Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2251

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 Mio AIO Forums - www.mionav.com
 MioPocket >> Tips & Tricks & Wishlist & More
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 67

Osprey

USA
2764 Posts

Posted - 21 sept. 2010 :  04:54:21  Show Profile  Visit Osprey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
roxanne,
I tried uzard once and couldn't get it to work. Devices older than WM5 are not supported, so it wasn't a surprise.

Mio C320 (US), R40 firmware, WinCE 5.0 Core, MioPocket 4.0 Release 68
Latest MioPocket: MioPocket 4.0 (Release 68) - Dec 6, 2010 & ReadMe
Go to Top of Page

abram

18 Posts

Posted - 22 sept. 2010 :  15:38:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by roxanne

@osprey, many thanks for that syntax ,now wifi is working. The undrv.exe i posted is AMAZING, you can save alot of ram with it by stopping unnecessary drivers and services, and load them back when needed. This happens almost instantly...

roxanne,
would you please share the url where UNDRV is described in detail, where especially the command line parameters are explicitly described? When starting UNDRV that's the usage shown (obviously there are no start / stop options explicitly present):

Osprey,
you should know often mobile devices have a \Windows\Help directory by default, where help-files or links to those (then the help-files reside in \Windows itself) are stored.

Edited by - abram on 22 sept. 2010 15:43:41
Go to Top of Page

jwoegerbauer

1864 Posts

Posted - 23 sept. 2010 :  18:43:34  Show Profile  Visit jwoegerbauer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
@Osprey,

a)

in script "Unlock.mscr" of MioPocket's Rel.65 you can read as following:

#Redirect the My Documents path (away from \My Documents, which is wiped on hard reset)
If(RegKeyExists("HKLM", "System\Explorer\Shell Folders"))
	ShellFoldersKey = "System\Explorer\Shell Folders"
Else
	ShellFoldersKey = "Explorer\Shell Folders"
EndIf
RegWriteString("HKLM", ShellFoldersKey, "My Documents", MyDocuments)
RegWriteString("HKLM", ShellFoldersKey, "FileSyncPath", MyDocuments)  <= ?????
RegWriteString("HKLM", ShellFoldersKey, "Application Data", ApplicationData)

AFAIK, the subkey FileSyncPath by default isn't part of ShellFoldersKey, it's by default part of

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows CE Services]
"NoSubFolderIn"="\\My Documents\\"
"FileSyncPath"="\\My Documents"

That's the reason why I changed in my actual copy of "Unlock.mscr" the code shown above as listet next:

#########################
#Shell Folders

If(IsEmpty(ConfiguringShellFolders))
	ConfiguringShellFolders = "Configuring Shell Folders"
EndIf

#Redirect the My Documents path (away from \My Documents, which is wiped on hard reset)
If(RegKeyExists("HKLM", "System\Explorer\Shell Folders"))
	ShellFoldersKey = "System\Explorer\Shell Folders"
Else
	ShellFoldersKey = "Explorer\Shell Folders"
EndIf
RegWriteString("HKLM", ShellFoldersKey, "My Documents", MyDocuments)
RegWriteString("HKLM", ShellFoldersKey, "Application Data", ApplicationData)

#Redirect the FileSyncPath to (new) My Documents path 
If(RegValueExists("HKLM", "Software\Microsoft\Windows CE Services", "FileSyncPath"))
	If(IsEmpty(ConfiguringCEServices))
		ConfiguringCEServices = "Configuring Windows CE Services"
	EndIf

#Add message to log
	WriteFile(InstallLogFile, "Unlock.mscr: " & ConfiguringCEServices & "...^NL^", TRUE)
	RegWriteString("HKLM", "Software\Microsoft\Windows CE Services", "FileSyncPath", MyDocuments)
	RegWriteString("HKLM", "Software\Microsoft\Windows CE Services", "NoSubFolderIn", MyDocuments & "\")
EndIf

b)

BTW, you also should consider (beginning with the next release) to configure the cab-installer in "Unlock.mscr", as I did it in my actual copy of this script, because any shortcuts placed in the Start Menu (aka Programs), on the Desktop, or in the StartUp folder are wiped clean after each cold-reboot: this allows user to install applications as usual, using <flash> as the destination location.

