Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com
fiogf49gjkf0d

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2801

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 Magellan Roadmate and Maestro AIOs
 Maestro 4250 brick fix - see my post page 4 first!
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 14

muchepicfail

4 Posts

Posted - 23 mai 2010 :  00:14:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I used the backup folder to fix my bricked 4250 once before. Worked fine then suddenly, when i try to open igo8, nothing happens; program won't launch. I'm pretty sure I didn't delete anything that messed with igo8...
Go to Top of Page

machomanie

5 Posts

Posted - 25 mai 2010 :  20:36:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Would you be kind enough to paste the link again (with tts)?
Thanks in advance.

quote:
Originally posted by skunk

quote:
Originally posted by machomanie

Hi all,
Does anyone have answers for these?
1. Are there any map update links for Mag 4250?
2. Why cant I get igo8 through MP run in full screen?
3. Why is the tts on igo8 not working in this model?
Thanks in advance...

if you used my backup copied to your flash drive, you should have nne of these problems.... actually wait, my bad... the TTS I added after I uploaded the backup... I'll have to update it

Go to Top of Page

wsuggs

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 29 mai 2010 :  13:54:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Skunk I have a roadmate 800 which I stupidly reformatted the hard drive hoping to get past a password request. My wife and I do not know where the password came from.Found info somewhere on forum on how to get into the harddrive menu and get past the password request.

Anyway I should have copied the hd to a memory card but didn't. My question is, can it be restored ? Magellan is no help. What units are the best in hand held units? All Magellan wants to do is sell you a new one!Any help would be appreciated.I can fix about anything electronic but programming isn't my cup of tea!

Bill
Go to Top of Page

ronbo85

68 Posts

Posted - 29 mai 2010 :  19:07:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, I have a RM 760 thats works fine, a RM700 that boots ok but wont lock sats and a RM800 on the way. If there is something on them that you can use I will help. I was hoping somone on here would help me with maps for a RM360 I have

Magellan Maestro 4250 with Miopocket R64 SD Free Unlock
Go to Top of Page

yonu

11 Posts

Posted - 05 juin 2010 :  08:39:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
has anyone figured out a way to get the factory maestro app to work using this method yet?
Go to Top of Page

skunk

USA
82 Posts

Posted - 07 juin 2010 :  01:48:48  Show Profile  Visit skunk's Homepage  Reply with Quote
not that I know of....

I'll be out of the loop for a while, I was involved in a severe accident over the memorial day weekend and I have to have one of my eyes removed, not pleasent at all, alot of pain especially when trying to read, I'll let you all know when I;m back in business
Go to Top of Page

yonu

11 Posts

Posted - 07 juin 2010 :  02:29:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
sounds like it and good luck with the surgery

I can tell you from personal experience eye surgery sucks I have to have mine operated on every year. Also take your time getting used to not having depth perception
Go to Top of Page

ronbo85

68 Posts

Posted - 07 juin 2010 :  02:49:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by skunk

not that I know of....

I'll be out of the loop for a while, I was involved in a severe accident over the memorial day weekend and I have to have one of my eyes removed, not pleasent at all, alot of pain especially when trying to read, I'll let you all know when I;m back in business

God Speed Chris

Magellan Maestro 4250 with Miopocket R64 SD Free Unlock

Edited by - ronbo85 on 07 juin 2010 02:49:43
Go to Top of Page

mikefootusa

USA
23 Posts

Posted - 10 juin 2010 :  18:51:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Skunk,
My prayers are with you bro! You'll be back at it quicker than you think. My Dad lost an eye when in his 30's and he never skipped a beat...fishing and playing golf right into his late 70's...bone marrow cancer got him though. God gave you two for a reason...like mirroring a HD...still got a backup. Will be looking for your return...
Peace out
Mike

I don't always agree with Gypsy (my GPS) but I don't have to sleep with her!
Go to Top of Page

abrown61

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 16 juin 2010 :  08:22:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've been following this thread keenly, and tried all the steps to get from the blue Magellan splash screen locked up with the completion bar at 100%. No Luck! With each GS499_MX_*.bin I get the Bootloader Menu that says File GS499_*.bin found
Updating OS image....
OS image updated! Please Reboot
And then it reboots automatically and gets stuck again. I have avoided the format HDD step, but am afraid I'll have to just go ahead and do it. Any one have any other suggestions?

AWBTOO
Go to Top of Page

twalker2591

1 Posts

Posted - 27 juin 2010 :  07:23:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Skunk, I need your help and maybe I can Give final anser to the problem of blue screen & S/N.

