Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 1942

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 Mio AIO Forums - www.mionav.com
 MioPocket 4.0 (Unlock for GPS devices)
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 190

Supremo

USA
2031 Posts

Posted - 24 déc. 2010 :  18:34:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
stugops - iGo maps are not being read either because they're in the wrong format (what program are you trying to "read" them with?) or you you do not have a valid license for the maps (they come up as being "locked"). The latter issue we cannot help you with here, as it would violate copyright issues.

Moderator ... MIO, AIO Forums
Mio C310x,C520, Moov 300, Navigon 2100, Rightway GPS (various)
"Give a man a fish and he eats for a day- Teach a man to fish and he eats for life"
Go to Top of Page

mak247

United Kingdom
1 Posts

Posted - 25 déc. 2010 :  22:30:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi All

I am new to all this Sat Nav modifying and amd having trouble.

I have followed the instructions exactly as the guide says. But once i insert the SD card into the device nothing happens.
I have a Mio Digiwalker 268+ EUROPEAN version. I have never upgraded it, Offical or unoffical. Have been using it since 2006.
I have tried a standard 2gb SD card and a 4GB SDHC card.

Any help in what to do? all i want to do is install other brand maps e.g tomTom.

Thanks in advance

When i do a soft reset it says the following:
268p.r10.3.501.831

Edited by - mak247 on 25 déc. 2010 23:57:45
Go to Top of Page

IlluminiX

16 Posts

Posted - 27 déc. 2010 :  13:50:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey all,

Just got a Maestro 4700 and installed Miopocket v4.0 with no problem. The major issue I am having is that I cannot get my device to go into Standby. I have tried going into Standby via the Power menu, and by just opening PHM's Suspend program from the File Manager, but each time the screen goes black for a second and then comes right back... The Screen Off does in fact turn my screen off but that drains the battery very quickly.

I have tried switching Standby programs, using the Suspend function in WinCE, closing Miopocket and running the PHM program again, installing MP 3.0 and seeing if that makes a difference, removing PowerButton, and installing MP onto the Flash drive (rather than the SD card). Nothing works! I am out of ideas and am pretty sure this is not a Miopocket problem, but I know there are some great minds on this forum that might be able to help.

Does anyone here have a Maestro 4700 and have no trouble getting into Standby? I REALLY would like someone to at least confirm this, so I at least know if my device is defective, or if this is the way all Maestro 4700's will behave. Since I just bought it, I can still exchange it for another if it is just my device with the Standby problem. I can sleep better if I know this is a common thing and I will just have to live with it.

Thank you!

Andrew

Mio C230 with broken On/Off switch... Pls help!
Go to Top of Page

louretano

7 Posts

Posted - 27 déc. 2010 :  15:32:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi at all!I've installed miopocket 4.0 release 68 on mio moov m405.
I've only one problem....Some application works only once (E.g. screen rotate,games like ducks and many others)and MP settings I see only loading menu page....

Can someone help me?I've see is not a problem about Iphone desktop vesion exe.....

Regards, Louretano
Go to Top of Page

louretano

7 Posts

Posted - 27 déc. 2010 :  15:50:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A news, I hope can help.....

I've tried with duck game...If I go on application and I kill proces of mortscript on duck game, I cant start it (only once....
Go to Top of Page

jwoegerbauer

1863 Posts

Posted - 27 déc. 2010 :  16:19:11  Show Profile  Visit jwoegerbauer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by IlluminiX

Hey all,

Just got a Maestro 4700 and installed Miopocket v4.0 with no problem. The major issue I am having is that I cannot get my device to go into Standby.

1) Please tell us what CE version your Magellan Maestro 4700 is made on. (Best would be you additionally put this info into your signature, i.e. Magellan Maestro 4700, CE ???).
2) Also tell us whether you could turn your device into standby-mode before you installed MioPocket 4.0.
3) Do you have noticed that in folder \Programs\TroNik resides file "PowerButton.ini" which contains the lines

; To find the number that corresponds to your hardware button,
; run PowerButtonTest.exe and use your hardware button.
; You should see a message window with a number.
; Write that number here along with the action to take.

