Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com
fiogf49gjkf0d

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2791

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 Magellan Roadmate and Maestro AIOs
 XOverCE - Unlock for Magellan Crossover GPS
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7

Twinhard

Germany
9 Posts

Posted - 06 févr. 2010 :  12:00:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi folks,
is there a way to import bluetooth? I read some informations on MS Websites, it should work, but I´m not a platform builder.

Magellan 2250T for my Springer Classic + RM1200 for my Renault Kangoo :-)

Edited by - Twinhard on 06 févr. 2010 12:01:44
Go to Top of Page

DoDoubleGeo

USA
167 Posts

Posted - 08 févr. 2010 :  14:45:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The device would need BT built-in or a BT SD card attached. You could look at the MioPocket thread in the Mio forums to see if anyone has done any work on bluetooth.

Magellan XOver 2500T (NA)
Go to Top of Page

han526

34 Posts

Posted - 19 févr. 2010 :  22:56:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi DoDoubleGeo:

Do you have a copy of your 2500T application? Could you please upload it? Thanks

quote:
Originally posted by DoDoubleGeo

garygid - The Crossover cannot be seen by the desktop PC using normal USB. It requires "Magellan Tools" software which is really only used for adding Music, Pictures and POI's to the SD card attached to the GPS. Previous unlocking methods for Crossover required hex-editing this software to expose other portions of the internal drive of the GPS.

Go to Top of Page

DoDoubleGeo

USA
167 Posts

Posted - 22 févr. 2010 :  16:19:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm not sure what you are asking. Are you asking for the Magellan Tools application? You should be able to find it @ http://www.gpshelp.org/toolsdown.html.

Go to Top of Page

berties

Australia
10 Posts

Posted - 24 févr. 2010 :  09:35:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi DoDoubleGeo.
Great work on the unlock.
I have a crossover in australia and the crack works great.
I was wondering if it is possible to load the unlock onto the crossover and use it form the internal memory.
Thanks Rob.
Go to Top of Page

DoDoubleGeo

USA
167 Posts

Posted - 24 févr. 2010 :  15:14:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I suppose it is possible to re-work this unlock to run from the internal/flash memory. The problem is that there is not much flash memory on the Crossover, and if I'm right, the more you use to store files, the less memory you will have to actually run the programs.

To be honest it is not something I am interested in exploring, but you can have at it if you want.

Go to Top of Page

Hoyle2001

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 28 févr. 2010 :  17:12:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
First let me say, I'm a newbie to gps hacks. I have just bought a roadmate 2200t mainly cause it was cheap $$ and waterproof for my motorcycle. I've been reading through the post on this site about my gps and have a few questions so please forgive me if something I ask is old news or newbie like.

From my understanding if I update my gps to the 2.14 version it will be considered a 2500 crossover. If so does that mean I can use this XoverCE program?

Next, I'm not really looking to fancy up my gps, I'm just trying to stretch out the life of it with new maps. With XoverCE installed could I install IGo software, or something else so I can get new maps. If so Could someone please point me in the right direction on how to do this.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Go to Top of Page

DoDoubleGeo

USA
167 Posts

Posted - 01 mars 2010 :  14:52:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@ Hoyle2001
(1) If you update the RM 2200 to firmware 2.14 your device will essentially become a Crossover 2500, but you will still need to purchase the crossover upgrade in order to get the unlock code for the marine/outdoor applications.

(2) You should be able to use my XOverCE unlock regardless of whether you update your Roadmate to a Crossover.

(3) You can use the basics of the unlock kit to allow you to use alternate navigation software including IGo. I have not done so (Magellan Navigator works just fine for my needs) but some of our friends across the pond have. See for example --> http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=de&u=http://www.magellanboard.de/viewtopic.php%3Fp%3D28001%26sid%3De7a98d2f8e686797069790d306b9c1ac&ei=4cWLS8zRIYrINbLe2KYB&sa=X&oi=translate&ct=result&resnum=10&ved=0CCUQ7gEwCQ&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dxoverce%26hl%3Den%26rlz%3D1T4GGIH_enUS246US246. You can also check the GPS Underground forums for IGo help.

