Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2402

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 Mio AIO Forums - www.mionav.com
 MioPocket >> Tips & Tricks & Wishlist & More
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7

jwoegerbauer

1865 Posts

Posted - 19 janv. 2010 :  12:30:45  Show Profile  Visit jwoegerbauer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi all,

this thread I created in the hope

1) the contributors of MioPocket from time to time come along here to see what MioPocket-users are wishing and/or suggesting to get MioPocket the world's finest PNA/GPS unlocker.

2) MioPocket-users share here their experience (and how-to) in extending the possibilities MioPocket already offers

DON'T EXPECT THAT EVERY POST HERE WILL BE PERFECT FOR EVERYONE!

Links to other sites created and/or maintained by organizations/persons other than me are for information only. I accept no responsibility or liability for access to, or the accuracy of, the material on any site that is linked to from this thread's pages, and I do not necessarily endorse any views expressed within them. I have no control over the availability of the linked pages.

Edited by - jwoegerbauer on 10 déc. 2010 12:08:16

Ads

jwoegerbauer

1865 Posts

Posted - 19 janv. 2010 :  12:31:41  Show Profile  Visit jwoegerbauer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Useful (freeware) applications

Win32

CE

If you know another worthwhile tool that should be listet here, let me know it.

Edited by - jwoegerbauer on 13 mai 2010 09:25:40
Go to Top of Page

jwoegerbauer

1865 Posts

Posted - 19 janv. 2010 :  12:43:06  Show Profile  Visit jwoegerbauer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
MioPocket currently (Rel 56) is missing the feature "Installing .CAB-file stored registry values". Hence I wrote the CABRegistryImport.mscr (based on Osprey's RegistryImport.mscr) as follows:

ErrorLevel("off")
Include("Variables.mscr")
Call("Variables_Install")
##############

CeCABInstaller = "wceload.exe"
# Valid WCELOAD parameters are described here:
# http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms933760.aspx
CeCABInstallerParams = "/delete 0 /noui /noaskdest /nouninstall "

# If a file was supplied as a parameter, import it
cabFile = argv[1]
If(cabFile ne "")
RunWait(CeCABInstaller, CeCABInstallerParams & """" & cabFile & """")
Exit
EndIf

# Import cab-stored registry files
ForEach cabFile in files(RegistryFolder\"*.cab")
EndForEach

# Import cab-stored registry files tailored for 480x272 displays
If(ScreenWidth() = 480)
ForEach cabFile in files(RegistryFolder\"480x272\*.cab")
EndForEach
EndIf

# Import cab-stored registry files intended for this version of CE
ForEach cabFile in files(RegistryFolder\"CE"&CeVersion&"\*.cab")
EndForEach

# Import custom cab-stored registry files
ForEach cabFile in files(RegistryFolder\"Custom\*.cab")
EndForEach

If your copy of MioPocket is missing this feature, you simply can add it:
1) put file CABRegistryImport.mscr into \MioAutoRun\Scripts
2) add following (red tinted) line to Unlock.mscr
#Import registry files
CallScript("RegistryImport.mscr")
CallScript("CABRegistryImport.mscr")

Edited by - jwoegerbauer on 20 janv. 2010 12:44:55
Go to Top of Page

bumbum

519 Posts

Posted - 19 janv. 2010 :  15:08:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@jwoegerbauer
thanks for creating this thread!

I alraedy played arround with a new idea. Some devices like the Becker, (also Medions) I have in front of me don't have the possibilities of backlight control. In case of Becker you have to run "shell.exe" (menu.exe for Medion) to get 100% backlight. So I included into StartupPrograms.mscr

Run("\My Flash Disk\MNAV\shell.exe")
While(not ProcExists("shell.exe"))
Sleep(10000)
EndWhile
Sleep(10000)
Kill("shell.exe")

Probably I have to try some shorter sleep figures, but in general thi script works.

Now backlight is on 100%, which is good for navigation, but not neccessary and interfering when sitting at the desk and doing other apps.

So I stumbled across
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa929114.aspx
Adding an Advanced Backlight Dialog Box

From my Falk device, which has this feature, I extracted from registry
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\BackLight]
"BackLightLevel"=dword:00000064
"OldBatteryTimeout"=dword:0000000f
"OldACTimeout"=dword:0000003c
"AdvancedCPL"="AdvBacklight"
"BacklightOnTap"=dword:00000001
UseExt"=dword:00000000
"UseBattery"=dword:00000000

and also

advbacklight.dll

and put it into Becker's Miopocket.
Now I have in Control Panel/Display/Backlight an additional advanced Button (see picture), but out off funktion

Probably I need a display driver?
Any advice?

Falk F8, only used for real car Navigation, Miopocket Rel. 5? installed / Becker 7928 test device for car and writing desk, always newest Miopocket version / Medion 4435 only test device on writing desk, always newest Miopocket version / Often others

Edited by - bumbum on 24 mai 2010 19:20:31
Go to Top of Page

daniHG

60 Posts

Posted - 19 janv. 2010 :  16:07:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
bumbum,

only if your hardware includes advanced backlight functionality, you should add an Advanced button to the Backlight Control Panel application - as you have done it. Otherwise you get stuck.
Go to Top of Page

jwoegerbauer

1865 Posts

Posted - 19 janv. 2010 :  16:50:59  Show Profile  Visit jwoegerbauer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
@bumbum,

you might consider to steer brightness via MortScript. In the code snippets listet next
valid Brightness / ACBrightness values are in the range 1 - 10

#Read registry settings
Brightness = RegRead ("HKCU", "ControlPanel\Backlight", "Brightness")
ACBrightness = RegRead ("HKCU", "ControlPanel\Backlight", "ACBrightness")

#Set registry settings
RegWriteDword ("HKCU", "ControlPanel\Backlight", "Brightness", 10)
RegWriteDword ("HKCU", "ControlPanel\Backlight", "ACBrightness", 10)

#Set registry settings back to normal use mode
RegWriteDword ("HKCU", "ControlPanel\Backlight", "Brightness", Brightness)
RegWriteDword ("HKCU", "ControlPanel\Backlight", "ACBrightness", ACBrightness)

Go to Top of Page

bumbum

519 Posts

Posted - 19 janv. 2010 :  18:25:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@daniHG
How do I know if my Hardware includes advanced Backlight functionality? All I now is that original shell.exe has the possibility to switch between day and night mode and by the way this function would be fine for me, I do not neccessarily need the Backlight app.

@jwoegerbauer
unfortunately script didn't work. Brightness is set correct in registry, but no change. BTW my Falk's brightness is set in "BackLightLevel"=dword:00000064, no mention of brightness there.

I believe it could really be dependend on Display driver

quote:
Whenever a change occurs in the timeout values, the Control Panel signals an event named BackLightChangeEvent. This event eliminates the need for your display driver to constantly read the registry to monitor the timeout values for changes.

The following example shows a display driver with a background thread that waits for the BackLightChangeEvent event.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee505284.aspx

quote:
To enable a backlight, you must make changes to the OS design, registry, and display driver. For more information, see Enabling a Backlight.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee481928.aspx

Falk F8, only used for real car Navigation, Miopocket Rel. 5? installed / Becker 7928 test device for car and writing desk, always newest Miopocket version / Medion 4435 only test device on writing desk, always newest Miopocket version / Often others

Edited by - bumbum on 19 janv. 2010 18:27:17
Go to Top of Page

jwoegerbauer

1865 Posts

Posted - 19 janv. 2010 :  20:25:51  Show Profile  Visit jwoegerbauer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bumbum

@jwoegerbauer
unfortunately script didn't work. Brightness is set correct in registry, but no change. BTW my Falk's brightness is set in "BackLightLevel"=dword:00000064, no mention of brightness there.

I believe it could really be dependend on Display driver

quote:
Whenever a change occurs in the timeout values, the Control Panel signals an event named BackLightChangeEvent. This event eliminates the need for your display driver to constantly read the registry to monitor the timeout values for changes.

The following example shows a display driver with a background thread that waits for the BackLightChangeEvent event.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee505284.aspx

quote:
To enable a backlight, you must make changes to the OS design, registry, and display driver. For more information, see Enabling a Backlight.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee481928.aspx

If key BackLightLevel is present, then you can enter the hex values 0x00 (decimal 0) -> 0x64 (decimal 100) as value there.
FYI, an on-line conversion tool you find here: http://www.sql-und-xml.de/unicode-database/online-tools/

The MortScript commands to change the brightness then would be

#Read registry settings
Brightness = RegRead ("HKCU", "ControlPanel\Backlight", "BackLightLevel")

#Set registry settings (for e.x. 50%)
RegWriteDword ("HKCU", "ControlPanel\Backlight", "BackLightLevel", 50)

#Set registry settings back to normal use mode
RegWriteDword ("HKCU", "ControlPanel\Backlight", "BackLightLevel", Brightness)

BTW, the links you reported are related to backlight timeouts, CE's PowerManager stuff!
Go to Top of Page

bumbum

519 Posts

Posted - 19 janv. 2010 :  21:04:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@jwoegerbauer

I know links are related to timeouts etc., but thought it's the same for backlight

Unfortunately this time script is not working, BackLightLevel remains the same. But I did the changes manually, changed values to decimal 10 and Softreset (which should normaly not neccessary ==> No Change. Probably daniHG is right?

Go to Top of Page

jwoegerbauer

1865 Posts

Posted - 20 janv. 2010 :  15:45:49  Show Profile  Visit jwoegerbauer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
@Everybody,

if you like me during driving only want to hear the girl's voice, and not to see any maps on the PNA,
you have the choice to either run a screensaver utility, or run your own-made script.

a) PocketCandy, a freeware tool, is not a screensaver itself, but allows your PNA to run screensavers after a specific period of no user interaction, just like your desktop computer. I've re-packaged this utility in a MioPocket 3.0 ready manner and uploaded here. This tiny tool includes 6 screensavers: Blank Screen, Flying Through Space, Mystify, Scrolling Marquee, Spiralling Dots, and Swarm.

b) ToggleDisplayLoop, a script I wrote some times ago. If you also want to implement this script, I've uploaded here, into your copy of Miopocket, then all you need is the two-scripts-package present in folder \MioAutoRun\Scripts and a section in file \MioAutoRun\MioPocket.ini as this one

[ToggleDisplayLoop]
;change to 0 if you don't want to run it
IsEnabled=1
ScrnOffExe="ScreenOff.exe"
ScrnOffExeFullFilepathname=ProgramsFolder\"TroNik\" & ScrnOffExe
NavigationAppWnd="GoPal Navigator"
WaitTime=20
CheckBackSecs=10
StepWidth=20

Edited by - jwoegerbauer on 21 juin 2010 13:23:28
Go to Top of Page

DoDoubleGeo

USA
167 Posts

Posted - 20 janv. 2010 :  18:13:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@ bumbum

Did you try resetting the GPS after making the changes to the backlight registry settings? I know that I have to reset my Magellan Crossover GPS to get it to work.

Magellan XOver 2500T (NA)
Go to Top of Page

daniHG

60 Posts

Posted - 21 janv. 2010 :  11:21:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@bumbum,

if executable \Windows\backlight.exe can be found on your device, and your device has 10 brightness intervals, then try

CurBright = RegRead( "HKCU", "ControlPanel\Backlight", "Brightness" )
If (CurBright <> 10)
Run ( "\windows\backlight.exe" )
Sleep (500)
SendRight (backlight)
Sleep (500)
SendOK ()
Else
Run ( "\windows\backlight.exe" )
Sleep (500)
SendLeft (backlight)
Sleep (50)
SendLeft (backlight)
Sleep (50)
SendLeft (backlight)
Sleep (50)
SendLeft (backlight)
Sleep (50)
SendLeft (backlight)
Sleep (50)
SendLeft (backlight)
Sleep (50)
SendLeft (backlight)
Sleep (50)
SendLeft (backlight)
Sleep (50)
SendLeft (backlight)
Sleep (500)
SendOK ()
EndIf
Go to Top of Page

bumbum

519 Posts

Posted - 21 janv. 2010 :  16:10:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@DoDoubleGeo
I tried also with Softreset, as suggested==> No

@daniHG
unfortunately I don't understand the function of this script, but I tried. No visible changes.

Go to Top of Page

DoDoubleGeo

USA
167 Posts

Posted - 21 janv. 2010 :  22:47:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@ bumbum - Try the following script to change the brightness settings.

###BEGIN SCRIPT###
SetChoiceEntryFormat(18, 14, FontName)

#Retrieve settings from registry
bright = RegRead("HKCU" , "ControlPanel\Backlight", "Brightness")

needsReset = FALSE

brightdef=1
If(bright =10)
brightdef=1
ElseIf(bright =20)
brightdef=2
ElseIf(bright=30)
brightdef=3
ElseIf(bright=40)
brightdef=4
ElseIf(bright=50)
brightdef=5
ElseIf(bright=60)
brightdef=6
ElseIf(bright=70)
brightdef=7
ElseIf(bright=80)
brightdef=8
ElseIf(bright=90)
brightdef=9
ElseIf(bright=100)
brightdef=10
Else
brightdef=7
EndIf

ChoiceDefault("Brightness Settings", "BRIGHTNESS/BACKLIGHT SETTINGS^NL^^NL^** Requires a soft reset to commit changes **", brightdef,0,"10%", "20%", "30%", "40%","50%", "60%", "70%", "80%","90%", "100%")

case 1
brightNew = 10
case 2
brightNew = 20
case 3
brightNew = 30
case 4
brightNew = 40
case 5
brightNew = 50
case 6
brightNew = 60
case 7
brightNew = 70
case 8
brightNew = 80
case 9
brightNew = 90
case 10
brightNew = 100
case 0
Exit
EndChoice

If(bright ne brightNew)
RegWriteDWord("HKCU" , "ControlPanel\Backlight", "Brightness",brightNew)
needsReset = TRUE
EndIf

Call("AskReset")

Sub AskReset
If(needsReset)
doit = Question("Tap YES to reset now, NO if you plan to reset later.","Soft reset now?","YesNo")
If(doit)
Reset
Else
Exit
EndIf
Else
Exit
EndIf
EndSub
###END SCRIPT###

Edited by - DoDoubleGeo on 21 janv. 2010 22:48:30
Go to Top of Page

jwoegerbauer

1865 Posts

Posted - 22 janv. 2010 :  12:20:04  Show Profile  Visit jwoegerbauer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
After having read this thread I knew this is one of the most thrilling pieces of software each MioPocket user should know of: UPX sqeezer. For e.x. running this Win32 application against folder \MioAutoRun\System\CE5 results in a gain of ( 17,960,408 - 6,102,488 = 11,857,920 Bytes ) ~ 12 MB disk-space.

With this hint it concerns the following:
The internal Flash (program memory place) as the internal Bridge to the SD/SDHC map in the PNA's are not the straight fastest in things reading and scanning rate. In both this tip will change nothing, nevertheless can one with the correct means at least the LOAD/START and the storage location of a program improve/make smaller over on average 70%.
Now surely think some: “However moment times, if the file is compressed/packed must it only again be unpacked to become”. That is correct, but that unpack in the RAM goes substantially faster than the complete reading the unpacked or badly compressed original EXE. Because as the RAM neither the Flash memory nor the SD/SDHC map are as fast owing to the slow Bridge eh are expenditure-braked.

A ready-for-use Win32 package authored by Geistteufel you can obtain here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=3540501&postcount=92

Edited by - jwoegerbauer on 22 janv. 2010 12:21:53
Go to Top of Page

DoDoubleGeo

USA
167 Posts

Posted - 22 janv. 2010 :  15:03:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think Osprey has been using UPX for some time now to compress files - probably not all of them though. There were concerns with compressing DLL and CPL files that may contain resources that other files & programs may need.

Go to Top of Page

bumbum

519 Posts

Posted - 22 janv. 2010 :  15:07:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@DoDoubleGeo

thanks for the script, which works and I can see the changes in registry, but unfortunately brightness is not changing.
I also tried BackLightLevel instead of Brightness.

Go to Top of Page

jwoegerbauer

1865 Posts

Posted - 22 janv. 2010 :  17:27:06  Show Profile  Visit jwoegerbauer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
@DoDoubleGeo,

you are right: some files are compressed via UPX, as shown exemplarily with folder \MioAutoRun\Programs

Go to Top of Page

bumbum

519 Posts

Posted - 23 janv. 2010 :  14:31:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
it seems, for my device, it's not possible to steer backlight via registry settings. Only chance is to start Original shell.exe and kill it, after a while
Run("\My Flash Disk\MNAV\Shell.exe")
Sleep(1000)
If ( WndExists( "BeckerShell" ) )
Close( "BeckerShell" )
Endif
Sleep(500)
If ( ProcExists( "Shell.EXE" ) )
Kill( "Shell.EXE" )
EndIf

I found now, that backlight settings via shell.exe are based in Shellprefs.ini

[Brightness]
showdaybrightness = 1
brightnessDay = 8
brightnessDayBattery = 8
brightnessNight = 2
lastskin = Becker_High_day
savepower = 1

There I can change brightness from 1 to 8 and as soon as I start shell script, brightness changes as I want.
I am wondering, if there could be a working script solution done, combining the above written script proposals with this ini?
I believe many of Becker or Medion users could be interested in, as addon for Miopocket.

Edit:

I was able to create this script and it works on Becker 7928. Could easily adapted also for other devices, where a shell.exe or menu.exe is the only way to change backlight

###BEGIN SCRIPT###
#
#This script is for changing backlight and Moodlight on Becker 7928
#
#Set the size of each menu item and the size of the font
SetChoiceEntryFormat(26, 19, FontName)

Choice("BrightnessMoodlightsettings", "Choose wether you want to change Brightness or Moodlight", "Brightness", " ", "MoodLight")
case 1
Call("BrightnessSubMenu")
case 2
#Blank space to provide separation between the sub-menu options and the Readme link
case 3
Call("MoodlightSubMenu")
case 0
Call("Exit")
EndChoice

Sub BrightnessSubMenu
#Set the size of each menu item and the size of the font
#
SetChoiceEntryFormat(19, 12, FontName)
#
#Retrieve settings from Shellprefs.ini
bright = IniRead("\My Flash Disk\MNAV\Shellprefs.ini", "Brightness", "brightnessDay")

brightdef=1
If(bright =1)
brightdef=1
ElseIf(bright =2)
brightdef=2
ElseIf(bright=3)
brightdef=3
ElseIf(bright=4)
brightdef=4
ElseIf(bright=5)
brightdef=5
ElseIf(bright=6)
brightdef=6
ElseIf(bright=7)
brightdef=7
ElseIf(bright=8)
brightdef=8
Else
brightdef=7
EndIf

ChoiceDefault("Brightness Settings", "BRIGHTNESS/BACKLIGHT SETTINGS^NL^^NL^** Choose Brightness **", brightdef,0,"30%", "40%","50%", "60%", "70%", "80%","90%", "100%")

case 1
brightNew = 1
case 2
brightNew = 2
case 3
brightNew = 3
case 4
brightNew = 4
case 5
brightNew = 5
case 6
brightNew = 6
case 7
brightNew = 7
case 8
brightNew = 8
case 0
Exit
EndChoice

If(bright ne brightNew)
IniWrite("\My Flash Disk\MNAV\Shellprefs.ini", "Brightness", "brightnessDay", brightNew)
Sleep(50)
EndIf
Close( "BeckerShell" )
EndIf
Sleep(200)
Kill( "Shell.EXE" )
EndIf
EndSub

Sub MoodLightSubMenu

ChoiceDefault("Moodlightsettings", "Moodlight SETTINGS^NL^^NL^** Choose Moodlight **", brightdef,0,"BLUE", "RED","OFF")

case 1
IniWrite("\My Flash Disk\MNAV\Shellprefs.ini", "Moodlight", "Mode", "BLUE")
case 2
IniWrite("\My Flash Disk\MNAV\Shellprefs.ini", "Moodlight", "Mode", "RED")
case 3
IniWrite("\My Flash Disk\MNAV\Shellprefs.ini", "Moodlight", "Mode", "OFF")
case 0
Exit
EndChoice

Sleep(100)
Close( "BeckerShell" )
EndIf
Sleep(200)
Kill( "Shell.EXE" )
EndIf
EndSub

###END SCRIPT###

Thanks all for help!!!