Have you already followed this hint?
Go to Top of Page

IlluminiX

16 Posts

Posted - 27 déc. 2010 :  17:54:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the reply, jwoegerbauer!

1) Took your suggestion and put some info in my Signature, but I am on WinCE 5.0 Build 1400.

2) The 4700 has two settings: on and off. There is no idle or standby mode with the regular Magellan software that I am aware of. You move the slider to the left and the Magellan turns on and takes 30+ seconds to reach the Mag. software. If you slide it again briefly, the GPS will do a countdown and then power off so that when you turn it back on, you have to wait the 30+ seconds again. If you hold the slider to the left, the GPS will turn off immediately. So perhaps this explains why I cannot get into Standby via MPv4?

3) Yeah in my research I found this tip about the hardware button, and confirmed that my ID 49157 is set to load the Powerprompt.mscr, which it does. After I move the slider briefly to the left, the Power menu comes up, and I choose Standby. But the device looks like it's about to go to Standby (black screen), but then comes back on.

If anyone with the 4700 could chime in, that would be extremely helpful as well!

Thanks very much!

Go to Top of Page

bumbum

519 Posts

Posted - 27 déc. 2010 :  19:08:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
3) Yeah in my research I found this tip about the hardware button, and confirmed that my ID 49157 is set to load the Powerprompt.mscr, which it does. After I move the slider briefly to the left, the Power menu comes up, and I choose Standby. But the device looks like it's about to go to Standby (black screen), but then comes back on.

@IlluminiX

Have you tried instead of Powerprompt.mscr, PowerOff.mscr?
Or
49157=..\..\Programs\Off.exe

If this is not working, may there are parts of your original Software running in the background and this is fireing on your device all the time, after you suspend. In that case search a few pages back, where I showed a screenshot of taskmanager from my device. Do according what I have written there

Falk F8, only used for real car Navigation, Miopocket Rel. 5? installed / Becker 7928 test device for car and writing desk, always newest Miopocket version / Medion 4435 only test device on writing desk, always newest Miopocket version / Often others
Go to Top of Page

louretano

7 Posts

Posted - 27 déc. 2010 :  19:23:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Please help!

- Mp settings don't work, I see only loading menu screen and after it come back to MP

- Some applications works only once like orientation toogle and duck hunting

Regards, Louretano
Go to Top of Page

IlluminiX

16 Posts

Posted - 27 déc. 2010 :  20:06:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@bumbum

I did try Poweroff.mscr right after I looked in my Powerbutton.ini, because I noticed that was another option, but the same thing happened -- Black screen --> right back ON!

I compared my Task Manager to yours on pg113 (I believe), and I had nothing out of the ordinary running. I also looked at the services running, and found nothing odd, but for fun stopped each one and tried to enter Standby -- Same thing! I thought it might have to do with bluetooth, but I have tested this with and without my phone hooked up, and also with and without the bluetooth apps running (and I disabled the service as mentioned previously). Nothing has worked.

My GPS is otherwise great and has no issues when it comes to the Magellan software or expected functionality. But either this is a limitation with all 4700's or something is wrong with mine. But I really would like to know which, so I can do an exchange within my 30 day window if necessary.

Thanks for the suggestions - I am open to trying almost anything!

Go to Top of Page

jwoegerbauer

1863 Posts

Posted - 27 déc. 2010 :  20:28:57  Show Profile  Visit jwoegerbauer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by louretano

Please help!

