Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2264

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 Mio AIO Forums - www.mionav.com
 MioPocket >> Tips & Tricks & Wishlist & More
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 67

jwoegerbauer

1865 Posts

Posted - 19 janv. 2010 :  12:30:45  Show Profile  Visit jwoegerbauer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi all,

this thread I created in the hope

1) the contributors of MioPocket from time to time come along here to see what MioPocket-users are wishing and/or suggesting to get MioPocket the world's finest PNA/GPS unlocker.

2) MioPocket-users share here their experience (and how-to) in extending the possibilities MioPocket already offers

DON'T EXPECT THAT EVERY POST HERE WILL BE PERFECT FOR EVERYONE!

Links to other sites created and/or maintained by organizations/persons other than me are for information only. I accept no responsibility or liability for access to, or the accuracy of, the material on any site that is linked to from this thread's pages, and I do not necessarily endorse any views expressed within them. I have no control over the availability of the linked pages.

Edited by - jwoegerbauer on 10 déc. 2010 12:08:16

Ads

jwoegerbauer

1865 Posts

Posted - 19 janv. 2010 :  12:31:41  Show Profile  Visit jwoegerbauer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Useful (freeware) applications

Win32

CE

If you know another worthwhile tool that should be listet here, let me know it.

Edited by - jwoegerbauer on 13 mai 2010 09:25:40
Go to Top of Page

jwoegerbauer

1865 Posts

Posted - 19 janv. 2010 :  12:43:06  Show Profile  Visit jwoegerbauer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
MioPocket currently (Rel 56) is missing the feature "Installing .CAB-file stored registry values". Hence I wrote the CABRegistryImport.mscr (based on Osprey's RegistryImport.mscr) as follows:

ErrorLevel("off")
Include("Variables.mscr")
Call("Variables_Install")
##############

CeCABInstaller = "wceload.exe"
# Valid WCELOAD parameters are described here:
# http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms933760.aspx
CeCABInstallerParams = "/delete 0 /noui /noaskdest /nouninstall "

# If a file was supplied as a parameter, import it
cabFile = argv[1]
If(cabFile ne "")
RunWait(CeCABInstaller, CeCABInstallerParams & """" & cabFile & """")
Exit
EndIf

# Import cab-stored registry files
ForEach cabFile in files(RegistryFolder\"*.cab")
EndForEach

# Import cab-stored registry files tailored for 480x272 displays
If(ScreenWidth() = 480)
ForEach cabFile in files(RegistryFolder\"480x272\*.cab")
EndForEach
EndIf

# Import cab-stored registry files intended for this version of CE
ForEach cabFile in files(RegistryFolder\"CE"&CeVersion&"\*.cab")
EndForEach

# Import custom cab-stored registry files
ForEach cabFile in files(RegistryFolder\"Custom\*.cab")
EndForEach

If your copy of MioPocket is missing this feature, you simply can add it:
1) put file CABRegistryImport.mscr into \MioAutoRun\Scripts
2) add following (red tinted) line to Unlock.mscr
#Import registry files
CallScript("RegistryImport.mscr")
CallScript("CABRegistryImport.mscr")

Edited by - jwoegerbauer on 20 janv. 2010 12:44:55
Go to Top of Page

bumbum

519 Posts

Posted - 19 janv. 2010 :  15:08:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@jwoegerbauer
thanks for creating this thread!

I alraedy played arround with a new idea. Some devices like the Becker, (also Medions) I have in front of me don't have the possibilities of backlight control. In case of Becker you have to run "shell.exe" (menu.exe for Medion) to get 100% backlight. So I included into StartupPrograms.mscr

Run("\My Flash Disk\MNAV\shell.exe")
While(not ProcExists("shell.exe"))
Sleep(10000)
EndWhile
Sleep(10000)
Kill("shell.exe")

Probably I have to try some shorter sleep figures, but in general thi script works.

Now backlight is on 100%, which is good for navigation, but not neccessary and interfering when sitting at the desk and doing other apps.