Edited by - bumbum on 24 janv. 2010 22:47:07
Go to Top of Page

Osprey

USA
2764 Posts

Posted - 24 janv. 2010 :  03:31:41  Show Profile  Visit Osprey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
jwoegerbauer,
Problems tend to surface when DLLs are compressed. Months ago, I tried compressing all DLLs in the MioAutoRun\System folder and it created all kinds of problems in MioPocket. Regarding .EXE files, the largest ones are already compressed. I haven't bothered to compress ones under 100KB, since 1) the space savings wouldn't be very significant, and 2) it wouldn't, IMO, be worth the risk of the possibly that, like the DLLs, not all of the EXEs would like being compressed or work on all devices. So, MioPocket's files are already compressed as much as I'm comfortable doing and would significantly increase space, but it was a good thought.
BTW, thanks for creating this thread. I like it.

Mio C320 (US), R40 firmware, WinCE 5.0 Core, MioPocket 4.0 Release 68
Latest MioPocket: MioPocket 4.0 (Release 68) - Dec 6, 2010 & ReadMe

Edited by - Osprey on 24 janv. 2010 03:34:57
Go to Top of Page

bumbum

519 Posts

Posted - 24 janv. 2010 :  12:15:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

BTW, thanks for creating this thread. I like it.

Osprey, you could pin that thread in your signature?

Go to Top of Page

daniHG

60 Posts

Posted - 25 janv. 2010 :  11:42:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Another powerful utility for MioPocket power users

I would like to make interested MP users attentive on the fact that there are NScript beside MortScript still, an original tool that will allow you to execute scripts on your PNA. In 2008 the author has added a number of interesting functions. I won't describe them all here, they are too many, but this tiny program (125 KB) has become a quite powerful tool:

Registry modifications
management of fonts
programs
files
standard databases
system values
etc...

all is possible by writing little NScript scripts.

For e.x.
savereg.ns

function main()
{
st=getdate("ddMMyy")+gettime("hhmmss");
puts("xxxx"+st+".reg\n");
s="HKLM"+st+".reg";
puts("HKLM: ");
puts(rgexport("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE","",s));
puts("\n");
s="";
s="HKCU"+st+".reg";
puts("HKCU: ");
puts(rgexport("HKEY_CURRENT_USER","",s));
puts("\n");
s="";
s="HKCR"+st+".reg";
puts("HKCR: ");
puts(rgexport("HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT","",s));
puts("\n");
}

This powerful utility for power users you can get here .

Go to Top of Page

Lexan

USA
28 Posts

Posted - 26 janv. 2010 :  07:14:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I came across Virtual Earth for CE5 and it works great and it's free. It has some GPS support, you hit locate and GPS shows location on virtual earth map, you can hit locate as many times as you want. It allows for road, traffic, aerial, road and aerial map display. You need to be connected to active sync and connected to Internet while you load maps that you want. The maps are cached on device(settings allow you to choose flash or SD memory) memory, and size of cache is a setting. Doesn't have to be online to use the cached maps, or the GPS functions. here is link, Click on Virtual Earth Mobile

http://viavirtualearth.com/vvearchive/gallery/vemobile.ashx

Mio Moov M400, MioMap 2009, MioPocket 3.0 R57, Windows CE 5.0

Edited by - Lexan on 26 janv. 2010 07:15:31
Go to Top of Page

ml.906090

Germany
15 Posts

Posted - 26 janv. 2010 :  12:20:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great thing, this thread. Thanks jwoegerbauer that you called this into the life. Here my contribution:

Generally, SD/SDHC Memory Card file systems formatted with generic operating system formatting software do not comply with the SD Memory Card specification. Hence use the free formatting tool sdfv2003.exe by Panasonic Corporation, downloadable here .
Go to Top of Page

jwoegerbauer

1865 Posts

Posted - 26 janv. 2010 :  14:36:23  Show Profile  Visit jwoegerbauer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
A:

In MP's Rel.57 Unlock.mscr one can read:

#Add a NOTIFICATION_EVENT_RS232_DETECTED notification event that will launch repllog.exe when an RS232 connection is made
#First remove the old one to avoid duplicates
RunWait(ProgramsFolder\"TroNik\CeRunAppAtEvent.exe", "repllog.exe NONE")
RunWait(ProgramsFolder\"TroNik\CeRunAppAtEvent.exe", "repllog.exe RS232_DETECTED")

In MP's Rel.57 StartupPrograms.mscr one can read:

#Add repllog.exe (USB connector) to the CE notifications table to (possibly) facilitate ActiveSync connections
RunWait(ProgramsFolder\"Tronik\CeRunAppAtEvent.exe", "repllog.exe NONE")
RunWait(ProgramsFolder\"Tronik\CeRunAppAtEvent.exe", "repllog.exe RS232_DETECTED")

Microsoft states "Don't reboot with a Pocket PC connected to the desktop via any connection method - Infrared, Serial, USB or Ethernet."

Regarding this recommendation of MS, and since it makes after my view at all no sense to force in Unlock.mscr the start from ActiveSync to because with Unlock.mscr in turn a soft-reset is made, one should remove or at least block the lines from Unlock.mscr by inserting a # at the beginning of the respective lines.

And, in order to go completely safe, one should even stop ActiveSync, if it is active, by setting the following lines to the beginning of Unlock.mscr

#Remove repllog.exe (USB connector) from the CE notifications table
RunWait(ProgramsFolder\"TroNik\CeRunAppAtEvent.exe", "repllog.exe NONE")
If(ProcExist("repllog.exe"))
BigMessage("Disconnect your Mobile Device from the USB cradle/cable.", "Security advice")
Kill("repllog.exe")
Sleep 500
EndIf

B:

The registry-flusher built into CE is not white so quite a lazy dog, when it becomes active. MS guarantees only that registry-flusher on preceding endorser one brings, if a shut-down of the device is made. TroNik has a tool made, with which the update of registry can be forced: RegFlushKey.exe. As far as I see it, this is found in \Programs\TroNik, there is however no use of this utility, neither in Unlock.mscr, nor in PowerPrompt.mscr. I recommend it to add this tool the two scripts named to.

My suggestion:

Unlock.mscr
#Import registry files

#file asscociation were imported
RunWait(ProgramsFolder\"TroNik\RegFlushKey.exe", "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT")
#all other imports
RunWait(ProgramsFolder\"TroNik\RegFlushKey.exe", "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE")

PowerPrompt.mscr
case 3
RunWait(ProgramsFolder\"TroNik\RegFlushKey.exe", "HKEY_CURRENT_USER")

Call("RegistryBackup", "reset")
Call("BackupDateTime")
Run(ProgramsFolder\"Restart.exe")
case 4
RunWait(ProgramsFolder\"TroNik\RegFlushKey.exe", "HKEY_CURRENT_USER")

Call("BackupDateTime")
Run(ProgramsFolder\"HardReset.exe")

Edited by - jwoegerbauer on 26 janv. 2010 16:30:53
Go to Top of Page

Osprey

USA
2764 Posts

Posted - 26 janv. 2010 :  23:47:17  Show Profile  Visit Osprey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
daniHG,
Interesting. Have you found any good uses for Nscript that can't be done with MortScript?

Lexan,
That's awesome. I've tried multiple times to get Google Maps working on these devices and have failed each time. It's great that VirtualEarth (i.e. "Bing Maps", Microsoft's offering) works. I take it that it is solely for internet connections, no provision for offline use, right?

jwoegerbauer,
I think that you misunderstand what those lines do. They simply create a notification event in WinCE that establishes a data connection whenever a USB cable is plugged in (as you would expect). If the event didn't exist, you'd plug your USB data cable into the device and nothing would happen. Nearly every device comes with the event already configured, but MioPocket sets it just in case some devices don't come with it. If you need any more convincing, you can go back 10 or 15 releases and find that MioPocket has had those lines for a long time, so they're certainly not new and untested.

Edited by - Osprey on 27 janv. 2010 04:59:02
Go to Top of Page

Lexan

USA
28 Posts

Posted - 27 janv. 2010 :  00:56:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Osprey,

Yeah I can never get google to work either, but Microsoft VE works great. It does work offline as long as you have loaded the maps beforehand. I tested this out thoroughly and as long as the map is in cache it operates like I am on the internet. You can set the size of the cache folder, it is defaulted at 500k, but I set my to 100Megs. You can set where the cache folder is located (SD or Flash memory). I use it for Hunting and Hiking cause of aerial view, so I mainly just load up maps of Parks. The only issue I have had is if I hard reset there is a registry setting that won't save so I reload cab file, not a big deal cause all maps stay saved unless you delete them. One last thing is you can make a backup of cache folder on your pc, which will allow you to view maps in thumbnail. Then you can pick and choose what maps you want to save space, just remember to backup everytime you load a new map.

P.S. Plus is will allow you to pull maps up by Long/Lat, if you open up your favorite PC mapping software and find the spot you want then enter that into VE, then it loads it up. Once it loads up it is saved in cache folder and can be used anytime, internet or not.

Edited by - Lexan on 27 janv. 2010 01:04:15
Go to Top of Page

daniHG

60 Posts

Posted - 27 janv. 2010 :  12:40:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Osprey,

do not waste your time with NScript: it is not a replacement for MortScript, and is also none to become: MortScript has to offer more at functionality. Why did I on NScript make attentive? Those all-side well-known "C"-syntax is used here, and not a pseudo basic as with MortScript. Who knows thus "C" - or Javascript -, NScript to appreciate.

Go to Top of Page

Osprey

USA
2764 Posts

Posted - 29 janv. 2010 :  08:40:04  Show Profile  Visit Osprey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Lexan, anyone,
Here's Virtual Earth Mobile, packaged for MioPocket: VirtualEarthMobile.zip

You'll notice, Lexan, that I've included the registry settings that are needed to allow VE to work across hard resets. Also, I've made the window maximize on launch. Finally, and this a bit of a treat, I've created a "control pad" that makes the app far more user-friendly on our devices. I'll be including all of this in the next release of MioPocket, but I thought that you, particularly, since you use VE for hiking now, might appreciate what I added. Just copy the folders over your MioPocket and run the MioAutoRun\Scripts\VirtualEarthMobile.mscr script to launch it or edit an icon to point to that script. Enjoy and thanks again for bringing my attention to this app!

Edited by - Osprey on 29 janv. 2010 12:12:59
Go to Top of Page

daniHG

60 Posts

Posted - 29 janv. 2010 :  18:36:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
CKE - yet another text editor

Note:
Before one can use this freeware program (237 KB) for editing .mscr files, the file cke.opt must be extended by the following section, otherwise it does not go really:

<clases>
<mscr>
closebrackets = ")]"
colores =
{16711680,10040064,8388608,3368550,13209,8388736,16711833,13408512,7829367,32768,13145750,9856100}
delimiters = " ,.;:-=?!+"
filter = {"*.mscr"}
fontcleartype = 1
fontfamily = "Courier New"
fontflags = 0
fontproof = 0
fontsize = 75
fontstyle = "Normal"
fontwidthrel = 90
hassyntax = 0
indent = 1
linespacing = 0
openbrackets = "(["
relindent = 2
syntaxfile = "mscr.syntax"
tabsize = 2
wordwrap = 1
</mscr>

Edited by - daniHG on 29 janv. 2010 18:37:23
Go to Top of Page

Lexan

USA
28 Posts

Posted - 30 janv. 2010 :  02:52:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Osprey,

Oh Man! way to go above and beyond the call of duty. I am Impressed to say the least. I will admit I was hoping you would fix the registry problem, but to add a function it couldn't do is awesome. Let me just say it works perfect on my device. Thank you very much.

I use the set start location, and set destination as markers to show me where I am on the map. It is pretty precise showing me within 10 feet of actual spot. I can make sure I am on right path when hiking, and have not went down wrong path. Hunting is nice, pick a nice spot or tree in hunting area from home and set as destination. Thanks again, man that is really fun to play with now.

Go to Top of Page

Osprey

USA
2764 Posts

Posted - 30 janv. 2010 :  03:36:39  Show Profile  Visit Osprey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Lexan,
Thanks. You made my day. Also, I had a lot of fun doing it last night, so it was no trouble. Technically, though, VE Mobile could do it before, but you needed either the keyboard on the screen (for the arrow keys) or a device with a hardware directional pad (since the app was designed for smartphones). I just created a MiniBar-like UI element that sends the directional commands that the app already accepted.

Go to Top of Page

jwoegerbauer

1865 Posts

Posted - 31 janv. 2010 :  19:22:31  Show Profile  Visit jwoegerbauer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
A:

MioPocket offers with GPS-utilities TroNik's GPSScan_Debug.exe: probably it enumerates the COM ports on the device, opening each in turn and listens for $GPRMC messages - I at least would have realized in such a way (BTW, thus it is also in principle with "United States patent 6389359 - Methods for automatically detecting GPS hardware" made). This - of GPSScan_Debug always perfectly back supplied information to the device's GPS COM port - to use simply in such a way to thus communicate GPS-applications that is the real GPS-COM to be always used, IMO would be generally a fatal mistake.

B:

You know this: You go into the library around there to read a certain book. Any longer it is not located in the shelf, another guy it already took out and reads in it. You must wait, until the other one placed the book back. What I will say: If you try using two GPS programs reading one port, one of the applications won't be able to read what's coming in. How to overcome this? We need a piece of software, a port-redirector i.e. a virtual COM port driver for local (serial) GPS-port hardware. The purpose of a redirector is to make the virtual GPS COM port exhibit behavior that closely resembles that of a "real" COM port, the virtual GPS COM port is acting as an exact copy of the real one. Data written to physical COM port get to all the virtual COM ports. And vice versa, the data written to virtual COM ports gets to the physical one.

C:

We learned what we need is a handy utility for our device that can split real serial ports into virtual ones, which is a must-be if we need several applications to use the same hardware serial port simultaneously. Each application is assigned its own virtual port, while in fact all of them work with the same real port.

Most nowadays devices running Windows Mobile 6.x have such a port-splitter inbuilt:

[HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver]
"IsEnabled"=dword:00000001
[HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver\Multiplexer]
"DriverInterface"=string "COM4:" ; a Software port is used
[HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver\Multiplexer\ActiveDevice]
"Index" = dword:00000004 ; a Software port is used
[HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver\Drivers]
"InputBufferSize" = dword 0x400
"OutputBufferSize" = dword 0x0400
"SleepOnNoData"= dword 0x03e8
"szActiveDriver" = string "GpsDevice"
"PollInterval" = dword 0x3e8

My Medion (Windows CE 5.0 Core) device also has a redirector utility inbuilt:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\GoPal]
"GPSPort"="VSP1" ; a Software port is used
"GPSBaudrate"=dword:0000E100

D:

Even if you the opinion are now, you would need a port-splitter, because you want to let several GPS-programs run at the same time, I recommend the freeware JAL Port Splitter , downloadable here .

Go to Top of Page

jwoegerbauer

1865 Posts

Posted - 01 févr. 2010 :  09:48:50  Show Profile  Visit jwoegerbauer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Missing the ROMExtractor utility

In MP's main thread I have several times pointed out to the free, tiny ROMExtractor utility, IMO a must-have application.
MP's Rel.57 recent published, does not contain this utility (again) with which one can "extract" DLL / EXE / CPL / ... modules from ROM (files which have the "FILE_ATTRIBUTE_ROMMODULE" set, i.e. files which cannot be copied by using a file manager nor by the ActiveSync).

Edited by - jwoegerbauer on 01 févr. 2010 12:47:07
Go to Top of Page

bumbum

519 Posts

Posted - 02 févr. 2010 :  00:27:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We are on the same page jwoegerbauer! Since I installed Miopocket on my first device, which was WinCE 4.2, since that time I also copied ROM Extractor to Miopocket. Reason: executabilitycheck is a nice toy, but dependecywalker is a grown up tool. So you can pretty better find out problems of not runing programs, extracting dll's to your PC and emulating your devices environment with depends.

What I would wish, if possible, Rom Extractor is not easy to use, you have to type the target folder manualy with keyboard. Some modifications would be nice!

Go to Top of Page

Osprey

USA
2764 Posts

Posted - 02 févr. 2010 :  04:32:10  Show Profile  Visit Osprey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
bumbum,
I agree. I don't know why the author left it in that un-user-friendly state... but I've written a script that makes the app work more like you'd expect it to. It waits until you select a file, then pops up a MortScript folder browser and, once you select an output folder, pastes the folder+filename path into the output field for you. Basically, it does what you would've expected the app to do in the first place. Also, as a bonus, it sorts the file list alphabetically. Download it HERE (includes ROMExtractor.exe for those who can't download from the other link). Important: you need to save it to and run it from MioAutoRun\Scripts AND you need to copy ROMExtractor.exe to MioAutoRun\Programs, where the script tries to run it from.

Edited by - Osprey on 09 févr. 2010 05:13:24
Go to Top of Page

jwoegerbauer

1865 Posts

Posted - 02 févr. 2010 :  09:26:02  Show Profile  Visit jwoegerbauer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
@Osprey,

Dependency Walker shipped with MP Rel.57 is outdated, its version is 2.1.3623.0 and was compiled in 2002. The latest version is 2.2.6000, was compiled in 2006 and is downloadable here.
Go to Top of Page

bumbum

519 Posts

Posted - 02 févr. 2010 :  12:36:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Osprey, but script is not working for me. Yes the mscr starts ROMExtractor.exe, but it is the same like I klick the .exe direct. Unfortunately no pop up of Mortscript folder browser.

Go to Top of Page

daniHG

60 Posts

Posted - 02 févr. 2010 :  14:09:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
WinDiff (by Microsoft) vs. WinMerge (an Open Source project)

These two Win32 apps are a differencing and merging tool for Windows. Both the WinDiff and the WinMerge can compare both folders and files, presenting differences in a visual text format that is easy to understand and handle.
My 'killer' use for Windiff / WinMerge is discovering where application settings correspond to registry values. Thus it's easy for me to create my custom .REG-files to be used within MioPocket's \Registry\Custom.

WinMerge 2.12.4 - latest stable version - is downloadable here.
WinDiff can be found in Options Packs for most Windows versions. Still a lot of people are searching the internet, trying to get WinDiff without downloading huge Option Pack. Hence you might download it from here or here .

Go to Top of Page

Osprey

USA
2764 Posts

Posted - 03 févr. 2010 :  03:17:11  Show Profile  Visit Osprey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
jwoegerbauer,
Thanks.

bumbum,
The script works by looking at the color of a few pixels, so the ROM Extractor window must be rendering slightly differently on your device. Would you mind taking two screenshots for me, one of the ROM Extractor's file selector screen (where all of the contents of \Windows are listed) and the main screen just after you've selected a file? See the "Taking screenshots" section of the Readme if you need to know how to do that. Also, does the file selector window automatically alphabetize the list after a second? Knowing that would tell me which of the two screenshots is more important to look at. Thanks. With a little tweaking, I should be able to make the script work on your device, too.

Edited by - Osprey on 03 févr. 2010 03:18:28
Go to Top of Page

daniHG

60 Posts

Posted - 03 févr. 2010 :  13:40:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Who the opinion was always, there is missing a CSV-reader in MioPocket, can be helped: miri CSV viewer.

