Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 1940

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 Garmin nüvi forums
 [TOPIC] nuvi 37xx - User Reviews - v4.80
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 88

ZX14NINJA

Canada
1008 Posts

Posted - 16 févr. 2011 :  23:35:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
FYI -- The latest map update today, (2011.40 released on 2/16/2011) now includes the PHOTOREAL JV's for Canada, several thousand more JV's than before and all in PHOTOREAL, including the ones that were regular JV's before the map update. Also, I have noticed that the screen seems to be less bouncy and fickle - and seems to have more debounce in the touch, allowing for more precise screen control. I wonder if that's just me, or they really did something with the touch/release timing, like adding more debounce...but I tried 2 3790 LMT's after an 3.90 OS update and noticed the same thing on both.
Go to Top of Page

fbuccella

13 Posts

Posted - 17 févr. 2011 :  00:25:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My EcoRoute is screwed up after the firmware upgrade. I'm tooling along at a steady 45-50 mph (when the leaf usually reads 97-99) and it's bouncing between 0, 1, and 2. Acceleration and braking seems to make the number jump up to real values but steady speeds are reading single-digit low.
Go to Top of Page

beetle-m

Poland
261 Posts

Posted - 17 févr. 2011 :  08:31:47  Show Profile  Visit beetle-m's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Would you check option: "PROMPTED", please.
I mean Settings->Navigation->Car->nuRoute->Calculation Mode->Prompted

We (Polish "Garniak" forum users) reported some bug when nuvi calculates for:
- Shorter distance
- Less Fuell
Some strange coloured lines are displayed for above option. Looks bad.

Master reset (after upgrading to v3.90) didn't solve mentioned problem.

mariusz
nüvi 3490T (105-01652-00), nüvi 760 (006-B0754-00) & still 250W (006-B0737-00)

Edited by - beetle-m on 17 févr. 2011 08:34:02
Go to Top of Page

JoWhee

Canada
90 Posts

Posted - 17 févr. 2011 :  12:46:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The update hasn't helped with route calculation, if anything it has made it worse. I've had do disable my trends and traffic trends otherwise it takes over 5 minutes to calculate a 100km route. One interesting thing that happened before I deactivated the "trends". I have my map set to display altitude, it started at the usual 50m or so, but when unit bogged down to calculate my route, for some reason my altitude dropped, about 1 meter a second until I reset the GPS, it was reading -154 meters. Good thing my van doesn't have wings.
Go to Top of Page

NanaimoRick

Canada
7636 Posts

Posted - 17 févr. 2011 :  14:59:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by beetle-m

Would you check option: "PROMPTED", please.
I mean Settings->Navigation->Car->nuRoute->Calculation Mode->Prompted

We (Polish "Garniak" forum users) reported some bug when nuvi calculates for:
- Shorter distance
- Less Fuell
Some strange coloured lines are displayed for above option. Looks bad.

Master reset (after upgrading to v3.90) didn't solve mentioned problem.

Yes, the firmware update appears to have messed up the 'prompted' route calculation feature. As you mention it seems to be for the second 2 calculations, shorter distance and less fuel where the 2 colored lines that normally would be displaying the calculated route, just randomly spread out over the map screen.

When this problem happens it literally locks the Nuvi up. Screen taps are either not existent or very sluggish.

Here is what the screen looks like when the problem occurs. This is a route from Phoenix Arizona to Montreal Quebec:

Update - this problem only seems to happen on long route calculations, at least as far as I can tell so far. Haven't found the 'tipping point' yet.

Rick James - Nuvi Forum Moderator
Nuvi 350 - Nuvi 760 - Nuvi 1695LM - Nuvi 3790LMT (with ecoRoutes HD) - Nuvi 2460LMT - Nuvi 3597LMTHD (with ecoRoutes HD) also TomTom 540S for side by side comparison >> Here <<
2014 Chevrolet Equinox 2LT AWD

Edited by - NanaimoRick on 18 févr. 2011 05:59:08
Go to Top of Page

Boyd

USA
1712 Posts

Posted - 17 févr. 2011 :  19:44:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow, that's a mess. I skipped the last update but have applied this one on an impulse. Am thinking about going back to my old version. Here's something else new that I don't like... Whenever my 3790 goes into sleep mode (when I turn off my car), it now always awakes to the "Where To" screen. The old software restored you to the exact same screen you were viewing when it went to sleep and I thought that was a great feature.

Are others seeing this also, or do I just need to do a reset? Wondering if Garmin might have changed this in an attempt to make the software more stable, so that it always starts up from the same place?
Go to Top of Page

NanaimoRick

Canada
7636 Posts

Posted - 17 févr. 2011 :  20:32:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can confirm what your seeing.

But, if you just have the Nuvi in your hand and tap the Power Button to put the device in to sleep mode it still comes back to the exact same screen you were viewing when you double tap it out of sleep mode.

