Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2274

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 Mio AIO Forums - www.mionav.com
 How to upgrade/downgrade the firm. on Mio (Moov+C)
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 167

g_alin

USA
817 Posts

Posted - 13 août 2009 :  02:17:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
kener,
Not much info ... for now.
Can you check the ICs that you see in the GPS. That can help us to understand some things like Flash Memory type, RAM Memory type ... and some other info about other peripherals used on this platform.
I am almost sure that we are talking about a software unlock.
Go to Top of Page

kener

Netherlands
69 Posts

Posted - 13 août 2009 :  17:08:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here take a look at this

http://www.gpspassion.com/upload2/moov330pcbback.jpg
http://www.gpspassion.com/upload2/moov330pcbfront.jpg

The flash ic with the label on it is a samsung K9G8G08U0M.
The one cap (little) still in place do not hide ic's.

Mio Moov 330 ce5.0 MP-R68
Mio Moov 370 ce5.0 Blue unlock shell
Mio C510e ce4.2 MP-R22
Go to Top of Page

marian78

11 Posts

Posted - 14 août 2009 :  16:11:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi for first sorry for my english and thx for your help.

I have Mio c620 that freez on orange boot screen , no usb connectivity to PC. I thing that "My flash disk" is corupt, and neeed format (delete). But how. I read on this topic "ALL THE INFORMATION FROM “MY FLASH DISK” MAY BE LOST, DO A BACK-UP FIRST". How can format, delete without USB?

Thx Marian

Edited by - marian78 on 14 août 2009 16:19:20
Go to Top of Page

g_alin

USA
817 Posts

Posted - 14 août 2009 :  19:57:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
marian78,
If you have a problem with your My Flash Disk (a corrupt partition) that can be fixed with Format (not delete). Format can be done from wince (if you have access to wince/Control Panel/ Partition manager) or from UPGRADE screen (by doing an upgrade with FORMAT option). Is not recommended to format partition from Windows PC. Many experienced lost of My Flash Disk after that Format from Windows PC ... that can be fixed only by upgrading wince with FORMAT option. If you have the original CD (that came in the GPS box) you don't have to worry, because there is all the information from My Flash Disk - software and maps. You'll lose only the data saved by you on GPS ... Favorites, History ....
So first question is: Do you have access to wince?
Go to Top of Page

Lino

Belgium
2 Posts

Posted - 15 août 2009 :  20:49:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by g_alin

bigalli,
Theoretically (almost) YES. practically ... we don't know how to perform the upgrade. But we are working on that.

zer0en,
I tend to say that you upgraded to an other family of products (same like upgrading from MioMap3.3 to MioMap2008). Maybe now you should focus on finding the wince image file ... maybe there is a backup on your PC (in MioMap software). But if you reinstall everything probably that is not a good point to start ... you can send me a PM to give you more hints how to search.

kener,
Those are some great findings. Can you give me also the forum where you found that?
Probably the Moov has the same type of 'upgrade unlock' like C series .... software.

gardavis, ok :)

Lino,
this link is my C:\WINCE500\PLATFORM\SMDK2440A folder (used for my build):
http://www.Gpspassion/upload2/SMDK2440A.zip
Also here you have another SMDK2440A with all necessary instructions:
http://www.Gpspassion/upload2/SMDK2440A_2.zip
But be aware that any of those is not EXACTLY whats inside Mio ... so you can't make a build compatible with that GPS ... this is the reason why I made that software. I used some of the original ROM (nk + some drivers) and add some new features. If you want to build something from scratch and uploading into Mio will need to have more info and some drivers source. I don't want to get into too many details ... is not relevant.
Unfortunately i can't found my MioC220.pbxml settings. Probably I forgot to save the pbxml file before formatting ... :( there are somethings that can be recovered from file SysgenSettings.out from the Release Dir.
Here you have the link of the release folder:
http://www.Gpspassion/upload2/C220_1_final_Desktop_3_Rel_Fol.zip
If you are interested on more technical details we can discuss over email.

thanks !!

edit:
links down :(

edit2:
never mind :) did not see that '.com' was missing

Edited by - Lino on 15 août 2009 23:04:39
Go to Top of Page

ste

712 Posts

Posted - 16 août 2009 :  21:08:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There is a successful experience on a national forum to compile a firmware with other included Coredll.dll (not the one originally included with that firmware, abridged). PNA reflashing with this firmware was also a success. I consider it a historical step to enhance a PNA.