Edited by - DoDoubleGeo on 01 mars 2010 14:54:05
Go to Top of Page

Hoyle2001

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 01 mars 2010 :  20:55:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you very much DoDoubleGeo for your reply. One last question, say if I was to try another program IGo ect.. I install it on an SD card first right? Then would I run the program using FilemanCE or what? Sorry again for all the questions, just trying to feel my way through this.

Thank You.
Go to Top of Page

DoDoubleGeo

USA
167 Posts

Posted - 01 mars 2010 :  22:26:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, copy the program to the SD card. Then through XOverCE you can use FileManCE or CECMD (Total Commander) to open the program or you can tap on the Start button and then select "Run" and then use the dialog to select the file you want to open. If you're trying this with IGo you will probably have to do some editing of the SYS.TXT file to get it to work, at least that is my understanding from some internet reading.

Edited by - DoDoubleGeo on 01 mars 2010 22:43:36
Go to Top of Page

Hoyle2001

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 02 mars 2010 :  01:04:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
THANK YOU again for your time. Hopefully the gps will be here tomorrow and I can finally play around with it. Also, not having seen XoverCE in action yet, I do want to say Thanks for your hard work on it and for answering my questions.
Go to Top of Page

Twinhard

Germany
9 Posts

Posted - 03 mars 2010 :  18:10:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
IGO8 works well with XOverCe. I use both on my 2200T. You don´t need an update to a Croosover. I copied IGO to XOverCE\Programs (removed some maps because it was to big)and start IGO autorun.exe at the folder 2577. I use the Nitrogen desktop shortcut to start it. (overwrite the Nitrogen command in XOverCE\Windows\Desktop with
48#"\SDMMC Card\XOverCE\Programs\IGO\IGO8\IGO8.exe") At the first start it need some minutes to do all the things, but at the second start it was quick. You can do .kml files for motorcycle rides to XOverCE\Programs\Igo\iGO8\save\routes
Thanks all who helped for use our MAG´s many years longer.

Edited by - Twinhard on 03 mars 2010 18:26:19
Go to Top of Page

Hoyle2001

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 03 mars 2010 :  20:22:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@Twinhard

Which version of IGo are you using? Also any tips on getting it to run. Maybe a walkthrough. I've tried a few versions all seem to either not run, or show start screen then return to XoverCE screen. When I try to run autorun.exe from the 2577 folder of the version I have it wants to install, then says not enough room. Another version says Program application database cannot be found. One last question do I need to edit anything in SYS.txt?

Edited by - Hoyle2001 on 03 mars 2010 20:45:06
Go to Top of Page

Twinhard

Germany
9 Posts

Posted - 03 mars 2010 :  21:19:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I use IGO 8.3.4 with some maps of European countries. I did this all with help from the folks of the Magellanboard and this board(thx to them).
My IGO8 version has 1,6GB. You´ll need less than 2 GB (incl. XOverCE). If application is not found it seems to be the wrong path or a lost sign in the path. If it has not enough space it seems the branding is to big.
What I did (excuse my bad english, it is a little bit rusty):
A formated 2GB SD Card
XOverCe on it with a small (1,6? GB) IGO for PNA!!! devices in the Programs folder
The steps I told before.
First time no sys.txt changes. First time I removed the speedtrap folder. Today it works. I don´t know why. Later I customized the sys.txt with some needfull commands.
Something more I had some cold Bitburger at this time.
I think the secret is the right version of IGO.
Try it, it´s great.

Edited by - Twinhard on 03 mars 2010 21:48:58
Go to Top of Page

Hoyle2001

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 03 mars 2010 :  21:22:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Might I ask where you got it? Your copy of IGo I mean

Edited by - Hoyle2001 on 03 mars 2010 21:29:37
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2017_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,47 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05