Those, which want to use this tool, please not to forget to insert the following lines in MioPocket's \Registry\FileAsscosiations.reg:

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\csvFile]
@="CSV file"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\csvFile\DefaultIcon]
@="\\Storage Card\\MioAutoRun\\Programs\\miriCSVViewerARM.exe,0"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\csvFile\Shell]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\csvFile\Shell\Open]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\csvFile\Shell\Open\Command]
@="\"\\Storage Card\\MioAutoRun\\Programs\\miriCSVViewerARM.exe\" \%1\""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.csv]
@="csvFile"

---------------------

Maxor is a tool to encrypt and decrypt files in a fast but relative secure way. Its simplicity is its strength...
Maxor overwrites the file that has to be encrypted. This means that no (temporary) copy is made. This increases the security, because deleted file can be undeleted. Overwritten files cannot (that's if they're not cached, and it depends on the operating system). This way you don't have to shred files manually.

For e.x. rendered (visible) content of .html-file

Browser: Netscape
Platform: Win32
CPU class: undefined
Version: 5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; de-DE) AppleWebKit/525.28 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.2.2 Safari/525.28.1
User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; de-DE)
AppleWebKit/525.28 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.2.2 Safari/525.28.1
JavaScript: 1.5
Copyright ©2004 Microsoft Corporation.

becomes encrypted (visible)

>8r^BJAXU[G R |XQA\A^WF p^CB\ASEX]] p^_ @XVZG@ CTAVADTU>9?9?9fAT ]U FYXA @]DCPV R^VV [B AFQXTRF G] EZV FTC_@ ]W F[V |XQA\A^WF
V\UG@V@<;^ZPT_AV SVCWV^W_E vg}p F\UT@ DZXRZ J]D ^ZPW_BWW FYXA `}weeraw a`|wgre>9{W K\F UXV ]]E SPPWAE G[W EWA^B \U EYW vg}p J]D SAV _^F RGEY]AZHTU G\ DBW>9FYXA @]DCQV Q^UW t^C R Q^AK \T EZV wd}s B]TS@V BTW GZT ~zpwbwafw ]] K^D@>9[_BFR_^ \WWZS<8 <;{g}?9_TES [FEAVBGXGp]_EW]GeHBV R^\GV\E GVJEZG^^ Q[R@BTFZA^  1 >8 ywrw <;gzf}t >9sS^GG {_EWA]WE wKC^^CWA T^C dZ\U^E@ qt<8fxe~v ?;<8@QCXBG ^P_UFRUT YRDPBQAZBE >9DPC QA]FBWA}S\T  \PG[TRF^CRCBP_V>8GP@ Q@^FAVAdTCAZ\\ ]RDXVSG\@PBCeWCB[\]?;GSA PC^E@V@gT@@Z]_G^ CR@BTt_\SEPA\EBT@eV@BX]]?;GSA Q^UW}R_T \RE[VPF\APABp\VTS^V?;GSA GBT@rTW_E]RDXVSG\@DAVAsVT\G>8GP@ C^PET\A_ _SEZUPE]AB]PFU\@\<8ER@ RBFp^PBA]SGXURG]CQCFq]PA@>8<;TF]QEX]] uTEaPA[AEw]T[_T{]U]I>9 DRA B ?9 B   ?9 B  bR@ZCFt_UZ]W   GWA@[^_ ?; @  `P@XAFv]UX_W~RX^CdVAAX^\   <; A  `QCXBGv\VX\V~[_^@eV@BX]]   <8 B  aRC[CGw_V[]VpDX^WeWCB[\] ?9 CWGF@_A?;L?9>8GP@ YAgT@@Z]_ ?; @PC[CG <;@P@XAF _S_VGRTW xRESbR@ZCF1 ?; ESC X@eWCB[\]1>9BQAZBE?9ARC[CG ]P\TFSVTySGPaPA[AE<8 GP@ YAgT@@Z]_ ?; @P@XAF >8 BQAZBE ^R]UDPUV{PDR`QCXBG >9 DRA [BdVAAX^\<8ARC[CG <;@P@XAF _S_VGRTW xRESbR@ZCF1 ?; ESC X@eWCB[\]1>9BQAZBE?9ARC[CG ]P\TFSVTySGPaPA[AE<8 GP@ YAgT@@Z]_ ?; @P@XAF >8<;{wpu >9?; p|wk SUP\^^Ctwwtuu BQA\^] \\ AEH^VSPQXT@^D\W WWTUUT PRPYVC]F]
VX_RTW D@_PS]FGPVUZU QRQZV@\F\U@VCWPE]\CTBVRF PRPYVC]F]VA]@ZFX^\ P^EF\^ CXU[G<8<8Z_V AAPXW_\U^UZU P^GeYS]X H^G U]C G@Z\V {]GWC_WG wIA^\AWC  U]C eZ]V^FA pw AGJ^T C\AXE[\]PSA\_GET G]A  ^TWF  ?9FPS^V P^CVVA AGJ^T C\AXE[\]PSA\_GET F^A ^VUF  <; ?; FRQ^T P\AVTC EXUF[ >8 e` >8 ev eu >9eu ZW}^U\ Q^]ACR\  Z_V AAPXWT[W R_F f[R\Z K\F W^@ FAX_U z\ET@]VF tJC_]CT@  W^@ d[_U]D@ rteu >9eu fu?9ec >9ec >9eu fu?9fugv<8gv XVc@^U{]U]p][T] R^^@CS_  R^XV\_WWE >9 xv ZV a@\WGRE{]U]1?9 BAS] [U bA\Vx_T\`FH]W @FH]Wexuf{ W^ r~~|a S^RPY t|}f CG ePZ\^S ` aYT^_ v]V >8<; BR@ZCF ]S]TGPVWXPGS@P@XAF ?; W]RD_V]FF@ZGW qA]FBWA S  SC]D@WCS^V Q S@ <; V^RG^V\EEAZFT c^PET\A_ Q  B_RFW^@^  Q SC  <; V^RG^V\EEAZFT
pbd Q_RAB Q  PCGr]S@@ Q S@  <8 U^QF^W_EDA[ET dTCAZ\\ Q  PA\EBT@eV@BX]]  Q SC ?; W]RD_V]FF@ZGW f@WC sTV\E Q  F@WCpUV]F P PA  ?9 U]PF_T_FD@XEW {PDR`QCXBG S  [BdVAAX^\  P PC>8 >9 DRA GT@>8 EV@ tVFbR@ZCFt_UZ]Wx_T\<; V^RG^V\EEAZFTQ   EWC  S 
<8>9 @QCXBG ?; \^BQAZBEaPA[AE ]\F BGCC]CEWW_]@P@XAF >8<; br`zcf }s}tgpvwdsbQAZBE >9 tF]QEX]] uTEaPA[AEw]T[_T{]U]<; vZ^ B<8 @    pFZ^U AGA[_V DZFY \VPWBBSAJ X_T\?; B  aRC[CGw_V[]V   eWCB[\] <8 @  B  aRC[CGw_V[]VP[]AeWCB[\]  ?; B  A  `P@XAFv]UX_W~Z\^CdVAAX^\  >9 A @  bQAZBEt\TZ\TsGZ_VgT@@Z]_ ?9 tWEbQAZBEt\TZ\Tx\U\ A  `VGGC_ G[W CW@F^EB>9 w]W wD\PG[^_?9>8 w[\ DVA?; DTC  uTEaPA[AEw]T[_T{]U]<; U^QF^W_EDA[ET SC Q   EWC  S  <; BQAZBE?9 @CS_?9eu >9e` >8 e` >8 ev eu >9eu fu?9fu?9 BAS] [U q\CKCXU[G BEK_Vf{wgz 2V_ q|}c Q_SRZ u}e BE fR[]\P ~a bZV_^ u^T <;q\CKCXU[G R]CJ  XR@\@]WE p\@A^@RG[^_>9 ACR\<8fu?9fu [W]ZPFGF^_ R_[V_AZUYE fu?9fUgv<8fc?9EPP_V <;@BP_ >9s}wj <;{f|} >9

Edited by - daniHG on 03 févr. 2010 16:32:44
Go to Top of Page

jwoegerbauer

1865 Posts

Posted - 04 févr. 2010 :  13:16:44  Show Profile  Visit jwoegerbauer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
With ACDSee Mobile for Windows CE, a Pocket PC shareware from ACD Systems (45 days free trial) - which runs on CE 5 based devices too - gives you the power to view, browse, organize, edit and share images anywhere. View images quickly. Play slide shows. Browse thumbnails at high speed. You can also add image descriptions and image audio to your digital pictures. This text and sound data can be viewed with ACDSee Mobile on your Pocket PC, or transferred to your desktop PC and viewed with a digital imaging application such as ACDSee. ACDSee Mobile for Windows CE also gives you several image editing features such as crop, resize, rotate and adjust exposure.

e.x. image file \Storage Card\Media\Pictures\NASA Sunset

EDIT:

For your convenience I have made .REG-file ACDSee Mobile.reg you might put into folder \MioAutoRun\Registry\Custom of your MP's copy.

Edited by - jwoegerbauer on 04 févr. 2010 17:34:34
Go to Top of Page

bumbum

519 Posts

Posted - 04 févr. 2010 :  20:09:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Osprey,
quote:
Also, does the file selector window automatically alphabetize the list after a second?

No nothing happens. Behaviour is identical as I start from exe.

Edited by - bumbum on 04 févr. 2010 20:12:09
Go to Top of Page

jwoegerbauer

1865 Posts

Posted - 04 févr. 2010 :  20:31:05  Show Profile  Visit jwoegerbauer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
@bumbum,
why not simply enter "x.dll" in the input field "save to:"? The desired .dll then will be stored in the root of the device, where it can be found easily and renamed, before it is shifted on the PC.
Go to Top of Page

Osprey

USA
2764 Posts

Posted - 05 févr. 2010 :  05:06:07  Show Profile  Visit Osprey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
bumbum,
Thanks for the screenshots. Comparing yours to mine revealed that our two devices are using different fonts and that's the reason why the script didn't work for you. I've altered (and improved) the code to look at a part of the screen that is common to both of our devices (and, hopefully, to all devices), so the new script ought to work on your device. Let me know. Here is the new download.

Edited by - Osprey on 09 févr. 2010 05:12:54
Go to Top of Page

bumbum

519 Posts

Posted - 05 févr. 2010 :  15:53:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@jwoegerbauer
you are right, there's always a way to do, but now it is pretty more comfortable to use, especially if you want to extract not only one dll.

@Osprey
pretty thanks. It works now as per description. A small disadtvantage is, it works only for one dll. As soon as you want to extract another one, you have to restart ROMExtractor. Could it be a solution to restart script after choosing place to store dll? Otherwise leave as it is.

Go to Top of Page

Osprey

USA
2764 Posts

Posted - 06 févr. 2010 :  00:34:41  Show Profile  Visit Osprey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
bumbum,
Thanks. I did test that selecting multiple files works, but I never actually pressed the Extract button, which ended up exiting the script; you're right. Sorry about that. I've fixed it. Here is the new download. Hopefully, there are no more issues. Thanks for helping me test it. Without you, I would've ended up including the first version in MioPocket and it would not have done many people much good.

Edited by - Osprey on 06 févr. 2010 00:39:38
Go to Top of Page

jwoegerbauer

1865 Posts

Posted - 06 févr. 2010 :  13:02:38  Show Profile  Visit jwoegerbauer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
@Osprey,

IMO the \MioAutoRun\Programs\CEFUN utility (View Win32 Functions Supported on Windows CE) with which one can uncover the specific subset of the Win32 API that is supported on a given Windows CE platform is totally outdated and hence useless: it was compiled in 1999 - and it's querying the system only for all known Win32 functions up through Windows CE 2.12. No one today holds a Windows CE 2.x based device in his hands.

MioPocket currently provides the swFlash32 flash-player. The freeware PocketSpark (46 + 48 = 94 KB unUPXed) may be a worthwhile replacement.

Many games are offered in MP's games section. What I'm missing are Mahjongg games, such as the small freeware-mahjongg-games Nankin or Sisenyo

Go to Top of Page

Osprey

USA
2764 Posts

Posted - 06 févr. 2010 :  13:41:35  Show Profile  Visit Osprey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
jwoegerbauer,
1. According to the changelog, TroNik added cefun.exe. I suppose that he had a reason and I wouldn't want to remove it without his input, so I'll just leave it for now.
2. I'll look into it. Thanks. EDIT: PocketSpark has major problems rendering that DragLight animation, unlike the player from Macromedia (which is also a year newer). As I can see in your screenshot (so it's not just my device), the ball isn't antialiased, the floor isn't dithered and the animation isn't fullscreen. Worse, moving the light around is broken, at least for me. Even the demo flash file that comes with PocketSpark looks better in Macromedia's player. Good thought, but the Macromedia player is way, way better.
3. Nankin has been in MioPocket for a long, long time.

Edited by - Osprey on 06 févr. 2010 14:17:19
Go to Top of Page

jwoegerbauer

1865 Posts

Posted - 06 févr. 2010 :  14:07:22  Show Profile  Visit jwoegerbauer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Osprey

jwoegerbauer,
3. Nankin has been in MioPocket for a long, long time.

I ask around apology, I totally surveyed this.
Go to Top of Page

jwoegerbauer

1865 Posts

Posted - 06 févr. 2010 :  14:29:17  Show Profile  Visit jwoegerbauer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Concerning the tools ROMExtractor / Dependency Walker / Executability Check

Hackers might read this article too:
http://cegcc.sourceforge.net/docs/faq.html#MissingDLLImports

HTH
Go to Top of Page

daniHG

60 Posts

Posted - 07 févr. 2010 :  12:03:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
People, which as I it to be completely exactly known want, what during the installation of a CAB file on its device happens, can this find out by means of the following two freeware tools easily:

SSnap 1.01
and
IdiffCE 1.0

BTW:
A program, which probably needs nobody, on which I would like however to make nevertheless attentive: Yyy - a freeware hex-editor for the PNA (less than 100 KB). You can download it from here (40x40 32 Bit icon is included!)

Go to Top of Page

bumbum

519 Posts

Posted - 07 févr. 2010 :  13:12:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Osprey,

ROMExtractor is now perfect! Again thanks! Will you include that into skin in next release?

BTW peinfo should also be mentioned together with depends, execheck and ROMExtractor, alone it seems to be not working on my current device. It says either
"This file is INROM can't open" or "This file is INROM, 0 resources found" On another devices, I tested in the past, it was working perfect.

Some other:

I know that Tronic is/was working on an iPhone shell, which would be great!
I found another one similar. I installed spb mobile shell shareware version on my Pocket PC==> That's a really great shell!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGrfQ7IKGBs
Disadvantage is
1. shareware
2. Needs much RAM memory==> so for my 64MB RAM Pocket PC a complete NoGo to run parallel with navigation Software
3. I don't think it would be easy to install under WinCE

Seeing the download statistics of Miopocket, I am wondering if it could be an Option for SPB to create a downstripped version as an ADDON to Miopocket.
Just a proposal.

Go to Top of Page

jwoegerbauer

1865 Posts

Posted - 08 févr. 2010 :  12:22:09  Show Profile  Visit jwoegerbauer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Give it a try: Oxios Hibernate 1.40

WM_HIBERNATE is a window message that is generated by the Windows operating system and sent to an application when system resources are running low. All applications should get the message and handle it by attempting to release as many resources as possible by unloading processes, destroying windows, or freeing up as much local storage as possible without damaging the internal state of the system. Oxios Hibernate sends WM_HIBERNATE to all applications.

You will not believe how much RAM with this freeware tool easily can be released: for example, I started MioPocket, then started explorer, and finally started Oxios Hibernate

Working link to CAB:
http://www.smartphonefreeware.org/getfile/Oxios_Memory_1.40.cab

(Automatically) Running Oxios Hibernate via MortScript, you simply put these lines at the very end of \MioAutoRun\Scripts\StartupPrograms.mscr:

Local(hWnd,secs,maxSecs)
Run(ProgramsFolder\"Hibernate.exe")
hWnd=0
secs=0
maxSecs=10
While(secs < maxSecs)
hWnd=FindWindow("Oxios Hibernate 1.40",ANYWHERE, 0,0,1)
If((NOT IsEmpty(hWnd)) AND (hWnd ne ""))
SendMessage(hWnd,16,0,0)
Sleep 250
secs=maxSecs
Else
Sleep 1000
secs=secs+1
EndIf
EndWhile

Edited by - jwoegerbauer on 08 févr. 2010 12:23:39
Go to Top of Page

bumbum

519 Posts

Posted - 08 févr. 2010 :  14:44:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@jwoegerbauer

Very interesting. This program looks like FreeUpRAM of sktools

Go to Top of Page

H226

Austria
40 Posts

Posted - 08 févr. 2010 :  18:33:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,

I apologize if this is the wrong place, but I wish to contribute my experiences in exploring and extending MioPocket. Firstly, I want to say thank you jwoegerbauer et a.l. for the work you've put into this thread until now.

Secondly, all should know of DjVuCE. The freeware utility DjVuCE 0.1 lets you view DjVu documents on your Windows CE device. DjVu is an open format for storing and viewing large high-resolution raster images and documents consisting of such images. This format is very space-efficient. DjVu is developed by AT&T company.

For e.x. a 2,46 MB .PDF-file converted (via the free online service Any 2 DjVU) into the DjVU format (normal mode = 300dpi) becomes a 1,13 MB .DJVU-file: 55% saved!

Edited by - H226 on 08 févr. 2010 18:58:18
Go to Top of Page

Osprey

USA
2764 Posts

Posted - 09 févr. 2010 :  04:24:01  Show Profile  Visit Osprey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
bumbum, anyone,
I found one more bug with my ROM Extractor script: it clicks an area of the screen after the program exits, which can produce unwanted results (ex. if added to the first Tools page of the Windows 7 Ultimate 480x272 skin, it'll click on the Explorer icon). This new version fixes that.

bumbum,
It's nice, but it's a commercial application.

jwoegerbauer,
I just tried Hibernate.exe multiple times and after running lots of apps and, every single time, it reported more RAM ("-92KB") used after than before. So, it seems entirely useless on my Mio c320. Perhaps some implementations of WinCE are far better about cleaning up resources than others.

Edited by - Osprey on 09 févr. 2010 05:18:26
Go to Top of Page

drtom

USA
71 Posts

Posted - 10 févr. 2010 :  02:02:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
jwoegerbauer,thank you for your efforts here. i am new to most of what happens here and at mio,,, forum. while i was doing a lot of reading of earlier posts in miopocket, i noted a long one of yours going into
great detail about the step by step process of,,,something over my head. now i want to read it , slowly and i lost my notes!!,,cant find it.
1 do you remember that?, if so pls advise

2 is this a place for info about speed of various sd cards micro,sdhc, sd regular?
i find sd much faster to copy to than micro sdhc in the same reader/writer.
i appreciate the learning opportunity

tom

computers r fun
started with vic 20,much fun. magellan 1700,800, mp 3/57
Go to Top of Page

Osprey

USA
2764 Posts

Posted - 10 févr. 2010 :  02:28:22  Show Profile  Visit Osprey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
drtom,
2. No, I would suggest starting a new thread on SD card comparisons... or you could post in the "Benchmark your WinCE" thread, I suppose.

Go to Top of Page

jwoegerbauer

1865 Posts

Posted - 10 févr. 2010 :  09:13:29  Show Profile  Visit jwoegerbauer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
@drtom

1)
please take me to the hands: I cannot reconstruct it what you especially mean.

2)
if you google for "Benchmark SD card Windows CE" you approximately will get 16.500 results. As Osprey told you, ste has published a benchmark tool that with Rel.57 became part of MioPocket: CETree_SysMetrics.exe.

Note:
All read/write operations at SD-cards are done by software, SD-cards have no mechanical components. And all OEMs worldwide, I assume it, since years use the same SD-card drivers. Hence, that's my oppinion, the speed of a SD-card depends primarily on the relationship of SD-card's cluster-size and the size of the files copied onto (a 4MB - 4*1,048,576B - sized file by a given cluster-size of 512B needs 8,192 read ops, by a given cluster-size of 1024B instead only needs 4,096 read ops, and so forth).

