Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com
fiogf49gjkf0d

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2802

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 Magellan Roadmate and Maestro AIOs
 XOverCE - Unlock for Magellan Crossover GPS
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7

mq1991

7 Posts

Posted - 15 avr. 2010 :  20:01:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Alright, i tried everything you said, and it installed through FileManCE.

but after it installs i can no longer see things in FileManCE. I tried putting on Fileman again, and i got that to work, and tried reinstalling XoverCE but then the same thing happend.

Thanks for your help!
Go to Top of Page

DoDoubleGeo

USA
167 Posts

Posted - 15 avr. 2010 :  22:18:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Do you have your 1412 setup to boot into FileManCE? Using the iBoot renaming method or the method of editing some XML file? If it is the XML method I would suggest you un-do that use the iBoot trick with the XOverCE unlock kit.

Magellan XOver 2500T (NA)
Go to Top of Page

mq1991

7 Posts

Posted - 16 avr. 2010 :  02:41:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The only modification i did to my 1412 was replaced the navigator with FileMan.

Alrighty, sounds good! So do I just rename the MICMANAGER to iboot?
Go to Top of Page

mq1991

7 Posts

Posted - 16 avr. 2010 :  02:47:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So basically all i did was download fileman CE, put it on the main device where the navigator.exe is, renamed the navigator.exe, and naed fileman navigator.exe.

Thanks!
-Steve
Go to Top of Page

DoDoubleGeo

USA
167 Posts

Posted - 16 avr. 2010 :  14:48:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, rename the two micManager files; one with a .MSCR extension and the other with a .EXE file extension. With the card in the unit you should perform a soft reset and the unlock will install.

Go to Top of Page

mq1991

7 Posts

Posted - 16 avr. 2010 :  16:34:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks!
I tried that but it still will only boot into the navigator :(

Any other thoughts?
Go to Top of Page

dssoft

4 Posts

Posted - 19 avr. 2010 :  18:14:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,
I installed XOverCE on Magellan Maestro 3100. Works perfectly, but when reboot the device, it asks to install it each time. What can I do?
Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

DoDoubleGeo

USA
167 Posts

Posted - 19 avr. 2010 :  22:30:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@ mq1991 - I guess the RM 1412 does not use 'iBoot' as the special filename. You can try using 'toCopy' as the special filename for renaming micManager.

@ dssoft - Can't be working perfectly if it asks to reinstall after a reboot ;) Does this happen following the initial install or following a user initiated reset? If it happens when you attempt to reset, are you sure you are doing a soft-reset and not a hard-reset?

Go to Top of Page

dssoft

4 Posts

Posted - 20 avr. 2010 :  08:33:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DoDoubleGeo
@ dssoft - Can't be working perfectly if it asks to reinstall after a reboot ;) Does this happen following the initial install or following a user initiated reset? If it happens when you attempt to reset, are you sure you are doing a soft-reset and not a hard-reset?

I do not know how to do "hard reset" and "soft reset" 1. POWER button opening device, WinCE and then starts to load my defense to install "XoverCE. 2. Give the installation, then WinCE interface appears, use the device everything works perfectly. 3 from Power off the unit. If you want to use one device take over again - I require installation.
Sorry for English, I'm from Romania. Thanks
Go to Top of Page

DoDoubleGeo

USA
167 Posts

Posted - 20 avr. 2010 :  22:06:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@ dssoft - I think you are doing a hard reset. There should be a reset button to do a soft reset (warm boot) just below the SD card slot on the side of the unit. The power button will not work to turn the unit off if the Magellan shell is not running and XOverCE is activated. To turn the unit off you should instead use the OFF link (shortcut) on the CE desktop. You can use the power button to turn the unit back on, but be sure you are not holding it in for a long time, otherwise you will making a hard reset.

You can find a manual for you device @ http://www.magellangps.com/support/product.asp?prodid=1900

Go to Top of Page

Marz

3 Posts

Posted - 22 avr. 2010 :  13:47:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi!

Manage to "unlock" my Magellan Maestro 4010 with this great software :), however I can't get the keyboard to work? :/ When I try to write there is not coming any letters? ex. in word.

I will also try to redirect magellan shell to start up the original shell (maestro), any ideas?

Marz

Magellan 4010
Go to Top of Page

dssoft

4 Posts

Posted - 22 avr. 2010 :  15:23:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@DoDoubleGeo -Thank you very much, good luck!
Go to Top of Page

DoDoubleGeo

USA
167 Posts

Posted - 26 avr. 2010 :  20:13:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@ Marz

Can you please look in your Windows folder and tell if kbdmouse.dll is there? If not, copy it from
XOverCE\System\Windows_CE_5.0_system_files to Windows, soft reset and try again. If this works then you can copy the file to XOverCE\Windows and it will automatically install it everytime.

To edit the shortcut to launch the Maestro shell you first need to determine which file is responsible for this. Once you know the answer, use CECMD (Total Commander) and navigate to XOverCE\Windows\Desktop tap on Magellan Shell.lnk and then tap the first icon in the top row to edit the shortcut file. Enter the full path to your Maestro shell executable and also edit the number (47) so that it is equal to the number of characters in the full path to the executable. You will then need to reinstall XOverCE.

Edited by - DoDoubleGeo on 26 avr. 2010 20:15:06
Go to Top of Page

Hootyfrank

5 Posts

Posted - 10 mai 2010 :  20:44:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How ya'll. It seems you have done one heck of a job on this software and I commend you on the patience neccissary to pull something like this together. My only concern because of the fact that I was refered to this in search of a way to get my maps that are in RMP files to load onto the Crossover. I basically use my 2 Tritons for hiking but I thought it would be nice if I could load the same maps to my Crossover. I did not want to try this unless It would load the RMP maps that I have made in Mobile Atlas Creator. Or is there a a save direction that I can go to out of MAC? It will create in many modes. Thanks for you time and any reply would be helpful. In vehicle Nav mode how does this function, or do you have to remove it first. Thanks again for you time.
Go to Top of Page

DoDoubleGeo

USA
167 Posts

Posted - 11 mai 2010 :  14:41:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry, I can't help with the maps.

The unlock allows you to launch the Magellan shell program which of course gives access to the vehicle navigation and outdoor modes. It also provides a means to exit those programs and return to the WinCE shell. You can of course, remove the card and reset to boot back into the Magellan shell to prevent the WinCE shell from loading.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2017_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 3,55 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05