Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com
fiogf49gjkf0d

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2802

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 Magellan Roadmate and Maestro AIOs
 Maestro 4250 brick fix - see my post page 4 first!
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 14

dgmiddle

6 Posts

Posted - 11 janv. 2011 :  02:57:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Still cannot see files needed
When I choose open "Magellan_Maestro_425..." type(application)77560kb it starts running the application and cannot see file list.
What is the deal?
Even after extracting to another folder. The only other file is the PDF read me.
Go to Top of Page

Anthony Sheets

8 Posts

Posted - 11 janv. 2011 :  03:23:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have read everything very carefully on this thread. I have the blue magellan splash after failed update. When I try to update from the sd card with the 2 metioned files by going into the rom menu I get fat failed. I have tried at least 20 times. Where do I go from here? I would prefer to be able to back up the OS and then swith to the Igo8 software. I want to be able to run whatever apps and software thats availble. howver I am not opposed to wiping the damn thing and just installing the new OS now if that is what is easiest. Help? I am somewhat saavy.
Go to Top of Page

KSparkuhl

14 Posts

Posted - 11 janv. 2011 :  03:28:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dgmiddle

When you RIGHT click on the .exe file, do you see the "extract here" option? If not, then you're using the standard windows .zip utility and will need to use a different one in order to see that option. Again, WinRAR is pretty standard and you can even use the trial version for a few weeks before having to uninstall it, or buy the full version.
Go to Top of Page

KSparkuhl

14 Posts

Posted - 11 janv. 2011 :  03:35:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here's the extracted BL files, already edited to .nb0

http://www.sky-decks.com/misc/extracted.zip

Here's the root files stated in step 5, .xml files edited and ready to go:

http://www.sky-decks.com/misc/rootfiles.zip

Edited by - KSparkuhl on 11 janv. 2011 03:36:36
Go to Top of Page

KSparkuhl

14 Posts

Posted - 11 janv. 2011 :  03:40:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Anthony Sheets
When I try to update from the sd card with the 2 metioned files by going into the rom menu I get fat failed.

The SD Card should be formatted to FAT32 before installing to GPS. Make sure you format the SD Card to FAT32, copy files to SD and then try installing to GPS again.
Go to Top of Page

skunk

USA
82 Posts

Posted - 11 janv. 2011 :  04:48:16  Show Profile  Visit skunk's Homepage  Reply with Quote
yup... what KSparkuhl said... couldnt have said it better myself.

dgmiddle: download winrar, ive had it for years and never had to pay for it.
Go to Top of Page

Anthony Sheets

8 Posts

Posted - 11 janv. 2011 :  06:48:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yes it is formated to fat32. any other tips?
Go to Top of Page

dgmiddle

6 Posts

Posted - 12 janv. 2011 :  03:17:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the input KSparkuhl, and Skunk. The RAR did open files which I changed extension and proceeded to update os in unit. Then it read FAT failed. Think the card is bad? I did format it fat32 and it is the origional one that came with it. Please advise-
Go to Top of Page

Anthony Sheets

8 Posts

Posted - 12 janv. 2011 :  04:43:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
dgmiddle, you get fat failed too? that is the first i have seen in all 11 pages of this blog. weird. i have the same problem.
Go to Top of Page

KSparkuhl

14 Posts

Posted - 12 janv. 2011 :  07:22:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I did notice that if I use one of those micro SD Cards in a full-size SD adapter card, it will not work. I had to use a regular SD Card and that worked every time. If you're using a Micro SD Card in an adapter, try just using a regular SD Card instead. It shouldn't make any difference, but for whatever reason for me, it did. Maybe this will help...
Go to Top of Page

Fixitall

1 Posts

Posted - 12 janv. 2011 :  20:09:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Johnny cakes, Skunk, or mrcable47 I went to http://rapidshare.com/files/275257514/Mag4250.zip.html and found they had deleted the file. Is there another source for this? I am trying to unbrick a 4250 that froze on load screen. I have successfully followed al steps; my computer sees the 4250 as TFAT and the unit says it is USB connected. Do I need the files previously available at rapid? Can I disconnect then run rel1.86 then reconnect when prompted? Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

skunk

USA
82 Posts

Posted - 12 janv. 2011 :  20:15:25  Show Profile  Visit skunk's Homepage  Reply with Quote
look through this thread, I am hosting that file now, and it is available.
Go to Top of Page

KSparkuhl

14 Posts

Posted - 13 janv. 2011 :  15:12:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Out of curiosity, I used Windows Explorer to view my good 4250 with hidden files and folders attributes enabled. Has anyone thought of this before? I was able to view several hidden files, including: a recyle bin, a folder called "resycled" which has a single file in it called "boot.com", and a folder called "system volume information".

I tried to import these folders but Windows 7 prompted me that I "need permission from everyone" in order to copy them, meaning they're copy protected files. Taking "ownership" of these files did nothing. Also, Microsoft security essentials wants to remove boot.com, thinking it to be a virus, and another autorun file called "A0037416.inf", so make sure you have your anti-virus program either turned off or set to "quarantine" rather than "remove".

Something to look into...
Go to Top of Page

KSparkuhl

14 Posts

Posted - 14 janv. 2011 :  02:03:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Forgive me if I missed this, but is there any way to intstall just the IGO8 software without installing miopocket?
Go to Top of Page

Anthony Sheets

8 Posts

Posted - 15 janv. 2011 :  18:58:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Still no luck. I am getting fat failed with any sd card I use!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 14 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2017_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,44 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05