Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2167

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 Mio AIO Forums - www.mionav.com
 MioPocket 3.0 (Unlock for PNAs) LOCKED-OBSOLETE
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 239

mikerr

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 11 mai 2010 :  23:07:09  Show Profile
Osprey / Joking742,
I have overlaid the NK.bin (and other files) created by Joking742 (see Page 205) and my Start Button is working, thanks Joking742. So I guess the NK.bin is somehow the guilty party. Now that the Start Button is working I am going to start working on other problems I am having with the OmniTech, but I will take them to the “All in One” Navigation Systems \ Modifying the Omnitech GPS forum.

Osprey, thanks again for your help and the great work you have done on MioPocket.

Mikerr
Go to Top of Page

ppeter

Australia
4 Posts

Posted - 12 mai 2010 :  05:09:23  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Osprey

ppeter,
That was solved in R40. The likely reason why it persists for you with the latest version is that you retained the registry backup from before. You will need to either delete MioAutoRun\Registry\Custom\RegistryBackup.reg or, if you really want to save your settings, open it in a text editor and search for and remove the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MiTac section.

All working ok again, thanks alot for your help Osprey, greatly appreciated.

Edited by - ppeter on 12 mai 2010 05:10:18
Go to Top of Page

M

326 Posts

Posted - 12 mai 2010 :  05:15:46  Show Profile
Osprey
My previous miopocket installation was on SD card. Any hints of what remenant of a file to look for that is incorrectly pointing to flash memory. Could it be an item in the registry and if so how can you search it when I am unable to run a program on it although I can link up?

I have looked through flash for suspicious file, could it be hidden?

Thanxx! (c310x-4GB, MP-v48)
Go to Top of Page

Osprey

USA
2764 Posts

Posted - 12 mai 2010 :  05:22:54  Show Profile  Visit Osprey's Homepage
jwoegerbauer,
Pcshell.exe works fine from the SD card. If it didn't, I wouldn't have included the Solitario game. It could be a registry path problem, but that'd only be if installation didn't complete properly and/or the device never soft reset after installation. He could check to make sure that HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\PocketCFile\Shell\Open\Command has the right drive name listed, but he has a bigger problem than that if it's incorrect and should, instead, try removing MioPocket and re-copying/re-installing it.

M,
I would delete the MioAutoRun folders on both your SD card and your flash drive, as well as delete HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MioPocket, if it exists. Then, re-copy everything from a fresh unzip of MioPocket.

Mio C320 (US), R40 firmware, WinCE 5.0 Core, MioPocket 4.0 Release 68
Latest MioPocket: MioPocket 4.0 (Release 68) - Dec 6, 2010 & ReadMe

Edited by - Osprey on 12 mai 2010 05:32:34
Go to Top of Page

M

326 Posts

Posted - 12 mai 2010 :  13:16:24  Show Profile
Osprey, ok, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MioPocket did exist so I did delete it, but I still get same message about looking for flash directory ? Any other registry entries you can think of that I should delete?

Is there an edit to the .mscr script that will 'force' sd installation?

Edited by - M on 12 mai 2010 15:17:43
Go to Top of Page

Osprey

USA
2764 Posts

Posted - 12 mai 2010 :  16:28:12  Show Profile  Visit Osprey's Homepage
M,
It doesn't make any sense to me. In MioAutoRun.mscr, you can see that the error that you got came from "Drive\MioAutoRun" not existing. "Drive" is a derived a few lines above from the path to the current script, so, if MioAutoRun.mscr is being run from the SD card, then "Drive" would be your SD card name. The only way that should end up saying "\NAND Flash\MioAutoRun is missing" is if the MioAutoRun.mscr is being run from the "NAND Flash" drive. Yes, you can try to "force" it by changing the "Drive" declaration line (the 7th line) to...
Drive = "\Storage Card"
...or...
Drive = "\SDMMC"
...whichever your SD card is named. That shouldn't be necessary, though, so I wouldn't be surprised if you just end up with a different problem. If you do, you should really find the problem on your flash drive (look for .mscr files) and fix it.

Go to Top of Page

M

326 Posts

Posted - 12 mai 2010 :  22:40:37  Show Profile
Edit: geez I can't believe that I did not think of this before, but in my gps settings menu, it lets you point to the gps softwared so I simply pointed to mioautorun on the sd card and it installed. Now if I can just figure out how to get the original Route66 navigation to run I will be satisfied. Thanks again for your help Osprey

Osprey,
Ok, I must have my head in the wrong place. Yes, MioAutoRun is on the flash drive because that is the only place where I thought it would run. These instructions(see below) mention the Route66 folder and the only place that folder exists is on the flash drive (gps does not need sd card)so I put them there thinking I could still use my own sd card to store all the miopocket files (I figured not enough room on flash). I am so sorry for my ignorance and misleading you but I could swear that I had done this same thing the first time installed miopocket on this device.

So right now I am re-installing rt66 program, but I will try putting a route66 folder on the sd card put mioautorun files there and see what happens unless you have a better idea.

