Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com
fiogf49gjkf0d

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2791

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 Magellan Roadmate and Maestro AIOs
 Maestro 4250 brick fix - see my post page 4 first!
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 14

ibuyufo

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 18 janv. 2010 :  09:53:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Skunk. Maybe I should have clarified what I said. The unit that has the serial number erased has all the files still in the hard disk. I made a backup of all the files found in there.
The unit that has the serial number has all the files in the hard drive erased. I tried to copy all the files from the 1st unit with no serial number into this one but on a reboot it erases everything. The way I found out that the serial number was there is I copied everything in Copy_Folder2 into an SD card. I booted off of the SD card and it threw me into the config page. I was able to click on the product information button and it shows the serial number but no firmware.
Go to Top of Page

skunk

USA
82 Posts

Posted - 18 janv. 2010 :  22:37:55  Show Profile  Visit skunk's Homepage  Reply with Quote
ibuyufo: if you can get the files back in there try to copy the navigator.exe out of Copy_Folder_1 into the \APP folder, this will allow the OEM nav program to boot, see if that works as a starting point.
Go to Top of Page

ibuyufo

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 19 janv. 2010 :  06:14:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Skunk, do I need to change the GS399AutoRun.inf so it'll startup Navigator.exe? I'm not sure because I changed it and the progress bar gets stuck at 100%
Go to Top of Page

skunk

USA
82 Posts

Posted - 19 janv. 2010 :  06:51:39  Show Profile  Visit skunk's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ibuyufo

Skunk, do I need to change the GS399AutoRun.inf so it'll startup Navigator.exe? I'm not sure because I changed it and the progress bar gets stuck at 100%

I dont believe you need to change that file name.

try this:

1. download and un-rar this file:
http://offroadnuts.com/GPS/Magellan4250

2. connect your unit via USB
3. overwrite all the files in the download to your flashdrive.

let me know your results. its from a working OEM setup.
its hard for me to direct you otherwise being that I dont have a unit with a valid s/n on it, but this should work, if it does, we'll work on updating the maps.
Go to Top of Page

ibuyufo

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 19 janv. 2010 :  09:01:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Skunk. I'll download the magellan4250 file and give it a go. hopefully it will work and I'll let you know.
Go to Top of Page

staterowdy

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 20 janv. 2010 :  07:29:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Skunk,

I have two 4250, and both are screwed up. I followed the steps you suggested. I downloaded the file, and transferred it to GPS unit. Now when i boot i am able to clear the Magellan warning screen by hitting ok...but after that it goes to screen where it says "this navigator is not compatible with this unit".

Please share some info if you are familiar with that error message.

Thanks

quote:
Originally posted by skunk

quote:

I dont believe you need to change that file name.

try this:

1. download and un-rar this file:
http://offroadnuts.com/GPS/Magellan4250

2. connect your unit via USB
3. overwrite all the files in the download to your flashdrive.

let me know your results. its from a working OEM setup.
its hard for me to direct you otherwise being that I dont have a unit with a valid s/n on it, but this should work, if it does, we'll work on updating the maps.

Go to Top of Page

skunk

USA
82 Posts

Posted - 20 janv. 2010 :  07:57:43  Show Profile  Visit skunk's Homepage  Reply with Quote
staterowdy: you dont have a valid s/n on your unit(s), use this file:

http://www.offroadnuts.com/GPSbackup.rar

1. download and un-rar the downloaded file to your PC
2. hook up your unit via USB to your PC
3. format GPS flashdrive to Fat32 via your PC (keep plugged in to usb)
4. copy and paste all file included in the .rar file to your flash drive.
5. startup your unit and give it a few to install everything

You should be good to go now, let me know if you have any issues

Go to Top of Page

mrcable47

10 Posts

Posted - 21 janv. 2010 :  05:48:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Skunk a question or 2 for you, 1 - doesn't igo8 support text to speech? this unit only tells me to take 2nd right, doesnt say Street name.

