Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 Garmin nüvi forums
 Nuvi 855: cannot send Google destinations?
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Rubber Ducky

3 Posts

Posted - 06 juin 2009 :  00:01:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mac OS 10.5.7. Using Safari 3 (Garmin Communicator won't show in Safari 4 Beta even though is installed). Believe I have all the up-to-date Garmin software properly installed - Nuvi hooked to 'puter via USB.

Attempt to use the GPS Send capability to put a Google Map Destination into the Nuvi Favorites seems to go properly (though time from clicking send until shows done is almost instantaneous), but the Destination never gets to Favorites on the Nuvi.

Garmin email response is non-existent. Any clues on what I'm doing wrong? Tks.

7894 Posts

Posted - 06 juin 2009 :  02:27:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to our forum. I'm a PC guy so by experience with the Google Send has always been on the PC and not a Mac.

Are you waiting awhile to be sure the favorite doesn't show up? I know that when I SEND to the Nuvi, once I go into Favorites it takes some seconds before the destination actually shows up on the screen. This could get compounded if the SEND item is many miles away from your current/last known location as it needs to not only be transferred to the favorites list but sorted into the proper place in the list (nearest to farthest).

Here's a little test you can try. Go into Google and attempt to send a location that's just down the street from where your Nuvi is currently. This will insure that when it gets put in the Favorites it will be right at the top of the list and appear as quickly as possible on the first page of Favorites.

Rick James - Nuvi Forum Moderator
Nuvi 350 - Nuvi 760 - Nuvi 1695LM - Nuvi 3790LMT (with ecoRoutes HD) - Nuvi 2460LMT - Nuvi 3597LMTHD (with ecoRoutes HD) - DriveLuxe 50LMTHD also TomTom 540S for side by side comparison >> Here <<
2016 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ 6 CYL AWD

Go to Top of Page

Rubber Ducky

3 Posts

Posted - 06 juin 2009 :  22:41:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, but no help. Have no other favorites - new device. Waiting ........ does not help.

Anyone having luck with Mac transfer of Google destination to Nuvi 855?
Go to Top of Page

Rubber Ducky

3 Posts

Posted - 08 juin 2009 :  22:33:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Finally got responses from Garmin and the trick worked (first response did not, but second did).

First I restored the GPS (would not show any maps while underway). Then removed battery for 30 seconds. When started up again, the destinations that I had sent from Google Maps days ago were there in Favorites ... for the first time. Have not tried sending from Mac to Nuvi 855 again, but think the tricks will keep me in business.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2017_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,36 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05