Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2275

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 Mio AIO Forums - www.mionav.com
 MioPocket 4.0 (Unlock for GPS devices)
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 190

Muircheartach

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 08 déc. 2010 :  04:06:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Muircheartach

I downloaded v.67 and installed it on a micro SD... however, most of the icons don't run and when clicked, result in an error message telling that either the program does not exist or one of its parts... but I would greatly appreciate any help you could provide to let me know why everything looks like it should run, but doesn't.

Hello again, Osprey!

I downloaded and unzipped v68 and all is well! Sorry I didn't look around very well before I posted my original comments.

Thanks, Robbie

Best cheers!
Go to Top of Page

Osprey

USA
2764 Posts

Posted - 08 déc. 2010 :  09:17:45  Show Profile  Visit Osprey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
sooka,
1. MioPocket Mini was taken from R66, so it wasn't as new. I'm uploading a newer Mini, though, that has R68 files. So, if you'd prefer Mini, you might re-download and try again.
2. The MiniBar in the lower right corner (that hovers over apps) ought to be visible. Make sure that you didn't set one of the icons on the GPS page to launch the Navman menu, since that automatically hides the MiniBar. Use the Device Menu or Device Settings icons, instead, or add a whole new icon.

marc2040,
You're still not describing the basic problem and what's happening (error messages, etc.).

pugglechloe,
Have you tried hard resetting your device (by holding the power button/switch off for up to 10 seconds) and re-installing yet to see if it's repeatable or just a fluke?

Mio C320 (US), R40 firmware, WinCE 5.0 Core, MioPocket 4.0 Release 68
Latest MioPocket: MioPocket 4.0 (Release 68) - Dec 6, 2010 & ReadMe
Go to Top of Page

sooka

New Zealand
10 Posts

Posted - 08 déc. 2010 :  09:26:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
add a whole new icon, pointed it to the file to start navman, i was shocked to see it stay during the loading maps sequence but after it had loaded into the menu part of the navman OS it was there for a second then disappeared....

hmm.. what to do next..

NavMan MY50T / MioPocket 4.0 (r68) 6th Dec 2010
Go to Top of Page

marc2040

Germany
10 Posts

Posted - 08 déc. 2010 :  10:14:28  Show Profile  Visit marc2040's Homepage  Reply with Quote
@ Osprey

Nitrogen - CE 6.0 Problem

I can start the exe and select title.
After that, I cant hear any sound, play and pause buttons do not switch correctly.
Vol + and - are working.
Playbar, elapsed and remaining time are ok.
Other buttons like settings are ok as well.
Sometimes I get an error message (...contact...crash.txt...bla bla...).
When I´m minimizing the app and trying to restart with double click on exe,
only the gray Nitrogen bar comes up.

Cheers

Medion X4545 - CE 6.0

Edited by - marc2040 on 08 déc. 2010 12:05:40
Go to Top of Page

sooka

New Zealand
10 Posts

Posted - 08 déc. 2010 :  10:20:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well i've done a reinstall, and first thing i did was add a new icon - working like a charm now... cheers a bundle.. wish the misses felt the same way lol.

Go to Top of Page

roadmate66

1 Posts

Posted - 09 déc. 2010 :  00:45:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello there, I have an issue with MP, the powerbutton.exe application that takes care of handling the power button behaves like it is pressed by itself, so if powerbutton is pressed manually it gets the action triggered, but after a while the action gets triggered by itself.

I have isolated powerbutton.exe and powerbutton (no MP), and the behaivor is the same.

The unit is a Magellan Maestro 4050. There seems to be an error in the app powerbutton.exe when used in this unit.

Any hint to avoid this extrange behaivor of selftriggering powerbutton.exe?

Thanks for your help.

Edited by - roadmate66 on 09 déc. 2010 00:47:09
Go to Top of Page

mr.nonobservant

52 Posts

Posted - 09 déc. 2010 :  03:56:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by roadmate66

Hello there, I have an issue with MP, the powerbutton.exe application that takes care of handling the power button behaves like it is pressed by itself, so if powerbutton is pressed manually it gets the action triggered, but after a while the action gets triggered by itself.

I have isolated powerbutton.exe and powerbutton (no MP), and the behavior is the same.

The unit is a Magellan Maestro 4050. There seems to be an error in the app powerbutton.exe when used in this unit.

Any hint to avoid this strange behaivor of self triggering powerbutton.exe?

Thanks for your help.

