Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 1952

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 Mio AIO Forums - www.mionav.com
 MioPocket >> Tips & Tricks & Wishlist & More
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 67

bumbum

519 Posts

Posted - 22 mars 2010 :  23:49:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Osprey,

not a "must have" but "would be nice to have", if you could integrate IPT inofficial here into to your skinchanger script, for people who want to test?

Falk F8, only used for real car Navigation, Miopocket Rel. 5? installed / Becker 7928 test device for car and writing desk, always newest Miopocket version / Medion 4435 only test device on writing desk, always newest Miopocket version / Often others
Go to Top of Page

TroNik

362 Posts

Posted - 23 mars 2010 :  00:43:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Osprey,
It is not only the Chinese devices. The new European Navigon devices also use Windows CE 6.0.

http://iphonetoday.googlecode.com/
Go to Top of Page

bumbum

519 Posts

Posted - 23 mars 2010 :  02:03:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TroNik

Osprey,
It is not only the Chinese devices. The new European Navigon devices also use Windows CE 6.0.

Correct me, if I am wrong. Currently I only know chinese devices and Navigon using WinCE 6. While chinese devices are, let's say open to handle with, Navigon want to go the way similar to Garmin/TomTom. Protecting their own software! I don't think, as jwoegerbauer stated, WinCE6 is the problem, but the way OEM's take the opportunity of customizing and binding to product.

Falk F8, only used for real car Navigation, Miopocket Rel. 5? installed / Becker 7928 test device for car and writing desk, always newest Miopocket version / Medion 4435 only test device on writing desk, always newest Miopocket version / Often others
Go to Top of Page

sharpdesigner

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 24 mars 2010 :  02:08:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jwoegerbauer

I've uploaded the unGACed .NET CF 3.5 here for all who have trouble with .NET CF 3.5, especially with the GACs: http://www.mediafire.com/file/ydwgum2jnmg/Extracted-Microsoft .NET CF 3.5.zip

You might
1) put the unzipped files into \MioAutoRun\Windows\Windows
2) move file \MioAutoRun\Registry\NETCompactFramework.reg to \MioAutoRun\Registry\Exclude
3) create in folder \MioAutoRun\Registry\Custom a new .REG-file, say NETCF35.reg, as shown next

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\.NETCompactFramework]
"3.5.7283.00"=dword:00000001

4) hard-reset the device

Saving the above contents in a .reg file gives "Syntax Error" when the Device Reboots!
Go to Top of Page

Lexan

USA
28 Posts

Posted - 24 mars 2010 :  02:24:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sharpdesigner

quote:
Originally posted by jwoegerbauer

I've uploaded the unGACed .NET CF 3.5 here for all who have trouble with .NET CF 3.5, especially with the GACs: http://www.mediafire.com/file/ydwgum2jnmg/Extracted-Microsoft .NET CF 3.5.zip

You might
1) put the unzipped files into \MioAutoRun\Windows\Windows
2) move file \MioAutoRun\Registry\NETCompactFramework.reg to \MioAutoRun\Registry\Exclude
3) create in folder \MioAutoRun\Registry\Custom a new .REG-file, say NETCF35.reg, as shown next

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\.NETCompactFramework]
"3.5.7283.00"=dword:00000001

4) hard-reset the device

Saving the above contents in a .reg file gives "Syntax Error" when the Device Reboots!

That is probably because of the backup registry file. Just delete the backup registry file and Miopocket will make a new one so you won't get the syntax error.

Mio Moov M400, MioMap 2009, MioPocket 3.0 R57, Windows CE 5.0
Go to Top of Page

Osprey

USA
2764 Posts

Posted - 24 mars 2010 :  03:05:01  Show Profile  Visit Osprey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
sharpdesigner,
You'll get such an error if you didn't add a carriage return after the last line. You'll also get it if you didn't save the file with ANSI encoding (though, being in the USA, where ANSI is default, my guess is that your problem is no carriage return, not the encoding). Lexan, it's not the registry backup file that's causing the error (the error is in the new registry file), but he likely will need to delete it to avoid it being imported and totally negating the point of moving NETCompactFramework.reg to the Exclude folder (since the backup will have its settings). Just to be clear, though, sharpdesigner, my point in directing you to that post was to just download the files and unzip them to your app's folder, not to follow jwoegerbauer's instructions, but you're welcome to try those after (if you have 5MB free in \Windows, which most people do not).