The forum is not english-language and requires registration to get an access to GPS part, so I am not sure if any links would be helpful, any way here it is: http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?s=&showtopic=119060&view=findpost&p=3095778

Mio C520 R48.3.9937.1026 MioPocket 4.0 SD Release 68

Edited by - ste on 16 août 2009 21:11:34
Go to Top of Page

marian78

11 Posts

Posted - 17 août 2009 :  16:20:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, thx for your reply.

I dont have access to WinCE 5.00. My Mio C620 after power on go to boot screen and then go to orange mio start screen and freeze. i think something wrong in oasis folder, and when i format My flash disk or delete oasis folder, my mio start normaly. Then i can restore it from cd or install another navigation software. But for now no usb, no WinCE 5.00 with unlock. Can i upgrading WinCE with FORMAT option? But i dont have mio c620 image, can only format? how?

Thx.

marian

PS: sorry for my english
quote:

marian78,
If you have a problem with your My Flash Disk (a corrupt partition) that can be fixed with Format (not delete). Format can be done from wince (if you have access to wince/Control Panel/ Partition manager) or from UPGRADE screen (by doing an upgrade with FORMAT option). Is not recommended to format partition from Windows PC. Many experienced lost of My Flash Disk after that Format from Windows PC ... that can be fixed only by upgrading wince with FORMAT option. If you have the original CD (that came in the GPS box) you don't have to worry, because there is all the information from My Flash Disk - software and maps. You'll lose only the data saved by you on GPS ... Favorites, History ....
So first question is: Do you have access to wince?

Edited by - marian78 on 17 août 2009 16:22:13
Go to Top of Page

g_alin

USA
817 Posts

Posted - 17 août 2009 :  18:40:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
marian78,
first you need to find out the file that is started by you GPS when you insert the SDCard into your GPS (use google ...). After you know the file name I can change the UPGRADE application to start ... to give you access to UPGRADE screen. Yes you can upgrade with Format ... but only if you have the winceimg.bin file and you have access to UPGRADE screen. You can't 'only format' (thank God ... ) that will make your device unusable. With Format you are deleting everything (wince and My Flash Disk). I can try to extract the image from SMFlash ...
But first step will be to find out the file name that is autostarted by GPS (some sort of MioAutoRun.exe - C320 series). Only after that we'll try to copy the SMFlash ... extract wince ... activate the UPGRADE ... and finally the upgrade with Format.
Go to Top of Page

marian78

11 Posts

Posted - 18 août 2009 :  08:58:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

thanks for your answer.

My autostart file name is "mioautorun.exe". Now i need extract wince and again flash with format as you wrote (thx for this).

lame question: how?, i googleit and i dont find any c620 smflash, only max c520.
I find this " http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=111274&whichpage=4 ". And download diskrw2.zip.

thx.

Marian

quote:

marian78,
first you need to find out the file that is started by you GPS when you insert the SDCard into your GPS (use google ...). After you know the file name I can change the UPGRADE application to start ... to give you access to UPGRADE screen. Yes you can upgrade with Format ... but only if you have the winceimg.bin file and you have access to UPGRADE screen. You can't 'only format' (thank God ... ) that will make your device unusable. With Format you are deleting everything (wince and My Flash Disk). I can try to extract the image from SMFlash ...
But first step will be to find out the file name that is autostarted by GPS (some sort of MioAutoRun.exe - C320 series). Only after that we'll try to copy the SMFlash ... extract wince ... activate the UPGRADE ... and finally the upgrade with Format.

