Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2265

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 Mio AIO Forums - www.mionav.com
 MioPocket >> Tips & Tricks & Wishlist & More
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 67

jwoegerbauer

1865 Posts

Posted - 03 juin 2010 :  09:23:28  Show Profile  Visit jwoegerbauer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by M

Recently purchased Igo 8.3 for my non-mio and TTS voice works fine, BUT when I tried to use Igo on the mio c310x it runs ok EXCEPT TTS voice does not work.

Anyone know of some extra file or gotcha setting that I'm missing for the mio which also has miopocket? I can use other voices, but when I choose TTs voice I hear nothing at all for directions.

Lots of people are using TTS voices on 64mb devices (like the Mio C310x). It's just a matter of tweaking a few settings, and disabling a lot memory-hog features like buildings and landmarks. Remove MS Voice Command if running. Additionally try to use a low-memory voice. Here's the download with DLL files, voice files, and TTS files: http://rapidshare.com/files/220655960/iGO8_TTS_US_UK.zip
Go to Top of Page

M

326 Posts

Posted - 03 juin 2010 :  14:07:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Jwoegerbauer.
I was not getting any errors, but would only hear alert tone when voice should speak and then not the actual voice.

I will take a look at what you provided. I assume there is a readme that tells where to put files or do they all go in the voice folder?

Thanxx! (c310x-4GB, MP-v48)
Go to Top of Page

jwoegerbauer

1865 Posts

Posted - 03 juin 2010 :  16:18:30  Show Profile  Visit jwoegerbauer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
@All,
I've uploaded here a supplement to existing contents of \MioAutoRun\System\Extra

18x AYGSHELL.DLL
13x COREDLL.DLL
1x RICHINK.DLL
1x RIRESDLL.DLL
1x GPSAPI.DLL

@M,
I don't think there is a Readme included, simply copy the folders over your iGO installation, delete folder "save" from your iGO installation, do a hard-reset, shutdown MioPocket and then re-start iGO. Good luck. Can't assist you any more! Probably it is advised to start an extra thread for your problem, if you didn't reach success.

@Osprey,
the only two 1-click-webhosters I can access are mediafire and rapidshare, all others are blocked by the shield-software (Hostman) I'm using. But that's currently not interesting, the main goal is MioPocket becomes the world's best UNLOCKER, and, many ways lead to Rome.
Go to Top of Page

Osprey

USA
2764 Posts

Posted - 03 juin 2010 :  22:36:18  Show Profile  Visit Osprey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
jwoegerbauer,
Ah. In that case: MP SIPanels - Osprey.zip

Mio C320 (US), R40 firmware, WinCE 5.0 Core, MioPocket 4.0 Release 68
Latest MioPocket: MioPocket 4.0 (Release 68) - Dec 6, 2010 & ReadMe
Go to Top of Page

M

326 Posts

Posted - 04 juin 2010 :  04:47:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you jwoegerbauer. I did try your files and got a voice. In fact one of the voices in your group was Kate which is the one I had before.

Anyway, now the TTS does work, but I have noticed in trying all the TTS voices that they are much quieter than the other voices. Do you know why and if there is a fix? they are almost too quiet to use even though I have the device and software volume up to the max.

Thanxx! (c310x-4GB, MP-v48)
Go to Top of Page

jwoegerbauer

1865 Posts

Posted - 04 juin 2010 :  09:03:22  Show Profile  Visit jwoegerbauer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
@M,
to achieve a louder TTS-voice, you simply modify the loudness in command.csv with \volume=100 before the vocal command.
Go to Top of Page

TroNik

362 Posts

Posted - 05 juin 2010 :  10:38:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
jwoegerbauer,Osprey,
Greek is missing from your PocketKeys SIP panels.

http://iphonetoday.googlecode.com/
Go to Top of Page

ackermann.hans

Liechtenstein
2 Posts

Posted - 05 juin 2010 :  11:58:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hallo,

ich habe schon so ziemlich alle Beiträge zum Thema Speicheroptimierung hier und in anderen Foren durchgelesen und umgesetzt, aber ich bin immer noch unzufrieden. Habe iGo 8 als Testverion installiert. Aber auch wenn ich alle Speichertipps aus diesem und anderen Foren berücksichtige, stürzt es immer wieder ab, mit der Meldung "Out of Memory". Ich habe auch die SYS.TXT angepasst und nur das Allernötigste installiert. Außerdem habe ich alle Grafikfeatures deaktiviert.

