Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2274

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 Mio AIO Forums - www.mionav.com
 MioPocket >> Tips & Tricks & Wishlist & More
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 67

jwoegerbauer

1865 Posts

Posted - 27 mai 2010 :  13:52:52  Show Profile  Visit jwoegerbauer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
@All,

A: GoCe

One of my friends brought into my attention that some CE devices execute a "GoCe.exe" after hard-reset, if this exe-file is present at SD-card in the root. I've tried this (copied MioAutoRun.exe to GoCe.exe, created script GoCe.mscr with 1-line-contents Message("GoCe called") and did hard-reset my device) - and, wow, this works indeed!

Thus you can steer, if a hard- reset is done, what you want to be executed first before your device continues bootstrapping.

Thought you should know of this feature.

B: PocketFileFort

If you are interested in automatically (scheduled) backup of your critical data on your Windows CE device for example via WiFi onto a FTP-server, you might try out FileFort Free File Backup (PE-name: pocketfilefort.exe). I am sure you will find it a valuable addition to your MioPocket's software collection. I've made a MioPocket ready package and uploaded it for your convenience here. Note: It's on you to get out the registry entries made after having setup this software, and create the corresponding PocketFileFort.REG-file in folder \MioAutoRun\Registry\Custom. Enjoy.

@Osprey,
if I've the time I'll create the SIPs.

Edited by - jwoegerbauer on 27 mai 2010 19:17:15
Go to Top of Page

daniHG

60 Posts

Posted - 27 mai 2010 :  19:19:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
GoCE

afaik is a backdoor only with some Mitac devices (Mio, Medion, and poosible others).
Go to Top of Page

bumbum

519 Posts

Posted - 27 mai 2010 :  21:24:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by daniHG

GoCE

afaik is a backdoor only with some Mitac devices (Mio, Medion, and poosible others).

Yes I see that the same. But good jwoegerbauer mentioned it! I have a related question. And sorry that this is a little bit OT. But here in this post are so many experts...
I bought a defect Medion 4435 at ebay. The defect was Display broken and blocked due to Super Pin request. Repair of Display was easy and for reasonable price, because inbetween there is a ebay trader selling from Honkong worldwide "goodsupply" very recommendable. But I was a little bit too arrogant with the Super Pin. Of course I can bypass the Super Pin with "GoCE.exe" as Miopocket Starter, but for this I have always to plug out/plug in SD Card. Hardreset ==> Super Pin Request ==> plug out/plug in SD==> GoCE/MP is starting. This security is at least a joke but nerving.

First question:
I can Format Flash internal Flash and let it clean. In my opinion a non persistant registry device can nowhere else store Hardreset resistent data's than in Flash. How does this device then know, that it has to ask for Super Pin after Hardreset?

Second question:
Only for trail. I installed an other version of GoPal Software. It was an SD installer starting with AutoRunCe.exe in Root of SD. This installer runs automatically after Hardreset without plug out/in SD and it did not ask for Super Pin. But after this version was installed. Hardreset==> Superpin. By Logic I was thinking to fully bypass Superpin, changing GoCE.exe to AutoRunCe.exe, but nothing happens. AutoRunCe.exe is starting the update but not Miopocket. Strange!

Again Sorry for OT, but I think it is an interesting subject.

Dependend to this, is there any way to find Autostart exe of devices automatically? With a program? This would make the Miopocket world pretty easier. I don't know if SHGetAutoRunPath could eventualy be helpful.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa453696.aspx

Falk F8, only used for real car Navigation, Miopocket Rel. 5? installed / Becker 7928 test device for car and writing desk, always newest Miopocket version / Medion 4435 only test device on writing desk, always newest Miopocket version / Often others

Edited by - bumbum on 27 mai 2010 21:25:36
Go to Top of Page

daniHG

60 Posts

Posted - 27 mai 2010 :  22:31:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
bumbum,

your device's Flash-drive is partitioned, may be as follows

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\StorageManager\PartitionTable]
"01"="FATFS"
"04"="FATFS"
"06"="FATFS"
"07"="NTFS"
"0B"="FATFS"
"0C"="FATFS"
"0E"="FATFS"
"0F"="FATFS"
"20"="BOOT"
"21"="BINFS"
"22"="RAWFS"
"23"="RAWFS"
"25"="IMGFS"
"26"="BINARY"

The superpin you are searching for must be stored in one of the FATFS/NTFS/RAWFS partitions.
Go to Top of Page

bumbum

519 Posts

Posted - 28 mai 2010 :  16:57:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks daniHG, but I have no idea how to make these partitions viewable. I found the Binfs partition, but this is not the right one.

Falk F8, only used for real car Navigation, Miopocket Rel. 5? installed / Becker 7928 test device for car and writing desk, always newest Miopocket version / Medion 4435 only test device on writing desk, always newest Miopocket version / Often others
Go to Top of Page

jwoegerbauer

1865 Posts

Posted - 31 mai 2010 :  09:40:21  Show Profile  Visit jwoegerbauer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
cecmd (aka Total Commander v 2.51)
allows users to install various languages. Currently supported languages: English, German, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Korean, Polish, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish and Ukrainian. The language desired you can download here.