So I stumbled across
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa929114.aspx
Adding an Advanced Backlight Dialog Box

From my Falk device, which has this feature, I extracted from registry
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\BackLight]
"BackLightLevel"=dword:00000064
"OldBatteryTimeout"=dword:0000000f
"OldACTimeout"=dword:0000003c
"AdvancedCPL"="AdvBacklight"
"BacklightOnTap"=dword:00000001
UseExt"=dword:00000000
"UseBattery"=dword:00000000

and also

advbacklight.dll

and put it into Becker's Miopocket.
Now I have in Control Panel/Display/Backlight an additional advanced Button (see picture), but out off funktion

Probably I need a display driver?
Any advice?

Falk F8, only used for real car Navigation, Miopocket Rel. 5? installed / Becker 7928 test device for car and writing desk, always newest Miopocket version / Medion 4435 only test device on writing desk, always newest Miopocket version / Often others

Edited by - bumbum on 24 mai 2010 19:20:31
Go to Top of Page

daniHG

60 Posts

Posted - 19 janv. 2010 :  16:07:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
bumbum,

only if your hardware includes advanced backlight functionality, you should add an Advanced button to the Backlight Control Panel application - as you have done it. Otherwise you get stuck.
Go to Top of Page

jwoegerbauer

1865 Posts

Posted - 19 janv. 2010 :  16:50:59  Show Profile  Visit jwoegerbauer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
@bumbum,

you might consider to steer brightness via MortScript. In the code snippets listet next
valid Brightness / ACBrightness values are in the range 1 - 10

#Read registry settings
Brightness = RegRead ("HKCU", "ControlPanel\Backlight", "Brightness")
ACBrightness = RegRead ("HKCU", "ControlPanel\Backlight", "ACBrightness")

#Set registry settings
RegWriteDword ("HKCU", "ControlPanel\Backlight", "Brightness", 10)
RegWriteDword ("HKCU", "ControlPanel\Backlight", "ACBrightness", 10)

#Set registry settings back to normal use mode
RegWriteDword ("HKCU", "ControlPanel\Backlight", "Brightness", Brightness)
RegWriteDword ("HKCU", "ControlPanel\Backlight", "ACBrightness", ACBrightness)

Go to Top of Page

bumbum

519 Posts

Posted - 19 janv. 2010 :  18:25:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@daniHG
How do I know if my Hardware includes advanced Backlight functionality? All I now is that original shell.exe has the possibility to switch between day and night mode and by the way this function would be fine for me, I do not neccessarily need the Backlight app.

@jwoegerbauer
unfortunately script didn't work. Brightness is set correct in registry, but no change. BTW my Falk's brightness is set in "BackLightLevel"=dword:00000064, no mention of brightness there.

I believe it could really be dependend on Display driver

quote:
Whenever a change occurs in the timeout values, the Control Panel signals an event named BackLightChangeEvent. This event eliminates the need for your display driver to constantly read the registry to monitor the timeout values for changes.

The following example shows a display driver with a background thread that waits for the BackLightChangeEvent event.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee505284.aspx

quote:
To enable a backlight, you must make changes to the OS design, registry, and display driver. For more information, see Enabling a Backlight.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee481928.aspx

Falk F8, only used for real car Navigation, Miopocket Rel. 5? installed / Becker 7928 test device for car and writing desk, always newest Miopocket version / Medion 4435 only test device on writing desk, always newest Miopocket version / Often others

Edited by - bumbum on 19 janv. 2010 18:27:17
Go to Top of Page

jwoegerbauer

1865 Posts

Posted - 19 janv. 2010 :  20:25:51  Show Profile  Visit jwoegerbauer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bumbum

@jwoegerbauer
unfortunately script didn't work. Brightness is set correct in registry, but no change. BTW my Falk's brightness is set in "BackLightLevel"=dword:00000064, no mention of brightness there.

I believe it could really be dependend on Display driver

quote:
Whenever a change occurs in the timeout values, the Control Panel signals an event named BackLightChangeEvent. This event eliminates the need for your display driver to constantly read the registry to monitor the timeout values for changes.