------------

BTW:
All files of type exe, dll and cpl sould be flagged read-only, thus system can page them if needed. This is not MioPocket's default!

Go to Top of Page

drtom

USA
71 Posts

Posted - 10 févr. 2010 :  10:11:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@ jwoegerbauer
1 ok ill keep looking tnx
2 about sd/sdhc, it takes me < 10 min to copy mio,, to sd/ sdhc full size, and apx 1.5 HOURS to copy to microsd with the exact same reader and usb port.

computers r fun
Go to Top of Page

daniHG

60 Posts

Posted - 10 févr. 2010 :  15:00:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
H226 and all,

because the DJVU format was completely unknown to me, I had been occupied with it: simply overwhelming. But the program DjVuCE 0.1 did not convince me, because it does not offer scroll bars (at least not with my device).
Go to Top of Page

jwoegerbauer

1865 Posts

Posted - 10 févr. 2010 :  18:00:58  Show Profile  Visit jwoegerbauer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
By default, when I'm right, in MioPocket 3.0 Rel.57 .NET CF 3.5 is disabled:

Hence I strongly recommend to check your registry HKLM\Software\Microsoft\.NetCompactFramework
Change 3.5 value from "0" to "1"

and additionally in file NetCompactFramework.reg change the key
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\.NETCompactFramework]
"3.5.7283.00"=dword:00000001
too.

Edited by - jwoegerbauer on 10 févr. 2010 18:18:16
Go to Top of Page

ml.906090

Germany
15 Posts

Posted - 10 févr. 2010 :  19:12:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
drtom,

a)
is your card-reader sdhc / microsd / microsdhc compatible, does it have the regular microsd logo or even the regular microsdhc logo?
b)
have you ever tried to run a file system error check on the card before you come to any conclusions, as file system errors are often the cause of misbehaving MicroSD cards. If your computer recognizes it when you plug it into your computer, and you're running Windows, simply go to My Computer and right click on your card. Select "Properties", then the "Tools" tab, then choose "Check now..." under "Error Checking", and run the error check with both boxes checked. It
may take a long time, and if it doesn't complete, try it with only the first box checked. If your card is genuine and the error check completed successfully, then it works as promised.
c)
do you want to run another Win32 (not Vista ready!) benchmark app? Then, to get out effective speed of reading, use the trial version of HDTach, downloadable here: http://www.simplisoftware.com/Public/index.php?request=HdTach.
Go to Top of Page

Osprey

USA
2764 Posts

Posted - 11 févr. 2010 :  09:23:40  Show Profile  Visit Osprey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
jwoegerbauer,
I think that the setting makes a difference only when you have multiple .NET CF versions installed on the same system, and, since MioPocket installs only 3.5, the setting likely makes no difference whichever way you set it. In fact, 0 is what that registry value is set to when .NET CF is installed from its CAB file. Also, .NET CF is absolutely installed and working in MioPocket, as you can easily verify by running any of the included .NET apps (the game Rubik is one, off the top of my head). You can rename "MioAutoRun\Programs\Microsoft .NET CF 3.5" and run one of them to see the kind of error message that you do get when .NET CF is not installed.

Edited by - Osprey on 11 févr. 2010 09:30:34
Go to Top of Page

jwoegerbauer

1865 Posts

Posted - 11 févr. 2010 :  13:00:26  Show Profile  Visit jwoegerbauer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
@Osprey,

that is already correct and (I now me therefore slap) I has it culpably forgotten above to point out that I inserted in file Unlock.mscr the line CallScript("FixNETCompactFramework.mscr") - before importing all the .REG-files - to disable any existing (OEM-preinstalled) other .NET CF version(s).

FYI: That's my script

# FixNETCompactFramework.mscr
#
# .NET CF Release history / Version numbers / Release Dates
# http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.NET_Compact_Framework
#
ErrorLevel("off")
Local()
netCFRegPath="SOFTWARE\Microsoft\.NETCompactFramework"
#
#
If(RegKeyExists("HKLM",netCFRegPath))
#
# populate versions' array
netCFRuntimeVersions[1]="2.0.7045.00"
netCFRuntimeVersions[2]="2.0.6129.00"
netCFRuntimeVersions[3]="2.0.5238.00"
netCFRuntimeVersions[4]="1.0.4292.00"
netCFRuntimeVersions[5]="1.0.3316.00"
netCFRuntimeVersions[6]="1.0.3111.00"
netCFRuntimeVersions[7]="1.0.2268.00"
countVersions=ElementCount(netCFRuntimeVersions)-1
#
# walk the chain
For idx=1 to countVersions
#
# is there a matching value?
If(RegValueExists("HKLM",netCFRegPath,netCFRuntimeVersions[idx]))
#
# yes, hence disable this .NET CF version
RegWriteDword("HKLM",netCFRegPath,netCFRuntimeVersions[idx],0)
EndIf
#
# yield
Sleep 100
Next
#
# clean up
Clear(netCFRuntimeVersions)
EndIf

Go to Top of Page

AME36

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 11 févr. 2010 :  17:43:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Newbie here, just installed and I was wondering how and where do I get the other GPS Applications? I would love to have Garmin or Navigon or even IGO 8 but I cannot find the software with maps for the US versions anywhere online. Also, is there a way to change the Windows 7 skin's menu background? I already have the bmp I want as the CE desktop wallpaper.

C720-Mio Pocketed
Go to Top of Page

Osprey

USA
2764 Posts

Posted - 12 févr. 2010 :  03:47:56  Show Profile  Visit Osprey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
AME36,
You can replace MioAutoRun\Skin\Backgrounds\Windows7Ultimate.bmp to change the background. Be aware, though, that you won't be able to change the background of the top bar buttons.

Go to Top of Page

drtom

USA
71 Posts

Posted - 12 févr. 2010 :  05:46:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ml.906090
first, my cards work fine, no problems, it just takes apx 10 min to copy files to reg sd card or full size sdhc and apx 1.5 hours to copy same files to micro sdhc in adapter,in same reader/writer.

a, the reader is plain white sdhc full size, came with my first sdhc card. it is only for sd format cards,no others and i use an adapter for micro.
i have not run diagnostics as i didnt see a need.

i guess the question, is there a difference , full sise and micro??
i used a 256 mb micro an also 2 gig and 8 gig micro, all take over 1 hr.

tom

computers r fun
Go to Top of Page

ml.906090

Germany
15 Posts

Posted - 12 févr. 2010 :  13:09:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
drtom,
AFAIK, all microSD cards are backward compatible with electronic devices (card-readers) that are SD enabled. By using an appropriate adapter, the microSD card can easily and quickly be inserted into any device that supports a standard SD or miniSD Card. That's my little and only knowledge about microSD card, perhaps other mates here around may give you further help.
BTW, did you try it out once in another card-reader?
Go to Top of Page

jwoegerbauer

1865 Posts

Posted - 12 févr. 2010 :  18:08:14  Show Profile  Visit jwoegerbauer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
What you may NOT know

is that when CF 3.5 is installed on a device, applications that target previous versions of the Compact Framework will continue to run against the old versions, and 3.5 and previous versions will live side by side on the device. This causes a problem, namely users who deploy CF 3.5 to their device but use applications targeting older versions will not benefit from the 3.5 performance improvements.
Thankfully, help is at hand in the form of a little known Compact Framework 3.5 powertoy named .Net Configuration. This application, which is available here, provides the user with full granularity of control over the .NET CF on their device. You can see installed versions, change the used CF version for a particular application or change the used CF version for all applications run on your device! Perfect!

Please unzip at the desktop PC and then copy the whole folder onto your PNA (\MioAutoRun\Programs). Afterwards "NetCFCfg" start. There under "Application Policy" then in the upper field select the .NET application of your choice and down "3.5.7283" select.

HTH

Edited by - jwoegerbauer on 12 févr. 2010 18:33:24
Go to Top of Page

daniHG

60 Posts

Posted - 12 févr. 2010 :  21:16:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ceconfig.h ???

Every Windows CE device has a file named ceconfig.h in the "\Windows" folder. This file can be used to determine the license level of a Windows CE OS. ceconfig.h is created when a Windows CE OS project (by the OEM) is built. ceconfig.h contains macro definitions for the OS components included in the project. In other words, it can tell the "C" code about the features that will be available at runtime.
For example, some Windows CE OS’s include "ToolHelpAPI", which is a collection of functions that can be used to gather information at runtime. But "ToolHelpAPI" is optional. If the OS includes "ToolHelpAPI", then ceconfig.h will contain:

#define CE_MODULES_TOOLHELP 1

For demonstration purposes here is an excerpt of ceconfig.h for the Mio Mitac A701

#define CE_MODULES_COREDLL 1
#define CE_MODULES_NK 1
#define CE_MODULES_IMJP31 1
#define CE_MODULES_IMJP31K 1
#define CE_MODULES_IMJP31_DICS_COMPACT 1
#define CE_MODULES_IMJP31DX_Q 1
#define CE_MODULES_COMMCTRL 1
#define CE_MODULES_COMMDLG 1
#define CE_MODULES_SHELL 1
#define CE_MODULES_LOADDBG 1
#define CE_MODULES_SHELLCELOG 1
#define CE_MODULES_OSAXST0 1
#define CE_MODULES_RELFSD 1
#define CE_MODULES_SCARD 1
#define CE_MODULES_WINSCARD 1
#define CE_MODULES_SECUR32 1
#define CE_MODULES_NTLMSSP 1
#define CE_MODULES_NTLMSSP_SVC 1
#define CE_MODULES_SPNEGO 1
#define CE_MODULES_SCHANNEL 1
#define CE_MODULES_CREDMAN 1
#define CE_MODULES_PCL 1
#define CE_MODULES_PRNPORT 1
#define CE_MODULES_PRNERR 1
#define CE_MODULES_WLDAP32 1
#define CE_MODULES_ASYNCMAC 1
#define CE_MODULES_UNIMODEM 1
#define CE_MODULES_TCPSTK 1
#define CE_MODULES_TCPIP6 1
#define CE_MODULES_IPV6HLP 1
#define CE_MODULES_DHCPV6L 1
#define CE_MODULES_IRDASTK 1
#define CE_MODULES_WINSOCK 1
#define CE_MODULES_AFD 1
#define CE_MODULES_WS2 1
#define CE_MODULES_WS2INSTL 1
#define CE_MODULES_WSPM 1
#define CE_MODULES_NSPM 1
#define CE_MODULES_SSLLSP 1
#define CE_MODULES_RTL8139 1
#define CE_MODULES_E100BEX 1
#define CE_MODULES_SMSC100FD 1
#define CE_MODULES_DP83815 1
#define CE_MODULES_NE2000 1
#define CE_MODULES_DHCP 1
#define CE_MODULES_ETHMAN 1
#define CE_MODULES_WZCSVC 1
#define CE_MODULES_WZCSAPI 1
#define CE_MODULES_PCX500 1
#define CE_MODULES_ISLP2NDS 1
#define CE_MODULES_WLCLIENT 1
#define CE_MODULES_WZCTOOL 1
#define CE_MODULES_EAPOL 1
#define CE_MODULES_EAP 1
#define CE_MODULES_EAPCHAP 1
#define CE_MODULES_EAPTLS 1
#define CE_MODULES_NETMUI 1
#define CE_MODULES_NDISUIO 1
#define CE_MODULES_VEIM 1
#define CE_MODULES_DHCPSRV 1
#define CE_MODULES_NDIS 1
#define CE_MODULES_PPP 1
#define CE_MODULES_IRCOMM 1
#define CE_MODULES_TAPI 1
#define CE_MODULES_PPTP 1
#define CE_MODULES_L2TP 1
#define CE_MODULES_IPSEC 1
#define CE_MODULES_IPSECSVC 1
#define CE_MODULES_RSAENH 1
#define CE_MODULES_DSSDH 1
#define CE_MODULES_CRYPT32 1
#define CE_MODULES_MSASN1 1
#define CE_MODULES_REDIR 1
#define CE_MODULES_NETBIOS 1
#define CE_MODULES_BTD 1
#define CE_MODULES_BTDRT 1
#define CE_MODULES_BTHHID 1
#define CE_MODULES_BTA2DP 1
#define CE_MODULES_SBC 1
#define CE_MODULES_BTHUART 1
#define CE_MODULES_BTHAMB 1
#define CE_MODULES_BTHSC 1
#define CE_MODULES_BTHCSR 1
#define CE_MODULES_BTHUNIV 1
#define CE_MODULES_WENDYSER 1
#define CE_MODULES_WCESTREAMBT 1
#define CE_MODULES_SIO950 1
#define CE_MODULES_IPHLPAPI 1
#define CE_MODULES_SOFTKB 1
#define CE_MODULES_KEYBD 1
#define CE_MODULES_POINTER 1
#define CE_MODULES_DISPLAY 1
#define CE_MODULES_FONTS 1
#define CE_MODULES_D3DMDRIVERS 1
#define CE_MODULES_DDGUID 1
#define CE_MODULES_GSM610 1
#define CE_MODULES_WAVEAPI 1
#define CE_MODULES_AUDIODRV 1
#define CE_MODULES_WAVESAMPLES 1
#define CE_MODULES_GPSID 1
#define CE_MODULES_GPSAPI 1
#define CE_MODULES_CXPORT 1
#define CE_MODULES_BATTDRVR 1
#define CE_MODULES_NLEDDRVR 1
#define CE_MODULES_DEVICE 1
#define CE_MODULES_REGENUM 1
#define CE_MODULES_BUSENUM 1
#define CE_MODULES_PM 1
#define CE_MODULES_GIISR 1
#define CE_MODULES_MMTIMER 1
#define CE_MODULES_PCI 1
#define CE_MODULES_PCMCIA 1
#define CE_MODULES_PCMCONV 1
#define CE_MODULES_SERIAL 1
#define CE_MODULES_PCCARD 1
#define CE_MODULES_8042KEYBOARD 1
#define CE_MODULES_NOPKEYBOARD 1
#define CE_MODULES_CSP 1
#define CE_MODULES_CSP_MININPUT 1
#define CE_MODULES_ATADISK 1
#define CE_MODULES_HIDPARSE 1
#define CE_MODULES_KBDHID 1
#define CE_MODULES_CONSHID 1
#define CE_MODULES_USBFN 1
#define CE_MODULES_RNDISFN 1
#define CE_MODULES_SERIALUSBFN 1
#define CE_MODULES_RAMFMD 1
#define CE_MODULES_CEDDK 1
#define CE_MODULES_FATFSD 1
#define CE_MODULES_TFAT 1
#define CE_MODULES_FATUTIL 1
#define CE_MODULES_DISKCACHE 1
#define CE_MODULES_IMGUPD 1
#define CE_MODULES_PACKAGEINFOAPI 1
#define CE_MODULES_IMGFS 1
#define CE_MODULES_MSPART 1
#define CE_MODULES_FSDMGR 1
#define CE_MODULES_ZLIB 1
#define CE_MODULES_HWXJPN 1
#define CE_MODULES_HWXKOR 1
#define CE_MODULES_FILESYS 1
#define CE_MODULES_FSREPLXFILT 1
#define CE_MODULES_CECOMPR 1
#define CE_MODULES_TOOLHELP 1
#define CE_MODULES_VMINI 1
#define CE_MODULES_LASSD 1
#define CE_MODULES_RT_TESTS 1
#define CE_MODULES_NOTIFY 1
#define CE_MODULES_BTAGSVC 1
#define CE_MODULES_GWES 1

Long short story:

You can without any fear remove from "\MioAutoRun\System\..." all Dlls listed in ceconfig.h

FYI:
Microsoft provides the tool LicenseTool50.exe that reads ceconfig.h and outputs the license level of the OS. This tool can be downloaded from Microsoft® Windows® CE 5.0 Run-time Assessment Tool for Windows CE 5.0.

Warning: This tool is not intended for Windows CE 5.0 Core !!!

Once you have downloaded the tool, browse and select the ceconfig.h file you wish to assess and then start the tool. The tool will then scan your image and determine which run-time license category your image falls under.

Go to Top of Page

super

15 Posts

Posted - 13 févr. 2010 :  18:52:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'd like to say THANKS all for given support, especially concerning NET CF, it's very much appreciated. I've learned new things here, I never had thought of before.

Edited by - super on 13 févr. 2010 18:53:35
Go to Top of Page

daniHG

60 Posts

Posted - 14 févr. 2010 :  09:47:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Another nice freeware utility: WIMR?

WIMR? will show you a file explorer like list of all files and directories on your device, sorted by size. WIMR? will start at the root of the device, and you can then tap directories to enter them. Use the "up" icon to go back up a level and the "refresh" icon to recalculate the current location if you change something in another application (e.g. a file explorer or in the "remove programs" control panel applet).
But the best:
You can choose to see only files in ROM, RAM or both. This option is to filter out the ROM items which you can't delete anyway (or the other way around: to have a peek at what's in the ROM).
Go to Top of Page

super

15 Posts

Posted - 14 févr. 2010 :  21:38:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Some more NET CF related stuff ...

(Note: I've a MioPocket SD-installation, you must know)

First of all, I'm wondering why NetCFcfg.exe (on-device tool for specifying what version of the NETCF runtime an application will run against, displaying installed versions of NETCF and displaying info about DLLs in the GAC) until now isn't part of MP.

Secondly, yes I know only "shared" files or DLLs should land in the "\Windows" directory to save RAM, I nevertheless moved DLL-files mscoree, mscoree3_5, netcfagl3_5, and netcfd3dm3_5 from "\MioAutoRun\System\CE5" to "\MioAutoRun\Windows\Windows", also moved DLL-files mscorlib and Microsoft.NET CF 3.5 from "\MioAutoRun\Programs\Microsoft.NET CF 3.5" to "\MioAutoRun\Windows\Windows".

Thirdly, as stated here, "NETCF V3.5 can be installed on to the storage card. About 1.2 MB (depends on device) is required on the main storage for that configuration, rest would be located on the storage card." Because I didn't want to figure out what part of NETCF V3.5 must reside on device's main storage, I decided to put the whole (remaining) NETCF V3.5. installation (on SD-card) to device's main storage, i.e. moved folder "\MioAutoRun\Programs\Microsoft .NET CF 3.5" to "\My Flash Disk\Microsoft .NET CF 3.5" and revised file "\MioAutoRun\Registry\NETCompactFramework.reg" accordingly.

Fourth, I additionally added

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Apps]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Apps\Shared]
"\\Windows\\mscoree.dll"=dword:00000001

to file "\MioAutoRun\Registry\NETCompactFramework.reg" and also in this file changed all GAC entries from "dword:00000000" to "dword:00000001", FYI, the same is by default done installing NET CF 3.7 - yes this (still beta) version exists!

Fifth, in order to force a new self-installation of MP, I completely removed the registry entry

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MioPocket]

and then afterwards I did hard-reset the device.

Go to Top of Page

Osprey

USA
2764 Posts

Posted - 15 févr. 2010 :  00:55:43  Show Profile  Visit Osprey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
daniHG and others interested in WIMR,
It's good to know about alternatives, but I should point out that MioPocket already includes TreeSize Mobile, which does exactly the same thing as WIMR. It's nice to learn about WIMR in case there's ever a problem with TreeSize Mobile, so thanks for pointing it out, but other MioPocket users should realize that they don't need to download, install and create an icon for WIMR to get that kind of program in MioPocket; one's already in there.

super,
NetCFcfg.exe is not in MioPocket because MioPocket does not install multiple .NET CF versions (and WinCE Core does not come with .NET CF, so there shouldn't be any pre-installations). Lest there be confusion, having just the latest version installed and using the default behavior is sufficient for just about everyone (except for, maybe, the most advanced of users, hence the NetCFcfg.exe powertoy).