@Osprey,
this should be stated in MioPocket's ReadMe.
Go to Top of Page

daniHG

60 Posts

Posted - 31 mai 2010 :  14:24:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
bumbum,

first of all you should read this article and read this article, too. As you will see, the superpin ( master key ) by default is stored in a file in the file system, unless otherwise defined:

(These are the registry entries of interest)

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Init\BootVars]
"DefaultUser"="default"

"MasterKeyFileDir"="\\windows"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\init\BootVars]
"MasterKeysInRegistry"=dword:1

Secondly

a)
Because your flash-drive only has two main-partitions, a BINFS for NK.bin and the rest for a FATFS, you should use control panel applet "Storage Manager" to get out whether your flash-drive is parted in multiple partitions likely Part00, Part01, ... and then query your registry for entries such as

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\StorageManager\Profiles\MSFlash\Part00]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\StorageManager\Profiles\MSFlash\Part01]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\StorageManager\Profiles\MSFlash\Part02]

b)
If only partition Part00 exists, make sure all files in MSFlash do not have the attribute "hidden". Perhaps thus you suddenly see a file you did not have seen before.

c)
As described here I suppose it is OEM's "SystemStartupFunc()" in CE's NK.exe that requests the superpin if set, i.e. calls security IOCTL "IOCTL_HAL_AUTHENTICATE_DEVICE" (note: this IOCTL authenticates the device before the device is allowed to boot and be used by a user): this function is the OEM's last chance to perform an action before other processes are started, e.g. ask for the superpin. If not done yet query CE's NK.exe with a hex-editor for "UserPin.exe" or similar.

Go to Top of Page

jwoegerbauer

1865 Posts

Posted - 31 mai 2010 :  21:27:44  Show Profile  Visit jwoegerbauer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
A:

quote:
Originally posted by bumbum

Dependend to this, is there any way to find Autostart exe of devices automatically? With a program? This would make the Miopocket world pretty easier. I don't know if SHGetAutoRunPath could eventualy be helpful.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa453696.aspx

I've never heard of such a program / script.

In "Variables.mscr" some wellknown AutoRunFiles already are defined

Sub Variables_Install
	AutoRunFiles = Drive \ "MioAutoRun.*"
	If(FileExists(Drive \ "c310Auto.exe"))
		AutoRunFiles = Drive \ "c310Auto.*"
	ElseIf(FileExists(Drive \ "oscar91adm.exe"))
		AutoRunFiles = Drive \ "oscar91adm.*"
	ElseIf(FileExists(Drive \ "autorun_ABC.exe"))
		AutoRunFiles = Drive \ "autorun_ABC.*"
	ElseIf(FileExists(Drive \ "autorunce.exe"))
		AutoRunFiles = Drive \ "autorunce.*"
	ElseIf(FileExists(Drive \ "goce.exe"))
		AutoRunFiles = Drive \ "goce.*"
	EndIf

Additionally one might take a look at MP's ReadMe section "2.0 Installation". There are more AutoRunFiles implicitly defined. I'm sure Osprey maintains these lists.

B:

quote:
Originally posted by daniHG

GoCE

That's absolutely correct. A GoCe.exe (156KB) working on Mio and Medion GoPal devices you can find here. GoCe pops up with dialog "Do you want to enter WinCE"

Edited by - jwoegerbauer on 05 juin 2010 14:09:33
Go to Top of Page

Osprey

USA
2764 Posts

Posted - 01 juin 2010 :  02:22:24  Show Profile  Visit Osprey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
jwoegerbauer,
I'll add those languages to MioPocket. I've downloaded and extracted all of them. If anyone wants them all now, download the following, extract and copy the desired .lng files to MioAutoRun\Programs\Total Commander, then, in TC, go to Show->About/Settings. http://uploading.com/files/759m75m9/Total%2BCommander%2BLanguages.zip/

Mio C320 (US), R40 firmware, WinCE 5.0 Core, MioPocket 4.0 Release 68
Latest MioPocket: MioPocket 4.0 (Release 68) - Dec 6, 2010 & ReadMe
Go to Top of Page

jwoegerbauer

1865 Posts

Posted - 01 juin 2010 :  19:17:22  Show Profile  Visit jwoegerbauer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Osprey

jwoegerbauer,
I'm no expert in this... but I think that it ought to work by simply copying and editing CyrillicKeyboard.reg, like you mentioned. That's largely why I included that reg file... not so much to provide a cyrillic keyboard, but to serve as an example for how to add a keyboard.

If that works, you can proceed to extract the rest of the DLLs from the CABs, create new copies of the .reg file for each one, then zip it all up and upload it. I'd be happy to include that with MioPocket.

@Osprey,

it took me much more time than expected, but I did it, because I hastily promised it.
The 10 Keyboard layouts I've re-packaged in a MioPocket-ready manner and uploaded EDIT: here.

In this .ZIP-file included is a menu-script (hopefully errorfree) I wrote. Perhaps this is useful for users, too.

