Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2295

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 Garmin nüvi forums
 [TOPIC] Garmin® ecoRoute™ hd via OBD II - Reviews
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 17

LER

USA
212 Posts

Posted - 03 avr. 2011 :  21:23:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
as an FYI, there was an android app update from garmin in the last couple of days,

Garmin SP2720/7.20 Firmware/GTM-12 (5.50)/CNNA NT 2012.30 (Lifetime)
Garmin Nuvi 1690/3.90 Firmware/CNNA NT 2012.30 (Lifetime)
Garmin Nuvi 3790T/4.70 Firmware/CNNA NT 2012.30 (Lifetime)
Go to Top of Page

Carbuff

USA
162 Posts

Posted - 04 avr. 2011 :  01:03:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Barry, I'd try either updating the software for the 3790 (or reloading it via WebUpdater if it is the current version)

I was having problems with my 1490 since the last software update (V5.10)so I reloaded it. No problems in the one day of use, since.

Garmin Support suggested it.

The Carbuff
Nuvi 1490LMT w/EcoRoute HD
Quest 2
NJ, USA
Go to Top of Page

mrmaico

USA
20 Posts

Posted - 06 avr. 2011 :  03:57:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Carbuff, Actually I updated it the day I got it and I did reload it a couple of days after that. I used it a couple of times in my BMW over the weekend and it worked great and now for a couple of days back and forth from work and no problems. Hopefully it's worked out any bugs it might have had.

I have to say though there are some things that make me miss my old 2610. Number one would have to be the remote control. I know you're not supposed to mess with them while driving but who can honestly say they never do that? I was driving with it set to track up and tried to pan ahead on the map and it switched itself to north up (or was it the other way around?) is that normal? I'll just have to get used to the dumbing down of things I guess. Sorry I guess I should be asking this in a different forum.....
Go to Top of Page

speedlever

USA
174 Posts

Posted - 06 avr. 2011 :  15:26:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I also came from a 2610 and sometimes miss the remote. I also miss the ease of changing recalculation methods too.

-speedy
Go to Top of Page

robbiex

USA
218 Posts

Posted - 06 avr. 2011 :  17:49:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I finally have an ecoRoute HD Bluetooth interface.
As expected, it is not compatible with the industry standard protocols and cannot be used except with the Garmin listed GPS units.
Go to Top of Page

mrmaico

USA
20 Posts

Posted - 07 avr. 2011 :  01:45:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Went for a 150 mile drive today and it was still working great. I noticed on the "Trip Information Page" right under your current speed is a small coolant temp graph and in the upper right was a volt gauge.

http://mrmaico.smugmug.com/Cars/BMW-333Ci/77216/1242573775_XEQey-M.png

Sorry if this is a repost, haven't had a chance to read this whole thread yet.

Edited by - mrmaico on 07 avr. 2011 01:47:19
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

94027 Posts

Posted - 07 avr. 2011 :  04:58:21  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes, the "speedometer" gets modified when the ecoRoute HD module is plugged in, much more data is available on the ecoRoute page though. You can also add instant MPG reading in one of the fields of the map page.

Discounts and Assistance/Réductions et Assistance (Club GpsPasSion) / Où commencer?
Go to Top of Page

robbiex

USA
218 Posts

Posted - 11 avr. 2011 :  23:45:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The 2460LMT finally came in. It paired properly with the Garmin HD Bluetooth interface and the engine parameter displays function correctly.

There are two problems.
First, there doesn't appear to be any easy means of sharing the OBD-II data between the 2460 and another device. Possibly this could be done with a serial port server or a sniffer.
Second, Garmin is using a proprietary serial data protocol and the details are unknown.

For those who would like to do Visual Basic programming with OBD-II data that are transmitted from an ELM327 integrated circuit, I can recommend Malcom's OBDApp program. He posted the code on the WWW.mp3car.com forum 9/3/2010.

We have expanded this code and would be interested in sharing it with anyone would would like to test and/or contribute to the project.