#CAB Installer

If(IsEmpty(ConfiguringCabInstaller))
	ConfiguringCabInstaller = "Configuring CAB Installer"
EndIf

#Add message to log
WriteFile(InstallLogFile, "Unlock.mscr: " & ConfiguringCabInstaller & "...^NL^", TRUE)

#Create the following three folders inside <flash>\Windows, if they do not already exist there:
#Programs,Desktop,StartUp

FlashDesktopFldr = Drive\SubStr(WindowsDesktop,2)
If(not DirExists(FlashDesktopFldr))
	MkDir(FlashDesktopFldr)
EndIf
RegWriteString("HKLM", ShellFoldersKey, "Desktop", FlashDesktopFldr)

FlashProgramsFldr = Drive\SubStr(WindowsPrograms,2)
If(not DirExists(FlashProgramsFldr))
	MkDir(FlashProgramsFldr)
EndIf
RegWriteString("HKLM", ShellFoldersKey, "Programs", FlashProgramsFldr)

FlashStartupFldr = Drive\SubStr(WindowsStartup,2)
If(not DirExists(FlashStartupFldr))
	MkDir(FlashStartupFldr)
EndIf
RegWriteString("HKLM", ShellFoldersKey, "StartUp", FlashStartupFldr)

#Create the folder \Program Files inside <flash>
ProgramFilesFldr = Drive\SubStr(RegRead("HKLM", ShellFoldersKey, "Program Files"),2)
If(not DirExists(ProgramFilesFldr))
	MkDir(ProgramFilesFldr)
EndIf
RegWriteString("HKLM", ShellFoldersKey, "Program Files", ProgramFilesFldr)

#Now redirect CAB Installer
RegWriteDWord("HKLM", "SOFTWARE\Apps\Microsoft Application Installer", "fAskDest", 0)
RegWriteString("HKLM", "SOFTWARE\Apps\Microsoft Application Installer\Install", "@", Drive)

@All,

My 24x24 \MioAutoRun\Skin\MiniBar\Icons\CloseButton.ico replacement: more Windows-like, IMO.

Edited by - jwoegerbauer on 23 sept. 2010 19:37:24
Go to Top of Page

bumbum

519 Posts

Posted - 23 sept. 2010 :  21:01:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@jwoegerbauer

a clever CAB installer is one of my strongest wish for Miopocket, therefore I like very much, you take care about!

My two cents:

1. Would it be possible to have the options to install cab temporarily, to have no rubbish in Miopocket installation if it doesn't work and if it works to install it permanent?

2. The main problem for all .cab is "No valid WinCe application". In that case you still have to install manually and your clever solution is unfortunately of no value. I already asked a few times, may nobody knows, but again: There must be some trick to eliminate this hurdle, because I often get such programs working after I installed them manually.

Falk F8, only used for real car Navigation, Miopocket Rel. 5? installed / Becker 7928 test device for car and writing desk, always newest Miopocket version / Medion 4435 only test device on writing desk, always newest Miopocket version / Often others
Go to Top of Page

Osprey

USA
2764 Posts

Posted - 24 sept. 2010 :  02:14:17  Show Profile  Visit Osprey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
jwoegerbauer,
Apparently, that trick doesn't work in CE5. The HKLM\SOFTWARE\Apps\Microsoft Application Installer\Install path is ignored.

bumbum,
I think that wceloadext.exe (in MioAutoRun\System, I believe) suppresses errors such as that. Try using that to install .CAB files.

Go to Top of Page

jwoegerbauer

1864 Posts

Posted - 24 sept. 2010 :  07:24:18  Show Profile  Visit jwoegerbauer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bumbum

@jwoegerbauer
1. Would it be possible to have the options to install cab temporarily, to have no rubbish in Miopocket installation if it doesn't work and if it works to install it permanent?