Ich habe mich schon mit Mortscript beschäftigt, aber ich schaffe es nicht, um folgendes als Script umzusetzen.

FALLS NOCH EIN PROZESS LÄUFT
{
BEENDE PROZESS
}
STARTE UND WARTE ("\SDMMC\IGO8\igo.exe")
FALLS PROZESS BEENDET WURDE
{
STARTE PROZESS NEU
}

Wie kann ich das in Mortscript umsetzen?

Danke im Voraus, Hans
Go to Top of Page

jwoegerbauer

1865 Posts

Posted - 05 juin 2010 :  12:49:27  Show Profile  Visit jwoegerbauer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
@Tronik,
I hope Osprey can deliver the greek SIP, because he was able to remove the annoying ad from the DLLs.
EDIT: And if I'm right, the arabic SIP seems to work well without the SIMSUN.TTC having installed - this latter file obviously is needed for chinese SIP only. The reference to SIMSUN.TTC is contained in most of the PocketKeys's freeware SIPs.

@Hans,
because this thread is in ENGLISH language, I'll answer your question in ENGLISH, thus all here know what is going on. If necessary use Google Translator!
(German: Weil dieser thread in Englisch geführt wird, werde ich die erbetene Antwort in Englisch geben, damit alle hier etwas davon haben. Benutze falls nötig den Google Übersetzer!)

IMO you can simply translate your pseudo-code into a working application using only 2 scripts as shown next:

1) NeverKillProcesses.mscr
This script contains the static list of all (system) processes you never should kill. It's on you to populate the array "NeverKillProcesses" with the correct processes's pathnames.
#NeverKillProcesses.mscr
Errorlevel("off")
NeverKillProcesses=Array("\Windows\nk.exe",\
"\Windows\filesys.exe",\
"\Windows\device.exe",\
"\Windows\gwes.exe",\
"\Windows\explorer.exe",\
"\Windows\ST.exe",\
"\Windows\AutoRunMgr.exe",\
"\Windows\repllog.exe",\
"\My Flash Disk\Navigation\AudioManager.exe",\
"\My Flash Disk\menu.exe",\

"\My Flash Disk\MortScript.exe",\
"\Windows\LaunchAutoSuspend.exe",\
"\Windows\rapisrv.exe",\
"\Windows\rnaapp.exe",\
"\Windows\udp2tcp.exe")

2) MemCleanAndRunWait.mscr
This generic script you use as a launcher for (all) RAM-hungry applications, such as iGO
#MemCleanAndRunWait.mscr
ErrorLevel("off")
Include("Variables.mscr")
Call "Variables_common"
Include("NeverKillProcesses.mscr")

Local(doRun,RememberedProcesses,RunningProcesses,i,j,k)
doRun=argv[1]
If((doRun eq "") OR IsEmpty(doRun))
	Exit
EndIf
k=0
RememberedProcesses=Array()
RunningProcesses=ProcList()
i=1
While(i<ElementCount(RunningProcesses))
	running=RunningProcesses[i]
	j=1
	While(j<ElementCount(NeverKillProcesses))
		neverkill=NeverKillProcesses[j]
		If(ToLower(running) ne ToLower(neverkill)) 
			k=k+1
			RememberedProcesses[k]=running
			Kill(running)
		EndIf 
		Sleep 100
		j=j+1
	EndWhile
	Sleep 100
	i=i+1
Endwhile
If(FileExists(ProgramsFolder\"Hibernate.exe"))
	RunWait(ProgramsFolder\"Hibernate.exe")
EndIf
RunWait(doRun)
If(k)
	ForEach i,e In Array(RememberedProcesses)
		Run(e)
	EndForEach
EndIf

