Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com
fiogf49gjkf0d

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2802

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 Magellan Roadmate and Maestro AIOs
 Maestro 4250 brick fix - see my post page 4 first!
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 14

skunk

USA
82 Posts

Posted - 30 avr. 2010 :  02:40:40  Show Profile  Visit skunk's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by vf144

skunk,

should that method work for Maestro 3225?
using Magellan_Maestro_3225_4_72_Rel2.zip instead...

Thanks

unfortunatly I cant answer that as i havent tried it myself, in theory it couldwork but I'm not sure, feel free to try it but at your own risk.
Sorry I coulnt be more help to you
Go to Top of Page

mikefootusa

USA
23 Posts

Posted - 30 avr. 2010 :  16:38:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey all,
Just picked up a 5310 all by itself (no charger) then I figured out that it doesn't charge through the USB port. Fortunately, someone had sent the wrong charger with another unit...and it happened to be the right one! Anyway, the 5310 won't access a bootloader menu like the 4250's. With this one the power switch does not shut the unit off...and holding the reset button and power switch does nothing...but reboots when I let go of the reset button.
Is anyone familiar with the 5310? Can I take and recopy and rename the proper files from the 4.72 frimware, put them on SD cards and just reboot with the card in? Thanks to Skunk and KhaKev I got my 4250's running great. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated...the bigger screen is better for my wife who has MS.
Thanx guys
Mike

I don't always agree with Gypsy (my GPS) but I don't have to sleep with her!
Go to Top of Page

gps4ever

2 Posts

Posted - 08 mai 2010 :  21:17:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey skunk, would what you described in this thread work with the maestro 3250? It should be the same as the 4250, just smaller in screen size.
Go to Top of Page

skunk

USA
82 Posts

Posted - 09 mai 2010 :  21:52:58  Show Profile  Visit skunk's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gps4ever

hey skunk, would what you described in this thread work with the maestro 3250? It should be the same as the 4250, just smaller in screen size.

as far as I know the size is the only main difference, although I have never worked with that particular unit, so I cant guarantee it will work, but if its bricked, theres nothing to loose.

mikefootusa: as for the 5310 I really dont know, I never messed with that model.
Go to Top of Page

DotMatrix

3 Posts

Posted - 09 mai 2010 :  22:49:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey All,

I have a Maestro 3250 and need help returning it back to the original state running the Magellan OS and GPS. It is a working unit that was running everything fine. I formatted the HDD thinking it would help with a fresh install of the OS and maps but found out it would not even boot up now. Please Help!!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

skunk

USA
82 Posts

Posted - 10 mai 2010 :  02:21:51  Show Profile  Visit skunk's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DotMatrix

Hey All,

I have a Maestro 3250 and need help returning it back to the original state running the Magellan OS and GPS. It is a working unit that was running everything fine. I formatted the HDD thinking it would help with a fresh install of the OS and maps but found out it would not even boot up now. Please Help!!!!!!

if you want the factory software your SOL, once you formatted the HDD you eraced the serial number which is unreversable, noone has found a way to get a s/n back onto the Maestro series, your only options are sending it to Magellan (which will cost you bigtime) or go with aftermarket software outlined in this thread.
Go to Top of Page

mikefootusa

USA
23 Posts

Posted - 10 mai 2010 :  03:02:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Skunk,
Thanks for the reply. Since then I have been able to get the unit to recognize USB connection...serial number was gone so I reformatted and copied gpsbackup to the HD. Still won't get past reboot after progress bar completes. Did glean a tidbit of info from the end screen of AAA update...that if the unit is a 5310, then you have to treat the HD like an old cd or dvd drive and go to "eject". But now I can't get it to recognize USB again. If anyone knows how to access bootloader...I'd appreciate a heads up.
Thanx
Mike

Go to Top of Page

DotMatrix

3 Posts

Posted - 10 mai 2010 :  04:09:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Skunk,

Thanks for the reply, this is a bit of a shock to know that only the experts at Magellan can be the only ones to know how to re-install the factory OS........I may call Magellan just to see what they say about re-installing it and how much it will cost. I have heard that they are not into helping the customers that keeps them all having jobs. True, I have seen many posts on the web about aftermarket software, do you have a suggestion on a quick way to be able to at least charge the unit form the car charger, so I don't run out of battery life? If so, I can at least keep it charged while I mess it. Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

skunk

USA
82 Posts

Posted - 10 mai 2010 :  04:18:37  Show Profile  Visit skunk's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Magellan has less then desirable customer service, give em a call to see what they say, as for charging it via the car charger, either a ac to dc converter with a cigarette lighter outlet, Im guessing you dont have the AC charger, you can plug it into your usb port on your PC, it charges mine not sure if it will work on the 3250 but its worth a shot.
Go to Top of Page

DotMatrix

3 Posts

Posted - 10 mai 2010 :  05:53:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by skunk

Magellan has less then desirable customer service, give em a call to see what they say, as for charging it via the car charger, either a ac to dc converter with a cigarette lighter outlet, Im guessing you dont have the AC charger, you can plug it into your usb port on your PC, it charges mine not sure if it will work on the 3250 but its worth a shot.

I have the car charger, but I don't want to run out of battery life. I have been keeping it on for short periods while I mess with it trying to get other software on it, but it has not been on a charge since I formatted it, so I was looking for some type of way to charge it, i guess through some after market software or something so doesn't go dead. Tried to install iGo8 on just to get it on the charger.......but no luck yet.....but I might have not done it right.
Go to Top of Page

machomanie

5 Posts

Posted - 20 mai 2010 :  23:59:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all,
Does anyone have answers for these?
1. Are there any map update links for Mag 4250?
2. Why cant I get igo8 through MP run in full screen?
3. Why is the tts on igo8 not working in this model?
Thanks in advance...
Go to Top of Page

skunk

USA
82 Posts

Posted - 21 mai 2010 :  00:34:26  Show Profile  Visit skunk's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by machomanie

Hi all,
Does anyone have answers for these?
1. Are there any map update links for Mag 4250?
2. Why cant I get igo8 through MP run in full screen?
3. Why is the tts on igo8 not working in this model?
Thanks in advance...

if you used my backup copied to your flash drive, you should have nne of these problems.... actually wait, my bad... the TTS I added after I uploaded the backup... I'll have to update it
Go to Top of Page

mikefootusa

USA
23 Posts

Posted - 21 mai 2010 :  01:58:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey all,
Anyone know how to correct the "USB connected" notice popping up when connected to the charger? I have encountered this problem on both the Magellan 4250 and the 3200.
Thanx
Mike

Go to Top of Page

skunk

USA
82 Posts

Posted - 21 mai 2010 :  03:28:45  Show Profile  Visit skunk's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mikefootusa

Hey all,
Anyone know how to correct the "USB connected" notice popping up when connected to the charger? I have encountered this problem on both the Magellan 4250 and the 3200.
Thanx
Mike

I've only heard of this happening due to hardware failure, meaning that something may be wrong with the main board, 1 way around that I found is to use MioPocket and switch to active sync mode. This problem is suspect to a defaulted charger putting out the wrong voltage, it only takes one time this happening to mess the unit up permenently.
Go to Top of Page

mikefootusa

USA
23 Posts

Posted - 21 mai 2010 :  04:35:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanx Skunk,
I thought it might either be that or a bridged connection at the leads on the USB connector. What is the procedure for getting Miopocket to run on the 3200 from an SD card? Your gpsbackup works great on the 4250 with all files copied to the HD. Do you have a file for running on SD?
Thanx
Mike

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 14 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2017_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,5 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05