Route 66: Copy MioAutoRun.exe, MioAutoRun.mscr and MortScript.exe to the Route 66 folder on your SD card, rename R66Navigate8.exe to R66Navigate8_orig.exe, then rename MioAutoRun.exe to R66Navigate8.exe and MioAutoRun.mscr to R66Navigate8.mscr.

Edited by - M on 13 mai 2010 01:46:43
Go to Top of Page

picstart

USA
32 Posts

Posted - 13 mai 2010 :  02:07:51  Show Profile

Tried to run Vista Ultimate Games skin page2 "Peg Solitaire" and got error: Error 126 trying to start "\Storage Card\MioAutoRun\Programs\Games\Solitario\pcshell.exe". What to do?
This runs from an SD card on wince4.2 but errors with the error above on winCe5.0
Go to Top of Page

Osprey

USA
2764 Posts

Posted - 13 mai 2010 :  03:03:52  Show Profile  Visit Osprey's Homepage
M,
So you did do an SDfree installation, as I guessed. The fact that you were trying to follow the SD installation instructions doesn't make any difference, since you deviated from them in a major way by copying the files to the flash drive, instead. It's not much of an SD installation when the files are on the flash drive ;). I'll update the Readme to mention setting the icon on the GPS menu if Route 66 comes on the flash drive instead of the SD card. As for getting Route 66 working, you should first rename its executable back (i.e. remove the "_orig" that you added to the filename), then, in MioPocket, simply point the Route 66 icon to that executable.

picstart,
It works in my CE5.

Edited by - Osprey on 13 mai 2010 03:15:59
Go to Top of Page

ppeter

Australia
4 Posts

Posted - 13 mai 2010 :  04:17:43  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by ppeter

quote:
Originally posted by Osprey

ppeter,
That was solved in R40. The likely reason why it persists for you with the latest version is that you retained the registry backup from before. You will need to either delete MioAutoRun\Registry\Custom\RegistryBackup.reg or, if you really want to save your settings, open it in a text editor and search for and remove the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MiTac section.

All working ok again, thanks alot for your help Osprey, greatly appreciated.

Discovered I'm currently running Miopocket 2 release 39 and all works ok bar the registry issue as above ocuuring frequently.

So I thought I would upgrade to Miopocket 3 Release 57 but no matter what I do I cant seem to get any other relaease other than 39 to boot from a sd card on my C520.

As per instructions for a "Navman" upgraded C520, I have created a folder In the root directory named Mantas405A43_AUS (found in "app_startup.txt") whichcontains renamed Autorun.exe, Mortscript and Autorun.mscr files and then copied the Media and MioAutorun folders onto the card.

Doing this with release 39 works ok but any other version and my C520 will boot normally without launching Miopocket at all.

Any help greatly apprcreciated

Cheers

Peter

Edited by - ppeter on 13 mai 2010 04:19:03
Go to Top of Page

jwoegerbauer

1863 Posts

Posted - 13 mai 2010 :  09:10:57  Show Profile  Visit jwoegerbauer's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by picstart

Tried to run Vista Ultimate Games skin page2 "Peg Solitaire" and got error: Error 126 trying to start "\Storage Card\MioAutoRun\Programs\Games\Solitario\pcshell.exe". What to do?
This runs from an SD card on wince4.2 but errors with the error above on winCe5.0

Error code 126 means: The specified module could not be found.
(FYI: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms681382%28VS.85%29.aspx)

HTH
Go to Top of Page

choont

10 Posts

Posted - 13 mai 2010 :  12:27:43  Show Profile
Hi all,
I have an old Mio 136 pna which i want to update it's very old maps and navigation program. I've found the MioPocket 3.0 program but in the readme file there is no reference about the mio 136 device (I'm guess, because it's old)...
I hope someone can help and tell me how to rename the files or folders on my device in order to install this great software...

Any idea will be appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

Go to Top of Page

alexk64

1 Posts

Posted - 13 mai 2010 :  17:49:22  Show Profile
Hi and thanks for the excellent miopocket.

I am trying to add a bluetooth device to a COM port.
It's a Mio C620 running Windows CE 5.0 Core.
The windows CE doesn't have the bluetooth settings that later windows mobile have.

Could I do something by writing a small script ?
I have a lot of experience in unix programming but limited in windows.

Best regards,
alexk
Go to Top of Page

jwoegerbauer

1863 Posts

Posted - 13 mai 2010 :  18:23:49  Show Profile  Visit jwoegerbauer's Homepage
@alexk64,
Windows CE (by default) only supports the Bluetooth Hands Free Profile Audio Gateway (AG). This profile allows you to use a Bluetooth headset or car kit as a hands free (HF) device. This feature is supported on Windows CE 5.0 and Windows Mobile 5.0 (and WM2003 SE). Hence you probably need to have installed the full MS Bluetooth stack or a third-party Bluetooth stack. I suggest you to do a Google-search for "WinCE Bluetooth stack"
Go to Top of Page

mhamid56

Egypt
3 Posts

Posted - 13 mai 2010 :  19:58:58  Show Profile
Mr.Osprey,
Thanks for these great efforts & issues
Please, I want to know how to install MioPocket 3.0 Release 59 or any other version to Hyundai UB-5 GPS. Thank you in advance.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 239 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,8 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05