Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com
fiogf49gjkf0d

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2802

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 Magellan Roadmate and Maestro AIOs
 Maestro 4250 brick fix - see my post page 4 first!
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 14

jstrongoh

2 Posts

Posted - 27 juil. 2010 :  23:18:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
To Skunk....
Skunk...I have A Magellan GPS 4250 that powers up blue Magellan screen, paints a stripe then sits. I have followed the steps outlined in detail and to no avail. I thought I remember a post where you were asking for more bodies to test with? If yes let me know, I have one.
Jon
Go to Top of Page

skunk

USA
82 Posts

Posted - 28 juil. 2010 :  05:15:22  Show Profile  Visit skunk's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I asked chris about that (this is his girlfriend) he is interested as he just got back into messing with the GPS units, although it will be about a week of recovering from major eye surgery he had today, he's in alot of pain and cant see very well right now. If you like, send over the info (if he needs any) to skunk@offroadnuts.com.

Thank you
Go to Top of Page

plosacco

1 Posts

Posted - 29 nov. 2010 :  03:35:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Skunk -- You're a genius! Just a quick thank you. I followed the instructions on page 4 of this post and was able to recover my bricked 4250. I really appreciate the time you took to provide such excellent information.
Go to Top of Page

skunk

USA
82 Posts

Posted - 29 nov. 2010 :  05:08:15  Show Profile  Visit skunk's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Glad it worked out for you...

I'm diggin into droid OS GPS hacks now... definitly not as easy as the megellans
Go to Top of Page

ronbo85

68 Posts

Posted - 03 déc. 2010 :  02:51:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Chris, glad to see you hangin in there. We need to catch up soon

Magellan Maestro 4250 with Miopocket R64 SD Free Unlock
Go to Top of Page

nickyrock

16 Posts

Posted - 09 déc. 2010 :  17:08:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Greetings everyone,

I have been in search of a possible way to fix my sons magellan maestro 4250 since I attempted to update the firmware (Magellan_Maestro_4250_4_86_Rel1) on thanksgiving of this year 2010 and it didn't take and ended up botching the gps unit. It's condition at first was that when first powering on it showed the blue magellan splash screen, then the normal warning screen with the ok, then it shot into the system settings where I could do anything but back out via the arrow on the lower left of the screen. In my search of help (after wasting my time with magellan tech support on the phone) I ran accross these forums GpsPasSion and I thought thank goodness I may find an answer! I have read alot especially this thread and downloaded some files discussed, and have even formated the hdd (ONLY the hdd) and updated OS so I still have the blue splash. I thought I was good to go once I seen the initial setup screens when first booting up only to end up on a map not compatable with this unit. There was never a backup made for this unit so I don't have the maps that were on it. I have found some but they don't seem to be compatable as I believe they were backed up from someone's gps unit and I think that tie's it to that unit. I need direction from the pro's (ya'll lol) I seem to loose everything I transfer to the hdd after I load stuff to it and try to boot it again. maybe I'm rebooting it wrong? not sure but really aggrevating as I feel I should have already had this thing fixed by this time. I am somewhat geeky but gps devices are new to me since thanksgiving. I seem to get to the transfering files to the 4250 fine but when I reboot the unit after the file transfer is done I done't get any further than the blue mag splash screen, it just sits there.

Magellan Maestro 4250

Edited by - nickyrock on 11 déc. 2010 18:20:05
Go to Top of Page

skunk

USA
82 Posts

Posted - 09 déc. 2010 :  20:28:09  Show Profile  Visit skunk's Homepage  Reply with Quote
if your getting a "non cpmpatability error" you whiped out the s/n, the s/n is stored on a hidden partition of the HDD, so if you formatted the HDD, the s/n is history.
you should be able to go into the HDD via usb to see whats in there, if the maps exsist, they should work fine, but the issue I believe your having is that you invalidated the firmware by formatting the HDD. if you read my instructions, it says to NEVER format the HDD unless your sure that you want to run an aftermarket setup.

unfortunatly, you wont get the factory setup back, you have to move on to bigger and better things.

follow my instructions on page 4, copy gpsbackup.rar directly to the HDD and use iGO8, imo, its better than the factory magellan software. or better yet, get a Droid, I've hacked the hell outta those things, I'm running a Droid X with google nav, navigon, and aura... along with earth pro so not only do I get accurate nav runing off of cell towers, GPS satellites, and wifi, I get satellite imagry overlay.

plus free wifi hotspot (root required)
Go to Top of Page

nickyrock

16 Posts

Posted - 10 déc. 2010 :  07:11:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ok will try transfering after market via sd card (since it's still on the sd lol) now after I copy everything how should I restart the 4250

1) hold power button till unit powers off, remove sd card, power on with power button

2) push and hold reset to reboot

3) exit filemance

I think alot of my uncertinty is how to shut down and boot back up after transfering files from sd or usb.

