Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2321

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 Mio AIO Forums - www.mionav.com
 MioPocket 4.0 (Unlock for GPS devices)
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 190

jwoegerbauer

1865 Posts

Posted - 28 déc. 2010 :  07:01:06  Show Profile  Visit jwoegerbauer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SandyLake

here is the message i get when i launch igo8: fatal application error/Application iphonetoday.exe has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down. if the problem persist contact program vendor

program iphonetoday.exe
Exception: 0xC0000005
adress : 0001B53C

I've re-posted your problem here, because this is the thread concerning iPhoneToday's development. You should watch whether someone there could give an explanation.
Go to Top of Page

bumbum

519 Posts

Posted - 28 déc. 2010 :  11:40:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

@ IlluminiX

quote:
1) I didn't think that required explanation, but I am happy to elaborate. Yes, the holding of the switch turns it off immediately (so no countdown), and when you turn it back on it takes the same 30+ seconds.

What I want to find out is in which condition your device makes a Hardreset or Softreset and thats in fact important. Try Hard-/Softreset via Power Menu and tell me the difference.

quote:
3) If I slide the button briefly in MP, nothing opens up in Task Manager. This appears to be just a Magellan software phenomenon. But the slide button can be removed from the equation as I've mentioned, and nothing seems to work!

If you look into my signature, you see three different devices I own. For all three it is the same, Power On with Hardware Button is working, Power Off not and I must do it via Power Menu. No problem! Reason: Power Off function is part of my Original Software (Menu.exe/shell.exe), which I don't want to work under Miopocket because of RAM consuming. So it seems it is the same with your device. Seeing your mentioning of countdown timer, there is a little chance that this countdown could be a seperate exe started by Original Software. So please try that.

Falk F8, only used for real car Navigation, Miopocket Rel. 5? installed / Becker 7928 test device for car and writing desk, always newest Miopocket version / Medion 4435 only test device on writing desk, always newest Miopocket version / Often others
Go to Top of Page

jwoegerbauer

1865 Posts

Posted - 28 déc. 2010 :  13:03:08  Show Profile  Visit jwoegerbauer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
@PYROMANTIC,

1) Please tell us what CE version your Navman MY60T is made on. There exists no database one could look up. (Best would be you additionally put this info into your signature, i.e. Navman MY60T, CE ???).
2) Have you installed latest MioPocket version (Rel.68 Dec 6, 2010)? If not, please install this latest version. If the problem then still exists, please feel free to come back here.
Go to Top of Page

PYROMANTIC

Australia
4 Posts

Posted - 28 déc. 2010 :  13:41:49  Show Profile  Visit PYROMANTIC's Homepage  Reply with Quote
@jwoegerbauer:
1) Windows CE 6.00. I managed to get into the control panel app through the initial menu that pops up. Still can't get it to boot into MioPocket though.
2) I did install the latest version, as per my last post. I haven't tried any other versions.

Let me know if you need me to find out anything else.

Edited by - PYROMANTIC on 28 déc. 2010 13:42:41
Go to Top of Page

jwoegerbauer

1865 Posts

Posted - 28 déc. 2010 :  16:39:41  Show Profile  Visit jwoegerbauer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
@PYROMANTIC,

1) To win time, first of all you should consider to restore your device to factory defaults: you simply slide the power switch to the RESET position, then, when your device has turned off, slide the power switch to the ON position.
2) At the first glance it seems your MioPocket installation has failed, for whatever reasons, because the error you reported - I'm really sure - relates to the special versions of both MortScript.exe and toolhelp.dll needed to successfully run MioPocket under CE6. I believe some file copy operations weren't done properly. You should re-install MioPocket using a fresh formatted SD(MMC)-card, but having before completely removed MioPocket from device's internal flash drive, if you installed MioPocket there to (what isn't the recommended installation method, as mentioned in the Readme).

Edited by - jwoegerbauer on 28 déc. 2010 16:42:07
Go to Top of Page

PYROMANTIC

Australia
4 Posts

Posted - 28 déc. 2010 :  22:47:29  Show Profile  Visit PYROMANTIC's Homepage  Reply with Quote
@jwoegerbauer,

I formatted my SD card using the included formatter with the download and reinstalled after resetting the device. I redownloaded MioPocket again to see if anything got corrupted on my last try. Sadly I still get the same error after the installation completes.

I am installing to the SD card, not the internal flash drive. I also tried including the toolhelp.dll file in the folder with Auto.exe and Auto.mscr but that didn't seem to help either.

Thanks so much for your help with this :)
Go to Top of Page

IlluminiX

16 Posts

Posted - 29 déc. 2010 :  02:01:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@bumbum

Soft reset brings the Magellan logo followed by a short delay before the CE desktop loads and then the MP app loads. Hard reset brings upon the Magellan logo followed by the Miopocket menu / Install screen / CE desktop / MP app. This is only when the SD card is in the slot as I have an SD install. If the SD card is not in the slot, I get the Magellan logo, followed by the loading of Navigator.exe starting with a new Magellan logo / Mitac copyright info / Warning / Main Map screen.

