Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2274

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 Garmin nüvi forums
 [TOPIC] nuvi 37xx - User Reviews - v4.80
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 88

ZX14NINJA

Canada
1010 Posts

Posted - 20 sept. 2011 :  16:45:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by vmax

Hi Guys Long time...no see been out of the loop for awhile and finally my navigon 7200T bit the biscut :( and looking for a new gps and seems the 3790T looks good...BUT Is IT...now is this last years model and should I wait for anything new thats coming out..

Thanks...
John

The replacement, due here any day now, is the 3490 LMT, which is the same platform as the 3790 LMT, using a newer, enhanced GUI with Guidance 3.0 and a few other upgrades. I believe it will be at $399.99...so bit higher than the 3790 LMT, but you will see it drop slightly sometime in 2012. It is supposed have faster POI look-ups as well.
Go to Top of Page

caryrae

USA
588 Posts

Posted - 20 sept. 2011 :  16:55:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have seen a couple websites say Oct 12th as the release date for the 3490lmt. The poi's icons will be shown on the screen again as well and there is the HD traffic with NO ads according to the Garmin website. Also the 3490lmt will have Exit services (tells you approaching services on highway).

Compare the 3790 and 3490 here. https://buy.garmin.com/shop/compare.do?cID=134&compareProduct=97509&compareProduct=87930

Edited by - caryrae on 20 sept. 2011 16:59:25
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

93999 Posts

Posted - 20 sept. 2011 :  17:42:08  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We already have a 3490 vs 3790 comparison topic here : http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=142405 please repost your comments over there and let's keep this one to discuss the 3790 specifically.

Discounts and Assistance/Réductions et Assistance (Club GpsPasSion) / Où commencer?
Go to Top of Page

embalse

7 Posts

Posted - 21 sept. 2011 :  21:38:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was hoping for a camera to be added with the next version. Guess I will have to wait a bit longer...
Go to Top of Page

Shazam1

Canada
8 Posts

Posted - 30 sept. 2011 :  21:59:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Prompted Route Calculation

I have a 3790LMT unit with 2012.20 maps and 4.30 software.

I have been in the habit of using Prompted Route Calculation but recently I have noticed some unexpected results.

After making a selection for the Shortest route to a destination subsequent recalculations by the Nuvi in response to my not following the route precisely cause the Nuvi to recalculate but select arbitrarily the Fastest route option which differs from my desired Shortest route. This happened twice to and from a destination. In both cases following deviations by me from the calculated route caused recalculations and appeared to alter the route calculation method. I had to stop my vehicle, on both occasions, stop the route and reenter my destination and select Shortest after the GPS unexpectedly altered the desired selected route from Shortest to Fastest.

The expected results of recalculations would be to recalculate but maintain the user selected option in this case Shortest and not introduce an undesired route change.

Has anyone else noticed this behaviour? I have sent a query to Garmin support.
Go to Top of Page

halberstadt

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 06 oct. 2011 :  05:25:44  Show Profile  Visit halberstadt's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I generate Custom POI sets, in .csv format and had been using them on a Nuvi 880. On that device, the text in the fourth field (description) for any entry becomes visible on the device after selecting the POI and clicking the "More" button. However, on my newer 3760, there is no "More" button, and I can not find any way to display the text in the fourth field of an entry (Custom POI). For the 37XX series, is the fourth column just disregarded?
Go to Top of Page

Mark Rejhon

Canada
29 Posts

Posted - 08 oct. 2011 :  03:19:48  Show Profile  Visit Mark Rejhon's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello...

I have a nuvi 3760T, which I use with Ecoroute HD.
I love it, but there are two major problems:

- GPS lock speed is horribly slower than it used to in urban canyons. I firmware upgraded to 4.30 (from I believe some version of 2.x) and it seems to have poorer GPS lock. It often takes 5 minutes to lock onto GPS in downtown Toronto on the same routes, where it previously took only 1 minutes. That is cold boot, after a week of storage. That said, I often turn it on in the underground garage and as soon as I drive out, 1 to 2 minute later it locks on. But right now it's taking 5 minutes or so to get a GPS lock! That then makes it faster for me to pull over, lock onto GPS on my BlackBerry and use Google Maps. In an attmept to speed things up, I've tried to refrain from turning on the GPS until out of the parking garage, but it doesn't seem to help.

- The EcorouteHD is making wrong estimates of my gas efficiency on my Hyundai Elantra Touring GLS. It's approximately 3x off. Often, once in a while it says "New vehicle detected" when I have actually never switched vehicles. (This also happened with both the older and newer firmware versions). How do I recalibrate the EcorouteHD to report correct MPG or L/100km information? It's displaying the gauges well and accurately, so it's successfully communicating to my car's engine computer through the EcorouteHD (Bluetooth OBD2 connector) but it says 20L/100km when I'm actually doing about 7L/100km, it appears to be accurately relative (goes up and down as I accelerates and coast) as if it was simply using too high a multiplier for some engine data. If you use an EcorouteHD, How do I recalibrate this?