That's my intention too, because I oftenly try out some apps. Hence I above presented my "CAB Installer" addition for "Unlock.mscr". If I'm convinced that an app is worth to be kept, I simply move the temporary installation from <flash>\Windows and <flash>\Program Files to \MioAutoRun\Windows and \MioAutoRun\Programs, of course hereby not forgetting to do path-fixing in the registry before, if necessary.

quote:
Originally posted by Osprey

Everyone,
Here's Release 66.
2. Fixed shell startup prompting about replacing new icons and settings even after the user answered No on a previous startup. Now, a No answer will move the new files to a backup named "New Icons and Settings" under Skin Changer's "Backups and Defaults" menu. Also, restoring any backup will backup the current icons and settings to a backup named "Old Icons and Settings." Finally, the question about replacing icons and settings now makes it more clear to the user that their changes will be lost and points them to the "Backups and Defaults" menu if they should ever want them back.

Well done. My wish for one of the next releases: there should be a "merge" routine for old icons.xml and new icons.xml, automatically removing duplicates, if given.

EDIT:

@Osprey,

I know you currently are occupied with other things, but I won't forget to point out to you that there exists a Win32 tool with which you could put a zipped MioPocket's version into a cab-file (that contains a specific setup.dll), and when copied to device, MioPocket (preserving its folder structure) will be unzipped at the device. Thus the user no longer would have to do this by himself. Read here more. Using this technique, futurely in script Unlock.mscr you could query where MioPocket indeed was installed by simply running Mortscript function SystemPath("ScriptPath") and extract the drive from returned result. As we all know, to a setup.dll also can be added a script to be run after installation, in this case say InstallMioPocket.mscr, that indeed calls default Unlock.mscr.

Edited by - jwoegerbauer on 24 sept. 2010 10:40:08
Go to Top of Page

Osprey

USA
2764 Posts

Posted - 24 sept. 2010 :  11:50:37  Show Profile  Visit Osprey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
jwoegerbauer,
1. I answered you on the "merge" issue a few weeks ago, remember? If not, you should be able to find it a few pages back.
2. I don't see a .cab version of MioPocket solving any issues; instead, only creating a whole bunch of them:
a) It'd require 100MB more disk space, temporarily, since it would have to extract on the drive.
b) The user would still have to copy at least MioAutoRun.exe, MioAutoRun.mscr and MortScript.exe to the device/card.
c) The user would still have to copy any extra files or folders that they want, like the Media folder, files from Extras\Device-Specific Install or anything from the Extras\Patches folder.
d) Because of b) and c) and the need for files to accompany the .cab, there would still need to be a zip that the user would have to unzip (thus nixing the idea that the user is saved that step).
e) The user can't edit the .cab before copying it to the device. Some users need to change things for their specific device or just have their own customizations.
f) MioPocket would almost become "closed source," since the average person isn't going to know how to extract a .cab (say, to rip a component out) and people who might want to create derivitave projects (like AsusPocket) won't know how to create the .cab again even if they could extract it.
g) Users won't be able to easily mix and match components of releases (say, using the Media Player folder from an older release), hurting troubleshooting and users' ability to solve problems on their own.
h) I would have to create a new .cab for each new release.
...and there are likely more. It's not a bad thought, but, when you consider everything, it's just not right for MioPocket. Sorry. BTW, MioPocket has been using SystemPath("ScriptPath") since 2.0 to determine where it's installed. That's why it doesn't matter what the drive name is (Storage Card, SDMMC, My Flash Disk, ResidentFlash, etc.).

Edited by - Osprey on 26 sept. 2010 01:27:58
Go to Top of Page

jwoegerbauer

1864 Posts

Posted - 24 sept. 2010 :  12:06:40  Show Profile  Visit jwoegerbauer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
@Osprey,

OK. Sorry for having stolen some of your valuable time.