Edited by - Osprey on 15 févr. 2010 01:29:09
Go to Top of Page

jwoegerbauer

1865 Posts

Posted - 16 févr. 2010 :  10:31:56  Show Profile  Visit jwoegerbauer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If you're updating the registry and immediately soft reset you could lose the changes! To overcome this problem I have put into \MioAutorun\Registry\Custom file RegFlusherTweak.reg

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Flush]

; This is default set to 1388 (=5000 ms), which I believe to be a good
; value. For playing around (& resetting often) you could reduce this
; to 03e8 (=1000 ms) which would compromise performance a bit, but gives
; you an (almost) immediately resettable device.

"RegFlushTimeout"=dword:000003e8

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Shell]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Shell\RegFlush]
"Priority256"=dword:000000FF

EDIT:
-----------

Only for experienced users and those who would become such: here (post #2879) I saw an interesting script, which " MExplorer" (MortScript Explorer) is headlined and surely (after some necessary changes) could be taken up to MioPocket.

------------

@Osprey,

thus (for example) I'm starting my iGO navigation application (=> my version of IgoLauncher2.mscr):

ErrorLevel("off")
Call Variables_Navigation
Call Variables_Common
##############

#If the folder used for SiRF InstantFix does not exist, create it
If(DirExists("\My Flash Disk") AND not DirExists("\My Flash Disk\CLM"))
MkDir("\My Flash Disk\CLM")
EndIf

#Start Hibernate.exe to free memory (program must be in \Programs)
Run(ProgramsFolder\"Hibernate.exe")

#Close Hibernate report windows with OK command
x = 0
While (x <= 5)
Sleep 500
OkRequired = WndExists( "Oxios Hibernate 1.40" )
If (OkRequired = True)
SendOK()
x = 6
EndIf
x = x + 1
EndWhile

#Start iGO
NavApp = "iGo"
CallScript("AppLauncher.mscr", NavigationAppFolder[NavApp], NavigationAppEXE[NavApp])

@daniHG,

absolute insanity your contribution "CECONFIG.H": one can save thus some KB (MB) storage memory, and this at times, MioPocket grows and grows!!! Why still none remembered. Thus cleaning up MP would be especially favourable in case of SD-free installation.
And one could think about to install two additional scripts: PreInstallFix.mscr and PostInstallFix.mscr in each case called from within Unlock.mscr

Here my idea of such a script

#PreInstallFix.mscr
ErrorLevel("off")
Call Variables_Common
##############

If(CeVersion >= 5)
# deletes 3,76 MB
DelTree(SystemFolder\"CE4")
Else
# deletes 17,2 MB
DelTree(SystemFolder\"CE5")
EndIf
Sleep 1000

#
#skin related clean-ups
#
#note:
#this requires all BMP/INI-files have the resolution in its
#filename
#remove background-images not suitably the device's resolution
removeBackgrounds=0
#remove bitmaps not suitably the device's resolution
removeBitmaps=0
#remove pages not suitably the device's resolution
removePages=0

mask=""&ScreenWidth()&"x"&ScreenHeight()
If(removeBackgrounds)
ForEach bmp in files("\MioAutoRun\Skin\Backgrounds\*.bmp")
If(Find(FileBase(bmp), mask, 1))
Delete(bmp)
EndIf
Sleep 100
EndForEach
EndIf

If(removeBitmaps)
ForEach bmp in files("\MioAutoRun\Skin\Bitmaps\*.bmp")
If(Find(FileBase(bmp), mask, 1))
Delete(bmp)
EndIf
Sleep 100
EndForEach
EndIf

If(removePages)
ForEach ini in files("\MioAutoRun\Skin\Pages\*.ini")
If(Find(FileBase(ini), mask, 1))
Delete(ini)
EndIf
Sleep 100
EndForEach
EndIf

Edited by - jwoegerbauer on 16 févr. 2010 16:25:04
Go to Top of Page

daniHG

60 Posts

Posted - 16 févr. 2010 :  22:55:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
jwoegerbauer,

Yes we can,
and here is the script I wrote for testing purpose:

debug=1
#step1
If(debug)
Message("Start 1")
start1=TimeStamp()
EndIf
WinDir="\Windows"
i=0
ForEach exe in Files(WinDir\"*.exe")
i=i+1
exeFiles[i]=FileBase(exe)&FileExt(exe)
EndForEach
j=0
ForEach dll in Files(WinDir\"*.dll")
j=j+1
dllFiles[i]=FileBase(dll)&FileExt(dll)
EndForEach
k=0
ForEach cpl in Files(WinDir\"*.cpl")
k=k+1
cplFiles[i]=FileBase(cpl)&FileExt(dll)
EndForEach
If(debug)
end1=TimeStamp()
Message("End 1: "& (end1 - start1) & "s^NL^Files in RAM: " &(i+j+k))
EndIf
#step2
If(debug)
Message("Start 2")
start2=TimeStamp()
EndIf
j=0
sizeDeleted=0
WinDir="\Storage Card\MioAutoRun\System\"
For i=1 To (ElementCount(exeFiles)-1)
If(FileExists(WinDir&exeFiles[i]))
j=j+1
sizeDeleted=sizeDeleted+FileSize(WinDir&exeFiles[i])
Delete(WinDir&exeFiles[i])
EndIf
Next
For i=1 To (ElementCount(dllFiles)-1)
If(FileExists(WinDir&dllFiles[i]))
j=j+1
sizeDeleted=sizeDeleted+FileSize(WinDir&dllFiles[i])
Delete(WinDir&dllFiles[i])
EndIf
Next
For i=1 To (ElementCount(cplFiles)-1)
If(FileExists(WinDir&cplFiles[i]))
j=j+1
sizeDeleted=sizeDeleted+FileSize(WinDir&cplFiles[i])
Delete(WinDir&cplFiles[i])
EndIf
Next
WinDir="\Storage Card\MioAutoRun\System\CE5\"
For i=1 To (ElementCount(exeFiles)-1)
If(FileExists(WinDir&exeFiles[i]))
j=j+1
sizeDeleted=sizeDeleted+FileSize(WinDir&exeFiles[i])
Delete(WinDir&exeFiles[i])
EndIf
Next
For i=1 To (ElementCount(dllFiles)-1)
If(FileExists(WinDir&dllFiles[i]))
j=j+1
sizeDeleted=sizeDeleted+FileSize(WinDir&dllFiles[i])
Delete(WinDir&dllFiles[i])
EndIf
Next
For i=1 To (ElementCount(cplFiles)-1)
If(FileExists(WinDir&cplFiles[i]))
j=j+1
sizeDeleted=sizeDeleted+FileSize(WinDir&cplFiles[i])
Delete(WinDir&cplFiles[i])
EndIf
Next
If(debug)
end2=TimeStamp()
Message("End 2: "& (end2 - start2) & "s^NL^Files in SYSTEM removed: " & j & "^NL^Gain in storage size: " & (sizeDeleted / 1024) & "KB")
EndIf

Go to Top of Page

jwoegerbauer

1865 Posts

Posted - 17 févr. 2010 :  18:13:14  Show Profile  Visit jwoegerbauer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey guys,

if MioPocket runs finally in such a way then, as one introduced oneself it, one can remember the system some more to slim. Why not optimize all scripts, thus all comment lines and blank lines and indentions remove?

Because all files in \MioAutoRun\Scripts scripts are less than 1MB (a MortScript limitation if using ReadFile command) I risked it, using herefore the MioPocketScriptsTrim script I made, you can download here - if interested in:

#MioPocketScriptsTrim.mscr
Call("Variables_Common")
start=TimeStamp()
k=0
ForEach inFile in files(ScriptsFolder\"*.mscr")
	k=k+1
	outFile=inFile&".trimmed"
	buffer=ReadFile(inFile)
	i=0
	j=0
	ForEach line in split(buffer,"^LF^",TRUE)
		i=i+1
		#
		# skip comment line
		If(CharAt(line,1) ne "#")
			#
			# skip empty line
			If(Length(line))
				WriteFile(outFile,line &"^NL^",1)
				j=j+1
			EndIf
		EndIf
	EndForEach
	Clear(buffer)
	Delete(inFile)
	Rename(outFile,inFile,1)
EndForEach
end=TimeStamp()
Message(""&k&" files processed [Time needed: "&(end-start+1)&"s]","ScriptTrim result")

Running this script in my case resulted in

files: 130
before: 884.320 Bytes
after: 584.323 Bytes
time: 234 Seconds

USE THIS SCRIPT AT YOUR OWN RISK. DON'T FORGET TO BACK-UP THE SCRIPTS FOLDER BEFORE.

If you should experience any problems, let me know.
Go to Top of Page

jwoegerbauer

1865 Posts

Posted - 17 févr. 2010 :  19:49:55  Show Profile  Visit jwoegerbauer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
@Tronik,

can you compile the native DMProcessConfigXML API for us (available since Windows CE 3.0)? THX in advance

FYI: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms852998.aspx

Edited by - jwoegerbauer on 17 févr. 2010 19:50:57
Go to Top of Page

bumbum

519 Posts

Posted - 17 févr. 2010 :  20:45:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am inbetween a little bit scared to post here, cause only understanding half what you are talking about
But please daniHG and jwoegerbauer (and others) go on!

My little contribution is to go after Tronik's iPhone Today app and must say it works great! Currently systeminformation.exe on my device shows 2128kb mem usage while iphonetoday only 151kb!

I don't want to act as a lone wolf, preparing my own skin for iphone/miopocket, therefore I will present a very first adaption.
I make the bottom part, which should representing Miopocket's always reachable apps and I completedy favorites page and part of Navigation.

I believe this as skin could be easily added to Miopocket!?

This the download
http://www.mediafire.com/?jmmg4dn2wth

Edited by - bumbum on 17 févr. 2010 20:48:14
Go to Top of Page

jwoegerbauer

1865 Posts

Posted - 18 févr. 2010 :  15:29:25  Show Profile  Visit jwoegerbauer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
@bumbum,

extraordinarily suffering does to me that you understand only half: even if it is issued in such a way others, I will deliver no more contributions in the future here.

Only for the sake of the order:
The excutable Systeminformation.exe (version 1.6.0.1, created 20.08.2007, as used with MioPocket 3.0 Rel.57) is (unUPX'd) 68KB of size. Systeminformation.exe uses (thus ITaskMgr reports) 2.127KB (2,08MB) of RAM storage. You obviously have overseen Systeminformation.exe each time loads the complete MioPocket skin into RAM memory. The less Systeminformation's skin-resources the less RAM is extensivly used.
Go to Top of Page

bumbum

519 Posts

Posted - 18 févr. 2010 :  17:31:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@jwoegerbauer

come on! I was just kidding, what I probably should not try to do in a foreign language. Always a trap to be misinterpreted. Sorry for that!
What I want to say in clear words, I apreciate this intelligent contributions very much and I clearly understand the results, but I would never be able to create such work for myself.

I understand that sysinfo loads complete Miopocket skin into RAM and it is then 2.127kb. I inbetween adapted most of Windows7 skin into iPhone today and my estimation is, it will end up approx 500kb RAM usage, which is still an enormus saving.

Go to Top of Page

conte

Italy
27 Posts

Posted - 18 févr. 2010 :  19:52:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Command (in Unlock.mscr)

#Import registry files

takes 11 seconds at my device to be executed.

Can quite be converting all the reg-files into (provisioning) cab-files - to be loaded by CE's default CAB-installer wceload - does this job faster. Did that already try someone?
Go to Top of Page

jwoegerbauer

1865 Posts

Posted - 18 févr. 2010 :  20:04:58  Show Profile  Visit jwoegerbauer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
@bumbum,
then it is good and I will further strive meaningful to contribute here (hope others want this also). Last personal words about your project: I admire your employment. Good luck!!!

Go to Top of Page

bumbum

519 Posts

Posted - 18 févr. 2010 :  21:40:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks jwoegerbauer!

@Osprey

I inbetween adapted the complete Windows7 content to iPhone today.
RAM usage as estimated is 512kb.
It was a lot of work and still some work to go. My next steps will be
1. delete uneccessary icons from folder
2. 2 or 3 icons are not working
3. Replace step by step icons which are not in iphone style (by now I used 80% of Windows 7 icons)

Question to you is, are you willing to include iPhone today into Miopocket? If yes, I would like to ask you for following favours:

1. Could you include that into skin changer?
2. Minibar of Stopworld skin will apply very good in case of style. I saw that, if you rotate stopworld skin to Portrait, Minibar goes from left to right of the screen, including Battery, time etc. Would it be possible to adept this Minibar, having all the features of Windows 7 minibar + Footerbar? My idea is that minibar + Footerbar fitting perfect at the end of Bottom (see my picture), and if a program is started Minibar shrinks to the standard size.

What I want with my 2. question is to decrease/change the icons of the bottom panel. Tronik made something, so flipping pages is not a problem at all, at least not if you deactivate "Right click". But having more space there is a benefit to place some other buttons there e.g. up and down scrolling.
Btw I saw your post regarding vertical pages. I agree that it isn't looking that good to have that icons behind the bottom icons. I am sure this could be solved with some Ghost icons, but on the other hand, so you can see that there is another page.

http://www.mediafire.com/?ozmw0wndiom

@All Others

please give it a try and send feedback. All you have to do is copy iPhoneToday (for the moment only SD installation)to MioAutoRun\Programs and run iPhoneToday.exe if your SD Card is called Storage Card. If not, please change in icons.xml ==> Search and Replace

Edited by - bumbum on 18 févr. 2010 21:56:24
Go to Top of Page

Lexan

USA
28 Posts

Posted - 19 févr. 2010 :  01:02:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think it would be cool to add an iPhoneToday skin to MioPocket. Osprey may be working on something like that. It would give MioPocket even more GUI customization.

@bumbum

nice work, I learned some things looking at your .xml files.

Go to Top of Page

jwoegerbauer

1865 Posts

Posted - 19 févr. 2010 :  17:06:12  Show Profile  Visit jwoegerbauer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
@conte,

the following shows a typical Windows CE .INF-file (excerpt) to be embedded in a Windows CE executable .CAB-file:

[Version] ; Required section
Signature = "$Windows NT$"
Provider = "Microsoft"
CESignature = "$Windows CE$"

[DefaultInstall] ; Required section
AddReg = RegSettings.All

[SourceDisksNames] ; Required section

[SourceDisksFiles] ; Required section

[DestinationDirs] ; Required section

[CEStrings] ; Required section

[Strings] ; Optional section
reg_path_1 = Software\My Applications\My Test App 1
reg_path_2 = Software\My Applications\My Test App 2
reg_path_3 = Software\My Applications\My Test App 3

[RegSettings.All]
HKLM,%reg_path_1%,,0x00000000,alpha ; <default> = "alpha"
HKLM,%reg_path_2%,test,0x00010001,3 ; test = 3
HKLM,%reg_path_3%\new,another,0x00010001,6 ; new\another = 6

The evil is, how bring a .REG-file into the format, as it expects .INF-file in section [RegSettings.All]? IMO this can be achieved only in several steps: REG => XML => [RegSettings.All]. And me currently no program is well-known, which could settle this transformation.

Perhaps but others know such a program.
Go to Top of Page

daniHG

60 Posts

Posted - 19 févr. 2010 :  19:12:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've googled => There exists a REG to INF converter!!!

HTH

Edited by - daniHG on 19 févr. 2010 19:38:30
Go to Top of Page

jwoegerbauer

1865 Posts

Posted - 20 févr. 2010 :  15:25:17  Show Profile  Visit jwoegerbauer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
A (freeware) collection of Win32 tools to do many things to your Windows CE device via Activesync/RAPI is provided by XDA developers here.

These (no GUI) tools are:

pps        - dumps active wince processes
pdblist    - dumps wince databases
pdel       - delete wince file
pdir       - list wince directory
pmkdir     - create wince directory
pget       - copy file from wince
pkill      - kill wince process
preboot    - reboot wince device
ppostmsg   - send/post windows msgs to wince windows
pmemdump   - copy memory block from wince
psetmem    - set RAM memory location in your device
pmemmap    - list available memory blocks on wince
pput       - copy file to wince
pregutl    - manipulate the wince registry
prun       - run program in wince
dump       - hexdump local file.
pdebug     - capture debugoutput of processes
pdocread   - raw read from disk-on-chip in your device
pdocwrite  - raw write from disk-on-chip in your device
psdread    - raw read from sd card in your device
psdwrite   - raw write to the sd card in your device
pnewbmp    - write new bootsplash bitmap to rom
pnewbootloader - replace your bootloader
prapi      - interface to wince provisioning config api

Important:
From the unzipped package file itsutils.dll (378KB) must be copied/moved to \Windows\Windows folder of your MioPocket installation.

@daniHG,

thanks for investigating. Immediately tested REG 2 INF Parser v0.45 - http://tinyurl.com/fgqyfit - and must confirm in principle it's working, but not quite as expected: The version section generated in inf-file

[Version]
Signature=$Windows NT$

isn't Windows CE compliant. I'll try to get a work-around ASAP.
Go to Top of Page

abram

18 Posts

Posted - 21 févr. 2010 :  10:14:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
daniHG,

SSCAN & IDIFFCE, to which you made attentive, what a fantastic set of tools. Finally I can investigate how programs behave during installation and usage, and what areas of my device they are polluting. I think as a result the number of hard resets required to keep the device operational will decrease dramatically.

Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

jb110

19 Posts

Posted - 21 févr. 2010 :  19:00:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Everyone,

I just want to start off by saying I LOVE THIS PLACE!.
Secondly I am hoping that someone can help me with .NET CF 3.5. Simply not one .NET application runs. Thanks in advance.
And by the way, did I tell you that you guys ROCK!. I really appreciate all the work you all do for all of us simpletons.
Go to Top of Page

jwoegerbauer

1865 Posts

Posted - 22 févr. 2010 :  06:48:41  Show Profile  Visit jwoegerbauer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The mystical folder 2577
(Deploying an additional AutoRun)

Your PNA has the feature it can automatically launch an application when any new external storage is detected such as the insertion of a SD/SDHC card. This feature is typically used to provide an auto-install feature for software. However, there is no reason the application launched has to be an installation program.

When the PNA detects that a storage card has been inserted, it looks in the root directory of that card for a directory with a specific name. If that directory exists and contains an application named Autorun.exe, the application is first copied to the \Windows directory, and then launched with a command line string install. When the card is removed, the copy of autorun in the \Windows directory is again launched, this time with a command line of uninstall.

The directory that the PNA searches for depends on the type of CPU in the device because an application must be compiled specifically for a CPU.

ARM powered devices search for directory 2577.

If the PNA doesn't find the appropriate directory, the device looks for an additional directory named 0. If this directory exists, the Autorun.exe application contained within it is assumed to be a Common
Executable Format (CEF) file and is copied to the \Windows directory and launched.

This way you can (temporarily?) run every program you want, simply rename it to Autorun.exe and put it in folder 2577 on the SD card.

For example:

Freeware tool GrabIt will dump the ROM of a WinCE device to a file. It will do this automatically, if you place it on a storage card in the special directory pointed out and name it AutoRun.exe. After you have a dumped rom file, you can use the tool dumprom from forum.xda-developers.com to get the content of the rom file. This is very usefull, as you now get access to files, that are protected on the device itself. For example, you can not get the export function list from shell32.exe on a device (ie with PEInfo), as the file is a eXecute In Place (XIP) file. Now on the Desktop PC, you can get the ROM files from dump.bin extracetd into a directory of your choice and then you can take a look at the file contents.
Go to Top of Page

jwoegerbauer

1865 Posts

Posted - 22 févr. 2010 :  09:20:21  Show Profile  Visit jwoegerbauer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Apology, me again.

