Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com
fiogf49gjkf0d

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2802

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 Magellan Roadmate and Maestro AIOs
 XOverCE - Unlock for Magellan Crossover GPS
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7

Hootyfrank

5 Posts

Posted - 12 mai 2010 :  02:29:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So what it seems you are saying is that It, itself can't run the RMP maps? And the RMP maps won't run on the crossover. Somebody was talking about OziCE might be needed. And OziCE doesn't run on the Crossover, so I assume that your program will run OziCe. Am I following this correctly?
Go to Top of Page

DoDoubleGeo

USA
167 Posts

Posted - 12 mai 2010 :  14:50:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What I am saying is that I know nothing about RMP maps, including whether they will run on the Crossover.

Crossover devices can run OziCE just fine. It's just that you need to unlock it first. Again, this unlock just exposes the underlying WinCE shell of the device. WinCE is the base operating system of most GPS nav devices and is normally hidden from users by the device manufacturer. The unlock give access to WinCE and allows you execute programs built for WinCE and some built for Pocket PC devices.

Magellan XOver 2500T (NA)
Go to Top of Page

WhatHappend

1 Posts

Posted - 29 mai 2010 :  06:29:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can't get the On-Screen Keyboard to allow text entry. The back space key works to delete text, the Right Click, Win, keys work.

I am running on a Maestro 3100

Edited by - WhatHappend on 29 mai 2010 06:30:36
Go to Top of Page

DoDoubleGeo

USA
167 Posts

Posted - 31 mai 2010 :  05:32:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@ WhatHappend

Can you please look in your Windows folder and tell if kbdmouse.dll is there? If not, copy it from
XOverCE\System\Windows_CE_5.0_system_files to Windows, soft reset and try again. If this works then you can copy the file to XOverCE\Windows and it will automatically install it everytime.

Someone with a Maestro previously reported this, but when I asked them to help investigate they never replied back.

Go to Top of Page

nenaptio

8 Posts

Posted - 01 juin 2010 :  23:21:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Will this work for magellan 1470?
Go to Top of Page

DoDoubleGeo

USA
167 Posts

Posted - 04 juin 2010 :  15:08:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Possibly - but only if you know the filenames required to boot from SD card. You would have to rename micManager.exe and micManager.mscr.

Go to Top of Page

gwpc

Germany
4 Posts

Posted - 07 juil. 2010 :  06:34:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, great work DoDoubleGeo,thank you. I now have XOverCE as my main software on my Maestro 3100 modified the scripts so as it starts without asking to install.By the way the syntax error is caused by a comment in shell.reg. If you look for ; TaskbarList down the bottom of the file, then remove this comment, that should fix the error message.
Thanks
Go to Top of Page

gwpc

Germany
4 Posts

Posted - 07 juil. 2010 :  08:05:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Maybe a better explaintion of what I did. Since Magellan offer no more support for these units in Europe, I've taken the Magellan software off and installed XOverCE onto the internal memory/hd.
Go to Top of Page

DoDoubleGeo

USA
167 Posts

Posted - 07 juil. 2010 :  14:43:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@ gwpc - I am glad to know that you were able to get this running on your Maestro 3100 and thanks for reminding me about the syntax error. Do you mind sharing the procedure you used to install XOverCE to the internal memory?

Go to Top of Page

gwpc

Germany
4 Posts

Posted - 07 juil. 2010 :  15:34:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No problem, but I may need a little time to put it into understandable words.
Go to Top of Page

gwpc

Germany
4 Posts

Posted - 09 juil. 2010 :  15:10:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I’m not a computer/programmer I just like the challenge and do things by trial and error and reading. This is how I got XoverCE to install from the internal memory/hd which is roundabout 1.87GB Backup-up the contents of the internal memory first just in case.
The Eu version has 4 directory’s and a couple of files in the root directory.
(It’s not the real root directory but the one you see when you connect it with a usb cable.)
APP, MAP, SYS, USR
Keep the directory’s, but empty them of there content and delete the extra files. (If you delete the directorys, the system keeps putting them back and we need the /APP anyway)
Unpack the XoverCE zip file to the maestro, you should then have 3 more directory’s.
My Documents, Media and XoverCE. Move the 5 files in the root directory to
the directory /APP. Rename micManager.exe and micManager.mscr to TNShell.exe and TNShell.mscr. Edit the THShell.mscr and change any ref to SDMMC Card to HDD. Look for the line Call(“AskInstall”) and change it to Call(“Unlock”) also put a # in front of every line from “Sub AskInstall” to “EndSub”. (Lines 90 – 99). or delete them since we have no Magellan software installed, we don’t need the Magellan shell, so we let the XoverCE install without any questions. Now comes the tedious part, you have to go through all the reg files in the Registry directory and script files and change any reference from SDMMC Card to HDD. You could also remove the MagellanShell files from the directory Scripts. There’s also one reg file in /XocerCE/system/eVB which needs to be copied from the Registry directory. Finally the shortcuts to the programs have to be renewed or edit them, and change the ref from SDMMC Card to HDD. It’s also a good idea to copy kbdmouse.dll from /XoverCE/System/windows_CE_5.0_system_files to /XoverCE/Windows This still leaves around 1.7GB free on the internal memory which should be enough for iGo. I also took out programs I knew I won’t need. If you have any questions I'll do my best to help. Well that’s it good luck !
Go to Top of Page

BubbaJones

Canada
20 Posts

Posted - 26 août 2010 :  21:26:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
XOverCE Recovery?

First of all, I have backed-up every folder on the 2200T (running v2.36).

Assuming something disastrous happens and I need to get it back to factory settings, what will a hard reset accomplish, and will it be enough to re-install XOverCE (and FileManCE) and copy all the folder contents back?

I read that a hard reset re-copies the /WINDOWS folder and the registries. (which perhaps is enough to start XOverCE?)

Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

DoDoubleGeo

USA
167 Posts

Posted - 02 sept. 2010 :  21:21:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@ gwpc - Thanks for the directions for running XOVerCE on a Magellan Maestro 3100!

@ BubbaJones - a hard reset will restore the device to near factory unless you have totallly buggered it by formatting the flash or deleting maps or something similar. I would make sure that the SD card with XOVerCE on was not in the device when performing the hard reset just to be sure. After the hard reset you can put the SD card in the device and perform a soft reset to (re)install the unlock.

Go to Top of Page

lcampeao

1 Posts

Posted - 06 sept. 2010 :  01:18:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congratulations. It is a wonderful program.

I installed the xover on my roadmate 2500, and helped a lot with IGO8, specially in Brazil. But I can not establish a shortcut. I have place the shortcut IGO.exe on in "\SDMMC Card\XOverCE\Windows" subfolders, and still do not open. It comes with a message "make sure the path and filename are correct". Can anyone help me in this matter? tks.
Go to Top of Page

DoDoubleGeo

USA
167 Posts

Posted - 08 sept. 2010 :  14:01:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@ lcampeao

How did you create the shortcut file? You can create shortcuts directly on your GPS by using pWord. Be sure to save as a 'plain text file', then rename the file so that it has a ".lnk: file extension instead of ".txt". If you post the contents of your iGo shortcut file I can look at it for you. It should look something like:

26#"\SDMMC Card\IGO\igo8.exe"

Edited by - DoDoubleGeo on 08 sept. 2010 14:02:58
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2017_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,62 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05