Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com
fiogf49gjkf0d

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2801

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 Mio AIO Forums - www.mionav.com
 AsusPocket (based on MioPocket)
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7

axxelxavier

Romania
66 Posts

Posted - 19 juin 2009 :  08:55:14  Show Profile  Visit axxelxavier's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Unlock for Asus GPS devices with 480x272, 320x240 displays

Curent Release: AsusPocket _M.P.r49Core (ChangeLog)

Dowload:
1. megafileupload
2. ifile.it
3. mediafire

Note: Final release will be reuploaded after fixing all bugs. Please give us feedback about this release!

First patch == ChangeLog & Installating Instruction:
R700 users: megafileupload, mediafire
R300 users: megafileupload, mediafire

Previous Release:
AsusPocket.R300_M.P.r47Core

What is AsusPocket?
AsusPocket is an customized unlock kit, based on MioPocket 3.0, which can be found at http://gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=126303&whichpage=1
The purpose of AsusPocket is to allow unlocking PNAs (personal navigation devices, like GPS devices) and using them as PDAs (like personal, handheld computers).
AsusPocket is free and legal to use, as it consists, like MioPocket, 100% of freely-distributable content. AsusPocket is not a replacement for MioMap or any other navigation software.

Which are the differences between AsusPocket and MioPocket?

The differences resides in dedicated scripts for Asus R300&R700 devices and also in customized pages, which permit to use the original’s device functions.
Here are tweaks and customizations made so far in AsusPocket (tested and implemented mostly in Vista Red skin):
- AsusMainMenu, now have an Close Buton, based on Osprey’s idea - a different way to handle the original interface of Asus R300/R700 devices (minibar is no longer running when AsusMainMenu is active);
- ASUS Main Menu, now will display correctly battery level;
- Navigation Button from Asus Main Menu now showing a menu, to select four different apps (only .exe!) - credits for idea and for the base files goes to rell55, who find those on Internet (unfortunately, the author is still unknown...) ; this menu can be used in AsusPocket OR in original ASUS MAIN MENU;
- Bluetooth and FM Transmitter can be launched now on Asus R300/R700 devices from AsusPocket;
- Original multimedia and navigation apps (Video & Audio Players, Image viewer, Asus Go) from Asus R300/R700 devices, all can now be used without minibar, from AsusPocket;
- ASUS_POWERONPLAYGIF.exe issue is fixed (loud sound when booting if sound control was previously set in Asus Main Menu on high level);
- Selecting GAPI device,after a hard reboot it's fixed;
- System information display now correctly Flash Drive and SD card;
- USB mode button will display directly USBLoader, for faster connection to computer;
- ASUS Main Menu and Asus Settings (correspondent icons, in MioPocket, are Device Menu and Device Settings,), will now longer kill Bluetooth on exit;
Among those features, there are also some small tweaks & improvements, like:
- A working gx.dll for Asus R700 AND R300 – credits go to Rell55;
- Added 24 px icons to those which don’t have this resolution;
- Some new icons;
- Other minor scripts tweaks for games (Shift, TangledBugs) s.o.

AsusPocket include also a new skin, VistaRed (so far, only for 320x240 resolution; 480x272 coming soon)
Here are some highlights of Vista Red skin:
- New design, new repartition of icons (tabs and usual commands are placed on the sides of the screen. Note: so far, those can’t be edited with icon Edit function, maybe in the future a solution on this will be founded;
- New icons look, and brand new icons for navs (Igo Amigo, GPSPilot, AsusGo, Route66), games (AquaBubble, AquaPearls, Arvale, Asia, Shift, TangledBugs), media (GQView, RescoPhoto, Winamp), sistem (Suspend), s.o. ;
- A new, highly customizable page – MyPage (you can customize even the pages tabs), on a guided background (you can center your icons according to the layout matrix);
- Other new page, VistaRedClock, with a big digital clock, and some useful customizable buttons;
- A Favorites page, with a simple “unlock like” design, for using mainly when driving;
- A third Games page;
- Icons from bottom of the page (“footer”) can be changed individually on each page;
- Updated Skin changers to include also VistaRed Skin, for both resolutions, and all skins;
- A different behavior of minibar - only when collapsed, there is no close button (which will not interfere with some games, apps, menus); close button can still be used from expanded minibar;
- Added Bluetooth icon on VistaRed_320x240_settings page.
- Added a new skin for MyApps - VistaRed, which will be automatically loaded on Vista Red skin;
Which devices does AsusPocket run on?
In the initial distribution of AsusPocket, references to other devices are not removed, so, basically, it should run on almost all GPS devices, like Miopocket.
Next releases, thought, will be more and more specific, so scripts will be dedicated for particularly types of devices (for examples AsusPocket R300 or AsusPocket R700), in order to increase efficiency and speed of those unlocks, and the references for other devices or resolutions will be removed.
What types of programs and features does AsusPocket come with?
Like MioPocket, AsusPocket includes also many applications. For a full list, see the MioPocket Readme file.
AsusPocket, like MioPocket, can be install either to SD or to flash disk (SD-free), but it’s highly recommended to try SD install first.
For SD install, unrar the archive first on your computer, then transfer all files on SD card. After a hard-reset, an installation window should appear and will guide you through the install procedure.
For more information about features and answers to other questions, please read the MioPocket Readme file, from GPSPassion MioPocket page, as it is the bases of this unlock kit.

