Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2295

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 Garmin nüvi forums
 CN NT North America 2011.20 Available - 07/2010
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

jsolo213

156 Posts

Posted - 29 juil. 2010 :  05:11:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you want to save the installation data, select advanced and choose computer AND device.

After it's done downloading, but before it's done sending it to the device, save the contents of %temp%\img folder to somewhere else on your computer.
Go to Top of Page

LChisum

USA
124 Posts

Posted - 29 juil. 2010 :  21:44:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How is that temp file usable? Is it an executable?

Larry

GPS progression:
1999 Acura/Alpine in dash. Magellan Map330. StreetPilot Black&White.
StreetPilot ColorMap. StreetPilot 2610. Lowrance IWAY 250C. Nuvi 660. Nuvi 780. Nuvi 2460LMT. Nuvi 40LM. Nuvi 2595LMT
Go to Top of Page

jsolo213

156 Posts

Posted - 30 juil. 2010 :  05:30:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There's a .msi file in there similar to the old distrubution.
Go to Top of Page

danham

USA
7442 Posts

Posted - 31 juil. 2010 :  19:28:03  Show Profile  Visit danham's Homepage  Reply with Quote
UPDATE: Definite routing issues with the new maps. Rode 300 some miles yesterday on my motorcycle and twice, using pre-planned routes created in previous versions of CN NT NA, got sent the wrong way -- wrong in the sense of not following what was pre-planned.

I'm waiting for a rainy day to sit at the keyboard and go through those routes turn by turn and see what happened, but both of the routes that messed up yesterday were definitely working fine prior to the map update.

-dan

- Nüvi forum moderator -
Nüvi 760 in a '14 VW GTI & zumo 660 on a BMW F800 ST
Guide to working with pre-programmed routes: >> details <<
Language Guide / US Topo / 350 & 680 / MacBook & Intel iMac with OS X & Win XP / BaseCamp / Cape Cod, MA

Edited by - danham on 31 juil. 2010 19:30:17
Go to Top of Page

alandb

460 Posts

Posted - 31 juil. 2010 :  20:13:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
danham, I am curious if you did a hard reset on your nuvi after the map update, and did you force a recalculate on the routes? I have had similar issues on my 755T after a map update and was able to resolve it with a hard reset and route recalc.

Alan - nuvi's - 3597LMTHD 855 755T, Oregon 550, Lowrance Endura Sierra
Go to Top of Page

SergZak

USA
1805 Posts

Posted - 31 juil. 2010 :  22:06:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I believe the problem is with map alignment between map updates. When new map updates are released, the positioning of some roads are shifted/corrected while the route points stay the same. You can see this when using MapSource and you switch between different mapset versions.

nüvi 3490LMT, nüvi 3790LMT, nüvi 765T, nüvi 855, nüvi 760, nüvi 750
Go to Top of Page

speedlever

USA
174 Posts

Posted - 01 août 2010 :  12:56:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm curious if a hard reset is normally required after a map update? I hope not, but I did a hard reset anyway this time.

-speedy
Go to Top of Page

alandb

460 Posts

Posted - 01 août 2010 :  17:52:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hard reset is not required as Garmin makes no mention of it in their map install instructions. I have just found that a hard reset is a good idea after any update, including map updates. I have had various problems that seem to get resolved with a hard reset. It only takes 4 or 5 minutes to reenter your preferences and restore the favorites and routes.

Alan - nuvi's - 3597LMTHD 855 755T, Oregon 550, Lowrance Endura Sierra
Go to Top of Page

dwillens

USA
128 Posts

Posted - 01 août 2010 :  19:22:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by NanaimoRick

Just talked to Garmin support. There is a problem with the 2010.20 map update that affects all 37xx Nuvi models.
The result is that no map update is available for these units today.

Garmin is working on a patch, which should be available in a day or so that will allow owners of the 37xx units to download the 2011.20 map update.

Has anyone yet updated their 37xx to 2011.20? I registered mine last week and I have tried both dashboard and webupdater and it says that there are no maps available. Aren't I supposed to get one free update within 60 days? I don't know if this is part of the original issue on the 37xx or whether this is related to the problems posted here and there where updates aren't properly shown.

ps if you hard reset after an update, doesn't that wipe out all of your hard-earned "learned" data on speeds, routes, etc? why would you want to do that?

Edited by - dwillens on 01 août 2010 19:24:09
Go to Top of Page

SergZak

USA
1805 Posts

Posted - 01 août 2010 :  19:45:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dwillens

Has anyone yet updated their 37xx to 2011.20?

If you're eligible or a map update is available for your unit, WebUpdater will not tell you as it's meant only for updating unit software (firmware) and voices, help files and other system related updates.

myDashboard or myGarmin will tell you if you have a map update available to you.

You'll only get a free map update if one is available that is *newer* than the map currently on your unit. That being said, even though there has been a new map update v2011.20 for most nuvis, the 37xx map update has been delayed as was already previously mentioned in this topic (second post on the first page by NanaimoRick).

nüvi 3490LMT, nüvi 3790LMT, nüvi 765T, nüvi 855, nüvi 760, nüvi 750

Edited by - SergZak on 01 août 2010 20:01:07
Go to Top of Page

speedlever

USA
174 Posts

Posted - 01 août 2010 :  19:52:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by alandb

Hard reset is not required as Garmin makes no mention of it in their map install instructions. I have just found that a hard reset is a good idea after any update, including map updates. I have had various problems that seem to get resolved with a hard reset. It only takes 4 or 5 minutes to reenter your preferences and restore the favorites and routes.

I understand. Guess I need to write my process down so that in 3 months, I'll be able to remember what to do after an update and hard reset.

-speedy
Go to Top of Page

dwillens

USA
128 Posts

Posted - 01 août 2010 :  20:17:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks SergZak. I wasn't clear from the subsequent posts whether Garmin had yet resolved the map update issue on the 37xx, since the original post said that it should be resolved "in a day or so". I will wait until others have successfully updated their 37xx to 2010.20. I have the 2010.10 so I would think that it would give me an update.
Go to Top of Page

NanaimoRick

Canada
7736 Posts

Posted - 01 août 2010 :  20:38:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just got an update e-mail from Garmin late last night (I know - working on a weekend?) which indicates that the problem will be resolved 'shortly' with a firmware update. So yes, as of today you can not update a 37xx with 2011.20 maps.

@dwillens - you will be able to update to 2011.20, for free, once the firmware update is released and you install it on your Nuvi.

Rick James - Nuvi Forum Moderator
Nuvi 350 - Nuvi 760 - Nuvi 1695LM - Nuvi 3790LMT (with ecoRoutes HD) - Nuvi 2460LMT - Nuvi 3597LMTHD (with ecoRoutes HD) also TomTom 540S for side by side comparison >> Here <<
2014 Chevrolet Equinox 2LT AWD

Go to Top of Page

Geof

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 01 août 2010 :  22:50:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, a Garmin email exchange today informed me that the next firmware update will allow us to use the new CN map set and it will also add route importability. The CS rep also told me that my complaint about not being able to use Voice Commands to zoom the map and change from 2D to 3D will be internally forwarded for further consideration.

Geoff

Edited by - Geof on 01 août 2010 22:51:15
Go to Top of Page

dwillens

USA
128 Posts

Posted - 02 août 2010 :  00:42:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@NanaimoRick: thanks

@Geof: I will forward the voice command request to Garmin too...I think the voice commands should allow you to do such things as zoom the map, change 2D to 3D, and also switch back and forth to the trip computer..all common functions...actually I could do it myself but since the touchscreen does not currently always register my presses, it makes it that much tougher
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,5 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05