The following example shows a display driver with a background thread that waits for the BackLightChangeEvent event.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee505284.aspx

quote:
To enable a backlight, you must make changes to the OS design, registry, and display driver. For more information, see Enabling a Backlight.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee481928.aspx

If key BackLightLevel is present, then you can enter the hex values 0x00 (decimal 0) -> 0x64 (decimal 100) as value there.
FYI, an on-line conversion tool you find here: http://www.sql-und-xml.de/unicode-database/online-tools/

The MortScript commands to change the brightness then would be

#Read registry settings
Brightness = RegRead ("HKCU", "ControlPanel\Backlight", "BackLightLevel")

#Set registry settings (for e.x. 50%)
RegWriteDword ("HKCU", "ControlPanel\Backlight", "BackLightLevel", 50)

#Set registry settings back to normal use mode
RegWriteDword ("HKCU", "ControlPanel\Backlight", "BackLightLevel", Brightness)

BTW, the links you reported are related to backlight timeouts, CE's PowerManager stuff!
Go to Top of Page

bumbum

519 Posts

Posted - 19 janv. 2010 :  21:04:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@jwoegerbauer

I know links are related to timeouts etc., but thought it's the same for backlight

Unfortunately this time script is not working, BackLightLevel remains the same. But I did the changes manually, changed values to decimal 10 and Softreset (which should normaly not neccessary ==> No Change. Probably daniHG is right?

Go to Top of Page

jwoegerbauer

1865 Posts

Posted - 20 janv. 2010 :  15:45:49  Show Profile  Visit jwoegerbauer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
@Everybody,

if you like me during driving only want to hear the girl's voice, and not to see any maps on the PNA,
you have the choice to either run a screensaver utility, or run your own-made script.

a) PocketCandy, a freeware tool, is not a screensaver itself, but allows your PNA to run screensavers after a specific period of no user interaction, just like your desktop computer. I've re-packaged this utility in a MioPocket 3.0 ready manner and uploaded here. This tiny tool includes 6 screensavers: Blank Screen, Flying Through Space, Mystify, Scrolling Marquee, Spiralling Dots, and Swarm.

b) ToggleDisplayLoop, a script I wrote some times ago. If you also want to implement this script, I've uploaded here, into your copy of Miopocket, then all you need is the two-scripts-package present in folder \MioAutoRun\Scripts and a section in file \MioAutoRun\MioPocket.ini as this one

[ToggleDisplayLoop]
;change to 0 if you don't want to run it
IsEnabled=1
ScrnOffExe="ScreenOff.exe"
ScrnOffExeFullFilepathname=ProgramsFolder\"TroNik\" & ScrnOffExe
NavigationAppWnd="GoPal Navigator"
WaitTime=20
CheckBackSecs=10
StepWidth=20

Edited by - jwoegerbauer on 21 juin 2010 13:23:28
Go to Top of Page

DoDoubleGeo

USA
167 Posts

Posted - 20 janv. 2010 :  18:13:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@ bumbum

Did you try resetting the GPS after making the changes to the backlight registry settings? I know that I have to reset my Magellan Crossover GPS to get it to work.

Magellan XOver 2500T (NA)
Go to Top of Page

daniHG

60 Posts

Posted - 21 janv. 2010 :  11:21:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@bumbum,

if executable \Windows\backlight.exe can be found on your device, and your device has 10 brightness intervals, then try

CurBright = RegRead( "HKCU", "ControlPanel\Backlight", "Brightness" )
If (CurBright <> 10)
Run ( "\windows\backlight.exe" )
Sleep (500)
SendRight (backlight)
Sleep (500)
SendOK ()
Else
Run ( "\windows\backlight.exe" )
Sleep (500)
SendLeft (backlight)
Sleep (50)
SendLeft (backlight)
Sleep (50)
SendLeft (backlight)
Sleep (50)
SendLeft (backlight)
Sleep (50)
SendLeft (backlight)
Sleep (50)
SendLeft (backlight)
Sleep (50)
SendLeft (backlight)
Sleep (50)
SendLeft (backlight)
Sleep (50)
SendLeft (backlight)
Sleep (500)
SendOK ()
EndIf
Go to Top of Page

bumbum

519 Posts

Posted - 21 janv. 2010 :  16:10:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@DoDoubleGeo
I tried also with Softreset, as suggested==> No

@daniHG
unfortunately I don't understand the function of this script, but I tried. No visible changes.

