com/GPS%20info%20%28sku.19609%20and%20similar%29.ashx#To_restore_the_original_menu_2, you linked to, a long time ago, when I owned a similar chinese device like yours. From that page I found this one http://navigo.wikispaces.com/message/view/Widescreen+Navigo/17454215
which was exactly my device (Not yours!). I flashed the firmware new and everything was fine.

So why don't you go behind this proposal

quote:
To erase the registry by formatting:
If you don't have access to Windows CE use this procedure (thanks to morpheus32):

1.Make sure your battery is fully charged and the GPS is plugged in to the power supply
2.Create an empty file called Yformat.fmt
3.Edit this file with a text editor and write the following code inside: 666F726D6174
4.Save this file on an empty SD card.
5.Put the SD card in the GPS and switch it on or reset it
6.A formatting message on the screen should come up. Wait for it to finish formatting.
7.When it is done an error message will appear "No OS on SD found" or similar
8.Switch your unit off.
9.Delete Yformat.fmt from the SD card
10.Copy the firmware files (see the "Updated Firmware" section) to your SD card and put it back in
11.Switch the GPS on and the firmware should be updated

@jwoegerbauer
these links are very interesting for hive based devices

Falk F8, only used for real car Navigation, Miopocket Rel. 5? installed / Becker 7928 test device for car and writing desk, always newest Miopocket version / Medion 4435 only test device on writing desk, always newest Miopocket version / Often others

Edited by - bumbum on 03 avr. 2011 23:07:17
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 190 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1,17 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05