Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com
fiogf49gjkf0d

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2791

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 Magellan Roadmate and Maestro AIOs
 Maestro 4250 brick fix - see my post page 4 first!
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 14

Anthony Sheets

8 Posts

Posted - 15 janv. 2011 :  21:26:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
should i try to format the hd? i really don't care about losing anything at this point. its a useless brick right now.

thanks
Go to Top of Page

skunk

USA
82 Posts

Posted - 15 janv. 2011 :  21:35:33  Show Profile  Visit skunk's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'd wipe it and throw my setup on it.... iGO8 is definitly a better nav than the OEM nav. you just lose BT and traffic
Go to Top of Page

Anthony Sheets

8 Posts

Posted - 23 janv. 2011 :  04:14:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
no way to get bluetooth with igo8? thats why i got the magellan. damn. no ideas why i am getting failed fat? i followed your instructions to a t.
Go to Top of Page

Trunks

4 Posts

Posted - 26 janv. 2011 :  23:09:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry if this is just another old question.

I followed the steps on the unbricking and now I got it to load up I'm assuming using MIO thing.
I forgot to mention b4 that I had deleted my S/N by flashing the HDD

now when I connect the USB it doesn't recognize it and I tried running the Magellan_Maestro_4250_4_60_Rel1 and it doesn't recognize my unit.

where do I go from here?
I downloaded the Mag4250.zip but skunks' instructions were to run it from the unit and how do i do that?

Go to Top of Page

SP

2 Posts

Posted - 31 janv. 2011 :  00:49:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My 4250 boots only to the Magellan logo. It does not connect to USB either. Pls help.
Go to Top of Page

skunk

USA
82 Posts

Posted - 31 janv. 2011 :  00:59:56  Show Profile  Visit skunk's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Trunks: your not suppose to run Magellan_Maestro_4250_4_60_Rel1, you have to use winrar to unpack it (right click/extract here) and then follow my insructions using the extracted files. and the Mag4250.zip is a direct backup (unzipped) to be copied to the HDD (root) of your unit once USB connectivity is made.

SP: see my post half way down page 4 of this thread for detailed instructions.

Go to Top of Page

bigbipper

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 12 févr. 2011 :  16:48:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is there anyway any of this could be applied to a 4050?
Go to Top of Page

skunk

USA
82 Posts

Posted - 12 févr. 2011 :  20:18:20  Show Profile  Visit skunk's Homepage  Reply with Quote
bigbipper: no idea, never tired it, but if your 4050 is bricked, it cant hurt it anymore if you try it *if your unit ISN'T bricked, I dont recommend trying it*... and if it does work you'll be credited with confirming that it does work on that model.
Go to Top of Page

SP

2 Posts

Posted - 14 févr. 2011 :  06:34:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by skunk

Trunks: your not suppose to run Magellan_Maestro_4250_4_60_Rel1, you have to use winrar to unpack it (right click/extract here) and then follow my insructions using the extracted files. and the Mag4250.zip is a direct backup (unzipped) to be copied to the HDD (root) of your unit once USB connectivity is made.

SP: see my post half way down page 4 of this thread for detailed instructions.

Hi Skunk
Appreciate your help and instructions which has unbricked the unit (at least).

I got the unit to the where I could access via USB and it had some basic menu for battery etc. However, I downloaded the MAG4250.zip from your server which I first thought was more than a 1G but somehow download failed due to size limit or something. Later that same file is not 69M only. I unzipped and copied to root of the unit but it now has gives the error of "navigator is not compatible with the unit " I should have backed up the files on the unit (did not follow basic fundamentals ...)

Please advise how I can get out of this? Is my Serial Number still there? I will try to download the file from my work (perhaps Comcast is restricting file size nowadays and therefore cant download the entire file). I tried to download the GPSbackup.rar (1.7M file) and it got terminated at 500M.

Appreciate if you can suggest the next steps please.

I thought of asking a few more questions:
1. What is the size of the MAG4250.zip
2. If MAG4250.zip process fails, then is the GPSbackup.rar the next option?
3. If so, will I have space issue on the HDD of the unit? DO I need to delete or reformat? IF so, what App do I install? Where can I get instructions to install the correct or choice of app ie OEM or the other one.

I intend to try this tonight. Anyone out there can guide me?

Thanks

Edited by - SP on 14 févr. 2011 21:58:18
Go to Top of Page

taurusposey

6 Posts

Posted - 09 mars 2011 :  14:43:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a Magellan mastero 4040 I flashed the drive by holding down power and placing a paper clip in the reset button a blue screen with a menu shows up and it had alot of options i flashed my gps and how i cant get anything to come up is there anything i can do abou this my computer wont bring it up as a gps or hd i cant access it through my computer but i don have any conflicts in my device manager i need help
Go to Top of Page

Theplayer

Lebanon
5 Posts

Posted - 01 avr. 2011 :  03:13:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi i just install MioPoket lite v9.2.480 to my Magellan roadmate 1475t when it start set up many error appear and it stuck on the installation screen note i copy the MioPoket lite to the hdd. and the computer can't recognize it (usb)is there a way to hard rest or to force it to boot from sd Thanks

music&computer
Go to Top of Page

Theplayer

Lebanon
5 Posts

Posted - 02 avr. 2011 :  02:46:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Theplayer

Hi i just install MioPoket lite v9.2.480 to my Magellan roadmate 1475t when it start set up many error appear and it stuck on the installation screen note i copy the MioPoket lite to the hdd. and the computer can't recognize it (usb)is there a way to hard rest or to force it to boot from sd Thanks

music&computer
Go to Top of Page

skunk

USA
82 Posts

Posted - 02 avr. 2011 :  02:52:06  Show Profile  Visit skunk's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Player, maybe someone else can shed some light on your situation as I'm not familliar with that unit. sorry.
Go to Top of Page

rpmax47

Canada
1 Posts

Posted - 06 avr. 2011 :  04:00:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Hello Skunk, Oh Man.
Many thanks for your support, a lot of hard work done here.
Recently I have found this side and instantly found on it
what I was looking for.
Working on removing that annoying Warning Screen
I accidently delete S/N of my Magellan 4250. Well,
Getting back to normal, restoring it back as I found out
it is impossible, at least for now.
I could not, did not find the answer anywhere.
So much time spend, end up with nothing.
With your instructions I beautify restored it now to Igo8 as the pictures demonstrate.
However, just for my stubbornness, I will not stop looking
and constantly trying to get back to my original version of 4250.
For you guys here are the pictures of restored Magellan with IGo8, working just fine.
Many thanks SKUNK for your hard work in this matter.

Edited by - rpmax47 on 07 avr. 2011 03:31:54
Go to Top of Page

artykatt

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 30 avr. 2011 :  23:50:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a bricked 4250 with the "white screen/blue streaks" on the display that I need to get fixed and not by me since I can barely spell, anyone.... anyone???????
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 14 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2017_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,62 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05