Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 1942

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 Mio AIO Forums - www.mionav.com
 MioPocket >> Tips & Tricks & Wishlist & More
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 67

petrutms

49 Posts

Posted - 05 juil. 2010 :  13:39:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
many thanks, i successfully integrated it in my scripts. Thanks !!! Tell me if i`m too pushy, but any idea how to pass entire file path, name and extension as an argument when selecting it for shortcuts ? see above post...
Go to Top of Page

jwoegerbauer

1863 Posts

Posted - 05 juil. 2010 :  18:23:19  Show Profile  Visit jwoegerbauer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
@petrutms,

to ease things you can use freeware utility nOpen that does exactly what you want: I've uploaded it here.
Go to Top of Page

Osprey

USA
2764 Posts

Posted - 06 juil. 2010 :  21:46:27  Show Profile  Visit Osprey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
jwoegerbauer,
I had no idea that Medion devices used an executable named "MainShell.exe." That's a filename used by Mio devices, so the Mio code branch was executed, which included killing the MiniBar. I'll make sure, for Medion devices, that the MiniBar stays running, so that the Medion menu can be exited with that.

petrutms,
I've seen a shorcut creator at the freeware sites, like http://freewareppc.com/

Mio C320 (US), R40 firmware, WinCE 5.0 Core, MioPocket 4.0 Release 68
Latest MioPocket: MioPocket 4.0 (Release 68) - Dec 6, 2010 & ReadMe
Go to Top of Page

petrutms

49 Posts

Posted - 07 juil. 2010 :  15:15:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
nopen doesnt work correctly on my device, no OK button. Also the other programs i tried...
I`ll keeep trying with mortscript to make a simple but working script.
Go to Top of Page

jwoegerbauer

1863 Posts

Posted - 07 juil. 2010 :  16:46:03  Show Profile  Visit jwoegerbauer's Homepage  Reply with Quote

@petrutms,

utility nOpen has 3 buttons: Shortcut, OK and Cancel. I've pointed out to this tool because it really works fine at least at my device. The largest advantage I personally see in using this tool, you can run it as a command-line utility, you can test your entries and if all goes well, save this as a shortcut. BTW: nOpen only depends on AYGSHELL and COREDLL.

I would use "Sub FilesSize" in MioPocket's Unlock.mscr as a template for "how to do something recursively", i.e. search for a file. If you don't have success, let me know it.

Edited by - jwoegerbauer on 07 juil. 2010 16:56:35
Go to Top of Page

Osprey

USA
2764 Posts

Posted - 08 juil. 2010 :  01:22:45  Show Profile  Visit Osprey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
petrutms,
MortScript's SelectFile function returns a full path, so I'm guessing that you're not using that function. You should. Simply use...

filePath = SelectFile("Select File", FALSE, "*.*", "Select a file to create a shortcut to...")

A file browser will be displayed and, once you select a file and press OK, the full path to the file will go into the filePath variable. Next, you could do...

folderPath = SelectDirectory("Select Folder", "Select a folder to create the shortcut in...", FilePath(filePath))

...to have the user select the folder to create the shortcut in, then...

WriteFile(folderPath \ FileBase(filePath) & ".lnk", "1#""" & filePath & """")

That should do it. That'll create a shortcut with the same base name as the file (ex. "FileManCE.lnk" if "FileManCE.exe" was selected). Optionally, you could prompt for the shortcut name by using the "Input" function, like so...

shortcutName = Input("Input the name for the shortcut (do not include .lnk)", "Input shortcut name", FALSE, FALSE, FileBase(filePath))

...then replace "FileBase(filePath)" in the "WriteFile" line above with "shortcutName".

