Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com
fiogf49gjkf0d

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2791

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 Magellan Roadmate and Maestro AIOs
 XOverCE - Unlock for Magellan Crossover GPS
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7

Twinhard

Germany
9 Posts

Posted - 04 mars 2010 :  16:53:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
from an ebay shop (Netherlands)

Magellan 2250T for my Springer Classic + RM1200 for my Renault Kangoo :-)
Go to Top of Page

Hoyle2001

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 05 mars 2010 :  03:03:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
[ed] How do you make a shortcut to another program? I'm looking to locate the shortcut on the desktop, or somewhere easy to access. I've tried following your directions but something is not working. I'm not really clear on where to put or even how to create the shortcut needed. Thanks in advance for any help.
Go to Top of Page

DoDoubleGeo

USA
167 Posts

Posted - 05 mars 2010 :  14:54:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hoyle2001

How do you make a shortcut to another program?

It's best to create shortcuts directly on the device. You can use PWord (wordpad) to do this. Here are a couple of samples...

41#"SDMMC Card\XOverCE\Programs\IGo\IGo.exe"

51#"SDMMC Card\XOverCE\Scripts\Display Settings.mscr"

The part in blue points to the location of the file to be executed.

The part in red is the number of characters, including the quotes, that are in the part in blue.

Save the file as 'Plain Text' and then rename the shortcut so it has a ".lnk" file extension.

You can then copy the shortcut to \Windows\Desktop to have it show up on the WinCE Desktop or to \Windows\Programs to have it show up on the Start Menu. If you copy it to the Desktop, you will probably want to delete one of the existing shortcuts to make room for your new one, beacuse we can really only fit twelve (12) on the display. You should also copy it to appropriate folder in \SDMMC Card\XOverCE\Windows so that XOverCE can restore the shortcut when you have to reinstall the unlock.

Magellan XOver 2500T (NA)

Edited by - DoDoubleGeo on 05 mars 2010 14:55:20
Go to Top of Page

Hoyle2001

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 05 mars 2010 :  20:30:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you once again. I'll stop asking questions now, but you have been a really big help, and your program is amazing. Thanks
Go to Top of Page

Hoyle2001

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 08 mars 2010 :  00:36:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks like I lied about not asking anymore questions LOL! Is there anyway to stop the unit from turning off automatically? About once every 5 minutes or so it will cut off requiring me to press the power button on the side to turn it back on. Does this while on the desktop screen and when running another program while I'm just driving around with the map on. Seems like everything continues to run in the background though, cause the trip computer still seems on track. Made sure the "never off" was checked in magellan program and made sure of the same in the other program. Thanks

UPDATE: False alarm, I might have found problem. Looked in power manager settings.

Edited by - Hoyle2001 on 08 mars 2010 01:48:38
Go to Top of Page

Fireman.77

11 Posts

Posted - 08 mars 2010 :  19:16:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank You DoDoubleGeo for a great program. I have a challenge for you if you choose to accept it (haha) Seriously though, I tried forever to get a program called Freecaddie to work with Miopocket with no success. Now with your great new program there is hope once again. Would you PLEASE look into it for me when you get a chance? Thanks and keep up the good work.
Go to Top of Page

DoDoubleGeo

USA
167 Posts

Posted - 11 mars 2010 :  19:04:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
While I like a good challenge, I know where you are going with this. You need the .Net CompactFramework installed. Quite honestly, I have tried to get both version 2 and 3.5 to properly install but have been completely unsuccessful. If I come up with some time, I may try to reload MioPocket and see if I can get it to work from within that environment, but as I recall it did not automatically work and I never tried too hard.

