Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2266

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 GPS on the Apple iPhone and iPad - smartphoneGPS.com
 [TOPIC] Navigon for iPhone / iPad - Testing - v1.8
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 16

weatheryoko

USA
295 Posts

Posted - 01 janv. 2011 :  01:22:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not sure what's going on. I did a complete restore of my Touch (3rd Gen running iOS 4.2.1) and then re-installed the software. I'm still not able to display Panoramic view (I restored the purchase and downloaded it). When I select it (as a view option), all I see is a blank screen.... Strange.

Justin
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

93993 Posts

Posted - 06 janv. 2011 :  03:53:02  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Any luck getting it to work? I for one have not been able to get InApp purchased to work in Navigon :-(

Discounts and Assistance/Réductions et Assistance (Club GpsPasSion) / Où commencer?
Go to Top of Page

weatheryoko

USA
295 Posts

Posted - 07 janv. 2011 :  16:22:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No. It's still not working. I'm debating rolling my iPod Touch to an earlier iOS (4.1 or 4.0) to see if that fixes the problem. Additionally, the "Album Cover Art" in the latest release shows up "fuzzy" and highly pixelated when selecting/playing an album through Navigon GPS Software. Navigon is aware of that problem. I'm hoping their next software revision fixes both problems. Other than that, the software works great (including Traffic services and Zagat).

Justin
Go to Top of Page

Enrique Muyshondt

USA
409 Posts

Posted - 08 janv. 2011 :  13:57:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
FYI, I'm running the latest official iOS release (4.2.1) in my iPhone and iPad and both work as expected with the in-app purchases. Perhaps you can try restoring the iPod back to factory settings and see if that fixes things.

I do have the pixelated cover art, though.
Go to Top of Page

klopus

USA
146 Posts

Posted - 08 janv. 2011 :  19:35:19  Show Profile  Visit klopus's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If it of any help I'm still running jailbroken iOS 4.0. No problems with upgrade to the latest Navigon.

NYC
Defunct TomTom Nav 6 NA/EU on Palm Treo 680
Garmin nuvi 270 NA/EU & 755T NA, Navigon iPhone NA
Go to Top of Page

weatheryoko

USA
295 Posts

Posted - 09 janv. 2011 :  04:46:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I appreciate the help. I'm still having the same problem. I'm now running iOS 4.1 (and jailbroken so I can tether via BT to my phone (for traffic/weather data))

Can you tell me what devices you're using (i.e. iPhone 4, 3G, 3GS, etc). I'm starting to wonder if there's a problem with my DrawSettings.nfs....

Justin

P.S. As an interesting side note: I took my favorites file off my AIO and renamed it to favorites.target and transfered it to my iPod touch. All my favorites were there. No retyping. I did the same with some routes that I have saved on my AIO (again, changed the file extension to .target and transfered them over). Easy.

Edited by - weatheryoko on 09 janv. 2011 04:49:43
Go to Top of Page

Enrique Muyshondt

USA
409 Posts

Posted - 10 janv. 2011 :  02:38:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have an iPhone 3GS and an iPad 3G and both worked without aproblem. Both have iOS 4.2.1, but I may have installed the previous version of Navigon before the OS upgrades came out..
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

93993 Posts

Posted - 11 janv. 2011 :  21:19:28  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Uninstalled and reinstalled on my 3GS with 4.1 and my iPad with 3.2 and now all is working as normal, including the extras, traffic/Panorama/Zagat!

The display on the iPad is impressive but I'm not sure it's fully optimized as the lists (menus, POIs, etc...) tend to get populated gradually from top to bottom. Not a big deal but I wasn't expecting this.

I'm glad to see tha the "turn at the t-junction" prompts are gone, they really didn't feel very natural.

Discounts and Assistance/Réductions et Assistance (Club GpsPasSion) / Où commencer?
Go to Top of Page

caryrae

USA
588 Posts

Posted - 14 avr. 2011 :  20:32:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
1.8.0 app update.

What's new

-All new NAVTEQ map data - A free map update for all users!
-Reality Scanner (iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4) - Augmented Reality based search for interesting places around your position.
-TrafficCheck - Traffic information for your route at a glance (only available in countries with Traffic Live).
-U.S. Safety and Red Light Camera locations incl. audiovisual warning (available through In App Purchase).

Edited by - caryrae on 14 avr. 2011 20:32:58
Go to Top of Page

wco81

USA
227 Posts

Posted - 14 avr. 2011 :  23:57:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So that must be only the US app?

The augmented reality and the radar camera databases would be useful for other countries too.

But TeleAtlas is supposedly stronger in Europe than Navteq is? Interesting that Navigon chose Navteq.
Go to Top of Page

Enrique Muyshondt

USA
409 Posts

Posted - 15 avr. 2011 :  13:55:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It looks like all regions were updated yesterday.
Go to Top of Page

davidt

USA
68 Posts

Posted - 15 avr. 2011 :  16:12:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just did the update. It went smooth and seems ok. The traffic check feature pops up for about 3 sec after you program a route. Is there a way to recall this?
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

93993 Posts

Posted - 05 mai 2011 :  05:39:33  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Haven't noticed this on my iPad version, is it still bothering you?

Go to Top of Page

davidt

USA
68 Posts

Posted - 06 mai 2011 :  16:21:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
[quote snipped] No it is not a bother, just would like to see it again as traffic is updated. As far as I can tell there is no way to recall the information. Would love to see a better indication by simply looking at the unit as to the traffic condition, kind of a more TomTom like view. When traffic gas a delay the car icon turns red or yellow and you then while driving have to drill through several screens to see the delay information. Unlike TomTom, just looking at the map and you can read and see the delay ahead or that you are already in.
Go to Top of Page

davidt

USA
68 Posts

Posted - 17 nov. 2011 :  17:39:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just upgraded to 2.0. I also downloaded just the USA states without Alaska and Hawaii. All went smoothly except at first no traffic information. From the purchase button I did a restore purchases and then I did a re-start of the phone, all back to were it was. Since I do not use the program much (I use TomTom because of traffic view) I will have to play with it a little and try and get use to it. I also restored my panorama view as well. One thing i did notice is that all of my saved locations were still there, no problems with them. I have also noticed that I will have to repeat the same set up over again on the iPad.

Updated: All the changes I did to the set up on the phone did transfer to the my iPad, except, the repurchase of the panorama 3D view and the state maps I did on the iPhone. For the iPad iPad I only did a few maps and the panorama view. Traffic is working as well.

I definitely like the the set up and view when you do a route, you can see each of the three route individually to make you choice.

Edited by - davidt on 17 nov. 2011 17:51:31
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 16 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,64 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05