Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com


GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com



Versions

Links/Liens




Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2212




Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal


GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

 All Forums
 English Forums - General
 General Questions and Discussions
 Nextar Q4 hacking or map updates?
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rawdog805

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 07 déc. 2009 :  10:23:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello-

I just bought the wife a Nextar Q4 for christmas as she always gets lost and has to call me for directions. But I am noticing that the maps on this thing may be a bit outdated out of the box.. So I am wondering how I could go about either updating the maps on it, or Hacking it to install other Navigation Software on it? I know it runs Windows CE 5 so it should be good to hack right?

Anyone else with a Q4 got it all hacked up? if so please tell me how.. I want to keep it simple though as my wife isnt really gadget literate...

Thanks

Ads


REXBASHAW

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 06 janv. 2010 :  06:11:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can't help with hacking, but the Nextar website sells a map update on an sd card that includes Canada. However, Nextar wants almost as much for the map update as the gps costs. See nextar.com and go to gps, then accessories.
Go to Top of Page

NextarTown

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 19 janv. 2010 :  00:05:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@ rawdog805

I have not found out how to update the maps yet but I just learned how to install MioPocket. Which will unlock your Q4, so you will be able to put other navigation software on it (MioPocket comes with some cool programs in it, but no navigation software). The MioPocket readme file has been updated within the past couple months and now includes instructions for Nextar gps units. I have the Nextar ME and the instructions worked perfectly for me.

Steps:
1. download MioPocket 3.0
2. extract files to an empty folder on desktop
3. copy MioAutoRun and Media folder to empty SD card
4. Copy MioAutoRun.exe, MioAutoRun.mscr and MortScript.exe to SD card
5. created text file named shell.ini and wrote this inside of it \SDMMC\MioAutoRun.exe (this is the path to MioAutoRun.exe on my gps unit). Make sure that when you saved your 'shell.ini' it was not saved as 'shell.ini.txt'
6.then I put the SD card inside my gps unit after the unit is already powered on
7.Wait for gps unit to recognize your sd card (it will make a sound), then click the 'Navigator' icon on the main screen. That will run the 'Shell.ini that is on the SD card, and start MioAutoRun.exe. (thanks goes to macrane for the help on the past 2-3 steps).

Check over the readme file for better detailed inscructions if needed. I'm happy to assist in any way I can also.

Nextar ME w/ MioPocket 3.0

Edited by - NextarTown on 19 janv. 2010 00:10:48
Go to Top of Page

grukon

USA
16 Posts

Posted - 11 mars 2010 :  16:53:05  Show Profile  Visit grukon's Homepage  Reply with Quote
nextartown or rawdog805

Just wondering if either of you have put the program freecaddie ( golf gps) on your units yet? I have a q4-05 with miopocket on it, works great, but I'm a golfer too and I've put freecaddie on but have version errors right now and hope that one of you could help.
I mentioned that I have a q4-05 thats just a loner, mine unit I got for christmas is a q4-06 which is better. just so you know if you send a unit into nextar for repair or replace, what they do if they send a loaner if yours will take some time to repair, but they didn't tell me so when I got the older version boy was I upset till I called them to complain.
any ways if either of you could help I'd greatly appreciate it
thanks
Go to Top of Page

musclecardaddy

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 09 avr. 2010 :  20:29:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nextartown... and to anyone who is trying the MioPocket app with a Nextar Q4-01... Instead of making a "shell.ini" file, you edit the "AUTORUN" file in the ResidentFlash. Just some FYI

Nextar Q4-01
Go to Top of Page

rudagray

8 Posts

Posted - 05 mai 2010 :  14:58:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm considering a Q4-01 Refurb- does it accept SDHC or only SD, and what is the internal memory?

quote:
Originally posted by musclecardaddy

Nextartown... and to anyone who is trying the MioPocket app with a Nextar Q4-01... Instead of making a "shell.ini" file, you edit the "AUTORUN" file in the ResidentFlash. Just some FYI

Go to Top of Page

marinm

Argentina
4 Posts

Posted - 13 sept. 2010 :  14:28:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,emm sorry for my english, is very poor, i hope u can understand me. I got a problem with my gps model Nextar Me... i formatted the internal memory by error... and now i cant navigate, i touch the boton of navigation but dont do nothing. I trie to install the software again, but doesnt work... emmm i think if u can do a image of your gps and send me to me, i can charge that image and see if work...maybe with the Norton Ghost, or other, that make a backup of the system. Thanks a lot... i hope u read this...again sorry for my english.

