Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 1934

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Advanced Topics
 Maps and POIs
 Navteq Maps for Canada
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

MLabo

Canada
20 Posts

Posted - 10 févr. 2010 :  20:23:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In my personal opinion any ads which sugegst or imply that after buying a Nuvi 1390T or 1490T. I one would be able to get the junction guidance, Junction View and speed limits should be considered as totally misleading.

I live in Southwestern Ontario, in a 500k tri-city of Waterloo- Kitchener-Cambridge. It is certainly not a "remote" area of Ontario and it is located on the main Candian highway (Hwy 401) connecting Detroit with Toronto and then the rest of Canada. After the recent map update I can say the following:

(1) There is no lane guidance or Junction View for my area.
(2) There are no spee dlimits shown anywhere where I drive, perhaps, with the exception of the 401.

Does anybody know if Navteq/Garmin have a schedule of updating Canadian maps? I am about to make a decision on our next GPS and find this isue an annoying rip-off. Even if they fix it with the next map realease, I will not be for free...

Ads

cp90macs

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 29 juin 2010 :  06:20:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I understand there is a new map company that is doing Canada! I found them with a search on Google, under "BACKROAD GPS MAP". They produce hardcopy of the provinces, and are now doing them on SD Cards, and or CD's. The first two Provinces are British Columbia, and Alberta, with the other provinces coming out. From there ads and screen shots, they look pretty good. They advertized as being compatable with "GARMIN" units, or with a PC.

http://backroadmapbooks.com/GPS/

Hopefully, they will also do a compatable version that will work with "DELORME". OR, Does sombody here on the forums know of a work around?

Robert Mayo
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,52 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05