I looked all throughout the HDD / App and System directories and all other directories on my Flash drive of the GPS and only could find a handful of Exe's. I ran each one and none of them brought upon the Countdown screen - I went thoroughly through each folder. I opened all ini and text files as well as XML documents containing settings / Startup info. I'd be happy to share those XML files so you can take a look, but I couldn't find anything that stood out. My guess is the Countdown screen is either built into Navigator.exe or is a application extension (dll).

So I don't know. I don't get it - I wish it was easy to just get another Maestro 4700 and test it the same way, but they don't sell them in stores in the US anymore - just mostly through Amazon or other e-tailers. I am hoping there is a kind soul with a 4700 and Miopocket who can share their story with us!

Thanks to you guys for your time and energy in trying to solve this! :)

Mio C230 with broken On/Off switch... Pls help!
Go to Top of Page

professor_jonny

New Zealand
5 Posts

Posted - 29 déc. 2010 :  04:21:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by PYROMANTIC

@jwoegerbauer,

I formatted my SD card using the included formatter with the download and reinstalled after resetting the device. I redownloaded MioPocket again to see if anything got corrupted on my last try. Sadly I still get the same error after the installation completes.

I am installing to the SD card, not the internal flash drive. I also tried including the toolhelp.dll file in the folder with Auto.exe and Auto.mscr but that didn't seem to help either.

Thanks so much for your help with this :)

i have the same unit as yours PYROMANTIC a navman my60t

i deleted all toolhelp.dll files in my unit shdc card except the ones in the windows folders and it boots past that error.

i also found if you updated toolhelp in the windows folder to that of from the miopocket folder it boots up also (the one in the windows folder is a smaller file).

the problem i have is that every time i hard reset it reinstalls (no big issue) but it resets all my gps way points etc from smart_st like i have formatted the user data.

also you cant run smart_st from miopocket more than once as it boots back to miopocket on trying to run it like the application finished.

any one hav a simular issue?

every thing else works brilliantly apart from a dll error but i think i just have to copy them to the windows folder also i did not find it in the miopocket zip file.

navman my 60t
seeker2_500t
n268
Go to Top of Page

professor_jonny

New Zealand
5 Posts

Posted - 29 déc. 2010 :  04:28:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
PYROMANTIC i have since found if i disable the mini bar and keep mio running in the background it allows smart_st to run and task switch correctly.
the only problem i really noticed if you go into the battery power icon it reads say 20 % when the battery is flat but as soon as you plug in the usb it reads 99%

navman my 60t
seeker2_500t
n268

Edited by - professor_jonny on 29 déc. 2010 04:35:48
Go to Top of Page

PYROMANTIC

Australia
4 Posts

Posted - 29 déc. 2010 :  05:07:35  Show Profile  Visit PYROMANTIC's Homepage  Reply with Quote
@professor_jonny:

Deleting the toolhelp.dll from every folder but the windows folder worked a treat! Booted in fine and it seems to be working OK. Haven't tested any of the apps yet but if I hit any major problems I'll be sure to post them here.

Cheers for that!
Go to Top of Page

mr.nonobservant

53 Posts

Posted - 29 déc. 2010 :  06:28:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@All,professor_jonny,PYROMANTIC:
Do you think one of you could write up a guide for your navman
Similar to the one here: http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=138757
I think if everyone did this for each device it would really really help people out....
Maybe some one could make a nice (thread,folder,topic) just for these...

@professor_jonny

As for your userdata resetting have you thought about copying the folder to a back-up directory and restoring it upon restart

the back up could be easily added to RegistryBackup.mscr or AlwaysRunning.mscr
and the restore added to MioAutoRun.mscr or whatever you have renamed it to

something like this:
RegistryBackup.mscr:
DataFolder="\HDD\MyUserData\"#<rename to your directory
BackUpFolder="\SDMMC\MyUserData\"#<rename to your directory and SdCard name
If(DirExists(DataFolder))
Copy(DataFolder\"*.*",BackUpFolder\"*.*",True,True)
EndIf

And then...
MioAutoRun.mscr:
DataFolder="\HDD\MyUserData\"#<rename to your directory
BackUpFolder="\SDMMC\MyUserData\"#<rename to your directory and SdCard name
If(DirExists(BackUpFolder))
Copy(BackUpFolder\"*.*",DataFolder\"*.*",True,True)
EndIf

Now you will have the correct data every time or if you have just a file let me know and ill tweak it for you.
If we had a list for a lot of these userdata folders/files it could be incorporated into MioPocket nicely.

.... Magellan Roadmate 1220
Go to Top of Page

tansoftware

United Arab Emirates
2 Posts

Posted - 29 déc. 2010 :  08:45:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have successfully installed MioPocket v4.0 Rel. 68 as per the instructions and guidelines found on this thread...