HTH

Edited by - jwoegerbauer on 05 juin 2010 14:15:00
Go to Top of Page

Osprey

USA
2764 Posts

Posted - 06 juin 2010 :  04:03:23  Show Profile  Visit Osprey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
jwoegerbauer,
1. I don't want to install and rip any keyboards. If you want to do with Greek what you did with the others, I'll remove the dialogs, same as the others.
2. Nice stript. I did something similar recently, but I didn't realize that MortScript could actually retrieve the full paths to the apps. Without realizing that, I couldn't see how the apps could be re-run after the nav app exited. Knowing this, now, though, makes things easier. Thanks.

Edited by - Osprey on 06 juin 2010 04:19:44
Go to Top of Page

ackermann.hans

Liechtenstein
2 Posts

Posted - 06 juin 2010 :  20:43:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hallo,
thank you much, I learned a lot. More than I expected ever. What is Hibernatr.exe? Can you tell me?
Regards
Hans
Go to Top of Page

jwoegerbauer

1865 Posts

Posted - 07 juin 2010 :  07:41:35  Show Profile  Visit jwoegerbauer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
@Hans,

go back to page 4: "Hibernate" is explained there.

@All,

do you know of the freeware Win32 application MioMap & iGO BMP Tool? With this tool you can compress/decompress .BMP-files used by Miomap and iGO. Download it here. Compressed files opens correctly. This utility may help to save storage space, if this is a concern.

Edited by - jwoegerbauer on 07 juin 2010 12:59:59
Go to Top of Page

daniHG

60 Posts

Posted - 07 juin 2010 :  18:19:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
jwoegerbauer,
two remarks:

I)

Your "MemCleanAndRunWait.mscr" shared here has me brought on the following idea: why not use a similar script to force MP to start applications that were running in case user pressed power button and selected "Shutdown"? If I am right, we easily could script this, e.g.

ProcArray=ProcList()
J=Join(ProcArray, ",")
WriteFile("ActiveProcsAndScripts.csv", J & "^NL^", 0)
ActiveScriptsArray=ActiveScripts()
J=Join(ActiveScriptsArray, ",")
WriteFile("ActiveProcsAndScripts.csv", J, 1)

II)

I have carefully read your post
quote:
Originally posted by jwoegerbauer

When MioPocket's unlock-process runs, regardless of installation type ("SD-free installation" or "SD installation") chosen always compute amount of free space available in RESIDENTFLASH (aka \My Flash Disk) first. If several 10MBs are available, then always redirect via a "ShellFolders.reg" in MioAutoRun\Registry\Custom all folders to RESIDENTFLASH.
Thus I've done it successfully. The main advantage with this method is you both gain more Program memory and can install - hard-reset resistent - additional applications (for testing ???) not disturbing Miopocket's folder structure!

and adopted your idea to fix/gain Program Memory, i.e. persistently move folders from "\" to FlashDrive

As we all know, the 64MB RAM a todays device typically has, is divided into ROM, Storage Memory and Program Memory. Simply spoken: the less RAM-space is wasted by Storage Memory, the more RAM-space is left to Program Memory. The folder \My Flash Disk (I agree with you and I am convinced of this, too) is never filled up to 100% by apps and data, most times more than 250MB are available. In my case \My Flash Disk (default navigation software is installed there) is 1,759GB of size . Therefore I tested your idea to move via file "RedirectShellFolders.reg"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\Explorer\Shell Folders]
"Application Data"="\My Flash Disk\Root\Application Data"
"Temp"="\My Flash Disk\Root\Temp"
"profiles"="\My Flash Disk\Root\profiles"
"Program Files"="\My Flash Disk\Root\Program Files"
"My Documents"="\My Flash Disk\Root\My Documents"
"StartUp"="\My Flash Disk\Root\Windows\StartUp"
"Desktop"="\My Flash Disk\Root\Windows\Desktop"
"Recent"="\My Flash Disk\Root\Windows\Recent"
"Programs"="\My Flash Disk\Root\Windows\Programs"
"AppMgr"="\My Flash Disk\Root\Windows\AppMgr"
"Favorites"="\My Flash Disk\Root\Windows\Favorites"

