Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 1952

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 Mio AIO Forums - www.mionav.com
 How to upgrade/downgrade the firm. on Mio (Moov+C)
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 167

theoconst1

Greece
15 Posts

Posted - 16 oct. 2009 :  16:39:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you Alin. I appreciate it.
Go to Top of Page

ta2ey

6 Posts

Posted - 23 oct. 2009 :  22:13:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi g_alin,
I have a 4.8" WinCE 6.0 Navigation Device. I'd like to add Control Panel and what it needs to run to the OS. I got img files from the seller. But I don't know how to play with img files . Could you please explain me how to modify an img file?

Thanks in advance,
Go to Top of Page

g_alin

USA
817 Posts

Posted - 26 oct. 2009 :  18:39:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ta2ey,
Unfortunately I don't have experience with CE6. If you upload the image I can take a look (don't know if I can help you).
Go to Top of Page

escape007

10 Posts

Posted - 26 oct. 2009 :  20:28:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by g_alin

escape007,
I don't have Mio C250 + ROM R17.4.0160.0917.
Yes I can create one if you copy the SMFlash from one device that has this firmware (use the DiskRW.exe on top of my post)

Hi g_alin,

Here is copy the SMFlash of c250 + ROM R17.4.0160.0917.
http://depositfiles.com/de/files/hr8z8cix3

Can you please convert the to Imagefile?
Thanks!!!

Edited by - escape007 on 26 oct. 2009 21:54:24
Go to Top of Page

ta2ey

6 Posts

Posted - 26 oct. 2009 :  21:34:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

ta2ey,
Unfortunately I don't have experience with CE6. If you upload the image I can take a look (don't know if I can help you).

Hi g_alin,

Thanks for your reply. I uploaded my image files here:
http://rapidshare.com/files/296548204/YF82A_4.8_WINCE_6.0_ROM.rar

I'm able to get some info from the system screen of device.

Application Version: S930S-3-3.11A-F2
Kernel Version : 930-1.1.5
Processor type : ARM1136JF-S AT840
Board Type : AT8X0BD 6.0

There was a folder named "repair_system" in original SD card.
That folder included files like "boot82a.bld (15kb),btld82a.bld (62kb),cfg82A.cfg (8kb),os82a.img (49.152kb),YFAPP.wzp (19.025kb), YFUpdate.exe (259kb).

I was unable to restore device with those files when it got locked. Then I e-mailed to seller and requested ROM image. He sent me 3 files that uploaded the archive for you and I could succeed to recover my device.

I'm greatly appreciated if you give me some clues to manage the img files.

Thanks in advance...
Go to Top of Page

g_alin

USA
817 Posts

Posted - 27 oct. 2009 :  03:39:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
escape007,
Done. Check the first page. This firmware has more components than R11.

ta2ey,
I check the files, and ROMHDR (ROM layout) is different (than wince 4.2 or wince 5.0).
I can tell you that wince.img is the OS (has to parts: tinynk and nk) and winceapp.img are applications (used by your PNA). There is not much to tell .. I was unable to extract any files (due to ROM layout problem). sorry.
Go to Top of Page

escape007

10 Posts

Posted - 27 oct. 2009 :  18:14:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

escape007,
Done. Check the first page. This firmware has more components than R11.

g_alin

Thank you very much!
Go to Top of Page

ta2ey

6 Posts

Posted - 27 oct. 2009 :  18:27:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

ta2ey,
I check the files, and ROMHDR (ROM layout) is different (than wince 4.2 or wince 5.0).
I can tell you that wince.img is the OS (has to parts: tinynk and nk) and winceapp.img are applications (used by your PNA). There is not much to tell .. I was unable to extract any files (due to ROM layout problem). sorry.

Don't be sorry about it.
Thank you for taking a look at my files.
Go to Top of Page

KhaKev

385 Posts

Posted - 29 oct. 2009 :  07:39:37  Show Profile  Visit KhaKev's Homepage  Reply with Quote
g_alin,

Could you kindly look at the Sanyo ROM http://rapidshare.com/files/298118967/Sanyo_Diskrw.zip.html and see if it's possible to extract BL and OS? The file size does not seem right and I have not successfully dumped the image.

Do you think we should change the Length and maybe also Offset prior Reading the ROM? What should they be? Any pointers is greatly appreciated. Thanks. -KK.

