Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2243

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 Garmin nüvi forums
 Firmware 4.20 available for 13xx and 14xx Nuvi
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

NanaimoRick

Canada
7715 Posts

Posted - 20 avr. 2010 :  19:20:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
UPDATED 20100601 : NOTE: 4.20 released 06/01/10 - see post below for details.
UPDATED 20100512 : NOTE: 4.10 released 5/12/10 - see rbarrigas' post below for details.
Posted 20100420 - New firmware, version 4.0 is available for the 13xx and 14xx Nuvi models via Webupdater:

Changes made from version 3.90 to 4.00:

* Corrected an issue that can cause the unit to hang on startup. *NOTE: This update will delete the contents of the GPX\GPX folder on the unit, which contains trip log archives.

Although the "archive" file may not be important to you, it's always a good idea to backup your Nuvi prior to a firmware update anyway. Hopefully this update doesn't mess up the GPX folder which contains the current.gpx file (all your favorites etc.) and only deletes the contents of the GPX/GPX folder but just in case - HAVE A BACKUP.

Rick James - Nuvi Forum Moderator
Nuvi 350 - Nuvi 760 - Nuvi 1695LM - Nuvi 3790LMT (with ecoRoutes HD) - Nuvi 2460LMT - Nuvi 3597LMTHD (with ecoRoutes HD) also TomTom 540S for side by side comparison >> Here <<
2014 Chevrolet Equinox 2LT AWD

Edited by - danham on 12 mai 2010 16:09:46

Ads

BabyDoc

USA
220 Posts

Posted - 20 avr. 2010 :  19:45:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rick, thanks for letting us know about this update and backup warnings. It wasn't that long ago that 3.90 came out. I wouldn't have thought to look for an update, so soon.

Hopefully, this update won't mess up the favorites as you worry it might. That would be a real pain for a lot of people who don't do backups. If it does, Garmin is sure to get a lot of complaints. We'll then see see vers 4.10 coming out even more quickly than 4.0 did after 3.90.

Using Garmin Nuvi 1490T - Firmware 3.90
Go to Top of Page

NanaimoRick

Canada
7715 Posts

Posted - 20 avr. 2010 :  21:36:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Actually there have been a number of updates in the past where Garmin has cautioned that "user data" would/could be deleted. Sometimes "user data" would mean just those setting that you put in when you first set up your Nuvi (country, time zone, etc.) but sometimes it also included favorites and the like. This is the first time I have seen them caution against deletion of the "trip log" archives. That's the cyan line you see on the map screen if you haven't "hidden" it and I'm not sure how critical it is to anyone since it overwrites itself after 10000 points are logged anyway, but better to be safe than sorry.

Nuvi 350 - Nuvi 760 - Nuvi 1695LM - Nuvi 3790LMT (with ecoRoutes HD) - Nuvi 2460LMT - Nuvi 3597LMTHD (with ecoRoutes HD) also TomTom 540S for side by side comparison >> Here <<

Go to Top of Page

navxguy

133 Posts

Posted - 20 avr. 2010 :  22:13:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
nice to see a release for the bootup freeze issue ... hope this gets released for 1690 too
Go to Top of Page

BabyDoc

USA
220 Posts

Posted - 21 avr. 2010 :  16:43:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I upgraded the firmware to 4.0 on my 1490T. Everything went smoothly without any issues regarding my favorites. After the upgrade, my free memory increased. I guess that was because the trip archive was deleted.

Go to Top of Page

cacho

4 Posts

Posted - 23 avr. 2010 :  00:22:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
updated to 4.0 on my 1300 and hidden track feature is gone, any info on how to access it again will be greatly appreciated.
Go to Top of Page

darrengsaw

United Kingdom
54 Posts

Posted - 23 avr. 2010 :  12:19:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The tracklog function is still there on my 1310.

Still accessed by the usual hold down the speedo icon for several seconds and press diagnostic logging and hey presto.
Go to Top of Page

NanaimoRick

Canada
7715 Posts

Posted - 23 avr. 2010 :  15:33:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, the logging feature of the 1xxx models is no longer "hidden" but part of the diagnostic screens, accessed via the procedure darrengsaw noted above. One thing to remember is that the logs are filed in the .system directory on the Nuvi. By default that is a hidden, system folder and may not be visible in Windows Explorer unless you have changed the "folder view" options in Windows so that all hidden files are folders are visible, system files are visible and as always, file extensions are NOT hidden.