Edited by - jwoegerbauer on 24 sept. 2010 12:11:30
Go to Top of Page

Osprey

USA
2764 Posts

Posted - 24 sept. 2010 :  12:23:15  Show Profile  Visit Osprey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
jwoegerbauer,
No problem. If it were that valuable, I wouldn't have typed so much :). I didn't like that it was appearing that I was trouncing your idea, but I also didn't want to disrespect you by disregarding it without giving any reasoning for it. A very thorough response is a high form of respect, remember.

Go to Top of Page

jwoegerbauer

1864 Posts

Posted - 26 sept. 2010 :  13:53:19  Show Profile  Visit jwoegerbauer's Homepage  Reply with Quote

@All,

here you can get a quick and dirty - hence not the fastest - file compare routine (you might find useful, too), I've written to get a printout similar this

Comparing XML files...
File1: C:\icons1.xml
File2: C:\icons2.xml

Testing <screen header="Favorites">
Done testing <screen header="Favorites">
Testing <screen header="GPS">
Done testing <screen header="GPS">
Testing <screen header="Media">
=> Line 31 is not same in both XML files:
<icon name="Media Player" image="Media Player.png" exec="..\..\Scripts\Med
Done testing <screen header="Media">
Testing <screen header="Games">
Done testing <screen header="Games">
Testing <screen header="Office">
Done testing <screen header="Office">
Testing <screen header="Tools">
Done testing <screen header="Tools">
Testing <screen header="Settings">
Done testing <screen header="Settings">

Differences found: 1.

or that

Comparing XML files...
File1: C:\icons1.xml
File2: C:\icons2.xml

Pass One: Comparing File1 with File2...
=> Line 33 of File1 is not found in File2
<icon name="WMP" image="WMP.png" exec="..\..\Scripts\wmplayer.mscr" animation="1" />
=> Line 34 of File1 is not found in File2
<icon name="Custom Media" image="Play.png" exec="..\..\Scripts\CustomMediaPlayer.mscr" anima

Pass Two: Comparing File2 with File1...

Differences found: 2.

mainly to see how my customized iPhoneToday skin's icons.xml possibly differs with iPhoneToday skin's icons.Defaults.xml that comes with a new update of MioPocket 4.0:

Enjoy!

BTW: If you plan to integrate this tool in your iPhoneToday skin, you can use (for the first) this icon:

Go to Top of Page

conte

Italy
27 Posts

Posted - 27 sept. 2010 :  19:35:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Another solitaire game that runs under MioPocket: CANFIELD for the PocketPC. It is freeware, of course. You download it here: http://www.alienrat.com/canfield.html. Rules are included in the zip.
Go to Top of Page

jwoegerbauer

1864 Posts

Posted - 29 sept. 2010 :  13:59:34  Show Profile  Visit jwoegerbauer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
@Osprey,

perhaps that's the case why "Unlock.mscr" doesn't work as expected on some devices:

Excerpt from MortScript manual

9.22.1 Process handling supported? (SupportsProcHandling)
bool = SupportsProcHandling()
Returns TRUE, if process functions like Kill and ProcExists are supported on the device.
This function is thought for PNAs, but is also supported on other devices.
MortScript functions like Kill or ProcExists require a system library (toolhelp.dll), which is not
included on all “stripped down” Windows CE devices
. Thus, if you try to use those functions on a
device without it, it will cause an error message. With this function, you're able to avoid it (e.g. by
using window functions as makeshift) or show your own error message.

Probably it would be a very good idea if running "Unlock.mscr" all first copy toolhelp.dll to \Windows before any other coding is executed.

Edited by - jwoegerbauer on 29 sept. 2010 14:26:48
Go to Top of Page

jwoegerbauer

1864 Posts

Posted - 30 sept. 2010 :  10:02:39  Show Profile  Visit jwoegerbauer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kenstone

quote:
Originally posted by jwoegerbauer
Among other tools there also exists NK.BIN_toolset that my match your needs.