Nuvi 350 - Nuvi 760 - Nuvi 1695LM - Nuvi 3790LMT (with ecoRoutes HD) - Nuvi 2460LMT - Nuvi 3597LMTHD (with ecoRoutes HD) also TomTom 540S for side by side comparison >> Here <<

Go to Top of Page

ZX14NINJA

Canada
1008 Posts

Posted - 18 févr. 2011 :  05:01:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here's another one - and not sure if from the F/W update to 3.90 or the 2011.40 map update. JV's come on at about 1 KM...from the exit/entrance...then most of the time - never again after that. Today, it gave me a JV 1 KM before, and then another one that should have come in say at around .5KM before, but instead, .3 KM after I got off...so I was seeing the JV .3KM after I passed it, but I do know that JV's don't come on at under the 1KM mark anymore, unlike previous OS or map updates.

After a few days of the new F/W update, I can confirm the touch screen ergonomics have indeed changed, for the better, exactly as I described a few posts up. They did a great job on that part of the update anyway! If for no other reason, the update is well worth it simply for the touch screen improvements,

Edited by - ZX14NINJA on 18 févr. 2011 05:03:19
Go to Top of Page

brentrn

USA
27 Posts

Posted - 18 févr. 2011 :  15:09:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Yes, the firmware update appears to have messed up the 'prompted' route calculation feature. As you mention it seems to be for the second 2 calculations, shorter distance and less fuel where the 2 colored lines that normally would be displaying the calculated route, just randomly spread out over the map screen.

When this problem happens it literally locks the Nuvi up. Screen taps are either not existent or very sluggish.

The extra lines are ugly but the route calculation seems to be OK. The bigger problem is the effect on the screen buttons becoming very sluggish.

On the upside it seems that the screen refresh while making turns is faster. I used to see more screen refreshing near the top of the screen when the GPS changed direction.
Go to Top of Page

BAVC10

United Kingdom
204 Posts

Posted - 18 févr. 2011 :  18:13:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ZX14NINJA

I too am seeing a different behaviour for the JCV. It now seems to appear as previously (circa 1 mile - .9m out before turn), stay on and then not display again at all, whereas it used to display near to the exit as well.

I haven't had an instance of displaying once I have driven past the junction though. Map redraw is much better - less "blocky" when retrieving new map tiles in the top quarter of the display
Go to Top of Page

NanaimoRick

Canada
7636 Posts

Posted - 18 févr. 2011 :  22:29:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm wondering if this is new or just something I haven't seen before. We were leaving a restaurant parking lot and since I knew my way home I didn't enter a route but just plugged the Nuvi into the traffic cable and started off. The green bar at the top of the map screen then displayed a line telling me that I was 18 minutes from HOME and that there was no traffic problems:

After driving a short distance, the bar changed to tell me I was 20 minutes from home and still no traffic.

How the 3790 knew which route I was going to take and how fast I was going to drive I don't know, myTrends maybe?. I don't have trafficTrends turned on.

As I drove down my preferred route home the screen changed to show the next cross street in the green bar. I had driven probably 3 blocks and increased speed up to almost the speed limit but I don't know whether this had anything to do with the original 'time to home' display going away or not.

Any one else seen this 'time to home' displayed on their 3790?

Go to Top of Page

JoWhee

Canada
90 Posts

Posted - 18 févr. 2011 :  22:38:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The 20 minutes to home is because you have "my trends" enabled. It usually shows up around 3pm, the time I'm usually heading for home. It will also do it for other frequent destinations. I had been using the GPS for about a month before it started doing this.
I noticed that you are from Canada but your GPS is in miles per hour, where you stateside when you took these screen shots? My 3790 only shows the speed limit in the USA, and will even do it in metric. Hopefully it will also do it in Canada in a later SW version.
Go to Top of Page

Boyd

USA
1712 Posts

Posted - 18 févr. 2011 :  22:59:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rick, I think that's exactly what myTrends is supposed to do.... guess which of your favorites you might be heading for and inform you about traffic an arrival time based on previous behavior. I have turned it off because it just annoys me.

JoWhee, Garmin's maps don't contain any speed limit data for Canada. It's not a firmware issue, it's a map issue.

I think this new firmware is slower at drawing the map. You may not notice with City Navigator, but I use very complex maps that I make myself. I'm finding that the Nuvi can't draw them fast enough at highway speed, and I sometimes end up with a blank screen.

I also see that pressing the View Map button from the main screen sometimes moves in slow motion, such that it "slides" from the menu screen to the map slowly enough that you see half of each screen at a time.

Pretty sure I'm going to roll my firmware back, am just not feeling the love with this version. I will agree however that the screen response feels slightly better.

Edited by - Boyd on 18 févr. 2011 23:01:43
Go to Top of Page

NanaimoRick

Canada
7636 Posts

Posted - 19 févr. 2011 :  00:44:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks guys, myTrends it is then, I'd just never seen it before. From where is showed up I would have past a bunch of Favorites and Recently Found places before I ever got Home, I assume home must be the 'default' selection.

Yes, JoWhee we are in Arizona for the winter so all things are 'non metric' for another couple of months. As Boyd says, the map data doesn't yet contain any Speed Limit data for Canada. Not sure why they think we need 3000+ Photoreal Junction Views and no Speed Limits but maybe one day they will appear.

Go to Top of Page

Boyd

USA
1712 Posts

Posted - 19 févr. 2011 :  01:09:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When I had myTrends active, often it would "suggest" that I go back home when I was only about 3 miles from the house and headed into work (50 miles away). It would keep suggesting that for another 5 miles or more.

Not a bad suggestion actually, but not very practical.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 88 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1,03 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05