1. I followed your instructions explicitly and when my 4250 re-boots, it says this Navigator is not for this unit.

2. for some reason my laptop is reading my Maestro 4250 as a Hard Drive G: So before making the final paste from the 4250 RAR I was @ Windows explorer and coppied all the files from my gps before over-write. I also opwened the 1 file in sys (unit_id.dat) w/notepad and it looks like the serial no is stored there

3. In exploring I also turned all hidden files/folders to display. On the GPS Hard-drive I found a Hidden SYS file named "Restore".
It appears to have 3 dated backup folders.

Do you have any idea how to restore these folders easily. Otherwise I would have to rename them back to original based on parameters such as filt type, Size, etc and just hoping.

I think what happened before I came across your post, I was trying to set up new hardware to read the GPS. Now this computer wants to recognize as a hard drive.

Also, I have a Roadmate 6000 w/ blue screen. If we can get the restore function mabye all magllans can get put bact to use.

Thanks,
Tom

TomW
Go to Top of Page

mikefootusa

USA
23 Posts

Posted - 27 juin 2010 :  15:16:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Tom,
Nice to see someone else digging in to see if we can eliminate this problem. Eagerly awaiting the outcome.

Skunk...hope you are feeling more comfortable with the eye now...eagerly awaiting your return as well.
Mike

I don't always agree with Gypsy (my GPS) but I don't have to sleep with her!
Go to Top of Page

jstrongoh

2 Posts

Posted - 29 juin 2010 :  22:35:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a Magellan 4250 that powers up with the blue screen and paints the stripe then stops. I have tried the procedure listed here several times, and have yet to have it load anything past the blue line. Wondering about the edit on the unit.xml file. Actual line 27 from the top seems like an odd place to insert that text. Possible to post the edited file text that is known to work?

Thanks for the help.....

Edited by - jstrongoh on 29 juin 2010 22:36:20
Go to Top of Page

skunk

USA
82 Posts

Posted - 29 juin 2010 :  23:12:52  Show Profile  Visit skunk's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by twalker2591

Skunk, I need your help and maybe I can Give final anser to the problem of blue screen & S/N.

1. I followed your instructions explicitly and when my 4250 re-boots, it says this Navigator is not for this unit.

2. for some reason my laptop is reading my Maestro 4250 as a Hard Drive G: So before making the final paste from the 4250 RAR I was @ Windows explorer and coppied all the files from my gps before over-write. I also opwened the 1 file in sys (unit_id.dat) w/notepad and it looks like the serial no is stored there

3. In exploring I also turned all hidden files/folders to display. On the GPS Hard-drive I found a Hidden SYS file named "Restore".
It appears to have 3 dated backup folders.

Do you have any idea how to restore these folders easily. Otherwise I would have to rename them back to original based on parameters such as filt type, Size, etc and just hoping.

I think what happened before I came across your post, I was trying to set up new hardware to read the GPS. Now this computer wants to recognize as a hard drive.

Also, I have a Roadmate 6000 w/ blue screen. If we can get the restore function mabye all magllans can get put bact to use.

Thanks,
Tom

most of the 'unit' files are read only, if you notice, if you try to change or add info to it, when the unit is restarted the file in question goes back to what it was prior ot editing it. the s/n is on a separate partition of the flash drive, apparently needing special soft/hardware to read/modify it. your pc reading the unit as harddrive is not unusual, we just have to find the missing partition that supplies the s/n. it would be on anohter partition with another letter for the drive.
If your getting "Navigator is not for this unit" you no longer have a valid s/n (probably formatted somewhere along the line)
The restore files you found are for factory default settings, not the s/n.
now if you somehow come up with 2 drives for the unit, thats what were looking for.
Go to Top of Page

abrown61

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 09 juil. 2010 :  10:12:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I prepared an SD memory chip as indicated in page 4 post with the fmance.exe(renamed "ToCopy.exe")with related .dll's, and a new APP folder as directed. Since softbutton.exe does not exist until you add it somewhere, the modifications to the .xml files don't do anything unless you also create a directory on the TFAT/HDD drive that agrees with the path name. I just put softbutton.exe file in the APP folder.
My 4250 would never respond to the reset button, so I went ahead and took the "format HDD" step on the bootloader screen before doing "update OS". Now it allows use of reset button and goes to fmance screen. After copying the APP folder to the HDD,which was totally empty I ran softbutton by double clicking on it, and then ran mgnshell.exe. At this point navigator.exe and MAP directory are not present. mgnshell runs just like a first time use, and creates a SYS directory on HDD Which contains the USBTrans subdirectory containg unit_id.dat file with the correct device serial number as printed on the label on the back of the 4250.
What that tells us is that the serial number is not affected by doing the "format HDD" step in the bootloader.

AWBTOO
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 14 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2017_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,76 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05