Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2202

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 Garmin nüvi forums
 Worth upgrading from nuvi 760 to nuvi 765 ?
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

freestyler

Romania
43 Posts

Posted - 11 nov. 2009 :  12:35:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello, I have a nuvi 760 and I want to buy a nuvi 765T, after all the reading I've done around here I am really scared:) also by the 8x5 and 8xx series

Please tell me 2 thing if you know:

1. How is the sound of nuvi 765t compared to nuvi 760 which is pretty bad?

2. From what zoom level on the 3d view and also on the browse map mode does the small streets and poi start to vanish?

When I drive I think my zoom level in 3d mode is about 80 ft and if the details, poi and small streets are shown on nuvi 765t on this zoom level will not bother me

Please answer this questions

Thank you!

Ads

danham

USA
7438 Posts

Posted - 11 nov. 2009 :  15:59:55  Show Profile  Visit danham's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If what you have read scares you, then perhaps this is not a good upgrade for you. I'm not sure what benefits you see or are seeking in the 765T.

I find the 760 sound to be excellent (for voice directions - it's no iPod). Zoom level has no meaning in 3D as the "picture" you are looking at is stretched to include details at a wide range of map scales. That's why there is no map scale legend shown in 3D.

For my own needs, I have not yet seen a nuvi model that tempts me to get rid of my 760.

-dan

- Nüvi forum moderator -
Nüvi 760 in a '14 VW GTI & zumo 660 on a BMW F800 ST
Guide to working with pre-programmed routes: >> details <<
Language Guide / US Topo / 350 & 680 / MacBook & Intel iMac with OS X & Win XP / BaseCamp / Cape Cod, MA
Go to Top of Page

dcnuvi

Canada
155 Posts

Posted - 12 nov. 2009 :  01:17:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
danham, thanks for putting it so blunt, I have been really trying to find an upgrade for my 760 so I can donate it to my dad. Instead I will try to convince him to buy map updates for his 750 and repair any problems he gets. Just can't do it with the current offerings.

Nuvi 2460LMT:Galaxy S Vibrant 2.2: Galaxy Tab: GPSMap 60CSx: Vista: past devices 1490 LMT, XXL540TM,Nuvi760, Nuvi670 & TT920
Go to Top of Page

semka

20 Posts

Posted - 18 nov. 2009 :  23:53:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I upgraded my 760 to 765T and am very happy about it. I gained: faster refresh rate, free traffic, 3D buildings, lane assist, and ecoRoute among other little things. I also have 885, but found 765T more useful and more reliable.
Go to Top of Page

alandb

445 Posts

Posted - 19 nov. 2009 :  00:19:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
semka, is reliability the primary reason you prefer the 765 over the 885? What things about the 885 do you not like?

Alan - nuvi's - 3597LMTHD 855 755T, Oregon 550, Lowrance Endura Sierra
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,5 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05