Go to Top of Page

Fireman.77

11 Posts

Posted - 11 mars 2010 :  20:02:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the reply DoDoubleGeo. I will continue to do some research as well.
Go to Top of Page

Hoyle2001

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 13 mars 2010 :  19:11:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is there anyway to add SDHC support to the 2200t/XOverCE. My 2 gig SD card is all most maxed out. I bought a 4gig SDHC in hopes of putting some mp3's on it but the gps does not see it, it just loads straight into magellan shell. Thanks
Go to Top of Page

DoDoubleGeo

USA
167 Posts

Posted - 16 mars 2010 :  14:38:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@ Hoyle2001 - I don't have a SDHC card to test this, but see http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=124298&whichpage=1 for possible help. My understanding is that you will have to use your smaller card to intitially enable SDHC support and then you can use the bigger card (if it works of course). You will want both cards to have the same file structure.

Go to Top of Page

mq1991

7 Posts

Posted - 15 avr. 2010 :  03:09:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello!

I was wondering if this would work on the Magellan 1412?

Thanks!
-Steve
Go to Top of Page

DoDoubleGeo

USA
167 Posts

Posted - 15 avr. 2010 :  15:01:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@ Steve - It is possible that the basics of this unlock would work on a RM 1412. A few questions first:
(1) What is the display resolution of the 1412?
(2) What is the name of the SD card when inserted in the 1412? (in the Crossover it is identified as "SDMMC Card")
(3) What is the name and location of the file that runs the 1412 GPS shell? (in the Crossover it is "\HDD3\TNShell.exe")
(4) What is the name and location of the file that runs the 1412 navigation program? (in the Crossover it is "\HDD3\Navigator.exe")
(5) What is the name of the process for the 1412 navigation program when active? (in the Crossover it is "Venus2")

Knowing these would better help me predict how well this might work to unlock the 1412. Some of the answers to these questions you might not know unless you have previously unlocked it with some other method.

To try it you would have to rename a couple of files (micManager.exe --> iBoot.exe & micManager.mscr --> iBoot.mscr). It will likely throw a bunch of errors, because this unlock kit is pretty specific to the Crossover devices, especially an update I have been working on.

Edited by - DoDoubleGeo on 15 avr. 2010 15:01:48
Go to Top of Page

mq1991

7 Posts

Posted - 15 avr. 2010 :  16:30:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello!
Thanks for the quick reply!

1. the native resolution of my device is 480x272
2. The name on FileMan is SDMMC, so the same as the one you mentioned.
3. It is located under root/hdd/app/ mgnshell.exe
4. The navigator program is named the same, and located in the same folder as the shell.
5.I looked under the process list and these are the ones running:
mgnshell.exe
gpsmc.exe
navigator.exe
gwes.exe(has a red thing next to it?)
device.exe
filesys.exe
NK.EXE

Thanks for all your help!
Go to Top of Page

mq1991

7 Posts

Posted - 15 avr. 2010 :  17:14:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Also, when I click on Iboot.exe it comes up with an error that says that neccesary installation files are missing.

I put everything from the ZIP folder onto the root of the SD card.
Go to Top of Page

DoDoubleGeo

USA
167 Posts

Posted - 15 avr. 2010 :  18:22:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok, thanks for answering those questions. It seems that you have previously used another method to “unlock” this device. Is that correct? The XOverCE unlock is meant to bypass the loading of the Magellan shell by booting from the SD card.

For question #5 I should have asked “What is the name of the window title of for the 1412 navigation program?”, not the process name.

To get this running on the 1412 you will have to make some edits to a couple of the scripts:

(1) micManager.mscr
a. Replace all occurrences of SDMMC Card with SDMMC.
b. Replace all occurrences of HDD3\TNSHell.exe with HDD\app\mgnshell.exe

(2) \XOverCE\Scripts\XOverCE_unlock.mscr
a. Replace all occurrences of SDMMC Card with SDMMC.
b. Replace all occurrences of HDD3\navigator.exe with hdd\app\navigator.exe.
c. Replace all occurrences of Venus2 with the revised answer to question #5 above.

Once you get this to install, please use TRE (Tascal Registry Editor - available from the WinCE desktop) to navigate to HKLM\init and let me know what is listed there.

Edited by - DoDoubleGeo on 15 avr. 2010 18:23:06
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2017_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,94 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05