Go to Top of Page

daniHG

60 Posts

Posted - 09 juil. 2010 :  09:49:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ActiveSync Config
is a 58KB freeware tool, I've found here (post #8)
Go to Top of Page

jwoegerbauer

1863 Posts

Posted - 10 juil. 2010 :  12:26:11  Show Profile  Visit jwoegerbauer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
@Osprey,

allow a side remark: in case of Medion devices it's surviving importantly to have ST.exe present, because only so owners of such devices have access to GoPal's internal clean-up utility, as the image shows. Possibly it would be great to add in DeviceMenu.mscr after line

#This script brings the original menu ...

the lines

If(RegValueExists("HKLM","GoPal"))
	#kill all instances of ST.exe
	While(ProcExists("ST.exe"))
		Kill("ST.exe")
		Sleep 500
	EndWhile
	#immediately re-start an instance of ST.exe
	Run("\Windows\ST.exe")
	#ST has no window name
	While(NOT ProcExists("ST.exe"))
		Sleep 500
	EndWhile
	hwnd=ActiveWindow()
	#simulate clicking on "o" in term GoPal to get CLEANUP opened
	MouseClick(hwnd, 325, 138)
	Sleep 250
	#done for now
	Exit
EndIf

Edited by - jwoegerbauer on 10 juil. 2010 12:27:35
Go to Top of Page

bumbum

519 Posts

Posted - 10 juil. 2010 :  12:44:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
do you know of the freeware Win32 application MioMap & iGO BMP Tool? With this tool you can compress/decompress .BMP-files used by Miomap and iGO. Download it here. Compressed files opens correctly. This utility may help to save storage space, if this is a concern.

jwoegerbauer,

link included in this message seems to be dead. Could you please reupp?

Falk F8, only used for real car Navigation, Miopocket Rel. 5? installed / Becker 7928 test device for car and writing desk, always newest Miopocket version / Medion 4435 only test device on writing desk, always newest Miopocket version / Often others
Go to Top of Page

jwoegerbauer

1863 Posts

Posted - 10 juil. 2010 :  12:49:16  Show Profile  Visit jwoegerbauer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
@bumbum,

try http://www.fredlynx.info/util.php?Clef=6&Child=6&NbPage=1&Page=1
Go to Top of Page

bumbum

519 Posts

Posted - 13 juil. 2010 :  20:58:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks jw!

Still on my wish list is Bluetooth on Headset. It seems to be new that IVT offers an Evaluation Version For CE5 http://www.bluesoleil.com/products/Default.aspx?TID=12
Description sounds very promising and there is a very good description to install. It is starting without error message, but I don't see the GUI. Could anybody of you guys have a look and help me?

PS
What does Evaluation mean? Somewhere it was mentioned as free.

Falk F8, only used for real car Navigation, Miopocket Rel. 5? installed / Becker 7928 test device for car and writing desk, always newest Miopocket version / Medion 4435 only test device on writing desk, always newest Miopocket version / Often others

Edited by - bumbum on 13 juil. 2010 21:02:21
Go to Top of Page

jwoegerbauer

1863 Posts

Posted - 14 juil. 2010 :  09:52:44  Show Profile  Visit jwoegerbauer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
@Osprey,

in the last weeks I've totally revamped my copy of MioPocket 3.0 Rel.59. Why? Simply answered: to dramatically decrease MioPocket's RAM hunger. Instead of currently about 3,5 MB only about 1,75 MB - that's the half! What I've done in detail among other things?

1) Restructered MioPocket's folder "Skin" as shown with image at right-hand side.
2) Moved the background-images into the appropriate subfolder "Skin\<resolution>\Backgrounds"
2) Removed from the .ICO-files in MioPocket's folder "Icons" the included file-sizes never used ( and put the settled .ICO-files in the appropriate subfolder ).
3) Created in each subfolder of "Skin\<resolution>\Items\<skin>\<item>" at least the 3 files <item>.exe, <item>.ini and SystemInformation.exe, i.e. copied from MioPocket's folder "Skin\Pages" the .INI-files needed to "Skin\<resolution>\<item>".