1. Get rid of annoying system sounds

How to permanently disable the beep when you plug and unplug the charger or sync cable, disable clicks and taps for key clicks and screen taps, and disable the system Start sound? Simply install file NoClicksAndSounds.reg

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Volume]

;Disable the beep when you plug and unplug the charger or sync cable
"ChargerConnectSound"=""
"ChargerDisconnectSound"=""

;Disable sounds for events, applications:
"Mute"=dword:00000001
"Volume"=dword:4294967295 ; decimal

;Disable clicks and taps for key clicks and screen taps:
"Screen"=dword:65536 ;decimal
"Key"=dword:65536 ;decimal

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Sounds]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Sounds\SystemStart]

;Disable System Start Sound
"Sound"=""

by putting it in folder \MioAutoRun\Registry\Custom and subsequently perform a soft-reset.

2. Disabling the Message Box In Oxios Memory Apps

Yes, no more nagging prompts, when you use the hacked versions downloadable here
Go to Top of Page

Osprey

USA
2764 Posts

Posted - 23 févr. 2010 :  05:16:27  Show Profile  Visit Osprey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
jwoegerbauer,
The 2577 technique does not work on my Mio c320. I'm thinking that is a PocketPC/WindowsMobile-only feature (not something available in CE Core). Did this really work on your PNA?

Edited by - Osprey on 23 févr. 2010 05:50:33
Go to Top of Page

jwoegerbauer

1865 Posts

Posted - 23 févr. 2010 :  12:57:58  Show Profile  Visit jwoegerbauer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
@Osprey,

1)
AutoRun (<sd card>\2577)

you are right, I couldn't verify it, because at my device it functions neither with <sd card>\2577 nor with <sd card>\AutorunCe: both (deliberately?) blocked by OEM. To overcome this evil I put as work-around in StartupPrograms.mscr the lines as following:

#Add AutoRunMgr.exe (autoruns <sd card>\2577\autorun.exe) to the CE notifications table to (possibly) facilitate SD card injections
Copy(ProgramsFolder\"TroNik\AutoRunMgr.exe", "\Windows\AutoRunMgr.exe")
Sleep 250
RunWait(ProgramsFolder\"TroNik\CeRunAppAtEvent.exe", "AutoRunMgr.exe NONE")
RunWait(ProgramsFolder\"TroNik\CeRunAppAtEvent.exe", "AutoRunMgr.exe DEVICE_CHANGE")

This definitely works!

2)
Backing-up a HIVE based registry

If in [HKLM\System\ObjectStore] is a reg key "RegistryType=1", this means HIVE based registry.

a)
The system hive contains system settings that do not pertain to any one user. The OEM selects the system hive file name and location. The system hive file is typically named System.hv, but the location can vary.
The registry value SystemHive under [HKLM\init\BootVars] indicates the path and file name of the system hive.

b)
A user hive contains user-specific settings. All user hives are named User.hv and are located in separate user directories. Each directory is given the name of the user to whom it belongs.
The registry value ProfileDir under [HKLM\init\BootVars] indicates the location where all user directories are placed.

We can force backing-up a HIVE based registry, a feature MioPocket 3.0 currently is missing, using a script similiar to this one:

#HiveRegistryBackup.mscr
#
#This script backs up system and user hive(s) of a hive-based registry 
#
#Syntax: CallScript("HiveRegistryBackup.mscr", [hive], [timestamp?])
#Note: parameters in [] are optional. Use , , when one is not used.
##############
ErrorLevel("off")
##############

If(1=RegRead("HKLM","\System\ObjectStore","RegistryType"))
	hive=argv[1]
	useTimeStamp=argv[2]
	allHives=0
	If(IsEmpty(hive))
		allHives=1
	EndIf
	stamp=1
	If(IsEmpty(useTimeStamp))
		stamp=0
	EndIf
	timeFormatted=""
	If(stamp)
		timeFormatted=FormatTime("d-m-Y",TimeStamp())
	EndIf

If(allHives OR (ToLower(hive) eq "system"))
		systemHive=RegRead("HKLM","init\BootVars","SystemHive")
		If(not DirExists(RegistryFolder\"Hives\System"))
			If(not DirExists(RegistryFolder\"Hives"))
				MkDir(RegistryFolder\"Hives")
			EndIf
			MkDir(RegistryFolder\"Hives\System")
		EndIf
		WriteFile(RegistryFolder\"Hives\SYSTEM-HV-FULLPATHNAME.txt",systemHive,1)
		fBase=timeFormatted&"_"&FileBase(systemHive)
		fExt=FileExt(systemHive)
		Copy(systemHive,RegistryFolder\"Hives\System\"&fBase&"."&fExt,TRUE) 
	EndIf

If(allHives OR (ToLower(hive) eq "user"))
		userHive=RegRead("HKLM","init\BootVars","ProfileDir")
		If((NOT IsEmpty(userHive)) AND (userHive ne ""))
			If(not DirExists(RegistryFolder\"Hives\User"))
				If(not DirExists(RegistryFolder\"Hives"))
					MkDir(RegistryFolder\"Hives")
				EndIf
				MkDir(RegistryFolder\"Hives\User")
			EndIf
			WriteFile(RegistryFolder\"Hives\USER-HV-FULLPATHNAME.txt",userHive,1)
			XCopy(userHive\"*.*",RegistryFolder\"Hives\User",TRUE,TRUE)
		EndIf
	EndIf
EndIf

Go to Top of Page

daniHG

60 Posts

Posted - 24 févr. 2010 :  09:53:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The freeware tool WceloadExt you use to get those cab-files that refuse to install installed.
Usage:
Start WceloadExt, set CPU Check to "No Check", check the "No OS Version Check" box and check the "No Platform Check", then click OK button. Use this utility in conjunction with \MioAutoRun\Programs\Cabinstl tool, this enables you to install or unpack cab-file to any location like your SD card, it's a great WinCe tool.
To uninstall this WinCE-hack, simply start WceloadExt again and select "Uninstall".
Hint:
Copy both the wceloadext.exe and the wceloadext.dll to \MioAutoRun\System
Go to Top of Page

bumbum

519 Posts

Posted - 24 févr. 2010 :  11:12:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
1. Get rid of annoying system sounds

@jwoegerbauer

I was picking up your idea to get rid off these annoying sound for screen taps

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Volume]
"Key"=dword:00000001
"Screen"=dword:00000000
"Volume"=dword:0000ffff
"Mute"=dword:00000006

which I had created in ANSI Format after klicking away screen taps in control Panel. I put that under MioAutoRun\Registry\Custom. Problem after Hardreset registry still shows
"Screen"=dword:00000001 which means "On" for key taps.

Any ideas?

Go to Top of Page

super

15 Posts

Posted - 24 févr. 2010 :  19:26:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
jb110,

The files' basket .NET CF 3.5 basically consists of are
[package #1]

cgacutil.exe
    mscoree3_5.dll
    mscoree.dll
    netcfagl3_5.dll
    netcfd3dm3_5.dll

and additionally (as listed in text-file "Microsoft .NET CF 3.5.GAC")
[package #2]

mscorlib.dll
    System.dll
    System.Drawing.dll
    System.Messaging.dll
    System.Web.Services.dll
    System.Windows.Forms.dll
    System.Xml.dll
    System.Xml.Linq.dll
    System.Net.Irda.dll
    System.Data.dll
    System.Data.DataSetExtensions.dll
    Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
    Microsoft.Windowsce.Forms.dll
    Microsoft.WindowsMobile.DirectX.dll
    CustomMarshalers.dll
    System.Core.dll
    System.ServiceModel.dll
    System.Runtime.Serialization.dll

Files listet under package #1 are located in \MioAutorun\System\CE5, the files listed under package #2 can be found in \MioAutoRun\Programs\Microsoft .NET CF 3.5. Don't get confused: all the GAC_... are DLLs!
Make sure all these files are present!

And, you might also try out this:

.NET GAC Extractor Application - Copy Dll's from Global Assembly

The Win32 utility .NET GAC Extractor is freeware and can be downloaded here:
http://www.accelerated-ideas.com/NET/FreeGAC-Extractor-Copy-Dll-Global-Assembly.aspx
Using the tool, you can rip (extract) Dll files from the GAC with minimal effort. The Dll is instantly copied to your chosen output path and is ready to reference in any of your .NET applications.

Go to Top of Page

Osprey

USA
2764 Posts

Posted - 25 févr. 2010 :  00:58:21  Show Profile  Visit Osprey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
jwoegerbauer,
1. That could be useful for the few people who have unresponsive touchscreens and need a way to run something on the device to fix it.
2. Have you tested that hive backup code?

daniHG,
The name "wceloadext.exe" sounds like it might actually be a replacement for wceload.exe (the WinCE utility that installs CAB files). Have you tried renaming it to wceload.exe to see if that works? If it's really a full, but better, replacement for wceload.exe, it might be neat to make that change.

Go to Top of Page

bumbum

519 Posts

Posted - 25 févr. 2010 :  01:47:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@Osprey

how much hive based devices have you tested? I had inbetween three of them and as a summary, my conclusion is to not install Miopocket on such devices.
Inbetween China GPS devices swapping over the ocean and it seems they are all the same "hive based" So let them brick!, or go after Jwoegerbauer's proposal.

BTW I am wondering, why I am not be of value to give me "any" response to my post of iPhoneToday??? However you decide, I will accept and find my way!
So Please!

Edited by - bumbum on 25 févr. 2010 02:05:02
Go to Top of Page

Osprey

USA
2764 Posts

Posted - 25 févr. 2010 :  02:42:59  Show Profile  Visit Osprey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
bumbum,
1. I haven't used any devices with hive-based registries. Yes, I don't recommend installing MioPocket on such devices, but people do it, anyways. The only reason why I'm somewhat interested in backing up those registries is to allow for people to undo changes that brick or cripple their devices.
2. My apologies. I wanted to give enough time to test iPhoneToday before replying, then forgot to reply. What you did was good. It helped me to understand how the skin could be used to handle multiple categories of apps (Favorites, Navigation, etc.). Unfortunately, it still has at least one critical bug, with the vertical scrolling. As you may've noticed, a page full of icons will put icons behind the bottom bar. That's a real problem, since most of MioPocket's categories have more than enough icons to cause real issues with that bottom bar.

Edited by - Osprey on 25 févr. 2010 02:48:31
Go to Top of Page

Lexan

USA
28 Posts

Posted - 25 févr. 2010 :  02:47:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Osprey

bumbum,
1. I haven't used any devices with hive-based registries. Yes, I don't recommend installing MioPocket on such devices, but people do it, anyways. The only reason why I'm somewhat interested in backing up those registries is to allow for people to undo changes that brick or cripple their devices.
2. Sorry. I wanted to give enough time to test iPhoneToday before replying, then forgot to reply. What you did was good. It helped me to understand how the skin could be used to handle multiple categories of apps (Favorites, Navigation, etc.). Unfortunately, it still has at least one critical bug, with the vertical scrolling. As you may've noticed, a page full of icons will put icons behind the bottom bar. That would need to be fixed before consideration for MioPcoket, since most of MioPocket's categories have more than enough icons to make that bottom bar a problem.

Oh, then you'll be interested to know that has been fixed and will be released in next version.

P.S. One thing is IphoneToday does have good ram, but by the time you add a battery meter and some other thing MioPocket has on it's GUI, then my thinking is ram will be around the same. It does make for more options though, and I always like options.

Edited by - Lexan on 25 févr. 2010 02:51:16
Go to Top of Page

Osprey

USA
2764 Posts

Posted - 25 févr. 2010 :  03:26:24  Show Profile  Visit Osprey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Lexan,
Yeah, I just noticed that and came back here to edit my post :). I'll have to try the new version once it's uploaded. Yeah, I'm not sold on the RAM argument, either. iPhoneToday.exe is only 49KB, yes, but SystemInformation.exe is only 65KB... hardly any difference. SystemInformation ends up being 2-3MB in RAM because the backgrounds, bitmaps, icons, time and battery elements are all loaded and will need to be loaded with iPhoneToday, as well.

Honestly, I'm not sure if the shell is really all that practical when it comes to MioPocket. I think that people are interested mainly because it has touch scrolling. It's definitely neat, but takes more work to change pages (especially when you have to traverse multiple pages to get to the one that you want) and doesn't have predictable results. There are some other minor issues, as well. I think that people might use the shell for a few weeks, show it off to friends and family ("look, just like an iPhone!") and ultimately go back to one of the SystemInformation-based skins once the "coolness" fades. We'll see. I'm definitely open-minded, since I want something better than SystemInformation. It's just that iPhoneToday is such a simple skin and, at the moment, is really designed to be used with far fewer apps/features than MioPocket comes with.

Edited by - Osprey on 25 févr. 2010 04:43:56
Go to Top of Page

TroNik

362 Posts

Posted - 25 févr. 2010 :  06:44:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Osprey,
Here I have to disagee. I think that most people want a simple skin with big icons. How many people do you think are really using the sidebar. And how many of them do you think that they could not live without it?

In iPhoneToday you have multiple options to traverse pages: touch scrolling, special icons (next/previous/down/up), and the bottom circles-indicators (you can click on the any of the them to jump to that page). But I guess what you want is a static top bar of icons to assign them to pages-categories. In this case I'll have to do it to make you happy :) (Note that this suggestion has received the most negative votes http://www.google.com/moderator/#16/e=4fa9 )

http://iphonetoday.googlecode.com/
Go to Top of Page

jwoegerbauer

1865 Posts

Posted - 25 févr. 2010 :  10:20:12  Show Profile  Visit jwoegerbauer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Still files lost after a reset?

MioPocket totally ignores the fact a folder \Windows\AppMgr might be already present/created in the device's root by applications during installation. For e.x. when I installed SQLServerCompact 3.5 in device's root the folder \Windows\AppMgr was created containing the 2 files SQLServerCompact 3.5 Core.DAT and SQLServerCompact 3.5 Core.DLL, and in folder \Windows file SQLServerCompact 3.5 Core.UNLOAD was created. Performimg a hard-reset these 3 files are lost for ever!!!

Therefore I decided to extend MioPocket's

a) Unlock.mscr

If(DirExists("\Windows\AppMgr"))
	If(not DirExists(WindowsFolder\"Windows\AppMgr"))
		MkDir(WindowsFolder\"Windows\AppMgr")
	EndIf
	XCopy("\Windows\AppMgr\*.*",WindowsFolder\"Windows\AppMgr",TRUE,TRUE)
	XCopy("\Windows\*.UNLOAD",WindowsFolder\"Windows",TRUE,TRUE)
EndIf

b) Initialize.mscr

IniWrite(MioPocketINI, "Unlock", "ResetAfterInstallAttempt", "0")

If(DirExists(WindowsFolder\"Windows\AppMgr"))
	XCopy(WindowsFolder\"Windows\AppMgr\*.*","\Windows\AppMgr",TRUE,TRUE)
	XCopy(WindowsFolder\"Windows\*.UNLOAD","\Windows",TRUE,TRUE)
EndIf

c) PowerPrompt.mscr:

case 4
	Call("BackupDateTime")

If(DirExists("\Windows\AppMgr"))
		XCopy("\Windows\AppMgr\*.*",WindowsFolder\"Windows\AppMgr",TRUE,TRUE)
		XCopy("\Windows\*.UNLOAD", WindowsFolder\"Windows",TRUE,TRUE)
	EndIf

Run(ProgramsFolder\"HardReset.exe")

Go to Top of Page

Osprey

USA
2764 Posts

Posted - 25 févr. 2010 :  11:17:22  Show Profile  Visit Osprey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
TroNik,
No, I know that a lot of people want a simple skin with big icons; it's just that I can't do a whole lot about the "simple" part without removing loads of apps from MioPocket, and there are lots of people who wouldn't want that. So, the challenge becomes "how do we get all of MioPocket to fit into iPhoneToday?" Creating separate pages with headers and letting the icons for each page flow vertically cleared one hurdle. Fixing the bottom bar so that it didn't display over the vertical overflow has cleared another. Now, we're at quick access to the pages.

I agree that few people would care if MioPocket's SideBar were gone, or else I would've suggested that you add that, too :). I do, though, think that lots of people would really miss the current navigation via a top bar if MioPocket were used with iPhoneToday in its current state. People would likely ask me, "how do I easily switch from, say, the Favorites page to the Tools page?", and I would have to answer, "by swiping your finger right to left 5 times or tapping the 5th circle on the bottom." Wouldn't you agree that that would quite a step backward in simplicity with regards to MioPocket? iPhoneToday is a great UI, but I think that it works best with (and was designed for) only 2 or 3 pages; add more (ex. the 7 that MioPocket is currently split into) and the finger-swiping gets a little tedious, IMO. That's all that I meant earlier.

It's not that you have to add the feature to "make me happy" :)... don't think that, please. It's just that, if I ever do the extensive conversion work, I'd like the skin to be something that MioPocket users are comfortable with. I don't want them to be let down because the "coolest" skin also requires the most touchscreen activity to switch between the various pages. That's my opinion. If you disagree, feel free to pursue the features that you think are better. I don't want you to feel pressure to do anything that you don't want to do, no more than I want the pressure of including iPhoneToday if you do implement my suggestion :). I still have options if you don't implement it, so do what makes you happy, not me.

jwoegerbauer,
To my knowledge, the AppMgr folder and the .UNLOAD files are used solely for the purpose of uninstalling apps (via Control Panel). They play no part in the app running, which is why I "ignore" them. So, those who implement your changes should realize that that's their function and not think that any problems running apps can be traced to those files not being backed up.

Edited by - Osprey on 25 févr. 2010 11:35:32
Go to Top of Page

bumbum

519 Posts

Posted - 25 févr. 2010 :  13:06:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@Osprey

thanks for your feedback!
First of all, I don't want to convince/influent you to implement iPhoneToday. What I want to know is your opinion: yes, No, Perhaps.
Miopocket is by far the best Software to free up GPS devices, but what I, personaly, don't like from beginning on is the "non" fingerfriendly shell. Sorry you shouldn't understand that as a critic of your beautyful work, but only as my personal feeling. I am fully aware that other people are thinking different. So from begin of this iPhone project, it was not my goal to replace existing skins and have iPhone only, but only add it as additional skin option.
Again my opinion, from the side bar, I reguarely only use taskmanager and hide taskbar, if appears for some reasons. The upper bar, I use only because there is no other way to switch. So my opinion is, it should be possible to keep footerbar beneath Minibar, so people can put their most important apps there and it will fit perfectly (see my picure some posts ago). Something again about RAM usage. The theory says there is not so much difference between sysinfo and iPhone. Inbetween I added battery addon, so there is, beneath upper/side bar, no difference between MP's Win7 screen and iPhoneToday. sysinfo shows 2111kb iPhone 512kb. I don't know why, but thats the fact

@Tronik
I know you requested to post at XDA-developers, but I am not sure, if Miopocket/WinCE related stuff is right there and not better to be posted here?

After 1 week tesing of iPhoneToday on an 3-4 years old Becker device, I still can't believe how good that works! At the beginning I was a little bit disappointed about non animated buttons, but inbetween the Flash animation works that good, so I see no need anymore to add this, at least not, if it makes system slower. What would be a nice to have is the possibility to include a wallpaper, without losing the bottombar gradients. Do you think that will be possible?

Go to Top of Page

Osprey

USA
2764 Posts

Posted - 25 févr. 2010 :  14:34:23  Show Profile  Visit Osprey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
bumbum,
1. Yes, I, too, have wanted a more touch-friendly skin for quite some time (not for my own use, but because that's what many people want). That's one reason why I'm interested in iPhoneToday.
2. My tests show that iPhoneToday uses exactly the same amount of memory (3.8MB) as SystemInformation. That's ok by me, but suggests that memory usage isn't a reason to use iPhoneToday. BTW, I used MioAutoRun\Programs\ResInfo.exe for the tests. EDIT: v1.4.4 uses 3.1MB for me, so some improvement with the new version. Good job, TroNik.