Go to Top of Page

a33pul

USA
32 Posts

Posted - 18 août 2009 :  09:08:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi
when i downloaded the mio pocket 49 i renamed the
mioautorun.exe to navione.exe
mioautorun.mscr to navione.mscr
mortscript unchaged
it started the mio pocket but had couple of issue
did not sync data
mio did not start the blue tooth
the orginal menue was running as well in the start up.
i tried to kill the old start up and i meed it up. now when i soft reset only the logo comes up and then get black screen
Go to Top of Page

g_alin

USA
817 Posts

Posted - 18 août 2009 :  20:38:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
marian78,
try to use diskrw2.zip ... to download SMFlash.img.
1.Start DisKRW
2.Select from combo-box (close to 'Store:') -> SMFlash
3.Press '...' button and select 'Storage Card' (where to save your SMFlash.img)
4.Press 'Read' button
if you have any problems let me know.
Upload somewhere that file and we'll see from there.

a33pul,
I don't know too many about miopocket 49 ... try to ask help on that thread. All I can do is to give you information of how to upgrade firmware ...
try http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=111274&whichpage=4 diskrw2.zip
rename MioAutoRun.exe to navione.exe and MioAutoRun.mscr to navione.mscr and download the SMFlash.img first. But do you know how to enter on UPGRADE screen? what GPS do you have?
Go to Top of Page

zer0en

Belgium
8 Posts

Posted - 18 août 2009 :  20:39:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Alin,
I received an email from mio technology saying they are sorry but the update mail the did send me was a mistake and intended for an other mio product (argh.....). Also an explanation how to reinstall the software, format the flashdisk and so on, wich i tried already with no succes. They also say that on miomore desktop there must be 8 possible choices, wich i never had, so I think, considering that it should be cobia420-64 software for my type of mio, they shipped me a wrong CD.

Best regards,

Julien

ps: I have been away for 1 week, it seems a have no rights on this forum to send you a PM, here is my mailadress zer0en(at)gmail(dot)com.

quote:

bigalli,
Theoretically (almost) YES. practically ... we don't know how to perform the upgrade. But we are working on that.

zer0en,
I tend to say that you upgraded to an other family of products (same like upgrading from MioMap3.3 to MioMap2008). Maybe now you should focus on finding the wince image file ... maybe there is a backup on your PC (in MioMap software). But if you reinstall everything probably that is not a good point to start ... you can send me a PM to give you more hints how to search.

kener,
Those are some great findings. Can you give me also the forum where you found that?
Probably the Moov has the same type of 'upgrade unlock' like C series .... software.

gardavis, ok :)

Lino,
this link is my C:\WINCE500\PLATFORM\SMDK2440A folder (used for my build):
http://www.gpspassion.com/upload2/SMDK2440A.zip
Also here you have another SMDK2440A with all necessary instructions:
http://www.gpspassion.com/upload2/SMDK2440A_2.zip
But be aware that any of those is not EXACTLY whats inside Mio ... so you can't make a build compatible with that GPS ... this is the reason why I made that software. I used some of the original ROM (nk + some drivers) and add some new features. If you want to build something from scratch and uploading into Mio will need to have more info and some drivers source. I don't want to get into too many details ... is not relevant.
Unfortunately i can't found my MioC220.pbxml settings. Probably I forgot to save the pbxml file before formatting ... :( there are somethings that can be recovered from file SysgenSettings.out from the Release Dir.
Here you have the link of the release folder:
http://www.gpspassion.com/upload2/C220_1_final_Desktop_3_Rel_Fol.zip
If you are interested on more technical details we can discuss over email.

Go to Top of Page

a33pul

USA
32 Posts

Posted - 19 août 2009 :  03:54:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks g_alin here are the info
my gps is a chineese version
4.3" SAMSUNG400MHz/GPS+Bluetooth+MAP+MP4+2G Card/SP-43A
romversion:18.jx.4.bf.1.4.2.8
processor: arm920t
ram size: 64mb
software version: 2.08
sirflll
i dont know how to up grade but my first concern is to get the gps back in order, no screen at all. when i soft reset it only the logo comes on
Go to Top of Page

g_alin

USA
817 Posts

Posted - 19 août 2009 :  04:39:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
a33pul,
unfortunately I don't have enough information to help you ... tell me how to help you? ask me some questions ... and I will try to answer.
Go to Top of Page

kener

Netherlands
69 Posts

Posted - 19 août 2009 :  07:52:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
zer0en

Can you post here in short the
explanation how to reinstall the software for the email.
Never know when it's needed.

Thanks.

Mio Moov 330 ce5.0 MP-R68
Mio Moov 370 ce5.0 Blue unlock shell
Mio C510e ce4.2 MP-R22
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 167  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,92 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05