Robbie
Go to Top of Page

speedlever

USA
174 Posts

Posted - 12 avr. 2011 :  16:36:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'd just like to know if I can successfully use a cable splitter with my ecoRoute HD device and still leave a port open for inspections/maintenance.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000TMCX72/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&m=A1C2436WDJ39HA

-speedy
Go to Top of Page

mrmaico

USA
20 Posts

Posted - 12 avr. 2011 :  18:29:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
PER OUR FAQ, PLEASE DO NOT QUOTE IF THE MESSAGE IS DIRECTLY ABOVE. THANKS.

I asked one of the mechanics here at work and his reply was "Good question". I think you'd just have to try it and see what happens.

Barry

Edited by - danham on 12 avr. 2011 18:55:22
Go to Top of Page

lumis

Canada
8 Posts

Posted - 12 avr. 2011 :  19:02:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello, just got my Ecoroute HD cable for my Nuvi 1690. It works well except for a couple of problems. When you shut the vehicle off you get 2 options shut down the nuvi or have it remain on. The remain on doesn't seem to work for me, it just goes back to the previous screen and shut down is the only option that works. One of the features of the HD cable is that it is suppose to store information when your nuvi is not being used. I drove with my nuvi for 1 hour, same day I took a short trip without the nuvi in the car. The information wasn't updated from the short trip without the nuvi. This was all done on the same day. Is anyone else having these problems?
Go to Top of Page

speedlever

USA
174 Posts

Posted - 12 avr. 2011 :  21:45:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I haven't seen that screen shutdown issue. My 1690 either remains on if I tell it to or shuts off if I tell it to. I don't recall driving without the 1690 so haven't experienced the issue of not retaining data.

Are you completely up-to-date on all firmware? One of the things I recall is that the HD device d/l and update when I first hooked it up.

-speedy
Go to Top of Page

robbiex

USA
218 Posts

Posted - 12 avr. 2011 :  21:46:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Speedy,

The splitter cable should work for the convenience of providing two sockets, especially if the ecoRoute HD interface is tied underneath the dash.
The difficulty is that OBD-II is a very poorly designed protocol. There is a problem if two external devices are attached to the interface and are active at the same time. The OBD-II system has no way of knowing which of two interfaces sent a command and a reply would go to both of them.
There are possible electronic solutions to the problem. They are likely to be expensive and I know of no currently available hardware.
The Garmin problem is especially difficult because they use a protocol that is incompatible with the ELM327 standard.

Go to Top of Page

lumis

Canada
8 Posts

Posted - 12 avr. 2011 :  21:57:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi speedlever and thanks for your reply,
All the firmware is up to date for both the device and cable. do you get the same "engine off " screen and it works for you?

Edited by - lumis on 12 avr. 2011 22:02:07
Go to Top of Page

Carbuff

USA
162 Posts

Posted - 12 avr. 2011 :  23:09:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My 1490 w/ecoRoute asks if I want to shut it down once when the engine turns off and once (later) when the power to the Nuvi is turned off. (I have a Honda with a lighter socket that is off with ignition.)

Sometimes when I keep the Nuvi ON (as at a gas station for example)the ecoRoute will not reconnect when I'm under way again. When everything is turned off, it WILL reconnect.

++++++++++++

Also, I just did a Master Reset of my 1490 (not for an ecoRoute problem) and it has changed the settings somehow.

EG, for a minute or two after resetting the EcoRoute data, the fuel mileage window says "RECALIBRATING" . Never did THAT before.

Also, my MPG display seems MUCH lower after the Master Reset. EG, in the "coast" mode going down my one long hill, I used to see over 240 MPG displayed on the GPS. Now I'm lucky to see 180.

This has not changed the calculated fuel mileage figures I get on the AT THE PUMP screen. Aside from the slight variation in mileage figures, the tank MPG comes out the same as I calculate manually.

The Carbuff
Nuvi 1490LMT w/EcoRoute HD
Quest 2
NJ, USA
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 17 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,44 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05