Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2264

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 TomTom AIO Forums - www.GOTomTom.com
 [TOPIC] TomTom GO LIVE 1000 and 1005 (Europe)
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

gpspassion

93993 Posts

Posted - 27 avr. 2010 :  16:02:28  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
UPDATED 20101119 : TomTom have just released a statement with some firm dates on the return of missing features on the GO LIVE 1000/1005, see details on page 2.
UPDATED 20101102 : TomTom GO LIVE 1000 and 1005 released as GO 2405/25050TM in North America without LIVE connectivity, see this separate topicfor details.
UPDATED 20100928 : TomTom GO 1000 and 1005 now available in Europe for €299 and €349 respectively. No release date has been made available for North America at this time, more details below.

TomTom GO LIVE 1000 < - > TomTom GO LIVE 1005

UPDATED 20100610 : Preview now available below

First picture of the GO 1000

Live from Amsterdam :
- www.NaviBlog.com
- http://twitter.com/gpspassion

- Ultra bright screen, capacitive, multi-touch
- LIVE services free for 12 months then €50/year
- Magnetic car holder
- Instant route calculation (0.6 seconds for a 2000km trip)
- View of alternative routes
- Contextual menus
- Doesn't use TomTom HOME anymore, updates via a browser and www.tomtom.com

New Navigation Screen :

Discounts and Assistance/Réductions et Assistance (Club GpsPasSion) / Où commencer?

Ads

offthegrid

USA
399 Posts

Posted - 27 avr. 2010 :  22:41:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Did you get any indication that this would make it to the US at some point?
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

93993 Posts

Posted - 28 avr. 2010 :  02:07:57  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes there are plans for the US as they mentioned the interface would be slightly different : it will boot to a "two icon" menu like the START/Ease/Rider v3.

Discounts and Assistance/Réductions et Assistance (Club GpsPasSion) / Où commencer?
Go to Top of Page

offthegrid

USA
399 Posts

Posted - 28 avr. 2010 :  03:49:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yahoo!!!!

You just made my day.
Go to Top of Page

telemike

USA
77 Posts

Posted - 28 avr. 2010 :  15:07:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Video demo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7mNkc7tcWE&translated=1

Engadget info:

http://www.engadget.com/2010/04/27/tomtom-go-live-1000-hands-on/

Edited by - telemike on 28 avr. 2010 15:09:39
Go to Top of Page

offthegrid

USA
399 Posts

Posted - 30 avr. 2010 :  23:56:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is that a 5 inch screen? It seem a bit larger.
Go to Top of Page

Alexo

Canada
160 Posts

Posted - 28 mai 2010 :  18:14:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The engadget article, and especially the comments were lukewarm.
Is there a more current review?
Go to Top of Page

gatorguy

USA
648 Posts

Posted - 29 mai 2010 :  00:48:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Other than the Beta testers who cannot comment, I don't believe that any media outlets or blogs have received review units. Everything I've seen so far was based on the prototype device(s) introduced and demonstrated at a media event back in April. With the launch slated for "this summer" it shouldn't be long before the reviews start pouring in. I'll bet GPSPassion will have one of the earliest posts based on shipping devices.

Garmin 1695 / 760 / 255 / Navigon for Android / Navigon 8100T / Garmin Dakota 10 / Geomate

Edited by - gatorguy on 29 mai 2010 00:51:19
Go to Top of Page

offthegrid

USA
399 Posts

Posted - 11 juin 2010 :  13:08:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Engadget hates the PND model and seems to hate TomTom in general. They were in love with the Dash which stunk though.

quote:
Originally posted by Alexo

The engadget article, and especially the comments were lukewarm.
Is there a more current review?

Looks like a TomTom tv ad. Pretty good : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTlBDI3jeRk&feature=related
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

93993 Posts

Posted - 11 juin 2010 :  13:29:24  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes, let's keep to weighing the pros and cons so that people reading these comments know what to expect when they get the device.

As gatorguy points out there won't be any further "hands on" comments until the GO 1000 ships and unfortunately that won't be before "the summer" as TomTom told us back in April that they delayed the launch that was planned earlier. It's hardly surprising as a lot is new, new sofware, new interaction with the computer (think iPhone).

Based on what I saw in Amsterdam I can't say I was very impressed though, mostly because of the slow response of the interface. It wasn't finalized so that will hopefully change, but the slowing down of TomTom's once zippy interface has been a definite pattern since the x40 came out in 2008 and it got worse with the x50.

Let me share a preview I had yet to post in the ENG forums :

1. THE NEW SOFTWRAE - NAVCORE 10
MAIN MENU

Now only one menu page that is context based
(e.g. : no route -> no cancel route button)

CONFIGURATION MENUS

First page : no more page numbers but a cursor in the bottom

You can now go directly from the last page to the first

NEW QUICK MENUS

Some icons can now be shown separately

But based on their number they can be grouped

NEW "ABOUT" MENUS

Like on the x50s the info has been grouped

New fancy satellite screen but no more signal level unfortunately

2. THE NEW HARDWARE

Brushed metal finish in the back

The new magnetic holder (two magnets at the base and one in the back) with a removable cable, the microSD port is gone
Same connector as on the x40/x50 but the holders are not compatible

COMPARED TO THE GO 950

Mind the fingerpints !

Similar format, a bit larger and thinner

Go to Top of Page

offthegrid

USA
399 Posts

Posted - 24 juil. 2010 :  08:00:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
TomTom has indicated a September release in some news outlets yesterday.
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

93993 Posts

Posted - 24 juil. 2010 :  18:09:04  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks for sharing, summer deadline missed then, not that surprising with the new "iTunes like" approach to update the GPS, i.e. no more direct connection via USB to the GPS, so that must require a lot of testing and fine-tuning...not sure what benefit they will be deriving from it, at least in the short term, and in the meantime Garmin are "wowing" everyone with the superb nuvi 3790T...

Go to Top of Page

dhn

Canada
69 Posts

Posted - 27 juil. 2010 :  00:32:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No more direct connection via USB also means no more proper backups of contents using Explorer, not Home.

While I presume the logic is that everything can be re-loaded from the cloud, I'm still leery of the whole thing as it stands.....

Go to Top of Page

offthegrid

USA
399 Posts

Posted - 05 août 2010 :  14:05:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
From a Reuters story today. A mass rollout in September.

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE66K1QI20100721

TomTom has high hopes of a new open software architecture, which will be available in September in 33 countries in its recently announced GO 1000 LIVE device.
Go to Top of Page

offthegrid

USA
399 Posts

Posted - 19 août 2010 :  01:11:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm hoping they are going to get some demo units out to reviewers soon.
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

93993 Posts

Posted - 29 sept. 2010 :  05:17:14  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote

TomTom GO LIVE 1000 < - > TomTom GO LIVE 1005

UPDATED 20100928 : TomTom GO 1000 and 1005 now available in Europe for €299 and €349 respectively. No release date has been made available for North America at this time.

The "closed" nature of the new platform is confirmed : no direct USB connection to the internal memory, instead it will happen via an online application called MyTomTom, and as a result it is no longer possible to add your own POIs, a major letdown from a company that highlighted this aspect when they launched the first GO in 2004...

In what looks like "damage control" (no ETA given), they have issued a statement that goes like this : "As regarding third party POI and application developers, TomTom wishes to reassure its commitment to support them within this new platform in the future". As the saying goes, promises are good for people who believe in them...This very issue was raised by several of us with two of TomTom's co-founders at the end of April in Amsterdam and were already "reassured", so it seems that if there had been any instructions to get that fixed it would have been done by now...

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,52 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05