Mio AIO Forums - www.mionav.com
 FreeCaddie on Blaupunkt Lucca MP3
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

senegal

1 Posts

Posted - 28 avr. 2010 :  15:28:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've unlocked my old Blaupunkt Lucca using MioPocket and it works and looks really good, even runs the original travel Pilot software.

BUT - how do I install FreeCaddie or similar golf GPS programme and get it up and running. I've tried a number of freeware programmes and always get the same result, nothing. When I select the .exe file nothing happens at all. has anyone any simple fixes in plain english. The exe check routine refers me to MSCOREE.dll which I've found on the unit and copied into the freecaddie file on the sd card.

Any suggestions welcome

Ads

Supremo

USA
2031 Posts

Posted - 29 avr. 2010 :  04:45:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Do a Forum (google at top of each page) search for FreeCaddie, you'll find several tutorial files. There are a few other files needed besides mscoree.dll.

Moderator ... MIO, AIO Forums
Mio C310x,C520, Moov 300, Navigon 2100, Rightway GPS (various)
"Give a man a fish and he eats for a day- Teach a man to fish and he eats for life"

Edited by - Supremo on 29 avr. 2010 04:50:34
Go to Top of Page

ary0004

6 Posts

Posted - 11 oct. 2011 :  20:10:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
how did u unlocked through miopocket??did u changed any file names?? m also having the same unit..
Thnx
Go to Top of Page

Supremo

USA
2031 Posts

Posted - 16 oct. 2011 :  19:01:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's been a while, but I know I never used MioPocket to access FreeCaddie (although I know of no reason why you copuldn't). As the tutorial said, there were several additional files needed for me to use it on my Mio C310x, this may be the case with your device. I used the unlock provided through "C310AUTO" (you can search the details of that in the forum), and did not have to rename files. I did have to add the "dot net" constructs manually, which I believe MioPocket already includes. There is also a program out there that will tell you what dlls you might be missing, I forget the name at the moment.

Another thing you'll want to do is to use one of Tronik's utilities to disable Static Navigation (used for automotive applications).

I seldom use FreeCaddie any more, I've found that a laser rangefinder is much more convenient.

Moderator ... MIO, AIO Forums
Mio C310x,C520, Moov 300, Navigon 2100, Rightway GPS (various)
"Give a man a fish and he eats for a day- Teach a man to fish and he eats for life"
Go to Top of Page

jwoegerbauer

1865 Posts

Posted - 18 oct. 2011 :  09:28:00  Show Profile  Visit jwoegerbauer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ary0004

how did u unlocked through miopocket??did u changed any file names?? m also having the same unit..
Thnx

There exist Blaupunkt TravelPilot

Lucca 3.3 / 3.4 / 3.5 / 3.5 Edition
Lucca 5.2 / 5.3

Each of those uses different folders / files. As long as you don't describe which model you have in mind, you can't be helped.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2017_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,42 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05