Go to Top of Page

DoDoubleGeo

USA
167 Posts

Posted - 21 janv. 2010 :  22:47:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@ bumbum - Try the following script to change the brightness settings.

###BEGIN SCRIPT###
SetChoiceEntryFormat(18, 14, FontName)

#Retrieve settings from registry
bright = RegRead("HKCU" , "ControlPanel\Backlight", "Brightness")

needsReset = FALSE

brightdef=1
If(bright =10)
brightdef=1
ElseIf(bright =20)
brightdef=2
ElseIf(bright=30)
brightdef=3
ElseIf(bright=40)
brightdef=4
ElseIf(bright=50)
brightdef=5
ElseIf(bright=60)
brightdef=6
ElseIf(bright=70)
brightdef=7
ElseIf(bright=80)
brightdef=8
ElseIf(bright=90)
brightdef=9
ElseIf(bright=100)
brightdef=10
Else
brightdef=7
EndIf

ChoiceDefault("Brightness Settings", "BRIGHTNESS/BACKLIGHT SETTINGS^NL^^NL^** Requires a soft reset to commit changes **", brightdef,0,"10%", "20%", "30%", "40%","50%", "60%", "70%", "80%","90%", "100%")

case 1
brightNew = 10
case 2
brightNew = 20
case 3
brightNew = 30
case 4
brightNew = 40
case 5
brightNew = 50
case 6
brightNew = 60
case 7
brightNew = 70
case 8
brightNew = 80
case 9
brightNew = 90
case 10
brightNew = 100
case 0
Exit
EndChoice

If(bright ne brightNew)
RegWriteDWord("HKCU" , "ControlPanel\Backlight", "Brightness",brightNew)
needsReset = TRUE
EndIf

Call("AskReset")

Sub AskReset
If(needsReset)
doit = Question("Tap YES to reset now, NO if you plan to reset later.","Soft reset now?","YesNo")
If(doit)
Reset
Else
Exit
EndIf
Else
Exit
EndIf
EndSub
###END SCRIPT###

Edited by - DoDoubleGeo on 21 janv. 2010 22:48:30
Go to Top of Page

jwoegerbauer

1865 Posts

Posted - 22 janv. 2010 :  12:20:04  Show Profile  Visit jwoegerbauer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
After having read this thread I knew this is one of the most thrilling pieces of software each MioPocket user should know of: UPX sqeezer. For e.x. running this Win32 application against folder \MioAutoRun\System\CE5 results in a gain of ( 17,960,408 - 6,102,488 = 11,857,920 Bytes ) ~ 12 MB disk-space.

With this hint it concerns the following:
The internal Flash (program memory place) as the internal Bridge to the SD/SDHC map in the PNA's are not the straight fastest in things reading and scanning rate. In both this tip will change nothing, nevertheless can one with the correct means at least the LOAD/START and the storage location of a program improve/make smaller over on average 70%.
Now surely think some: “However moment times, if the file is compressed/packed must it only again be unpacked to become”. That is correct, but that unpack in the RAM goes substantially faster than the complete reading the unpacked or badly compressed original EXE. Because as the RAM neither the Flash memory nor the SD/SDHC map are as fast owing to the slow Bridge eh are expenditure-braked.

A ready-for-use Win32 package authored by Geistteufel you can obtain here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=3540501&postcount=92

Edited by - jwoegerbauer on 22 janv. 2010 12:21:53
Go to Top of Page

DoDoubleGeo

USA
167 Posts

Posted - 22 janv. 2010 :  15:03:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think Osprey has been using UPX for some time now to compress files - probably not all of them though. There were concerns with compressing DLL and CPL files that may contain resources that other files & programs may need.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 67 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1,28 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05