most of the default shell-folders to \My Flash Disk. At the first glance I noticed no significant increase of Program Memory, because all these moved folders do not contain a lot of apps and data. But things change if we are running applications that use some of these folders to cache data.

In my copy of MioPocket's R59 "Unlock.mscr" I've added the (in no ways optimized) lines

RedirectShellFolders = FALSE
If(FreeDiskSpace(FlashDrive, MB) >= 150))
	# Prepare importing reg-file
	Copy(RegistryFolder\"Exclude\RedirectShellFolders.reg", 		RegistryFolder\"Custom\RedirectShellFolders.reg", TRUE)

# Create folders in FlashDrive
	If(not DirExists(FlashDrive\"Root"))
		MkDir(FlashDrive\"Root")
	EndIf
	If(not DirExists(FlashDrive\"Root\Windows"))
		MkDir(FlashDrive\"Root\Windows")
	EndIf

# Save existing contents
	Call("SaveXCopy", "\My Documents\*.*", FlashDrive\"Root", TRUE, TRUE)
	Call("SaveXCopy", "\profiles\*.*", FlashDrive\"Root", TRUE, TRUE)
	Call("SaveXCopy", "\Temp\*.*", FlashDrive\"Root", TRUE, TRUE)
	Call("SaveXCopy", "\Program Files\*.*", FlashDrive\"Root", TRUE, TRUE)
	Call("SaveXCopy", "\Windows\AppMgr\*.*", FlashDrive\"Root\Windows", TRUE, TRUE)
	Call("SaveXCopy", "\Windows\Favorites\*.*", FlashDrive\"Root\Windows", TRUE, TRUE)
	Call("SaveXCopy", "\Windows\Recent\*.*", FlashDrive\"Root\Windows", TRUE, TRUE)
	Call("SaveXCopy", "\Windows\Programs\*.*", FlashDrive\"Root\Windows", TRUE, TRUE)
	Call("SaveXCopy", "\Windows\Desktop\*.*", FlashDrive\"Root\Windows", TRUE, TRUE)
	Call("SaveXCopy", "\Windows\StartUp\*.*", FlashDrive\"Root\Windows", TRUE, TRUE)

# Delete existing contents
	DelTree("\My Documents")
	DelTree("\profiles")
	DelTree("\Temp")
	DelTree("\Program Files")
	DelTree("\Windows\AppMgr")
	DelTree("\Windows\Favorites")
	DelTree("\Windows\Recent")
	DelTree("\Windows\Programs")
	DelTree("\Windows\Desktop")
	Deltree("\Windows\StartUp")

RedirectShellFolders = TRUE
EndIf

before the line

#Delete the large temp files on Magellan Maestro devices to free up storage

and modified the lines

Call("SafeXCopy", WindowsFolder\"Desktop\*.*", "\Windows\Desktop", TRUE, TRUE)
Call("SafeXCopy", WindowsFolder\"StartUp\*.*", "\Windows\StartUp", TRUE, TRUE)
Call("SafeXCopy", WindowsFolder\"Start Menu\*.*", "\Windows\Programs", TRUE, TRUE)
Call("SafeXCopy", WindowsFolder\"Favorites\*.*", "\Windows\Favorites", TRUE, TRUE)

as shown next

Call("SafeXCopy", WindowsFolder\"Desktop\*.*", FlashDrive\"Root\Windows\Desktop", TRUE, TRUE)
Call("SafeXCopy", WindowsFolder\"StartUp\*.*", FlashDrive\"Root\Windows\StartUp", TRUE, TRUE)
Call("SafeXCopy", WindowsFolder\"Start Menu\*.*", FlashDrive\"Root\Windows\Programs", TRUE, TRUE)
Call("SafeXCopy", WindowsFolder\"Favorites\*.*", FlashDrive\"Root\Windows\Favorites", TRUE, TRUE)