I've had the same thing happen before I never did figure out what was causing it but a wipe and reinstall fixed it.
EDIT:
Be sure you dont delete files necessary for your gps to work
make a backup first
choose Uninstall from the power on menu and choose delete the folder MioAutoRun

.... Magellan Roadmate 1220

Edited by - mr.nonobservant on 09 déc. 2010 04:06:08
Go to Top of Page

sooka

New Zealand
10 Posts

Posted - 09 déc. 2010 :  04:12:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Another small issue :P

Now i cant seem to use the USB mode on the navman, in USB Device - i've set it to mass storage, plug in the USB cable tot he pc and nothing happens...

Go to Top of Page

Osprey

USA
2764 Posts

Posted - 09 déc. 2010 :  08:03:53  Show Profile  Visit Osprey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
sooka,
1. Well, that's good to hear. I was about to tell you that I was out of ideas.
2. Did USB work before you changed the mode in the USB menu? You can try restoring your original USB settings from the menu. Also, do you have a "Moov Mode" option in the menu? If so, try that, since Moovs and Navmans share much of the same software.

marc2040,
You could try browsing to MioAutoRun\Programs\Nitrogen and deleting the config* files and the preset.eql file (leaving just Nitrogen.exe and the subfolders). I believe that the program re-creates those and one of the settings in them might be giving you the problem. If that doesn't help, you might download Nitrogen from HERE, since the one in MioPocket might've been hacked or re-compiled to work on older devices, possibly compromising CE6 compatibility. If that doesn't work, either, Nitrogen may simply not like CE6. In that case, you may need to use one of the other included players.

roadmate66,
Have you tried looking at MioAutoRun\Programs\TroNik\PowerButton.ini and following the instructions to tweak it? If you can't get acceptable behavior, you can simply disable PowerButton via MioPocket Settings.

Mio C320 (US), R40 firmware, WinCE 5.0 Core, MioPocket 4.0 Release 68
Latest MioPocket: MioPocket 4.0 (Release 68) - Dec 6, 2010 & ReadMe

Edited by - Osprey on 09 déc. 2010 08:04:23
Go to Top of Page

sooka

New Zealand
10 Posts

Posted - 09 déc. 2010 :  09:57:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok, well i tried moov mode - and it tells me to plug in usb cable, so i do, then it launchs the navman OS and hides all signs of mio-pocket and it still isnt in USB mode...

Go to Top of Page

slash

Romania
2 Posts

Posted - 09 déc. 2010 :  11:55:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Osprey,

I'm totally newbie here. I have a MIO Moov 300.
I tried to install MioPocket on it (on SD) by following ReadMe file bud didn't manage it.
I created 'Default' folder on SD root, copied/renamed files to 'auto...', copied needed folders and rebooted, and after that the menu comes up, I press Run MipPocket, and after that nothing happens. Am I doing something wrong?
Can you help me pls?
Thx

Mio MOOV 300
Go to Top of Page

Juicer

USA
28 Posts

Posted - 09 déc. 2010 :  13:16:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is there a way to disable the screen tap sound without muting all sounds. I thought that I read this was done on the latest version but just installed on my Nextar ME and it is still there (by default?).

Nextar ME
Water invented man as a means of transportation.
Go to Top of Page

jwoegerbauer

1865 Posts

Posted - 09 déc. 2010 :  14:05:27  Show Profile  Visit jwoegerbauer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
@Juicer,

to permanently disable the beep when you plug and unplug the charger or sync cable, disable clicks and taps for key clicks and screen taps, and disable the system Start sound, simply create a .REG-file (NoClicksAndSounds.reg) as following

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER]
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel]
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Volume]
"ChargerConnectSound"=""
"ChargerDisconnectSound"=""
"Mute"=dword:00000001
"Volume"=dword:4294967295
"Screen"=dword:65536
"Key"=dword:65536
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Sounds]
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Sounds\SystemStart]
"Sound"=""

and put it in folder \MioAutoRun\Registry\Custom - and perform a soft-reset.

Go to Top of Page

Juicer

USA
28 Posts

Posted - 09 déc. 2010 :  15:31:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I copy and pasted the above info into notepad and saved as NoClicksAndSounds.reg and put it in folder \MioAutoRun\Registry\Custom - turned unit on and off but still have all sounds startup, click screen etc.
What am I doing wrong?

Nextar ME
Water invented man as a means of transportation.
Go to Top of Page

jwoegerbauer

1865 Posts

Posted - 09 déc. 2010 :  18:36:25  Show Profile  Visit jwoegerbauer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Juicer

What am I doing wrong?

Perhaps you forgot to terminate the last line with a carriage return.
Tip: If corrected, and again copied to \MioAutorun\Registry\Custom, open FileExplorer, and click in it the file NoClicksAndSounds.reg: If you don't get an error, the .REG-file was correctly imported, and things should work as expected after a soft-reset.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 190 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1,77 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05