Mio C320 (US), R40 firmware, WinCE 5.0 Core, MioPocket 4.0 Release 68
Latest MioPocket: MioPocket 4.0 (Release 68) - Dec 6, 2010 & ReadMe
Go to Top of Page

jwoegerbauer

1863 Posts

Posted - 24 mars 2010 :  19:49:58  Show Profile  Visit jwoegerbauer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Another method to detect whether a HIVE-based registry exists (valid for all CE Versions)

First of all you should have read Windows CE: What is Hive Registry? - be aware this only is meant to be an introduction.

Secondly you simply search in registry for two subkeys: SYSTEMHIVE or SystemHive and PROFILEDIR or ProfileDir

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\init\BootVars]
;the system hive contains all data under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT
;and HKEY_USERS
"SYSTEMHIVE"="Documents and Settings\\system.hv"
;the user hive contains all data under HKEY_CURRENT_USER
"PROFILEDIR"="Documents and Settings"

With MortScript we code this search:

If(RegValueExists("HKLM","init\BootVars","SYSTEMHIVE") OR RegValueExists("HKLM","init\BootVars","SystemHive"))
	#
	# processing system hive goes here
EndIf
If(RegValueExists("HKLM","init\BootVars","PROFILEDIR") OR RegValueExists("HKLM","init\BootVars","ProfileDir"))
	#
	# processing user hive goes here
EndIf

P.S. This is an alternate method to that I described earlier.
Go to Top of Page

sharpdesigner

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 25 mars 2010 :  01:55:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Osprey

sharpdesigner,
You'll get such an error if you didn't add a carriage return after the last line. You'll also get it if you didn't save the file with ANSI encoding (though, being in the USA, where ANSI is default, my guess is that your problem is no carriage return, not the encoding). Lexan, it's not the registry backup file that's causing the error (the error is in the new registry file), but he likely will need to delete it to avoid it being imported and totally negating the point of moving NETCompactFramework.reg to the Exclude folder (since the backup will have its settings). Just to be clear, though, sharpdesigner, my point in directing you to that post was to just download the files and unzip them to your app's folder, not to follow jwoegerbauer's instructions, but you're welcome to try those after (if you have 5MB free in \Windows, which most people do not).

Can you tell me the location of Backup Registry ?
Go to Top of Page

jwoegerbauer

1863 Posts

Posted - 25 mars 2010 :  09:55:26  Show Profile  Visit jwoegerbauer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
@Osprey,

in file Initialize.mscr you could add in section #Kill GPS software the lines

If(ProcExists("mnavdce.exe"))
	Kill("mnavdce.exe")
EndIf
If(ProcExists("mnavdce_orig.exe"))
	Kill("mnavdce_orig.exe")
EndIf

to support Medion & Becker devices

If(ProcExists("MN6.exe"))
	Kill("MN6.exe")
EndIf
If(ProcExists("MN6_orig.exe"))
	Kill("MN6_orig.exe")
EndIf

to support Navigon devices

EDIT:

Folder MioAutoRun\Programs\Win32\MSCEInf(CAB Extractor) should be renamed to MioAutoRun\Programs\Win32\MSCEInf(CAB Analyzer), because this tool doesn't allow extracting a .CAB-file, it only allows viewing what happens during installing a .CAB-file

FYI: http://www.codeppc.com/telechargements/msceinf/msceinf.htm

Edited by - jwoegerbauer on 25 mars 2010 21:09:16
Go to Top of Page

jb110

19 Posts

Posted - 25 mars 2010 :  12:47:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am not able to run a .jar file.

I think there is something wrong with the environment variable. Can anyone tell me what do I have give in the environment variables.
Go to Top of Page

Osprey

USA
2764 Posts

Posted - 26 mars 2010 :  01:46:16  Show Profile  Visit Osprey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
sharpdesigner,
If you mean the icon, it's on the Settings page. If you mean the .reg file that it creates, it's in MioAutoRun\Registry\Custom.

jwoegerbauer,
1. Thanks. That'll probably help some people.
2. It does extract. I use it for that quite often.