A 40x40 32Bit icon is also included in .ZIP-file, but the skin-pages were not updated by me. I'm sorry.

I hope I could contribute to make MioPocket more international!

Edited by - jwoegerbauer on 02 juin 2010 13:45:32
Go to Top of Page

H226

Austria
40 Posts

Posted - 01 juin 2010 :  19:52:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
daniHG
have studied with great interest your remarks to 'where the password is stored'. In my registry none of the entries

"DefaultUser"="default"

"MasterKeyFileDir"="\\windows"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\init\BootVars]
"MasterKeysInRegistry"=dword:1

does occur. I have the suspicion the 'superpin' mentioned by bumbum is not a native CE password, but a password stored by OEM-software anywhere else in flash disk (probably encrypted in a hidden file).

Regards
Go to Top of Page

M

326 Posts

Posted - 02 juin 2010 :  04:20:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Recently purchased Igo 8.3 for my non-mio and TTS voice works fine, BUT when I tried to use Igo on the mio c310x it runs ok EXCEPT TTS voice does not work.

Anyone know of some extra file or gotcha setting that I'm missing for the mio which also has miopocket? I can use other voices, but when I choose TTs voice I hear nothing at all for directions.

Thanxx! (c310x-4GB, MP-v48)
Go to Top of Page

Osprey

USA
2764 Posts

Posted - 02 juin 2010 :  05:37:53  Show Profile  Visit Osprey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
jwoegerbauer,
Wow, I didn't mean for you to go to that much work. I just expected you to extract them all to reg and dll files. Nice job. I notice, though, that the Czech through Vietnamese reg files all have the same CLSID. Is that how it's supposed to be? The Arabic and Croatian ones have distinct CLSIDs, so I would guess not, but you can tell us. If it's wrong, what should the correct CLSIDs be? Really, though, it may not matter, since I think that they would all work if they shared only a single CLSID (just not more than one at once). If you happen to re-upload, though, the Czech reg file has the Hungarian information in it, just FYI.

Go to Top of Page

jwoegerbauer

1865 Posts

Posted - 02 juin 2010 :  13:46:37  Show Profile  Visit jwoegerbauer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
@Osprey,

four eyes always are seeing more than two, that's the painful reality. Thank you so much. I've re-uploaded the 10 SIPs here.

FYI:
1) The CLSIDs I've re-queried (hex-looked in SIPanel***.dll), they indeed are as following:

Cro 612B2DAB-A63E-4b40-8FA5-CFBD27AA0300
Cze A131C9C0-4B89-44da-A7B0-066598455ED8
Hun 0784EA33-3D25-4fbd-B6E9-1A96FF7CBC4A
Pol 687F5452-7AB6-4caf-AC62-F5B5ABB92506
Rom 0ACC7E52-88E9-49e9-B4FB-3D66FDB0EF7B
Ser 71419AA4-5C1A-432e-9E48-71F58C16C224
Tur 2972555D-0752-4526-A512-9E1421FAEDDE
Ukr 72FA84BE-91DA-49db-8371-BB44E4A0664F
Vie BD401E6A-0F93-4842-B9C9-5B1D01695D55

2) According to this I've modified all .REG-files and the script "AddKeyboardLayout.mscr"
3) Additionally I've hex-edited SIPanelChe.dll, thus now it's internally/externally named SIPanelCze.dll what in my eyes makes more sense.

BTW:
If errors occur please fix them by yourself. Thanks in advance.
Go to Top of Page

Osprey

USA
2764 Posts

Posted - 03 juin 2010 :  01:33:51  Show Profile  Visit Osprey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
jwoegerbauer,
Thanks.

Yesterday, I made a handful of my own improvements and alterations (hope you don't mind). First, I renamed all of the .reg and .dll files to Keyboard-<name>. That sorts them among the other files better, but, more importantly, allowed me to make it so that the menu gets the list of keyboards from the file directory, rather than an array. Also, with the DLL named the same as the .reg, the DLL array is no longer needed, either. Both also mean that the user can add their own Keyboard-<name>.dll and Keyboard-<name>.reg files and they'll show up in the menu and be installable from it. Also, I made it so that the CLSID is read from the .reg file, thus eliminating the CLSID array, as well.

BTW, I found that hex-editing the internal filename doesn't appear to be necessary; just changing the external filename worked. Also, I used Resource Hacker to delete the unnecessary dialog pop-ups. Oh, and, unfortunately, I had to cut the Arabic language, since requiring that 10MB of extra files just isn't practical for including in MioPocket. Hopefully, anyone who wants that will simply find your package and install that.

If you'd like to test it out or just check out what I've done, here's the package: MP SIPanels - Osprey.zip

The only difference between that and what I'll be including in MioPocket is that I've folded the contents of AddKeyboardLayout.mscr into MioPocketSettings.mscr, but can't be sharing that MioPocketSettings.mscr yet, since it's been altered too greatly for the next release to be suitable for use with current releases.

Edited by - Osprey on 03 juin 2010 01:36:37
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 67 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,94 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05