Edited by - KhaKev on 29 oct. 2009 22:30:43
Go to Top of Page

g_alin

USA
817 Posts

Posted - 30 oct. 2009 :  03:14:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
KhaKev,
The image has an OS inside. dumprom is not working with that image .. I can't tell you why. With my software I was able to take a look inside the installed components - I got an error somewhere and I don't have time right now to investigate why. For sure this image is the richest I ever sow (for a PNA).
"The file size does not seem right and I have not successfully dumped the image."
Why do you think is not right? did you got any error during dumping?
If you talking about diskrw parameters ... I don't have to much experience with those. I used the default values of the software.
Anyway let me know why do you think the dump is not right .. and tell me if you can enter in UPGRADE SCREEN. We have to find out if your device use N000FF image or NB0 image for upgrade.
Go to Top of Page

KhaKev

385 Posts

Posted - 30 oct. 2009 :  07:01:18  Show Profile  Visit KhaKev's Homepage  Reply with Quote
g_alin,
First of all, thanks for taking the time looking into this.
The reason why is because the OS should be ~26.6MB. If the BL was copied then it should be less than 30MB image for SMFlash. The same for DSK1, it should be around 13MB but it's close to 96MB after DiskRW'd.

I understand dumprom is good for NK.bin. Yes, I did get error with dumprom on SMFlash image. However, 9 OS files were extracted.
The error is: ERROR: could not find pointer for ofs ffffffff. It took hours then dumprom gave up with above error.

As you can see there are many fffffff's in the image by viewing in HexEditor. I read from here that some ROM has certain length. I also suspect because MioPocket was installed and that DiskRW read everything by using the API?

I don't believe there is an Upgrade Screen on this device. Looks like it reads the upgrade silently from SD with the proper key pressed and the right BL files on SD card. If my assumption is right you can translate this page for details.

I found a ROM from another brand that has a very similar OS and we've confirmed that the checksum for autorun.inf is the same. Looks like the boot loader consists of

block0.nb0
EBOOT.bin
EBOOT_SD.nb0
IROM_SD_EBOOT.nb0

NK.bin
XIPKER.bin
chain.bin
chain.lst

If you don't mind please continue on this topic here with others. Many thanks.

Edited by - KhaKev on 30 oct. 2009 23:00:38
Go to Top of Page

ojejoe

Australia
67 Posts

Posted - 31 oct. 2009 :  23:08:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everybody.
I'm new here in this topic but I've got problem related to the stuff discussed here.
I've got 4.3" Tevion GPS, which is bricked because of my stupidity. I've bricked it using
wrong rom upgrade from different gps brand, to brick my unit I used SD card with this files:
chain.bin,
chain.lst,
DRIVERS.bin
EBOOT.nb0
FormatFlsh.txt
NK.bin
TINYNK.bin
My GPS is dead, but if I insert SD card with this files into sd slot it wants to load the upgrade
and it does it to the end, it says 100% and completed successfully and after restarting is dead.
I did find someone with exactly the same unit and I'm going to get Flash Disk image created by
DiskRW.exe. The Tevin's 512Mb Flash Disk is partitioned into 4 partitions: the bigest is about
414Mb, second 64Mb (I think this is the RAM), third 22Mb (I thing this is the ROM) and the fourth
is something small a few Mb and I don't know what is it.
I was wondering if someone here would point me in right direction and tell me how to extract the ROM
from this disk image?
Thanks for your patience and any help you can give me.

Go to Top of Page

KhaKev

385 Posts

Posted - 02 nov. 2009 :  00:32:28  Show Profile  Visit KhaKev's Homepage  Reply with Quote
ojejoe,
Sorry to hear but if you can run DiskRW and read the ROM on your friend's device then upload it somewhere and ask g_alin to take look as I know he has the right tools for PNA ROM. Best of lucks.
Go to Top of Page

g_alin

USA
817 Posts

Posted - 02 nov. 2009 :  19:07:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ojejoe,
Can you upload the files used for upgrade? I will try to see the upgrade format.
Go to Top of Page

ducados22

5 Posts

Posted - 10 nov. 2009 :  14:28:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all.

A need help , my miomap c220 not working C220_NA (R06.3.0165.0315) C220_NA (R08.3.0165.0611 a need another

rom .

Thanks

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 167 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1,02 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05