Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2172

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 Garmin nüvi forums
 What's the camera Icon?
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

VACaver

1 Posts

Posted - 03 mai 2010 :  22:04:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I learned about the hidden track logging feature on my 255W yesterday and now have a question...

Once I activate the logging feature a camera icon pops up in the upper right hand corner. Pressing it results in a shutter sound. I've never seen the camera icon before and have no idea what it's doing when I press it.

Can someone fill me in?

Thanks!

Ads

NanaimoRick

Canada
7698 Posts

Posted - 03 mai 2010 :  23:02:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to our forum VACaver.

Actually the camera icon has nothing to do with turning on the logging feature. That icon indicates that you have turned on the "screenshot" function. When active, every time you press the icon you will hear the "shutter" sound and a bitmap (.bmp) file will be saved to your Nuvi. The file will be a picture of whatever screen you were on when you pressed the icon. The file created is stored in the screenshot folder on the Nuvi. This function is turned on or off through Tools - Settings - Display - Screen Shot.

You don't mention what model of Nuvi you have but the models I have used always turn this feature off when the unit is powered down. Are you saying that the screenshot icon remains on the screen after you turn the device off and then back on again?

Rick James - Nuvi Forum Moderator
Nuvi 350 - Nuvi 760 - Nuvi 1695LM - Nuvi 3790LMT (with ecoRoutes HD) - Nuvi 2460LMT - Nuvi 3597LMTHD (with ecoRoutes HD) also TomTom 540S for side by side comparison >> Here <<
2014 Chevrolet Equinox 2LT AWD

Go to Top of Page

alandb

442 Posts

Posted - 03 mai 2010 :  23:30:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
On the nuvi 7x5 series (maybe others?) if you turn on the hidden track log feature using the "bottom-top-top-bottom" screen presses on the location screen, it turns on the screen shot feature for some reason. You have to go into the Tools-Display menu to turn it off.

Alan - nuvi's - 3597LMTHD 855 755T, Oregon 550, Lowrance Endura Sierra

Edited by - alandb on 03 mai 2010 23:31:33
Go to Top of Page

NanaimoRick

Canada
7698 Posts

Posted - 04 mai 2010 :  00:02:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Interesting. I wish that was the case with the 7x0 and 1xxx as every time I need to take a screen shot the darn things turned off :-)

Rick James - Nuvi Forum Moderator
Nuvi 350 - Nuvi 760 - Nuvi 1695LM - Nuvi 3790LMT (with ecoRoutes HD) - Nuvi 2460LMT - Nuvi 3597LMTHD (with ecoRoutes HD) also TomTom 540S for side by side comparison >> Here <<
2014 Chevrolet Equinox 2LT AWD

Go to Top of Page

squirrelpie

Canada
57 Posts

Posted - 04 mai 2010 :  02:32:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does the same thing on 255W
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,38 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05