Here are some Skin`s Screenshots:

-----------------------------Asus R700 ---------------------------------------------- Asus R300

VistaRed Favorites

VistaRed Navigation

VistaRed Multimedia

VistaRed Games

VistaRed Productivity

VistaRed Tools

VistaRed Settings

Windows 7 SysInfo and MyPage with customised icons

320x240 Clock Page and AsusGo Navigation Menu

Useful software:
- IcoFX – free icon creator (http://www.icofx.ro);
- Prism - free video converter http://www.nchsoftware.com/prism/index.html;
- Handbrake – also a good free video converter http://handbrake.fr/?article=download;
- color Schemer http://www.colorschemer.com/online.html

Asus R300, AsusPocket.R300_M.P.r47Core, AsusPocket.R300_M.P.r49Core

Edited by - axxelxavier on 20 juil. 2009 09:54:33

Ads

cheetah64d

101 Posts

Posted - 19 juin 2009 :  12:00:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
TY, axxelxavier.

1. Do you encountered the "soft-reset by hardware button" problem, as described in the M.P.3 thread? If so, is AsusPocket solves the problem?

2. Just want to know (maybe it has effect on the previous Q, according to Melioh) - which Nav App. do u use, and which ver.?

3. Do you 'clean' the files, scripts, etc. from non-asus devices lines? think it'll make it faster, isn't it?

4. MioPocket R48 is also working for asus devices, isn't it? Y not relay on it?

5. Big thank you for all your efforts!! more Q's are about to come, be sure of that...

Again - Keep up the good work!

X-GPS Navigation Device, Model GPS-S450B.
Go to Top of Page

axxelxavier

Romania
66 Posts

Posted - 19 juin 2009 :  13:10:46  Show Profile  Visit axxelxavier's Homepage  Reply with Quote
@cheetah64d

What device do you have? Better include your device type in you signature.
1.No, never. But this can be easily solved, modifying in MioAutoRun\Programs\TroNik\PowerButton.ini, lines which refer to Asus
On my device, those lines are:

;; Off button for Asus devices
256=off

Check this out, maybe in your case is 256=reset.

2.Nav App is from MP R47, with some custom lines added, for AsusGo, Igo Amigo (mostly like Melioh's). When i finish AP_R48, I will update also NavApp with all necessary lines, from Melioh and others.
Actually, I'm searching myself a way to solve soft-reset when plugg/unplug device from car battery. I have a few possiblities, but some tests must be done. About Igo issue, I know there is a version which respond well at charge/discarge battery (iGO.8.0.0.49545) - no restart. There is also other version (8.3.2.70321), which seems to respond almost well, but something must be done in Control Panel - and also, no restart.
3.No. In the nearest future, because it's take some time. Anyway, I agree with you, it will have positive impact on running speed.
4.Yes. This is not the end. But if you have a extra card, give a try on this, even if is R47 based. Take a look, for example, at AsusMainMenu... almost all bugs (presents now in MioPocket R48) are fixed...and much more (bluetooth working, etc).
Anyway, soon I will finish R48 version (I have to test it first), so you can wait AP_R48.
5.Thank you. All Q's are welcomed, to solve all problems from our devices.

Go to Top of Page

desimtor

92 Posts

Posted - 20 juin 2009 :  03:59:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
axxelxavier,

Thanks you for the AsusPocket, looking forward for next version ;)
Do you know how to keep the FM transmitter on after a power cycle?

Cheers.