2 - this is getting back to our units that lost the S/N, isn't it possible to copy the boot loader from a good unit back to the bad ones?, then we'd have 2 with the same S/N, I have tried DiskRW, on a sd card it finds the samsang flash chip but I can't save the chips rom to sd card, where I'm supposed to type the output to doesn't have a keypad, and the Browse button doesn't bring up a menu to chose the sd card.

I ran DiskRW on the unit I put your software on and it worked fine, just that's the unit that doesn't have the S/N, LOL

Sorry I just can't give up on restoring these units back to Orig. software, I figure If we were able to erase it then we should be able to flash it back.

Everyone thought it would be impossible to unbrick a PSP, but now its super easy.
Go to Top of Page

ibuyufo

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 21 janv. 2010 :  08:48:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
well, I'm not quite sure what I'm supposed to do. So far I've copied the original factory backup into the maestro 4250. I removed the SD card where I copy everything in copy folder 2. I created a GS399 file so it can auto run the content of folder 2. I plugged the gps into the USB port and transfered the content from directory Magellan BU after 4.85 Update into the GPS itself and not the SD card. I removed the SD card and the bar progresses to 100% and stops there.
Go to Top of Page

skunk

USA
82 Posts

Posted - 04 févr. 2010 :  04:30:41  Show Profile  Visit skunk's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

well, I'm not quite sure what I'm supposed to do. So far I've copied the original factory backup into the maestro 4250. I removed the SD card where I copy everything in copy folder 2. I created a GS399 file so it can auto run the content of folder 2. I plugged the gps into the USB port and transfered the content from directory Magellan BU after 4.85 Update into the GPS itself and not the SD card. I removed the SD card and the bar progresses to 100% and stops there.

sorry guys, been outta town and tied up with some business, anyway...
ibuyufo: make sure you follow this exactlly...
1. hook up your unit via USB DO NOT DISCONNECT USB UNTIL COMPLETELY DONE
2. format flashdrive from your PC to fat32
3. un-rar the downloaded file to your PC, NOT directlly to your unit.
4. copy the contents of the backup file to the root of your flash drive.
5. remove SD card (if its in)
6. disconnect USB, unit will reset, and it should work.

let me know if it doesnt.

mrcable47:
I hear ya, from what I read, the internal flash drive has a hidden partition that we just dont have the correct program to view, if we did, it would be the end of bricked units.
As for the text to speech, not sure on that, I really never looked into that... but will, I havent had the need for my GPS lately so I never noticed the lack of the unit speaking the names of the streets, I'll check into that though and let ya know.
Go to Top of Page

magellan2010

4 Posts

Posted - 20 févr. 2010 :  04:48:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Skunk, I have mistakenly erased the bootloader (flash). All I get is a white screen on my gps. What should I do now?
Go to Top of Page

magellan2010

4 Posts

Posted - 20 févr. 2010 :  08:04:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I got my GPS to get to get back to life. However, now it is stuck at "System Settings" screen. When I click the arrow on the System Settings screen, it tries to load Mio Pocket. It fails and displays "your other navigation application will be launched". I click ok and then it displays, Novigation app not found. I am in a fix now. Any suggestions?
Go to Top of Page

han526

34 Posts

Posted - 26 mars 2010 :  05:20:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can you alaborate how you get the GPS to recover to the settings screen?

quote:
Originally posted by magellan2010

I got my GPS to get to get back to life. However, now it is stuck at "System Settings" screen. When I click the arrow on the System Settings screen, it tries to load Mio Pocket. It fails and displays "your other navigation application will be launched". I click ok and then it displays, Novigation app not found. I am in a fix now. Any suggestions?

Go to Top of Page

QUIBA

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 26 mars 2010 :  08:00:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hI gUYS!
I will try this on a Magellan 5310. I'll let you know what happens!
Go to Top of Page

skunk

USA
82 Posts

Posted - 26 mars 2010 :  17:13:40  Show Profile  Visit skunk's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by magellan2010

do you have a valid s/n on it? check the info in the menu for the s/n.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 14 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2017_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,64 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05