Edited by - daniHG on 07 juin 2010 18:26:21
Go to Top of Page

Osprey

USA
2764 Posts

Posted - 08 juin 2010 :  02:35:34  Show Profile  Visit Osprey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
daniHG,
Two years ago, I tried redirecting all shell folders and it just didn't work out totally. I think that the ultimate test was trying to install a .cab file and, unfortunately, even with "Program Files" redirected to another drive, the .cab wanted to install to \Program Files, anyways. Have you tried installing a .cab file with your setup? Did it default to installing to <flashdrive>\Program Files?

EDIT: I just tried again and it still doesn't work. Both CabInstl and wceload pick \Program Files as the default installation location. Maybe it's hard-coded into the .cab files, themselves. Since .cab installation is probably the #1 reason to do redirection at all, without that working, redirection loses most of its usefulness, IMO. It's too bad, as redirecting installation automatically would be a big step forward.

Edited by - Osprey on 08 juin 2010 03:39:13
Go to Top of Page

jwoegerbauer

1865 Posts

Posted - 08 juin 2010 :  21:06:04  Show Profile  Visit jwoegerbauer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
@daniHG,

1) Yes, would be a kind of Standby but without any battery-draining. Don't believe MP will be altered / supplemented in such a way.
2) Tested it, and yes, it works problemfree. Only thing I added to make your code complete was

If(RedirectShellFolders)
#your code goes here
Else
#original MP code goes here
Endif

@Osprey,

we definitly can fool CE by making a "\Root" directory on <flashdrive>

quote:
Originally posted by Osprey

daniHG,
Two years ago, I tried redirecting all shell folders and it just didn't work out totally. I think that the ultimate test was trying to install a .cab file and, unfortunately, even with "Program Files" redirected to another drive, the .cab wanted to install to \Program Files, anyways. Have you tried installing a .cab file with your setup? Did it default to installing to <flashdrive>\Program Files?

Before I published my (adopted from daniHG) suggestion in MioPocket's main thread, of course I have tested installing CAB-files using
a) cabinstl tool
And they all installed well in redirected shellfolder <flashdrive>\Root\Program Files ...
But you are right, in this case there's no way to make such a redirection per se default to cabinstl tool, e.g. simply adding / changing some registry entries, I had to tell cabinstl before tapping INSTALL where to install the .CAB-file to.

b) wceload tool,
And again they all installed well in redirected shellfolder <flashdrive>\Root\Program Files ... Same remarks as above.

An additional workaround could be:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\FlshDrv]
"FolderName"="\My Flash Disk\Root"

In this case, if a Reset is performed then <flashdrive> is called "\My Flash Disk\Root" and all hardcoded installation-paths land in "\My Flash Disk\Root" and no longer in RAM.
quote:

daniHG,
I just tried again and it still doesn't work. Both CabInstl and wceload pick \Program Files as the default installation location. Maybe it's hard-coded into the .cab files, themselves.

You are right, the %CEn% shortcuts - standard directories - used in a CAB-file (typically) are defined as listet here.
quote:

daniHG,
Since .cab installation is probably the #1 reason to do redirection at all, without that working, redirection loses most of its usefulness, IMO. It's too bad, as redirecting installation automatically would be a big step forward.

I do not deal this opinion. Noone installs programs everyday.

@All,

DTSysView 1.12
is a freeware, that allows to permanently watch all system changes. This 82,5KB tool you should give a try. I've uploaded it here.

Edited by - jwoegerbauer on 09 juin 2010 06:49:38
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 67 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,91 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05