Edited by - Mark Rejhon on 08 oct. 2011 03:20:58
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

93999 Posts

Posted - 11 oct. 2011 :  09:32:29  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
These could be hardware issues so there's not much you can do at your level to fix them. Longer GPS TTFF but are you finding that the accuracy has dropped too (puts you on the wrong road from time to time?). With its slim form factor and tiny antenna, the 3790T is not the fastest on the block for TTFF, especially compared to what Smartphones do now with live AGPS.

For the EcorouteHD module you could try removing your vehicle (three bar menu top left on the main EcorouteHD page normally).

Discounts and Assistance/Réductions et Assistance (Club GpsPasSion) / Où commencer?
Go to Top of Page

Juggernaut

Canada
87 Posts

Posted - 11 oct. 2011 :  18:27:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by halberstadt

However, on my newer 3760, there is no "More" button, and I can not find any way to display the text in the fourth field of an entry (Custom POI).
Touch the black bubble on the screen. That'll give you the 'more' button info.

nüvi 3790T, 775T
Go to Top of Page

centrino

Canada
39 Posts

Posted - 20 oct. 2011 :  19:52:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The new version 4.50 is here.
I tried to import a road trip from map source and it work fine.
But my 3790 did not could not show the road on the screen...
Did someone have been successful trying this manip.

Edited by - centrino on 20 oct. 2011 19:55:50
Go to Top of Page

NanaimoRick

Canada
7733 Posts

Posted - 20 oct. 2011 :  19:55:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Please see our thread devoted to the 4.50 update for discussion of the route transfer issue:

http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=142955

Rick James - Nuvi Forum Moderator
Nuvi 350 - Nuvi 760 - Nuvi 1695LM - Nuvi 3790LMT (with ecoRoutes HD) - Nuvi 2460LMT - Nuvi 3597LMTHD (with ecoRoutes HD) also TomTom 540S for side by side comparison >> Here <<
2014 Chevrolet Equinox 2LT AWD

Edited by - NanaimoRick on 20 oct. 2011 19:57:08
Go to Top of Page

hobus

Sweden
14 Posts

Posted - 28 janv. 2012 :  10:06:25  Show Profile  Visit hobus's Homepage  Reply with Quote
4.70 Updates, November 17, 2011:

Changes made from version 4.60 to 4.70:

Fixed an error that caused the device to shutdown when using myTrends.
Added support for a new OEM mount.

Changes made from version 4.50 to 4.60:

Fixed an error that sometimes caused map updates to not work properly.

Go to Top of Page

ZX14NINJA

Canada
1010 Posts

Posted - 30 janv. 2012 :  05:08:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Rejhon

Hello...

I have a nuvi 3760T, which I use with Ecoroute HD.
I love it, but there are two major problems:

- GPS lock speed is horribly slower than it used to in urban canyons. I firmware upgraded to 4.30 (from I believe some version of 2.x) and it seems to have poorer GPS lock. It often takes 5 minutes to lock onto GPS in downtown Toronto on the same routes, where it previously took only 1 minutes. That is cold boot, after a week of storage. That said, I often turn it on in the underground garage and as soon as I drive out, 1 to 2 minute later it locks on. But right now it's taking 5 minutes or so to get a GPS lock! That then makes it faster for me to pull over, lock onto GPS on my BlackBerry and use Google Maps. In an attmept to speed things up, I've tried to refrain from turning on the GPS until out of the parking garage, but it doesn't seem to help.

- The EcorouteHD is making wrong estimates of my gas efficiency on my Hyundai Elantra Touring GLS. It's approximately 3x off. Often, once in a while it says "New vehicle detected" when I have actually never switched vehicles. (This also happened with both the older and newer firmware versions). How do I recalibrate the EcorouteHD to report correct MPG or L/100km information? It's displaying the gauges well and accurately, so it's successfully communicating to my car's engine computer through the EcorouteHD (Bluetooth OBD2 connector) but it says 20L/100km when I'm actually doing about 7L/100km, it appears to be accurately relative (goes up and down as I accelerates and coast) as if it was simply using too high a multiplier for some engine data. If you use an EcorouteHD, How do I recalibrate this?

I remember you as a BB forums moderator when I joined years ago Mark...how have you been?
Go to Top of Page

SergZak

USA
1805 Posts

Posted - 30 janv. 2012 :  05:58:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The name Mark Rejhon sounds VERY familiar to me...I just can't place it

EDIT: and it wasn't from Blackberry forums either...probably in the 80's...Commodore 64 or Atari 8-bit, maybe?

nüvi 3490LMT, nüvi 3790LMT, nüvi 765T, nüvi 855, nüvi 760, nüvi 750

Edited by - SergZak on 30 janv. 2012 06:26:00
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

93999 Posts

Posted - 22 mars 2012 :  21:14:22  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thought it had its own topic but I'm not finding it right now, so here goes, v4.80 was released in February : http://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=5063
quote:
Changes made from version 4.70 to 4.80:

Updated to comply with France Safety Camera decree.
Fixed a bug that caused the device to lose turn information while recalculating a route when near a junction.
Fixed a bug that caused the unit to freeze when receiving traffic information from a GTM36 cable.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 88 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 4,03 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05