Nada
Go to Top of Page

babylon5

6 Posts

Posted - 08 nov. 2010 :  01:00:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
copy from a reply i gave ...

here's my take on this one ----- WORK ON WIN 7 not Xp

When connected without active sync or mobile device sync, i had two devices showing in Drives, one was the sd card and one was a drive with no name but around 8 megs in properties.

In the unnamed one i've found a file named explorer.atr, edited it ot see \Windows\Mshell.exe, changed it to \Windows\explorer.exe and "bam" the Windows Ce shell appared.

In Active Sync mode or Windows Device ... the drives are called \SDMMC for the SD card, and the phantomed one is Now \Static Store where you find the same explorer.atr file ...

continued : In XP the problems are :

the un-named drive is asked to be formatted ---- Do not format it

And XP is not showing the drive content, files etc ...
Go to Top of Page

husa4342

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 01 janv. 2012 :  05:42:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm trying to install on a nextar q4 but all I get when I hit the nav button is
database error
navigation database cannot be located. Please inser sd card containing map data and restart

I've added all the files as per mio instructions, the only thing Im not positive about is the correct path to write the shell file, how do I figure out the path?

husa
Go to Top of Page

husa4342

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 01 janv. 2012 :  05:45:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just tried to install on my nextar q4 with no luck. I have the correct files on a freshly formated card. I'm not positive on the path for my shell file, how do I figure out the path to my .exe file once the cards in the gps?

husa
Go to Top of Page

jwoegerbauer

1863 Posts

Posted - 05 janv. 2012 :  16:07:00  Show Profile  Visit jwoegerbauer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Connect your device (of course SD-card inserted) via USB-cable with your desktop PC / laptop. After the ActiveSync connection has established, you at desktop PC / laptop can see disk strcuture of your device, among others the name of the SD-card your device internally uses.
Go to Top of Page

mitesh12345

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 30 déc. 2012 :  00:38:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have installed Miopocket 4.0 but now i dont know how to install new GPS maps or application as they just include icons

quote:
Originally posted by NextarTown

@ rawdog805

I have not found out how to update the maps yet but I just learned how to install MioPocket. Which will unlock your Q4, so you will be able to put other navigation software on it (MioPocket comes with some cool programs in it, but no navigation software). The MioPocket readme file has been updated within the past couple months and now includes instructions for Nextar gps units. I have the Nextar ME and the instructions worked perfectly for me.

Steps:
1. download MioPocket 3.0
2. extract files to an empty folder on desktop
3. copy MioAutoRun and Media folder to empty SD card
4. Copy MioAutoRun.exe, MioAutoRun.mscr and MortScript.exe to SD card
5. created text file named shell.ini and wrote this inside of it \SDMMC\MioAutoRun.exe (this is the path to MioAutoRun.exe on my gps unit). Make sure that when you saved your 'shell.ini' it was not saved as 'shell.ini.txt'
6.then I put the SD card inside my gps unit after the unit is already powered on
7.Wait for gps unit to recognize your sd card (it will make a sound), then click the 'Navigator' icon on the main screen. That will run the 'Shell.ini that is on the SD card, and start MioAutoRun.exe. (thanks goes to macrane for the help on the past 2-3 steps).

Check over the readme file for better detailed inscructions if needed. I'm happy to assist in any way I can also.


mits
Go to Top of Page

jwoegerbauer

1863 Posts

Posted - 30 déc. 2012 :  16:47:50  Show Profile  Visit jwoegerbauer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mitesh12345

I have installed Miopocket 4.0 but now i dont know how to install new GPS maps or application as they just include icons


Ask this question in official MioPocket thread too.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,89 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05