- Mp settings don't work, I see only loading menu screen and after it come back to MP

- Some applications works only once like orientation toogle and duck hunting

Regards, Louretano

First of all, it really makes no sense to post 3 times the same within a few hours: if a reader knows an answer, he probably will immediately reply.
Secondly: Have you installed latest MioPocket version (Rel.68 Dec 6, 2010)? If not, please install this latest version.
Go to Top of Page

bumbum

519 Posts

Posted - 27 déc. 2010 :  23:21:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@IlluminiX

quote:
But either this is a limitation with all 4700's or something is wrong with mine.

I don't know for sure, but strongly believe, there's nothing wrong with your device. But I agree it would be helpful to find another 4700 owner.

quote:
The 4700 has two settings: on and off. There is no idle or standby mode with the regular Magellan software that I am aware of. You move the slider to the left and the Magellan turns on and takes 30+ seconds to reach the Mag. software. If you slide it again briefly, the GPS will do a countdown and then power off so that when you turn it back on, you have to wait the 30+ seconds again. If you hold the slider to the left, the GPS will turn off immediately. So perhaps this explains why I cannot get into Standby via MPv4?

1. You wrote move the slider makes a countdown before turning OFF, move it again restarts the Software but needs 30 seconds. You didn't describe what happens after you hold the slider to OFF and switch it On again? Same 30 seconds?

2. What happens, in case of PowerButtonTest.exe, if you hold the slider to the left. Is there a different ID returned?

3. Maybe slide the button is starting an exe (Countdown). Please investigate all exe files in your Windows folder.

4. Check notifications in Taskmanager. Honestly I can't tell you exactly what to look for, but may you can identify something interesting.

Falk F8, only used for real car Navigation, Miopocket Rel. 5? installed / Becker 7928 test device for car and writing desk, always newest Miopocket version / Medion 4435 only test device on writing desk, always newest Miopocket version / Often others
Go to Top of Page

IlluminiX

16 Posts

Posted - 28 déc. 2010 :  00:29:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@bumbum - I hope you are right because I like the 4700's other attributes!

1) I didn't think that required explanation, but I am happy to elaborate. Yes, the holding of the switch turns it off immediately (so no countdown), and when you turn it back on it takes the same 30+ seconds.

2) If you hold the slider to the left in MP4 - the device shuts off and you do not get a chance to see the results of Powerbuttontest. But even if you did, I am not sure how I see why Powerbutton even matters if you just run the different Suspend / Standby / PHM programs directly from the File Manager and they don't work properly. It basically eliminates the need to have to choose Standby from the Power menu which then chooses those programs indirectly.

3) If I slide the button briefly in MP, nothing opens up in Task Manager. This appears to be just a Magellan software phenomenon. But the slide button can be removed from the equation as I've mentioned, and nothing seems to work!

4) I'll keep looking for clues - but what happens when you go to Start -> Suspend? Does that function work properly for you?

Thanks!!!

Go to Top of Page

PYROMANTIC

Australia
4 Posts

Posted - 28 déc. 2010 :  02:32:20  Show Profile  Visit PYROMANTIC's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Guys. I'm trying to install R68 on my Navman MY60T and I'm able to get it to install fine but after rebooting it pops up with the following error:

"Application MortScript.exe encountered a serious error and must shut down"

I've tried most of the solutions I've seen previously in this thread (copying the dll and mortscript) but these had no effect. Looking at the changelog it seems these issues had already been solved by this release. Is there anything else I can try to get this working?

Cheers.
Go to Top of Page

SandyLake

114 Posts

Posted - 28 déc. 2010 :  05:49:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Using R68 on an Ipaq 310. When I try to launch Igo Primo, when Iphone today tries to close itself, it crashed saying "Fatal Application Error". When I exit my GPS program, the OS freezes, unless I click "ok" on the fatal application error window, before the GPS program starts.

here is the message i get when i launch igo8: fatal application error/Application iphonetoday.exe has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down. if the problem persist contact program vendor

program iphonetoday.exe
Exception: 0xC0000005
adress : 0001B53C

Any ideas?

Thank you.

Edited by - SandyLake on 28 déc. 2010 06:16:25
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 190  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,94 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05