Edited by - Osprey on 27 févr. 2010 04:25:47
Go to Top of Page

daniHG

60 Posts

Posted - 25 févr. 2010 :  15:37:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Osprey,

3rd-party tool WceLoadExt helps suppressing installer's messages like

Unsupported Device Type
The application is not supported for this device type, and may not work correctly on this device. Do you wish to continue installation?

or
Unsupported System Version
The program is not compatible with the current operating system and, therefore, may not run on this device. Do you want to continue installation?

and probably is not useful for normal users, but only for daring ones. WceLoadExt is not a replacement for CE's inbuilt wceload, it's a cab modifier to be installed before calling MioPocket's default cabinstl or CE's default wceload.

Treat my hint as an addition to MioPocket's README 4.3 Installing applications

If a .CAB file will not install for you ...

Edited by - daniHG on 25 févr. 2010 16:24:22
Go to Top of Page

jwoegerbauer

1865 Posts

Posted - 26 févr. 2010 :  09:47:07  Show Profile  Visit jwoegerbauer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
@Osprey,

sorry for my late answering. As I've with draft of script HiveRegistryBackup.mscr demonstrated above, there isn't much to do over backing-up a hive based registry: mainly only Copy()/XCopy() operations are to be executed.
In the meantime I've created further script TestHiveRegistryBackup.mscr

#TestHiveRegistryBackup.mscr

ErrorLevel("off")
Local(testDir)
If(0=RegRead("HKLM","\System\ObjectStore","RegistryType"))
	#
	# initialize
	testDir=InstallFolder\"HiveTest"
	RegWriteString("HKLM","init\BootVars",		"SystemHive",testDir\"system.hv")
	RegWriteString("HKLM","init\BootVars",		"ProfileDir", testDir\"ProfileDir")
	MkDir(testDir)
	WriteFile(testDir\"system.hv","dummy",1)
	MkDir(testDir\"ProfileDir")
	MkDir(testDir\"ProfileDir\1")
	WriteFile(testDir\"ProfileDir\1\profile1.hv",		"dummy",1)
EndIf
#
#start back-up script
CallScript("HiveRegistryBackup.mscr",,TRUE)
If(0=RegRead("HKLM","\System\ObjectStore","RegistryType"))
	#
	#wait
	While(ScriptProcExists("HiveRegistryBackup.mscr"))
		Sleep 100
	EndWhile
	#
	#cleanup
	RegDelete("HKLM","init\BootVars","SystemHive")
	RegDelete("HKLM","init\BootVars","ProfileDir")
	DelTree(testDir)
EndIf

to see whether the presented script HiveRegistryBackup.mscr does its job. And it did well.

And it's easy to implement a roll-back mechanism depending on the timestamp.

@bumbum,

unfortunately can't reconstruct what's going wrong importing your version of NoClicksAndSounds.reg.

Edited by - jwoegerbauer on 26 févr. 2010 21:48:08
Go to Top of Page

louisB

2 Posts

Posted - 26 févr. 2010 :  18:19:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Everybody,

a freeware .NET 3.5 bluetooth switcher - BluePower 1.0.3 (by KixAss.net) you should try out, it's my Brother-in-law's recommendation!

What is BluePower?
BluePower is a very small program that switches your bluetooth on when the device is connected to the power adapter. When it's disconnected, the bluetooth goes off. Offcourse, you can always switch your bluetooth on/off yourself.

How to install?
Download the MioPocket ready-made package here. After install, soft-reset your device. Bluetooth should switch on- and off when you plugin your power adapter.

Notes:
1) The program has no GUI, so don't bother looking for it.
2) If you want to set your device Discoverable when bluetooth is turned on, change the registry setting:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\BluePower\SetDiscoverable to 1 (one) and soft-reset your device.

Btw, MioPocket is the world's best UNLOCKER, thanks to its creator.

Edited by - louisB on 26 févr. 2010 18:22:04
Go to Top of Page

Osprey

USA
2764 Posts

Posted - 27 févr. 2010 :  03:44:24  Show Profile  Visit Osprey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
louisB,
Thanks, especially for packaging it for MioPocket. I think that I'll add that to the Patches folder so that people can easily patch MioPocket with it.

Go to Top of Page

jwoegerbauer

1865 Posts

Posted - 01 mars 2010 :  16:52:41  Show Profile  Visit jwoegerbauer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Many Control Panel settings are stored to the registry. For example, whether the backlight turns off after a certain period of inactivity can be set in the Display dialog box of the Control Panel. These settings can be modified manually by programmatically writing to these registry keys using the Windows CE API for writing to the registry. And we also can modify the touchscreen's Brightness (On LCD monitors, the brightness setting only affects the backlight).

Programmatically Set Touchscreen's Brightness

***Please Note That This May Not Work On Some Devices***

Some time ago I've found here an interesting script (post #856) that might be useful to all here. It's purpose: if battery percentage is low, OR it's the night (between 10pm and 5am), set minimum backlight, else if battery percentage is very good AND it is plain day (between 9am and 7pm), set maximum backlight, else set medium backlight.

Here is how I for myself implemented this idea (Note: The backlight control is hardware specific so what may work for one device type may work differently on another. Providing a mechanism which would work across any device type would be nigh on impossible):

1) put in MioPocket's scripts folder 2 further scripts by me, namely

KeepTheBacklightAlwaysOn.mscr, and
    AutoAdjustBacklight.mscr

I uploaded here.

2) added to Unlock.mscr this line before the soft-reset is performed

CallScript("KeepTheBacklightAlwaysOn.mscr")

3) added this code block to Initialize.mscr

#
# get amount of brightness levels of the LCD display. The range is not
# common across OEMs and WM platforms!!!
If(RegValueExists("HKCU","ControlPanel\BackLight","BACKLIGHTVALUE"))
# the range is from 1 to 10 (decimal)
maxBright=10
currBright=RegRead("HKCU","ControlPanel\BackLight","BACKLIGHTVALUE")
ElseIf(RegValueExists("HKCU","ControlPanel\Backlight", "Brightness") OR RegValueExists("HKCU","ControlPanel\Backlight", "ACBrightness"))
# the range is from 1 to 10 (decimal)
maxBright=10
currBright=RegRead("HKCU","ControlPanel\BackLight","Brightness")
ElseIf(RegValueExists("HKCU","ControlPanel\Backlight","BackLightLevel"))
# the range is from 1 to 100 (percent, hexadecimal)
maxBright=100
currBright=HexToNumber(RegRead("HKCU","ControlPanel\BackLight", "BackLightLevel"))
EndIf
#
# remember for later look-up
RegWriteDword("HKLM","SOFTWARE\MioPocket\DeviceSettings\BackLight", "MaxBright",maxBright)
RegWriteDword("HKLM","SOFTWARE\MioPocket\DeviceSettings\BackLight", "CurrBright",currBright)
RunWait(ProgramsFolder\"Tronik\RegFlushKey.exe","HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE")

4) added to StartupPrograms.mscr the few lines

#
#Add watch-dog for AutoAdjustBacklight.mscr
nextRun=TimeStamp()+60000
RunAt(nextRun,SystemPath("ScriptExe")\"MortScript.exe", """"&SystemPath("ScriptPath")\"AutoAdjustBacklight.mscr"&"""")

EDIT:

The gamma value controls the luminance generated on a LCD screen.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\GDI]
; Settings to enable gamma adjustment
; Valid values for gamma values range between 1000 and 2200.
; Default value is 1500 (decimal), 5DC (hex)
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\GDI\Gamma]
"Gamma Value"=dword:000005DC

Edited by - jwoegerbauer on 01 mars 2010 18:32:55
Go to Top of Page

boom

8 Posts

Posted - 02 mars 2010 :  10:47:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hallo,

new here. I pursue this blog with large interest from beginning. Which I with MioPocket miss is an Uninstaller. Would be great would give it such a possibilty. Much complex all this is to be done manually.

Have a nice day.
Go to Top of Page

daniHG

60 Posts

Posted - 02 mars 2010 :  15:21:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How to make clock's daylight saving time hard-reset persistent?

For CE, the registry key for daylight saving time is not present by default. There is no auto-adjust for daylight saving time. The registry key is created on demand. If Timesvc.dll is included on your CE powered device (i.e. key [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Services\Timesvc] is present in registry), with CE's clock applet you can determine whether "Automatically adjust clock to daylight saving" or not. Most users will decide to have this feature permanently activated.

The appropriate registry entry of interest here is:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Clock]
;Automatically adjust clock to daylight saving time
;disabled = 0, enabled = 1 (default)
"AutoDST"=dword:00000001
;If you set next registry value to 1, daylight saving time
;is enabled for the current time zone when the OS boots.
;The OS reads the current time zone when the OS boots.
;If you set this registry value to 0, daylight saving time
;is disabled the next time the OS boots. The OS reads this
;egistry value only when the OS boots. If the OS cannot find
;this registry value, the OS uses the default value of 0.
"HomeDST"=dword:00000001

In MioPocket for the moment no general AutoDST.reg-file exists (only with file TimeZone-NA (GMT-8) Pacific Time.reg "AutoDST"=dword:00000001 is set). Users residing outside this time zone in the rain are let simply.
Hence all those users (if Timesvc.dll is included on their CE powered device) should create an according AutoDST.reg-file in \MioAutoRun\Registry\Custom and then perform a hard-reset to get this tweak permanent.
Go to Top of Page

jwoegerbauer

1865 Posts

Posted - 02 mars 2010 :  21:14:27  Show Profile  Visit jwoegerbauer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
A MioPocket Date/Time related side remark:

I have read daniHG's post concerning daylight saving. I became curious and detected, that MioPocket's TimeZones.reg seems to be all-CE-versions related (because located in folder \Registry) , no distinction whether CE4 or CE5 or CE6. Studying http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb%3Ben-us%3B923027&x=6&y=10 one can see that obviously a distinction is to be made, although TZI-values are identical:

For example

in CE5
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Time Zones\Newfoundland Standard Time]
"TZI"=hex:d2,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,c4,ff,ff,ff, 00,00,0b,00,00,00,01,00,02,00,00,00,00,00,00,00, 00,00,03,00,00,00,02,00,02,00,00,00,00,00,00,00

same in CE4.2
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Time Zones\LOC_GMT_MINUS_0330_A_STANDARD]
"TZI"=hex:d2,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,c4,ff,ff,ff, 00,00,0b,00,00,00,01,00,02,00,00,00,00,00,00,00, 00,00,03,00,00,00,02,00,02,00,00,00,00,00,00,00

@Osprey,

that's the reason why I suggest to move the two TimeZones .REG-files from \Registry to \Registry\CE5.

Go to Top of Page

bumbum

519 Posts

Posted - 03 mars 2010 :  00:39:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@Osprey and all Others

Concerning SD installation

I understand from original Miopocket Thread, that you copied parts of MioAutoRun especially the dll's to Flash, to get SDHC cards running. Sorry if I may have some lack of experience, but how can I get MP started from SDHC Card, if Card is not recocnized from beginning on? The system starts for example AutoRunCe from SD and then loads SDHC drivers from flash into ROM. But the second step should happen before the first.

Go to Top of Page

Osprey

USA
2764 Posts

Posted - 03 mars 2010 :  08:39:37  Show Profile  Visit Osprey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
daniHG,
I didn't include AutoDST in most time zone registry files because I'm really not familiar with DST outside of the States. So, I played it safe. If you think that I should include it in every time zone, I will. For now (and, really, for most of MioPocket's life), the easiest way to leave it on permanently is to go into MioPocket Settings->System->Set Time Zone->Set Time Zone Not In List, choose your time zone, check the box to use DST, then choose Ok. A time zone registry file will be saved to MioAutoRun\Registry\Custom that includes DST.

jwoegerbauer,
Those time zone registry files have been in MioPocket for two years and not once have I heard CE 4.2 users report problems with them, so I think that they're fine.

bumbum,
Yeah, you can't install MioPocket from an SDHC card if the device can't read SDHC cards. The SDHC support is for two situations: 1) you have MioPocket installed on the internal flash drive, and 2) you installed MioPocket from a non-SDHC SD card, but want to be able to eject that card and insert an SDHC card while MioPocket is installed (of course, you'd have to have a copy of MioPocket on that 2nd card). To allow the latter situation is why the SDHC files are copied to the flash drive. A person with a non-SDHC-supporting device could keep with them a "MioPocket install" SD card (that has only MioPocket on it) and a larger "Data" SDHC card (that has all of their music/movies/programs/etc on it). That, then, is a workable workaround for owners would would otherwise be limited by space with what they could do with their unlocked device. EDIT: I suppose that someone could always copy the SDHC DLLs to \Windows and import SDHC.reg, soft reset and then install MioPocket from an SDHC card. That, though, would require some files and a script on the flash drive and figuring out a way to run it (just like an SDfree installation).

Edited by - Osprey on 03 mars 2010 08:46:32
Go to Top of Page

Lexan

USA
28 Posts

Posted - 03 mars 2010 :  19:55:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@Osprey and others

I was out hiking when an idea struck me about VirtualEarth Mobile and how to give it moving map capabilities. In the drop down menu there is a command to do a "GPS locate", then there is another command in menu called "set start location" (which puts a green flag at you location). I want to add a button and script to VE mobile to activate these 2 commands every second, or pressing the button again to turn it off. I learned how to make the button from the ones Osprey made for VE mobile, and the script is not to bad either, but having some problems. I can't find the values for the commands listed. If anybody is interested any help would be appreciated.

Go to Top of Page

jwoegerbauer

1865 Posts

Posted - 03 mars 2010 :  20:45:09  Show Profile  Visit jwoegerbauer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
@Lexan,

use the freeware Win32 ResourceHacker tool to get out the command id of the 2 menu entries: just as demo

Download this tool here.

HTH
Go to Top of Page

Lexan

USA
28 Posts

Posted - 03 mars 2010 :  20:52:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@jwoegerbauer

nice program, thx for the tip. I think this will help alot, will check when I get home.

Go to Top of Page

Osprey

USA
2764 Posts

Posted - 04 mars 2010 :  04:54:21  Show Profile  Visit Osprey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Lexan,
Unfortunately, perhaps because it's a .NET app, Virtual Earth Mobile doesn't have a "Menu" resource, so that trick doesn't appear doable in this case. You can always use MortScript's MouseClick command to simulate taps and traverse the menu, but, obviously, that's hardly an option if you want it to occur every second or even every once in a while, since you'd see the menu for a second or so. It would, though, be feasible to add it to VirtualEarthMobile.mscr so that it's done at startup. There's an example of the command in the script already.

jwoegerbauer,
At one point, you posted some code that you had written for automatically installing .CAB files during MioPocket installation. Would you mind re-posting that? Thanks.

Edited by - Osprey on 04 mars 2010 05:28:25
Go to Top of Page

jwoegerbauer

1865 Posts

Posted - 04 mars 2010 :  14:05:19  Show Profile  Visit jwoegerbauer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
@Osprey,

1)
the CABInstaller script I'm currently using to automatically install .CAB-files I've uploaded here.
Note: In file Variables.mscr => Sub "Variables_Common" the variable "CABFilesFolder" must be pre-set!

2)
you are right: tool ResHacker doesn't work on .NET apps!

@All,

interested in a small (primitive) game? Then you might give

a try. Download the MP ready package from here.

@bumbum,

I've a SD-installation. On my flash drive during this type's installation a folder \MioAutoRun with subfolders "System" and "Windows" were created. This folder \MioAutoRun I've uploaded here. If you inspect subfolder "System" you will see the SD(HC) drivers are there.
A work-around for the scenario you asked to get resolved I have more than once pointed out in MP's main thread. I describe it here one more time - in principle it's identical to that Osprey outlined.

The necessary steps to do are as following:

1) create in flash drive's folder \MioAutoRun your own Launch.exe (i.e. write a Launch.mscr), for example

# My Launch.exe replacement
#
ErrorLevel("off")
#
#scratch vars
FD="\My Flash Disk"
#
#check to see if flash drive exists
If(not DirExists(FD))
	#
	#get real name of flash drive (algo derived from Variables.mscr)
	If(DirExists("\MyFlashDisk"))
		FD="\MyFlashDisk"
	ElseIf(DirExists("\Flash Disk"))
		FD="\Flash Disk"
	ElseIf(DirExists("\FlashDisk"))
		FD="\FlashDisk"
	ElseIf(DirExists("\ResidentFlash"))
		FD="\ResidentFlash"
	ElseIf(DirExists("\HDD"))
		FD="\HDD"
	ElseIf(RegValueExists("HKLM", 		"System\StorageManager\Profiles\FlashDisk","Folder"))
		FD="\"&RegRead("HKLM", 		"System\StorageManager\Profiles\FlashDisk","Folder")
	ElseIf(RegValueExists("HKLM", 		"System\StorageManager\Profiles\FlashDisk1","Folder"))
		FD="\"&RegRead("HKLM", 		"System\StorageManager\Profiles\FlashDisk1","Folder")
	ElseIf(RegValueExists("HKLM", 		"System\StorageManager\Profiles\PocketStore","Folder"))
		FD="\"& RegRead("HKLM", 		"System\StorageManager\Profiles\PocketStore","Folder")
	Else
		#
		#
		Message("Couldn't determine real name of flash drive!")
		Exit
	EndIf
EndIf
#
MioAutoRunFldr=FD\"MioAutoRun"
#
#check to see if hard-reset was performed
If(FileExists("\Windows\SDHC-Drivers-Copied.txt"))
	#
	#it was not a hard-reset, hence simply start original Launch.exe
	Run(MioAutoRunFldr\"Orig-Launch.exe")
	Exit
EndIf
#
#check to see if folder containing SD(HC) drivers exists
DriversFldr=MioAutoRunFldr\"System"
If(not DirExists(DriversFldr))
	#
	#notify user
	Message("Folder "&DriversFldr&" not found!")
	Exit
EndIf
#
#copy the SD(HC) drivers to \Windows
XCopy(DriversFldr\"*.*", "\Windows",TRUE,TRUE)
#
#set a flag
WriteFile("\Windows\SDHC-Drivers-Copied.txt","",1)
#
#perform a soft-reset
ReStart
#
#start original Launch.exe
Run(MioAutorunFldr\"Orig-Launch.exe")
#
#done

2) rename the original Launch.exe to Orig-Launch.exe

3) copy both the MortScript.exe and the Autorun.exe to flash drive's \MioAutoRun folder and rename Autorun.exe to Launch.exe

All these steps are already carried out in the \MioAutoRun, to which I linked above!

HTH

Edited by - jwoegerbauer on 04 mars 2010 15:57:23
Go to Top of Page

Lexan

USA
28 Posts

Posted - 04 mars 2010 :  18:03:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thx for replies,

Yeah, .net would not show all it's information in ResHac, but you know by the examples how it could go. I was looking at the VirtualEarth.mscr last night, and I was going to ask you that, thx.

Go to Top of Page

bumbum

519 Posts

Posted - 04 mars 2010 :  22:56:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@jwoegerbauer

it goes without saying, that I remember to this script where you helped me to get SD installation on a chinese crap, having no Autostart function on SD. And yes you are very right, it is the same, but for other reason, to install Miopocket from SDHC, when device doesn't support SDHC. Thanks for the hint and posting script again!

BTW Balloon is cool!

@Osprey

There are several reasons (of course If you want) to integrate jwoegerbauer's Launcher solution as a third option, beneath SD Installation and SD-free installation into Miopocket.

1. Chinese devices, as far as I found out by now, mainly have hive based registry and no Autostart function (Probably thay have, but hard to find out). For these devices also jw's "hive solution" would be great.

2. Some devices have a very small flash e.g. some Navigon 3,5" devices, or owners don't want to delete original Software and there is not enough space to store MP additionally.

3. Standard SD Cards (non SDHC) are increasing in prices rapidly, especially the one over 2GB, so I am not an expert, but this seems to be an indication that these cards runing out.

iPhoneToday: Newest announcement for new V1.4.6 are very promising. I am looking forward when it will be uploaded. I have a fully functional V1.4.5 and this works very nice. But it is still working as seperate exe on top of MP skin, therefore it would be nice to know what you plans are?