Go to Top of Page

cacho

4 Posts

Posted - 24 avr. 2010 :  18:01:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
you are correct, found it via the diagnostics screen per darrengsaw instructions :)
Go to Top of Page

bav

Belgium
44 Posts

Posted - 26 avr. 2010 :  09:05:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I upgraded the firmware to 4.0 last week.
Yesterday, i observed a problem, while driving a high way.
All off a sudden, the map was gone. The
Km/h was still displayed and updated though.
This lasts for around 30 km, when i took another way
(on purpose) and when it said "recalculating" it displayed
the map again. I did not touch the gps.

best regards
Go to Top of Page

rbarrigas

Portugal
19 Posts

Posted - 12 mai 2010 :  15:58:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
New Version available: 4.10

http://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=4551

Changes made from version 4.00 to 4.10:

* Added support for the ecoRoute HD accessory.
* Corrected an issue that can cause the unit to turn off and not resume until the power button is held for 10 seconds.
* Corrected an issue that sometimes made it impossible to select a country during an address search.
* Corrected an issue so a via point can now be inserted between the current location and first via point in the 1400 series route planner.
* Corrected several issues with Bluetooth connections.
* Corrected an issue where the unit would ask for the Garmin Lock pin when connected to a computer if the pin was previously entered.
* Corrected traffic on the opposite side of a highway generating traffic warnings.
* Corrected an issue that could cause the Area C warning to not display properly when using Israeli maps.
* Corrected to slightly increase the time before a loss of external power is determined to avoid false external power lost messages.
* Corrected the ecoChallenge score to no longer display in bicycle mode.
* Corrected the unit converter so it will no longer allow multiple decimal points.
* Corrected incorrect handling of percent functions on the calculator.
* Added support for fleet management interface 40 Data Cable for North America

nüvi 1390T / TomTom GO 530
Go to Top of Page

BabyDoc

USA
220 Posts

Posted - 12 mai 2010 :  19:04:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for letting us know about the 4.10 upgrade. It looks like this is a major upgrade, particularly with fixing the issue where the unit powers off and is difficult to restart. While this hasn't happened to me often or recently, it has happened. I am glad Garmin figured out a solution for this.

Go to Top of Page

NanaimoRick

Canada
7715 Posts

Posted - 13 mai 2010 :  05:13:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The last several firmware updates have allowed you to also download and install additional software updates as part of the firmware update (voices and other things). When I downloaded 4.10 I was not given this additional option. After the firmware update was downloaded and successfully installed on the 1490, I ran WebUpdater again and found these 3 additional updates available:

Firmware Update for Bluetooth
# Changes from version 1.70 to version 1.71: Corrected an issue that can cause the Bluetooth chip to become unresponsive

Firmware Update for ecoRoute HD
# Changes from version 2.00 to version 2.10: Improved support for Mercedes vehicles.

ecoRoute HD Error Code Database
No change history was found for this update.

Go to Top of Page

junuvi

Canada
4 Posts

Posted - 15 mai 2010 :  01:32:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,

I upgrade my Garmin nuvi 1490T 4.0 to 4.10 and now it turn off when I click on the agree button! :(
Why?
Is there a reset button? or is possible to download the old version 4.0

thank you to help me.
ju
Go to Top of Page

NanaimoRick

Canada
7715 Posts

Posted - 15 mai 2010 :  01:46:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You should probably do a "reset" of the unit to see if that solves your problem. It often does. Press and hold the bottom right corner of the screen and turn the unit on. Answer "Yes" to the screen that appears and reads "Do you Really want to erase all user data?".

Go to Top of Page

junuvi

Canada
4 Posts

Posted - 15 mai 2010 :  03:21:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by NanaimoRick

You should probably do a "reset" of the unit to see if that solves your problem. It often does. Press and hold the bottom right corner of the screen and turn the unit on. Answer "Yes" to the screen that appears and reads "Do you Really want to erase all user data?".

I don't really want to erase all my user data... but I search a solution. So I try to Press and hold the bottom right corner of the screen and it doesn't work.

Ju
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,5 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05