It's the last action that dramatically improves MioPocket's RAM usage. EDIT: Of course one have to make excessive use of "QuitOnExecute = yes", if a change in "\Items\<skin>\<item>" takes place:

########################################
#
# NAVBAR BUTTONS/ICONS
#
########################################
#Favorites
BITMAPBUTTON
x = 41
y = 0
NewIni = ..\480x272\Items\Windows7Ultimate\Main\Main.exe
Offset = 0
Width = 58
Height = 32
BitmapNormal = ..\Bitmaps\Windows7Ultimate\Tab-Favorites.bmp
BitmapPushed = ..\Bitmaps\Windows7Ultimate\Tab-Favorites-On.bmp
ShutDownAnimation = NoAnimation
QuitOnExecute = yes

#Navigation
BITMAPBUTTON
x = 99
y = 0
NewIni = ..\480x272\Items\Windows7Ultimate\GPS\GPS.exe
Offset = 0
Width = 58
Height = 32
BitmapNormal = ..\Bitmaps\Windows7Ultimate\Tab-Navigation.bmp
BitmapPushed = ..\Bitmaps\Windows7Ultimate\Tab-Navigation-On.bmp
ShutDownAnimation = NoAnimation
QuitOnExecute = yes

BTW: This restructure has a nice side-effect: in case of doing a SD-free-installation you only have to copy those files to <flashdrive> that accord to the device's screen resolution, and the user can, in case of SD-installation, easily delete all those folders that don't relate to the given screen resolution.

I mean you should think about all this.

TODO:
Sqeezing all the background images, for example with "MioMap & iGO BMP Tool", introduced some posts earlier.

@bumbum,

in general "Evaluation" means with such a copy of the software some features are locked. Only after registration (paying) the software does all that you expect.

Edited by - jwoegerbauer on 14 juil. 2010 19:19:23
Go to Top of Page

Osprey

USA
2764 Posts

Posted - 15 juil. 2010 :  00:58:22  Show Profile  Visit Osprey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
jwoegerbauer,
I'm sorry to hear that you put in so much work on that. I thought that you were aware that the next release was going to use iPhoneToday. SystemInformation and all of its skins will still be available in it, but I'm done working with them because they're too much of a pain, because of the resolution dependence. iPhoneToday is so much simpler because it's totally resolution independent. Anyone who wants to save disk space (especially for SDfree installation) with the next release can simply delete the new "SystemInformation" folder that contains everything related to SystemInformation. In fact, I plan to also release a smaller version of MioPocket that has only iPhoneToday, no SystemInformation.

Regarding RAM usage, I overhauled some scripts to make R60 use less RAM than before when nav apps are running (where you need the RAM the most). It's a savings of at least 1MB of RAM compared to before, which should be good.

petrutms,
I just ran across a program that says that it's for creating shortcuts. I haven't tried it, so don't know if it's right for what you're doing, but take a look if you're interested:
http://www.scottandmichelle.net/scott/cestuff/newshortcut.zip

Edited by - Osprey on 15 juil. 2010 12:00:50
Go to Top of Page

Yasmin

1 Posts

Posted - 15 juil. 2010 :  23:00:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello all,
I recently came across this blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. A lot of this stuff goes over my head. But I will keep visiting this blog very often. And it's nice to be a new part of this very good community!
Go to Top of Page

jwoegerbauer

1863 Posts

Posted - 17 juil. 2010 :  21:18:41  Show Profile  Visit jwoegerbauer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
@Osprey,

you must not have compassion with me. I mainly did the work for me, because my starting point is quite different to yours: I bought my PNA as a navigator, and this should be also further the major task of this device. For me, MioPocket only should be a nice, worthwile add-on.

With my work (I named it GoPalPocket, hope you don't mind this) I fulfilled my vision, that MioPocket equally apart from the bought navigation program Medion GoPal v4.x/ v5.x is implemented at the PNA, that MioPocket is not the dominating factor.

BTW: With "GoPalPocket" I've broken the sometimes obscure conglomerate of programs into 17 categories instead of 4 (herewith "navigation" not counted), namely Backup, Favorites, FileTools, Games, GPS, Graphics, Internet, Multimedia, Network, Office, PIM, Programming, Security, System, Utilities, Web-Utilities, Misc.
And additional I only overtook the best of MioPocket's offer at programs.

@All,

I'm off-home the next 5 weeks, and I don't know whether I ever come back to this thread again. Though being pensioner I accepted a third-party invitement to write (chinese crap) PNA CE 5.0 CORE based "C", "C++" programs that steers cord machines via Bluetooth connection.

Have a nice time.

Edited by - jwoegerbauer on 18 juil. 2010 11:23:12
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 67 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,86 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05