Edited by - bumbum on 04 mars 2010 23:06:54
Go to Top of Page

jwoegerbauer

1865 Posts

Posted - 05 mars 2010 :  12:15:10  Show Profile  Visit jwoegerbauer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
@Osprey,

I recommend you - if you have some time over - to read about a revolutionary idea here:
InitLauncher - [HKLM\Init]LaunchXX wrapper. Might be thus the "SD-card-ready?" problem can be solved.

BTW:

(excerpt of \My Flash Disk\MioAutorun\init.txt)

===========================================
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\init BEFORE installation
===========================================
Launch20 device.exe
Launch30 gwes.exe
Depend30 1400
Launch50 explorer.exe
Depend50 14001E00
Launch80 ST.exe
Depend80 3200

==========================================
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\init AFTER installation
==========================================
Launch9999 \My Flash Disk\MioAutoRun\Launch.exe
Launch20 device.exe
Launch30 gwes.exe
Depend30 1400
Launch50 explorer.exe
Depend50 14001E00
Depend80 3200 <= this entry makes no sense, because Launch80 no more exists

Edited by - jwoegerbauer on 05 mars 2010 15:21:04
Go to Top of Page

daniHG

60 Posts

Posted - 06 mars 2010 :  16:28:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
bumbum and other interested ones,

the CE OS's kernel looks for the special registry entry [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\init] after starting the file system to look for modules to load during startup. For e.x.:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\init]
    "Launch10"="shell.exe"
    "Launch20"="device.exe"
    "Launch30"="gwes.exe"
    "Launch50"="explorer.exe"
    "Depend30"=hex:14,00
    "Depend50"=hex:14,00,1E,00

(Read more here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms898204.aspx)

To automatically execute "MioPocket" on startup, we (must) add the following lines to the registry:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE]\Init
    "Launch99"="MioPocket.exe"
    "Depend99"=hex:14,00,1E,00,32,00

The function performed by the Depend99 line is not immediately obvious. This registry entry lists three hex numbers (001E, 0014 and 0032) as its value. The hex number 0014 corresponds to 20, the hex number 001E corresponds to 30 and the hex number 0032 corresponds to 50. The Launch20 registry item in the sample listing is the module device.exe, the Launch30 registry item in the sample listing is the module gwes.exe and the Launch50 registry item in the sample listing is the module explorer.exe.
The Depend99 line simply tells the kernel to wait until device.exe, gwes.exe and explorer has been launched before launching MioPocket.exe. However, this dependency only synchronizes the launch sequence of different modules. It does not guarantee that device.exe, gwes.exe and explorer.exe will have fully initialized its services before MioPocket.exe is executed.

My advice therefore:
A Depend99 should be made to not start MioPocket (aka Launch.exe) until Explorer (Launch50) is ready.

Because in my eyes it's a fundamental deficiency of (current) MioPocket not to synchronize itself, already weeks ago I've modified Unlock.mscr as shown next:

#############
#Startup Apps

#Set MioPocket to run on system startup
RegWriteString("HKLM", "init", "Launch9999", FlashFolder\"Launch.exe")
#Initialize the array to which, below, we add apps that will be removed from startup
appsArray = array()
#Remove the apps added to appsArray above from Windows CE startup
ForEach value, data in RegValues("HKLM", "init")
	ForEach App in array(appsArray)
	EndForEach
EndForEach

#Set MioPocket to run (as last module!!!) on system startup
currLaunchIndex=0
highestLaunchIndex=0
explorerIndex=0
explorerDependData=""
ForEach value,data in RegValues("HKLM","init")
	If(ToLower(Substr(value,1,6)) eq "launch")
		currLaunchIndex=0+SubStr(value,7,Length(value))
		highestLaunchIndex=Max(currLaunchIndex,			highestLaunchIndex)
		If(ToLower(data) eq "explorer.exe")
			explorerIndex=currLaunchIndex
		EndIf
	EndIf
EndForEach
MioPocketIndex=""&(highestLaunchIndex+1)
RegWriteString("HKLM","init","Launch"&MioPocketIndex,FlashFolder\"Launch.exe")
If(explorerIndex)
	valDepend="Depend"&explorerIndex
	If(RegValueExists("HKLM","init",valDepend))
		dataDepend=RegReadExt("HKLM","init",valDepend)
		dataDepend=dataDepend&","&NumberToHex(explorerIndex)
		dataDepend=dataDepend&",00"
		RegWriteExt("HKLM","init","Depend"&MioPocketIndex,		dataDepend)
	EndIf
EndIf

If(FileExists(InitFile))
	Call("WriteInitFile", InitFile, "After")
EndIf

EDIT:
You might modify this coding again to get rid of the useless "Depend80" entry.

Edited by - daniHG on 06 mars 2010 16:44:01
Go to Top of Page

miolover

529 Posts

Posted - 06 mars 2010 :  17:05:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i agree with dani. if you put the mioautorun.exe in registry launch. i think it will also eliminate the rename this rename that accdg to ur unit starter app which highly confuse the amateur users.. which also as you can see from lots of posters who have same prob. it still won't start even if u rename it correctly because the ROOT of the prob is in the launch registry setting SPECIFICALLY THIS - [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\init].

Edited by - miolover on 06 mars 2010 17:16:28
Go to Top of Page

H226

Austria
40 Posts

Posted - 06 mars 2010 :  21:34:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This thread becomes ever more interesting!

daniHG,
great work! WHERE CAN I DONATE TO YOU?
Go to Top of Page

Osprey

USA
2764 Posts

Posted - 07 mars 2010 :  02:42:00  Show Profile  Visit Osprey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
jwoegerbauer,
1. Thanks (for the .CAB script).
2. I'm not sure that InitLauncher is needed, but I'll keep it in mind.
3. Yeah, the left-over DependXX values aren't needed, but they also do no harm, which is why I've never bothered to do anything about them. I've just put in a few lines to delete them, anyways, though.

bumbum,
I'm going to take a more serious look at iPhoneToday once I get R58 finished and uploaded.

daniHG,
I don't think that it makes any difference to have a MioPocket dependent on explorer.exe (since I don't think that SystemInformation.exe even requires it AND MioPocket goes through so many scripts at startup that explorer.exe would have more than enough time to load, anyways)... BUT, I'll do it, anyways, just in case and since it probably couldn't hurt.

Go to Top of Page

daniHG

60 Posts

Posted - 07 mars 2010 :  09:56:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
H226,

I'm not here to earn money. Anyways thanks for your offer.

Osprey,

there is a catch in [HKLM\init\DependXX] mechanism. The dependency is designed for OS dependent services. The device manager and GWES (CE's Graphics, Windowing, and Events Subsystem) must actually have initialized to a point where they can be used before the shell (default: explorer.exe) can start using them. Therefore, the operating system can't just launch the applications randomly. (Well, actually it could, but that would leave each application to create its own mechanism for indicating it was ready for use)
MioPocket (i.e. SystemInformation.exe), and I remain with this opinion, at least should depend on successful initialization of both the device manager and the GWES, because you need gwes.exe to run any windowed applications on your device.
More than once users reported their device freezes when MioPocket starts. The missing DependXX instruction could be an explanation why this occurs.
Go to Top of Page

conte

Italy
27 Posts

Posted - 07 mars 2010 :  14:59:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
MioPocket doesn't show waiting cursor when I launch it.

It takes about several seconds to launch MioPocket and the device doesn't seem to be doing anything while it's launching it. So I think it would be fine to show a waiting cusrsor or a countdown message.

Thanks in advance.
Go to Top of Page

jwoegerbauer

1865 Posts

Posted - 07 mars 2010 :  18:16:26  Show Profile  Visit jwoegerbauer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
@Conte,
this easily can be accomplished. In Initialize.mscr put
1) as (very) first command

#Show windows waiting cursor (confirmation that the script is started)
ShowWaitCursor

2) and as (most) last command

#Remove windows waiting cursor
If("wait"=CurrentCursor())
HideWaitCursor
EndIf
Go to Top of Page

TroNik

362 Posts

Posted - 08 mars 2010 :  00:13:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Osprey, jwoegerbauer,
InitLauncher is not needed. My launcher waits for the targer to exist before launching it.

Opsrey, daniHG,
You should not make it dependent on explorer.exe since it is often missing. You could make it though dependent on device.exe and gwes.exe.

Go to Top of Page

bumbum

519 Posts

Posted - 08 mars 2010 :  00:26:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Guys, thanks all for clarification!

Hive based registry:

I was wondering why my Falk F8 device has a cleanhive.exe in windows? This device doesn't have a persitent registry, however I still not understand, but stumble across a may interesting link:
http://geekswithblogs.net/BruceEitman/archive/2009/04/28/windows-ce-cleaning-the-registry-hive.aspx

iPhoneToday:
For those who want to test and play arround and and don't want to wait for a of course better solution implemented from Osprey. This is my current status uploaded. All icons are iPhone style (plenty of icons more), skin is still according Osprey's seven skin. Runs wonderfull as exe on top of Miopocket, but is not implemented into.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/mjkw0mgxldj/iPhoneToday.zip

Go to Top of Page

ml.906090

Germany
15 Posts

Posted - 08 mars 2010 :  13:23:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Partitioning your SD(HC)-card?

Many card manufacturers make SD(HC)-cards up to 16GB these days. They became cheap, approx. 4€/GB. 16GB cards are great if you use your device as MP3 player or video player, as they offer enough space for that.
However system and some applications sometimes dont't like those cards.

A solution is partitioning your SD(HC)-card. This means that you actually split the SD(HC)-card up into several virtual SD(HC)-cards of smaller sizes. So one SD(HC)-card of 16GB could be seen as eight of 2GB. This way you still have 16GB of storage, but system and applications will not get confused as it's split up into several chunks.

Became curious? Then read more here (4 years old post... but people reported it to be still very useful and the process works perfectly!).
Go to Top of Page

jwoegerbauer

1865 Posts

Posted - 08 mars 2010 :  21:10:51  Show Profile  Visit jwoegerbauer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
@Osprey,

FYI: I concerned myself with the problem of cleaning-up [HKLM\init] and this came out: InitCleaner.mscr, which I've uploaded here.
Go to Top of Page

jeanleclerc

19 Posts

Posted - 09 mars 2010 :  12:50:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bonjour,
Merci beaucoup pour votre explications. Tout est claire et efficace. Bonne continuation.
Go to Top of Page

daniHG

60 Posts

Posted - 09 mars 2010 :  20:01:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
jwoegerbauer,

a thought on your CABInstaller script - which I (by nature curiously) downloaded:

The /noaskdest command-line switch that WinCE's "wceload.exe" supports is the most interesting of all. When you specify it, wceload ignores the rest of the command line. Instead it checks the following registry location
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Apps\Microsoft Application Installer\Install]

The key contents are key/value pairs:
[CAB file path] = [CAB destination directory]
e.g. \Storage Card\MyApp.CAB = \Storage Card\Program Files\My App

To reiterate: in order to install a cab to the memory card, one needs to

1. Copy CAB to the device (e.g. to the memory card)
    2. Create a registry value on the device specifying the cab location and cab destination
    3. Launch wceload.exe with /noaskdest parameter

Your CABInstaller script therefore should - to match MioPocket's needs - be accordingly modified/extended.

Please this hint do not misunderstand!
Go to Top of Page

Osprey

USA
2764 Posts

Posted - 10 mars 2010 :  08:17:47  Show Profile  Visit Osprey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
TroNik,
1. Yeah, that's largely why I felt that InitLauncher wasn't needed, as well.
2. Yeah, I know. It's going to be dependent on explorer.exe only if it exists. Maybe, in the future, I'll make it dependent on device.exe and gwes.exe if explorer.exe doesn't exist.

Go to Top of Page

Meirh18

180 Posts

Posted - 11 mars 2010 :  07:38:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tronik, Bumbum -

Iphone today is great on Magellan maestro 4370. With a few setting adjustments to bumbum's version (to make up for the 800x472 resolution) it is working and looking fantastic. Great job!

Mio C320, Motonav TN565T - MioPocket Release 66 (Sd-Free)
Go to Top of Page

jwoegerbauer

1865 Posts

Posted - 11 mars 2010 :  09:38:29  Show Profile  Visit jwoegerbauer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
@bumbum,

can you upload the CLEANHIVE utility you found in \Windows of your device to Mediafire and share the url? Thx in advance.
Go to Top of Page

bumbum

519 Posts

Posted - 11 mars 2010 :  11:12:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
jwoegerbauer

you can download it here
http://www.mediafire.com/?4nv2iv2wyyn

Go to Top of Page

jwoegerbauer

1865 Posts

Posted - 11 mars 2010 :  13:26:57  Show Profile  Visit jwoegerbauer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
HardReset detection can easily be done by querying

1) value "BootCount" in
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm]
    "BootCount"=dword:00000005

The BootCount value starts with 1 at a cleanboot (hard-reset) and counts with every reboot. In this example device had 1 clean boot and 4 warm boots.

2) value "Last Boot Type" in

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Performance]
    "Last Boot Type"=dword:00000002

After a coldboot this value is 0. For warmboots the value is 2.
*** NOTE: This key may not exists on all devices!

3) existence of a custom file in \Windows (or a custom registry entry)

\Windows\NoHardReset.txt

With a cleanboot all contents is reset to the factory default (except for \Flash File Store (persistent storage) or external memory cards). If you created a file in \Windows or a value in the registry, these are gone after a cleanboot.

@bumbum,

I've tested the CleanHIVE tool (unknown cpu-type, but it ran): On my device it does not a (true) hard-reset, but a soft-reset, i.e. "BootCount" value in [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm] was incremented by 1. Test-entries I've created in the registry are not gone! RAM's \Windows (folders and files) also were not affected!
Go to Top of Page

bumbum

519 Posts

Posted - 11 mars 2010 :  13:44:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@jwoegerbauer
One of the secrets of my device is there is plenty of stuff in windows, which is, if you check it closer, only fragmented. For example, I have sdmemory.dll and sdbus.dll onboard, but device doesn't support SDHC cards. Same for btagsvc.dll onboard but no BT Audiogateway service. A full bundle of BT drivers, but device is only supporting handsfree. Probably for cleanhive it is the same!?

@daniHG

I was curiousely playing arround with BroadcommN560.cab, which is a complete Bluetooth stack freely available to replace the original stack of my other device LOOX N560 WM5. I had tried that in the past, but system denied with error messages. Now I run your wceloadext and then Osprey's cab installer. ==> Not any error message occurs, but if I look closer, there was nothing installed. Any ideas?

Edited by - bumbum on 11 mars 2010 13:51:27
Go to Top of Page

daniHG

60 Posts

Posted - 11 mars 2010 :  19:26:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
bumbum,

on page 8 I've described in detail the two cases (known to me) freeware tool WceLoadExt might be useful.
If you get a message something like

Setup Failed
The file xxxxxxxx.cab is not a valid Windows CE Setup file' is received upon installation.

when trying to install a CAB then you are stuck: This error is generally created when a Windows Mobile Smartphone CAB file is installed on a Pocket PC device, or vice versa. It can also happen if you are installing a Windows Mobile 5.0 CAB file on a Windows Mobile 2003 or 2002 device.
Simply said:
The CAB's internal file-format is wrong. Self-installing CAB files for CE (PocketPC) have a special structure. WcdLoadExt cannot repair this.
Go to Top of Page

bumbum

519 Posts

Posted - 11 mars 2010 :  23:08:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@daniHG

Ok I understand. I am still haven't lost the idea to implement full Bluetooth functionality into Miopocket. Alone my own skills are far away from tho ones you guys own(daniHG, jwoegerbauer, ste, Tronic, osprey etc.). Very disappointing! However, never give up! ;-)

Meirh18

Thanks but all credits belonging to Tronik. Unbelievable how good iPhoneToday run on my antique becker device.

@Tronik, Osprey

is it allowed to offer my skin (which is by far not 100% good) to other boards, of course advertising and directing to download Miopocket and IPT from Homepages ?

Go to Top of Page

Osprey

USA
2764 Posts

Posted - 12 mars 2010 :  04:36:26  Show Profile  Visit Osprey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
bumbum,
If you want to, I don't mind, but I won't provide support for it, of course. Thanks, BTW, for uploading what you did. It's saved me from having to copy and paste the paths from the dozen or so SystemInformation pages.

Go to Top of Page

TroNik

362 Posts

Posted - 12 mars 2010 :  06:54:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Osprey,
You might find the following scripts useful.
I had written the first one a very long time ago when I created a script to automatically create SystemInformation .ini pages from .csv files based on the screen size and desired icon size.
The "1 ini to csv.mscr" was the first step that creates csv files from the current SystemInformation .ini pages.
You will have to run them on your PC (with the PC version of MortScript) in the Pages directory of MioPocket (it will take a while so be patient...).
The "2 csv to xml.mscr" I wrote it when I first started playing with iPhoneToday to create an icons.xml for the MioPocket icons.
You will have to run it in one of the directories that the first script created.
Hope they are helpful.
http://rapidshare.com/files/362248698/ini_csv_xml.rar

bumbum,
iPhoneToday supports relative paths so if you want to share your icons.xml make sure that the paths are relative and not absolute so that they can run on all devices.

Edited by - TroNik on 12 mars 2010 06:54:44
Go to Top of Page

jwoegerbauer

1865 Posts

Posted - 12 mars 2010 :  10:50:02  Show Profile  Visit jwoegerbauer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Implementing a true system-restore mechanism in MioPocket

If Miopocket starts off, then innumerable additions to the registry are made. These additions are not removed in moment you run Remove-MioPocket.mscr, only changes made to existing registry keys are canceled, e.g:

#Restore the complete, original registry (in case the device has a persistent registry)
preInstallationBackup = RegistryFolder\"Exclude\PreInstallationBackup.reg"
If(FileExists(preInstallationBackup))
CallScript("RegistryImport.mscr", preInstallationBackup)
EndIf

To achieve a true system-restore in case of

1) RAM based registry, you firstly should clear all subkeys of HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE and HKEY_CURRENT_USER, to ensure to get rid of the additions made by MioPocket and then secondly copy back the registry snapshot taken before MioPocket got installed.

#Restore the complete, original registry
preInstallationBackup = RegistryFolder\"Exclude\PreInstallationBackup.reg"
If(FileExists(preInstallationBackup))
Call("RegistryDelete","HKCR","")
Call("RegistryDelete","HKLM","")
Call("RegistryDelete","HKCU","")
CallScript("RegistryImport.mscr", preInstallationBackup)
EndIf
Sub RegistryDelete
Local(root,key)
root=argv[1]
key=argv[2]
ForEach variable in regSubkeys(root,key)
RegDeleteKey(root,variable,TRUE,TRUE)
EndForEach
EndSub

2) HIVE based registry you simply copy back the registry hives' snapshot taken before MioPocket got installed.

preInstallationBackup = RegistryFolder\"Exclude\PreInstallationBackup"
If(DirExists(preInstallationBackup))
SystemHive=RegRead("HKLM","init\BootVars","SystemHive")
UserHive=RegRead("HKLM","init\BootVars","ProfileDir")
SystemHiveBkup=FileBase(SystemHive)&FileExt(SystemHive)
#
#restore system
If(FileExists(preInstallationBackup\SystemHiveBkup))
Copy(SystemHiveBkup,SystemHive,TRUE)
EndIf
#
#restore user
If(DirExists(preInstallationBackup\"UserHiveBkup"))
XCopy(preInstallationBackup\"UserHiveBkup\*.*",UserHive,TRUE,TRUE)
EndIf
EndIf

Putting all together, you would modify Remove-MioPocket.mscr as follows:

If(1=RegRead("HKLM","\System\ObjectStore","RegistryType"))
#
#run code related to RAM based registry here

Else
#
#run code related to HIVE based registry here

EndIf

Edited by - jwoegerbauer on 12 mars 2010 11:40:28
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2015_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 4,81 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05