V7 NAV740; Asus R300; Asus R600; Sanyo 4370 (All running on CE5.0)

Edited by - desimtor on 20 juin 2009 04:02:32
Go to Top of Page

axxelxavier

Romania
66 Posts

Posted - 20 juin 2009 :  13:28:28  Show Profile  Visit axxelxavier's Homepage  Reply with Quote
@desimtor,

I'm glad you like it, and I'm hoping next release will be better.
Please be more specific, I need more detalis. You mean after unplugging from battery car or AC adapter? If yes, it can be done, but it's not quite simple.
Let's imagine the most common issue - running a Nav App and listening music through FM transmiter, with device connected to car battery. When you unplug the device, usually MioPocket & AsusPocket restart. If you mean that situation, the easy solution is to find a way to prevent MP & AP from restarting when unplug device from power source. Only way that I now so far is to activate pause_daemon process, which give us the timed power option from original menu. And, for some reasons, it's seems that Tronik power button is responsible for restarting MP when device is disconnected from power. So, solution might be killing power button when running nav app, and launching pause_daemon process, until exiting Igo or other nav app.
Right now, I'm working to find solutions:
1. to prevent MP & AP reset when unplugged from battery, and
2. to prevent also restarting Igo 8.3.2 (my version) when use hardware standby button.
I found a solution, even temporary, for issue nr. 2 (it's working 100% on iGO.8.3.2.70321) and I will test also on other Igo's demo releases (iGO.8.0.0.49545 and iGO.8.0.0.88902 seems not to be affected by this issue).
I have also some results at issue nr.1, but only local, for a specific app. I'll try to find if it's possible to make it work all time.
I want AP.R48Core to include those fixes.

Go to Top of Page

cheetah64d

101 Posts

Posted - 20 juin 2009 :  21:08:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by axxelxavier

@cheetah64d,
1.No, never. But this can be easily solved, modifying in MioAutoRun\Programs\TroNik\PowerButton.ini, lines which refer to Asus
On my device, those lines are:

;; Off button for Asus devices
256=off
Check this out, maybe in your case is 256=reset.

quote:

@desimtor,
2. to prevent also restarting Igo 8.3.2 (my version) when use hardware standby button.

I didn't get it. Do you, or do you not encountered that problem? Restart when pressing the hardware button?

Go to Top of Page

desimtor

92 Posts

Posted - 20 juin 2009 :  21:43:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, I meant the pushing of the on/off button or unplugging the unit from the external power supply.
I will try to play with the pause_daemon too and see how far I get.

Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

axxelxavier

Romania
66 Posts

Posted - 21 juin 2009 :  06:59:55  Show Profile  Visit axxelxavier's Homepage  Reply with Quote
@cheetah64d,
No, when I press hardware power button, device enter in stanby.

@desimtor,
ok, I will try also myself.

Go to Top of Page

rel55

Romania
63 Posts

Posted - 21 juin 2009 :  10:38:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@desimtor
".....is small software package (76Kb) which gives user additional choice for start different type of GPS navigation applications
on Asus PNA R700. Can be easy adapted to other GPS PNA Asus models, like R300-R600. But even if you do not plan to install
other navigation software, this one can be recommended as cure for very annoying software Asus PNA problem.
I mean device self power out, when connection with charger lost, even in short time. After applying this patch, no more unpredictable device power down, during navigation!"

Adapted for R700 package(76Kb) you cad download here:
http://moemesto.ru/link/1826321

Asus R700 with last MP

Edited by - rel55 on 21 juin 2009 10:42:00
Go to Top of Page

cheetah64d

101 Posts

Posted - 21 juin 2009 :  12:56:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@rel55,

quote:
Originally posted by rel55

Adapted for R700 package(76Kb) you cad download here:
http://moemesto.ru/link/1826321

What is it? I mean - what's the program name? And is it ment to deal only with the "unpredictable device power down" problem, or also the "restarting MP from the begining when coming back for hibernation" problem?

@axxelxavier,
quote:

@cheetah64d,
No, when I press hardware power button, device enter in stanby.

And then, when you press the power button again - is the device turn on EXACTLY the same it was, or it restart from MP main page? (Lets say you were in the middle of navigation, and pressed the button - is the navigation program continue or not?)

Because my line of "256" button on TroNik page is also set to "off"..

Go to Top of Page

desimtor

92 Posts

Posted - 22 juin 2009 :  03:52:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
rel55,

thanks for the link, the application works on my R300.
The pause_daemon will do the job only when the mainmenu application is running it will not work while a nav application is running. While a nav is running the power button will not turn the unit off (standby) nor will the unplugging of the power cord. I only tested teh amigo nav application but will try others too.

