Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 1934

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 GPS on the Apple iPhone and iPad - smartphoneGPS.com
 [TOPIC] TomTom Car Kit for iPhone - Reviewed
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

davidt

USA
68 Posts

Posted - 15 juin 2010 :  19:31:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The only issue that I can see will be the top lock and charging. Connection will be the same height the same. The top is a rounded piece, and the new phone is square. However since it is thinner it might fit. However, charging will be the problem since the internal battery on the new Iphone is larger.
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

93782 Posts

Posted - 19 juin 2010 :  17:53:28  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
An update on the Appstore now showing compatibility of the Car Kit with the iPhone 4...but they've been wrong before so to be confirmed "in person" ;-)

Discounts and Assistance/Réductions et Assistance (Club GpsPasSion) / Où commencer?
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

93782 Posts

Posted - 27 juin 2010 :  20:44:36  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Compatibility of the iPhone 4 with the Car Kit is now confirmed...provided you pad the bottom part of the kit as seen in the picture below :

Discounts and Assistance/Réductions et Assistance (Club GpsPasSion) / Où commencer?
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

93782 Posts

Posted - 07 sept. 2010 :  19:20:26  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
TomTom UK posted on their twitter account https://twitter.com/UKTomTom that they now have an adapter for the iPhone 4, it ships with new kits and will be made available for free via their site shortly :

Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

93782 Posts

Posted - 10 sept. 2010 :  06:45:46  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The iPhone 4 adapter can now be ordered for free, here is the link : http://www.tomtom.com/page/iphone-4-adapter

Go to Top of Page

wco81

USA
227 Posts

Posted - 16 oct. 2010 :  10:32:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Any word on whether this will work with iPod Touch?

Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

93782 Posts

Posted - 16 oct. 2010 :  20:44:05  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
No, you need a special version for the Touch -> http://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/products/mobile-navigation/tomtom-car-kit-for-iPod-touch/

Go to Top of Page

ma2oliveira

Brazil
7 Posts

Posted - 04 nov. 2010 :  13:16:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Greetings,

I would like to inquire if any of you have had audio problems when using the iGo MyWay navigation app with the TomTom Carkit for Iphone.

In my case, the audio (voice guidance/keypress sounds) shows up only with the iPhone undocked from the carkit. On the other hand, phone calls come through the iPhone/Carkit beautifully.

Thanks for your assistance and attention.
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

93782 Posts

Posted - 04 nov. 2010 :  21:04:31  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Haven't used the iGO MyWay app recently but I'm pretty sure I did when last year and didn't notice any problems with the TomTom Car Kit, and haven't read any other such feedback, what version are you using?

Go to Top of Page

ma2oliveira

Brazil
7 Posts

Posted - 26 janv. 2011 :  15:32:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Greetings,

Sorry for the delay. iTunes reports that I have version 1.3.2 of iGo MyWay App Brazil.
Since my first/previous post I have switched to an iPhone 4 (iOS 4.2.1) and the lack of audio feedback (voice directions) persists.

Thanks for any help.
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

93782 Posts

Posted - 26 janv. 2011 :  21:24:43  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Really can't think of a good reason for that, I suppose iGo is not routing the sound properly, have you asked NNG (the makers of iGO)?

Go to Top of Page

ma2oliveira

Brazil
7 Posts

Posted - 26 janv. 2011 :  22:04:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello!

Strange, isn't it?

Yes, I asked them as follows:

<QUOTE>
Question: REF: iGO 2010 iPhone
REF: TomTom Carkit
REF: no audio/voice

Greetings,

I would like to request advice on how to resolve the following issue: the
voice guidance/sounds generated by the iGo MyWay Brazil 2010 do not come
through the speaker on my TomTom iPhone Carkit.
However, phone calls come through well.
The iGo's voice/sounds appear when the iPhone is undocked.

I have a jailbroken iPhone 3G 16GiB, firmware 4.0.1, iGo MyWay 2009
version 1.3.1.

Thank you for your attention and assistance.
</QUOTE>

And their response was rather off-target:

<QUOTE>
Dear Marco A. A. de Oliveira,

First of all, thank you for your interest in our products!

There are 3 places in the application, where you can set the volume, with the side buttons:

1. Go to '+More' -> click 'Settings' -> choose 'Sound and Warnings' and in this menu, when you use
the side buttons, you will change the sound of the application.

2. When on the map, if you click once, the application will bring up the 'Quick menu'. You may
change the sound here as well using the side buttons.

3. You can change the sound of the application by using the side buttons, when there is speech
coming from the application.

Unfortunately there is no software slider for changing the volume.

If you have further questions, do not hesitate to contact us!

Best regards,

NNG Support
</QUOTE>

I also asked TomTom and received a response (I was not able to find the message) indicating that the problem would be on iGo's side. I understand that they would not be interested in making too much of an effort towards achieving 100% feature compatibility with competing products.

I will ask iGo again and see if a different tech answers.

Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

davidt

USA
68 Posts

Posted - 28 janv. 2011 :  18:44:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just a blind shot in the dark:
1) confirm that the iPhone and the car kit are BT paired
2) start the application and make a route
3) open up itunes and on the lower right side there should be a audio choice button
4) Choose the car kit and double on the home button and go back to the route, and audio could be there.
Go to Top of Page

ma2oliveira

Brazil
7 Posts

Posted - 29 janv. 2011 :  15:10:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks davidt!
I'll try it out when I head outside today.
Post the results when I head back in.
Go to Top of Page

newyork

USA
20 Posts

Posted - 22 févr. 2011 :  20:26:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

I just purchased a TT car kit I am quite pleased with the improvement in satellite reception. I connected the device to my car aux input and this is a great sound improvement over the built in speaker.
However, one problem I am having, for some reason all iphone applications (navigation, radio stations, ipod,...) are routed to the car speakers except telephone calls are routed to the built in speaker.
This renders the car kit and the Bluetooth feature almost useless for calls, as the built in speaker doesn't provide adequate sound quality for a telephone conversation.

Is there a way to fix this and have the calls also routed to the car aux?
Thanks,
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,58 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05