Mio C320 (US), R40 firmware, WinCE 5.0 Core, MioPocket 4.0 Release 68
Latest MioPocket: MioPocket 4.0 (Release 68) - Dec 6, 2010 & ReadMe
Go to Top of Page

jwoegerbauer

1863 Posts

Posted - 28 mars 2010 :  09:54:54  Show Profile  Visit jwoegerbauer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Have to update your device for Daylight Saving Time (DST)?

Microsoft adviced already in August 2009 to update the predefined DST dates. These are the timezones to get updated:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\TimeZones\3]
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\TimeZones\5]
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\TimeZones\13]
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\TimeZones\30]
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\TimeZones\35]
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\TimeZones\45]
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\TimeZones\54]
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\TimeZones\55]
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\TimeZones\57]
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\TimeZones\60]
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\TimeZones\65]
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\TimeZones\73]
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\TimeZones\74]
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\TimeZones\90]
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\TimeZones\91]
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\TimeZones\120]
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\TimeZones\135]
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\TimeZones\158]
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\TimeZones\160]
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\TimeZones\173]
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\TimeZones\185]
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\TimeZones\245]
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\TimeZones\250]
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\TimeZones\255]
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\TimeZones\265]
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\TimeZones\285]
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\TimeZones\290]
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\TimeZones\291]

Go to Top of Page

muselee

9 Posts

Posted - 28 mars 2010 :  22:28:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi jwoegerbauer, could you make a new dst cab file, because the cab file ms provides won't install? hope i'm not overrunning you with my ask. thanks
Go to Top of Page

daniHG

60 Posts

Posted - 30 mars 2010 :  15:33:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@Osprey,

1) In general:
I'm hard at work looking for a new job. Unfortunately, this has made me unavailable here for quite some time. I'm sorry for the delay, but am sure you can understand that in today's world, employment must take priority over fun. Thank you.
2) Concerning WceLoadExt:
I've noticed this tool became integrated in Rel.59 and is brought into attention within the README. IMO well done.
3) Concerning MSCEInf:
I tried MSCEInf tool. Running this brings up a window headlined "WinCE CABs Analyzer". I have tried all menu items, but didn't find a way to copy e.g. the inf-part of the cab-file into a new file on the HDD. For me jwoegerbauer was right when he pointed out that MSCEInf does not allow extracting in the sense of WinZip or WinRAR or other unpacker tools. Or did I something wrong?
Go to Top of Page

jwoegerbauer

1863 Posts

Posted - 30 mars 2010 :  19:13:16  Show Profile  Visit jwoegerbauer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
@muselee,

I extracted the .INF-file part of the .CAB-file to file CE-Timeszones-Update-2009-08.inf, you can download here. Remember to edit the CE-Version's minor and major values herein before you attempt to create a new .CAB-file by yourself. You can use the Win32 tool QuickCab (post #2 in this thread) to create this new .CAB-file. Or you search the internet for a tool that converts a .INF-file to .REG-file

BTW/FYI:
In a .INF-file you'll always see hex values like 0x00000001. Here is the list of the common registry data types and their hex equivalent:

REG_SZ = 0x00000000 (or 0)
    REG_BINARY = 0x00000001 (or 1)
    Reg_SZ_NOCLOBBER = 0x00000002 (or 2)
    REG_BINARY_NOCLOBBER = 0x00000003 (or 3)
    REG_MULTI_SZ = 0x00010000
    REG_DWORD = 0x00010001
    REG_MULTI_SZ_NOCLOBBER = 0x00010002
    REG_DWORD_NOCLOBBER = 0x00010003
    REG_EXPAND_SZ = 0x00020000
    REG_EXPAND_SZ_NOCLOBBER = 0x00020002

Knowing this, you probably, no I'm totally sure, can write a MortScript that will import the .INF-file's "Add-Reg section" to your device's registry.

Disclaimer: I, my GF, my neighbor next door, my dog, little Johnny and all the others I didn't mention, assume no responsibility, or give any sort of guarantees for any damages that may occur from applying these timezone changes to your system.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 67 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1,25 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05