I did some testing with the pause_daemon while running MP and the yes/no window pops-up while pressing the power button, pressing the no button will exit the window without powering the unit down(standby).
The yes option seems like it tries to access another application I'm assuming mainmenu, thus will not power the unit down (standby).

Cheers.
Go to Top of Page

axxelxavier

Romania
66 Posts

Posted - 22 juin 2009 :  15:31:25  Show Profile  Visit axxelxavier's Homepage  Reply with Quote
@cheetah64d,

When I press the power button again, the device turn on the same it was before, but consider the fact that I have a R300 device.
I see now you own a R700, so better ask rell55 or other R700 owners if they have the same issue, and if yes, how did they fix this problem. Anyway, it seems that R300 and r700 doesn't have the same operating system.
Still, this problem can be solved, if we can found the Tronik's power test program, which determine the right code for short pressing hardware button. Another question: on R700, the device enter in standby when pressing red close button from Asus & MioPocket, and selecting Stanby?
If yes, situation is solved. You have simply to replace line:

256=off
with
256=SDMMC\MioAutoRun\Scripts\PowerOff.mscr

When using a navigation app, for examples Igo 8.3.2, pressing hardware button will restart MioPocket or AsusPocket. I'm still looking for a fix for that. I think the navigation app need a delay in order to access SD card, when resuming standby.
I tried, for examples, the following fix:
1. In MP & AP, control panel/owner/Identification tab, check "Display owner identification" (At power on).
2. In Igo's Sys.txt, I add the following sections:
[interface]
exit_on_restart=0
[power]
skip_suspend_process=1
skip_resume_process=1
skip_suspend_process_all=1
skip_resume_process_all=1

The result is an owner identification display, which appear when resuming from standby. Simply tap once, and after 5 sec., tap again, and it should resuming Igo from where it was. Unfortunately, it's not working 100%, and I've tested only on Igo iGO.8.3.2.70321.
Please test on your navigation app, and give me some feedback.

Go to Top of Page

axxelxavier

Romania
66 Posts

Posted - 22 juin 2009 :  15:41:16  Show Profile  Visit axxelxavier's Homepage  Reply with Quote
@everybody,

After installing AP_R47, MP R48 (or 49), and after a HARD RESET, does ASUS_POWERONPLAYGIF.exe (blue screen with Asus logo, when booting) running mute or no?
Because in previous MP releases, was muted, and now, after erasing MioAutoRun folder from Flash and a clean install of MP 48, ASUS_POWERONPLAYGIF.exe it's making "noise" again...

Go to Top of Page

cheetah64d

101 Posts

Posted - 22 juin 2009 :  16:39:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

@cheetah64d,
Another question: on R700, the device enter in standby when pressing red close button from Asus & MioPocket, and selecting Stanby?
If yes, situation is solved. You have simply to replace line:

256=off
with
256=SDMMC\MioAutoRun\Scripts\PowerOff.mscr

...Please test on your navigation app, and give me some feedback.

That's the weird part - The asus won't enter to standby even by the red close button and even when changing off.exe to PHM\standby.exe. Nothing seems to work. I'll be very happy if an Asus R700 owner will post here his solution, even that I'm still thinking there is no difference between R700 and R300 operation system. I think they're both the same, just another interface. My code for the PB is also 256..

Anyway, I don't have the R700 right now, but I'll test it ASAP and will post the result.

Thanx anyway..

Go to Top of Page

axxelxavier

Romania
66 Posts

Posted - 22 juin 2009 :  16:53:30  Show Profile  Visit axxelxavier's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by cheetah64d

... I'm still thinking there is no difference between R700 and R300 operation system. I think they're both the same, just another interface.

Basically, they have the same core, but there are many differences between files. I've compared a list of files from R300 with a list of files sent me by Rell55, which own a R700, which some me clearly that are many different files.

Go to Top of Page

cheetah64d

101 Posts

Posted - 23 juin 2009 :  17:10:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh, BTW - if we already touched the subject - can you (or any1 else who owns a R700) send me the original Asus R700 files structure please (I hope this is what Rel55 sent you..)?
I once installed MP on the FlashDrive (SD Free installation), and I want to make sure that I've cleaned it up completly.

My address is: Cheetah64d@gmail.com

TY!

Edited by - cheetah64d on 23 juin 2009 18:56:44
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2017_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,59 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05