Unfortunately, after installing and running MioPocket, I have faced some issues with it's performance and operation:

1. System initialization and graphics animation is extremely slow. Menu sliding animation takes forever. Any other kind of animation is just too slow. Games animation is extremely slow and renders games unplayable. I have to close Miopocket and revert back to WinCE desktop to make it more responsive. I have made sure to close/kill all unwanted processes and free up as much ram as I can, but without any luck.

2. Error in Loading Control Panel Applets. Every time I try to click on any of the applets in the control panel, they open and then automatically close in less than a second, rendering them useless. Clicking again just opens and closes them again. I've tried opening the control panel applets from within MioPocket 4.0 and from WinCE desktop directly but the same always happens.

My device specs are:

- Chinese AIO 2-DIN Two-Din 8 Inch TFT LCD Touch Screen
- Model: HT6818D/DG for Toyota CAMRY
- Link: http://www.hits-cn.com/product/en/productshow.asp?id=261
- Processor: Samsung ARM 400 MHZ
- NandFlash: SACGM2005
- OEM: RizeTech

Would appreciate your help and assistance in resolving my previously mentioned issues.

Awaiting your kind advice.

Best regards,
TAN Software

HT6818DG CAMRY WinCE 5.0
Go to Top of Page

professor_jonny

New Zealand
5 Posts

Posted - 29 déc. 2010 :  09:56:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mr.nonobservant

@All,professor_jonny,PYROMANTIC:
Do you think one of you could write up a guide for your navman
Similar to the one here: http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=138757
I think if everyone did this for each device it would really really help people out....
Maybe some one could make a nice (thread,folder,topic) just for these...

If we had a list for a lot of these userdata folders/files it could be incorporated into MioPocket nicely.

the problem there is is there is no dedicated forum for navman which i believe is the nz branded units of the mio which may make it dificult for any one to find it.

the model i have (my60t or hardware model n268) i believe is the same as the mio 500t or hardware model 268.

i had to rename my autoboot folder to default and change the boot files to auto.exe and auto.mscr and copy the toolhelp.dll from the shdc\mioautorun\system folder into the shdc\mioautorun\windows\system folder to boot into mio pocket or i got a mortscript.exe has failed when it rebooted after instalation.

i also had to gointo the miopocket settings and turn of the mio toolbar to be able to task switch to smart_st

maybe the admin could expand the forum to include navman products?.

there are several appilications that dont work and require dll's copied to there home directory and there are a few which terminate with software faults most of them are games except the piano program and windows media player which runs but fails to play any thing.

the usb mode program in the settings menu fails to work and i have to boot into the standard software to connect in mass storage mode

the model i have does not have wifi a microphone or bluetooth and the standard install and settings for mio pocket worked out of the box after the above fixes.

and the device info :
samsung smdk6443 arm1176jzf-s s5p6433 400mhz 120mb ram win ce6.0 480*272 65535 colours 2gb unformatted onboard flash 1.7gig effective

MioPocket version (Rel.68 Dec 6, 2010) installed to 8gig shdc card

proformance data:

354mips
1.17mflops
178Mbps read 21Mbps write of internal flash
and the storage card i have is 12Mbps read and 350Kbps write

i have since found changing the usb mode kills the userdata and if i dont play with it i dont lose my way points and home and trip settings from having to do hard resets when it locks up.

navman my 60t
seeker2_500t
n268

Edited by - professor_jonny on 29 déc. 2010 10:03:14
Go to Top of Page

jwoegerbauer

1865 Posts

Posted - 29 déc. 2010 :  11:09:26  Show Profile  Visit jwoegerbauer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
OFF-TOPIC
quote:
Originally posted by professor_jonny

[quote]
the problem there is is there is no dedicated forum for navman which i believe is the nz branded units of the mio which may make it dificult for any one to find it.
maybe the admin could expand the forum to include navman products?.

I believe there is no chance to get under the roof of GpsPassion a Navman dedicated forum created: I asked @gpspassion some time ago to create a Medion specific forum, got answer "why not" and then really nothing more happened, even I assured that I'ld moderate such a forum.
One must provide obviously 1000 signatures for such a venture!?

Edited by - jwoegerbauer on 29 déc. 2010 12:27:13
Go to Top of Page

bargy

2 Posts

Posted - 29 déc. 2010 :  20:34:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
PROBLEM during setup - have I bricked my device?? - please Help!

I have a Chinese all-in-one 7'' car GPS.
I have run MIOPocket 4.0 setup, but it got stuck to : "Attempting to reboot device".
I then powered off & on the device, and the result is that the gps menu loads forever & nothing happens. (All other functions work: radio, tv, dvd)

- And the bad thing is that I am not able to access file manager or something similar to repair the registry. I' m guessing it's the registry MIO changes that did the damage.
These devices actually store all registry changes but don't change anything in Win or other folders.

Is there any way to restore the registry? (I have a backup of the old one)

Here's a video of the current situation:
http://goo.gl/MXRZR

POSSIBLE SOLUTION (?) - Please answer if you know.
The menu does not start *maybe* because MIO modified registry instructs for an .exe file to run. Which file could be that? Maybe if I replace & rename it with a file manager could fix the problem (by starting a file manager).
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 190 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1,14 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05