Magellan Maestro 4250
Go to Top of Page

skunk

USA
82 Posts

Posted - 10 déc. 2010 :  08:39:57  Show Profile  Visit skunk's Homepage  Reply with Quote
transfer the files (unzipped) directly to your HDD via usb, thats how that file is set up. then just hold in the power button until it resets, dont hit the reset button. after restarting, it will show several screen then a menu, wait a few min and the aftermarket will begin to load, your done!
Go to Top of Page

nickyrock

16 Posts

Posted - 10 déc. 2010 :  20:53:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ok fist off I don't have a white screen at boot, it's blue with magellan logo in white. so I followed your steps on page 4 except the white screen GPSbackup part, at first had trouble with the 4250 during usb file transfer where it disappears, so switched over from the windows xp pc back to the windows 7 pc as it has usb 2.0 (xp pc has 1.1) must of had a good connection this time as the mag4250 files all transfered without a hitch. I was concerned how the 4250 would act once it discovered there are no maps on it as I do not have the originals, nor have I purchased any up to this point. I have the 2009 spring update I found somewhere and I copied the us imi and poi over into a new folder MAP and after they finished transfering I walked away for a moment to get a drink, then came back and disconnected the usb from the 4250 which reboots it, seen the blue mag splash and waited... and waited.... and it never progressed beyond that. am I doing something wrong? I feel like I am so fricken close then it does that... GRRRRRRRRRRRRR
-----------------------------------------------------

ok I tried transfering the GPS backup via usb and it went great until the transfer was finished and I disconnected the usb from the 4250 and it rebotted again to the mag blue splash screen... and no further. not sure what else to try. I powered off and put the sd back in and it booted into the FM but HDD does not show up, what's that all about? if I format HDD then HDD shows up in FM on sd.

Magellan Maestro 4250

Edited by - nickyrock on 11 déc. 2010 00:48:03
Go to Top of Page

skunk

USA
82 Posts

Posted - 11 déc. 2010 :  01:27:44  Show Profile  Visit skunk's Homepage  Reply with Quote
sounds like your firmware is missing something or corrupt, try reinstalling the update manually.
Go to Top of Page

nickyrock

16 Posts

Posted - 11 déc. 2010 :  01:39:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
when I trans the barebone files in the APP directory to the 4250 and exit the FM unit boots up to setup screens, then into system settings. now in product information I do see a SN the only thing in there that is blank is FW version. that means I still have SN right? and if so should be able to turn this back into factory state. I don't understand why I can't get it to boot up after transfering files to it. I tried disconnectiong the usb from the 4250, and powering off using the power button, then disconnecting usb and powering on with power button both ways I get the initial blue screen with white mag logo, then 2nd blue screen with mag logo and loading progress bar then it stops when the bar is full and sits there.

Magellan Maestro 4250
Go to Top of Page

nickyrock

16 Posts

Posted - 11 déc. 2010 :  01:41:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by skunk

sounds like your firmware is missing something or corrupt, try reinstalling the update manually.

not sure how I would go about doing that.

Magellan Maestro 4250
Go to Top of Page

skunk

USA
82 Posts

Posted - 11 déc. 2010 :  02:35:56  Show Profile  Visit skunk's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Post 9 on page 4 of this thead, follow it exactlly up to "****ONLY IF you have a "white screen" 4250...." (dont do that part)

that will revive a unit with a valid s/n and put factory nav back on it. after getting it back working and tested, overwrite the map and poi files with the newer ones you have.
Go to Top of Page

nickyrock

16 Posts

Posted - 11 déc. 2010 :  18:49:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by skunk

Post 9 on page 4 of this thead, follow it exactlly up to "****ONLY IF you have a "white screen" 4250...." (dont do that part)

that will revive a unit with a valid s/n and put factory nav back on it. after getting it back working and tested, overwrite the map and poi files with the newer ones you have.

10-4 followed your instructions to the letter and all went well till I rebooted the 4250 and it went no further than the blue mag splash screen. I tried transfering files via usb, and sd card... but when I used the sd card I exited FM(file/exit) and it softbooted to the blue mag splash, the the warning, then to "this map is not compatable with this unit" now I also tried transfering the GPS backup of yours and exited FM soft booted into setup screens then got out of there and it looked as though it was installing aftermarket MP and then it rebooted and I was stuck yet again at the blue mag splash screen. could this problem be related to the 3 sets of bin files?(update os using set 3, then 2, then 1, one set on sd card at a time) I am confused about those and what they do, why the extension has to be changed on the BL's could you perhaps share a bit more detailed knowledge of the bin files? now I opened a file (Setup.mgup) in Magellan_Maestro_4250_4_86_Rel1 and discovered what it puts where when the update program is used.

UpgradeSettings Magellan Maestro 4250 0803 4.86
Q1 2005 WW

COPY_NAV_4250
\COPY_GROUP_1\HDD\APP

COPY_APP_4250
\COPY_GROUP_2\HDD\APP

COPY_VRGrammars
\COPY_GROUP_3\HDD

COPY_BOOT
\COPY_GROUP_4\HDD

COPY_OS
\COPY_GROUP_5\HDD

COPY_USR
\COPY_GROUP_6\HDD\USR

COPY_USER
\COPY_GROUP_7\HDD

COPY_SAME
\COPY_GROUP_8\HDD\SYS\USBTRANS

Action \HDD\SYS\USBTRANS\Unit.xml

Magellan Maestro 4250

Edited by - nickyrock on 11 déc. 2010 19:59:16
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 14 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2017_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1,03 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05