Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2275

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 Garmin nüvi forums
 [TOPIC] nuvi 37xx - User Reviews - v4.80
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 88

wadokai

United Kingdom
58 Posts

Posted - 18 sept. 2010 :  13:39:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@alans220:- I live up in cumbria and don't get any traffic icons,Have my antenna vertically on the righthand side of windscreen . so where are you based to get the icons so often ?[ed multiple ?]

cya, have a nice day.
Go to Top of Page

NanaimoRick

Canada
7733 Posts

Posted - 18 sept. 2010 :  14:01:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
UPDATE - It appears that we finally have a commitment from Garmin to support manually created routes on the 37xx models. This appears in their FAQ now:

At this time the nuvi 3700 series does not have the ability to manually receive created routes from MapSource or any third party applications.

Garmin intends to add this functionality into the nuvi 3700 series via a software update sometime in the future. Current plans call for the update to be released in the first quarter of 2011.

Rick James - Nuvi Forum Moderator
Nuvi 350 - Nuvi 760 - Nuvi 1695LM - Nuvi 3790LMT (with ecoRoutes HD) - Nuvi 2460LMT - Nuvi 3597LMTHD (with ecoRoutes HD) also TomTom 540S for side by side comparison >> Here <<
2014 Chevrolet Equinox 2LT AWD

Go to Top of Page

radijator123

Croatia
12 Posts

Posted - 18 sept. 2010 :  14:49:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well it was about time for such a high end product to finally receive this power user feature
Go to Top of Page

Boyd

USA
1725 Posts

Posted - 18 sept. 2010 :  15:36:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Although you may need to wait for 6 months. I wonder if the 23x0 series, which shares a lot with the 37x0, will have mapsource compatibility "out of the box"?
Go to Top of Page

sylvainp

Canada
96 Posts

Posted - 20 sept. 2010 :  04:48:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What ? No update for the Nuvi 37xx until first quarter 2011 ! This GPS is crashing and need a serious bug update to fix some issue.

Randomly crash
intermittent FM traffic reception (loosing signal but a fix is to unplug the power cable and plug it back)
On some roads the GPS just crash & restart everytime I take that road. This is only with the 37xx series.

Come on Garmin stop picking in your nose and get a software update !

Instead of making new Nuvi models with all the features and bug fixes that first should work properly on the 37xx series.

Go to Top of Page

prutskyprutsky

18 Posts

Posted - 20 sept. 2010 :  13:42:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I try to load multiple additional (topo) maps to my 3760T on the micro SD card. When I do this I can't de-select the different maps separately, is this a bug or as designed?
Go to Top of Page

embalse

7 Posts

Posted - 20 sept. 2010 :  14:42:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You can have as many different maps as your sd card will hold. You have to create a folder called "map" on your card then place the maps inside that folder. Make sure that each map file is called something different.
Go to Top of Page

Tito71

Canada
22 Posts

Posted - 20 sept. 2010 :  15:03:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gps: 3760T
on my older 255, I was able to put a custom startup (bootup) screen that says
if found ....
that custom picture I made would appear just before putting your pin number.
Can't find how to do it on the 3760? I guess it's not available no more

Edited by - Tito71 on 20 sept. 2010 15:08:53
Go to Top of Page

NanaimoRick

Canada
7733 Posts

Posted - 20 sept. 2010 :  15:39:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sylvainp

What ? No update for the Nuvi 37xx until first quarter 2011 ! This GPS is crashing and need a serious bug update to fix some issue.

Randomly crash
intermittent FM traffic reception (loosing signal but a fix is to unplug the power cable and plug it back)
On some roads the GPS just crash & restart everytime I take that road. This is only with the 37xx series.

Come on Garmin stop picking in your nose and get a software update !

Instead of making new Nuvi models with all the features and bug fixes that first should work properly on the 37xx series.

Where in my UPDATE post did you read that there wouldn't be an update until the 1st quarter of 2011. Garmin says they will fix the inability to copy a route from Mapsource in the first quarter of 2011. That's all they have said - nothing less or nothing more.

They could issue countless updates to fix other issue before then.

@prutskyprutsky - I had the same issue when I attempted to put multiple topo maps into one gmapsupp.img file. When I separated them and put them all in a folder called MAP as posted above, everything was fine. Just name each .img file with a different name and put them in the MAP folder.

@Tito71 - I have the same situation with the 3790. Although you can name a file as your splash screen, it doesn't appear at boot up.

Rick James - Nuvi Forum Moderator
Nuvi 350 - Nuvi 760 - Nuvi 1695LM - Nuvi 3790LMT (with ecoRoutes HD) - Nuvi 2460LMT - Nuvi 3597LMTHD (with ecoRoutes HD) also TomTom 540S for side by side comparison >> Here <<
2014 Chevrolet Equinox 2LT AWD

Edited by - NanaimoRick on 20 sept. 2010 15:46:01
Go to Top of Page

prutskyprutsky

18 Posts

Posted - 20 sept. 2010 :  19:27:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by embalse

You can have as many different maps as your sd card will hold. You have to create a folder called "map" on your card then place the maps inside that folder. Make sure that each map file is called something different.

Can you give an example? When I use MapSource to install maps it creates a GARMIN directory on my SD card. In it there's a gmapsupp.img. Placing a gmapsup1.img next to it doesn't work.
Go to Top of Page

Boyd

USA
1725 Posts

Posted - 20 sept. 2010 :  20:14:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
prutskyprutsky: Yes, I saw the same issue. If you bundle more than one mapset into a single gmapsupp.img, you cannot individually enable them on the 3790. It's all or nothing - you can only enable/disable all the mapsets within that file as a group. Generally speaking, this is not what you want to do with multiple mapsets.

The fix is straightforward, but might be time consuming. You must only place one mapset into each file if you want to be able to individually enable/disable it.This is what Rick is saying. Let's say you have 3 maps for example - a Texas topo, a map of Belgium and Ibycus Canada. If you combined all of these in Mapsource to a single file then it would not work properly. Instead, first send the Texas topo map BY ITSELF with mapsource. This will create a file named gmapsupp.img on the Nuvi. Using your computer, re-name that file texastopo.img. Now send the map of Belgium using Mapsource, again creating a gmapsupp.img file. Re-name that file belgium.img. Finally, send the Ibycus file and rename it ibycus.img.

Got it?
Go to Top of Page

Harvey

Canada
28 Posts

Posted - 20 sept. 2010 :  20:37:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ZX14NINJA

Question - how many of you have serious issues with the reception on the GTM-35 on the 37xx?

I have noticed the same problem with 3790. The traffic icon is gray for lengthy periods, sometimes as much as 15 minutes at a time. This is much longer than I was accustomed to with the icon on the 1490.

Edited by - Harvey on 20 sept. 2010 20:39:29
Go to Top of Page

prutskyprutsky

18 Posts

Posted - 20 sept. 2010 :  21:31:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@Boyd: you forgot to mention to move the renamed map files from the GARMIN directory to the MAP directory. Thx!
Go to Top of Page

Boyd

USA
1725 Posts

Posted - 20 sept. 2010 :  23:19:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ah - sorry, glad you figured it out. For some reason, I thought that Mapsource actually put them in the \Map directory on the 3790. Curious... are you using the newest version of Mapsource?
Go to Top of Page

prutskyprutsky

18 Posts

Posted - 21 sept. 2010 :  07:53:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes: 6.16.2
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 88 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1,52 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05