Jwoegerbauer,
Thanks for the pointing the direction. I will try it out soon ;)
EDIT: I just downloaded it to my PNA. Sorry if I ask stupid question. May i know how to execute it? If not mistaken, it should be command lines like Dos. But i cant get the CMD to run, it shows error 'not enough memory...'. Is there any other way i can run the command?

regards,
kenstone

The NK.Bin-Tools all are Win32 applications, you run them at your desktop PC, for example

BINMOD.EXE -i NK.bin -e default.fdf

extracts the registry-file „default.fdf“ from NK.BIN.

BTW:

BINMOD.exe originally is part of "Windows CE Platform Builder". If you have already installed "Windows CE Platform Builder" on your desktop PC, you'll find it here:
<X:>\WINCE500\PUBLIC\COMMON\OAK\BIN\I386

A description of DUMPROM.exe you find here:
http://www.xs4all.nl/~itsme/projects/xda/dumprom.html

HTH

Edited by - jwoegerbauer on 30 sept. 2010 10:23:49
Go to Top of Page

jwoegerbauer

1864 Posts

Posted - 30 sept. 2010 :  11:50:05  Show Profile  Visit jwoegerbauer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bsweeny

last I do not know how to use registry editing software.

you

download freeware CeRegEditor from here and install it to your desktop PC. Doing so you are able to use the normal keyboard, mouse and big - even 21'' PC's monitor.

connect your OmniTech via USB cable with the desktop PC, thus ActiveSync is possible

soft-reset you OmniTech, wait until ActiySync has established the connection

start CeRegEditor, select "Connection", click "Connect", and the contents of the OmniTech's registry will be shown to you.

EDIT:

CeRegEditor's interface is rather simple and it is similar to Windows Explorer look. On the left pane you have hives and keys. You can drill down to sub-keys (similar to sub-folder structure). On the right side you can see registry data for key that is selected on the left pane. This data can be values, configuration data, etc.

Modifying Keys and Registry Data Values

On the left pane of CeRegEditor, is a directory-like structure tree representing subkeys. Once you find the subkey you want to change, highlight it on the left pane, and modify corresponding value on the right pane. But before you go and start changing and tweaking registry values/keys, make sure you know what you are doing. Once the value is changed, there is no going back unless you have created registry back-up.

You can add new values to subkeys by bring up the menu (right click). Select New Value and type in the Name and corresponding value, in Edit Value (or String) window. Similarly, if you want to add new subkey, bring up the menu with right-click (left pane) and select “New Key”. Just type in the key name and press Enter.
To remove a registry key or value, select the appropriate key/value and use “delete” button. Think twice before deleting, since this operation (not always) cannot be un-done.

HTH

Edited by - jwoegerbauer on 30 sept. 2010 15:07:43
Go to Top of Page

kenstone

13 Posts

Posted - 30 sept. 2010 :  11:51:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jwoegerbauer

The NK.Bin-Tools all are Win32 applications, you run them at your desktop PC, for example

BINMOD.EXE -i NK.bin -e default.fdf

extracts the registry-file „default.fdf“ from NK.BIN.

BTW:

BINMOD.exe originally is part of "Windows CE Platform Builder". If you have already installed "Windows CE Platform Builder" on your desktop PC, you'll find it here:
<X:>\WINCE500\PUBLIC\COMMON\OAK\BIN\I386

A description of DUMPROM.exe you find here:
http://www.xs4all.nl/~itsme/projects/xda/dumprom.html

HTH

Hi Jwoegerbauer,

Thanks for spending your valuable time on helping me. Really appreciate that.

I am sorry, I still couldn't understand how to make it work.
I had tried to run it on my desktop and it required the NK.bin as one of the argument (input). However, if I tried that using one of the wince 6.0 bin file that you posted previously, it seems working.

But I would like to extract/get the NK.bin file of my device, if possible So that i could run it using the device emulator. Maybe I misunderstand your suggestion Could you explain more on how to extract the whole image file from our device (to run it offline in device emulator)?

regards,
kenstone

Edited by - kenstone on 30 sept. 2010 11:54:49
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 67 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1,58 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05