greetings kener

Mio Moov 330 ce5.0 MP-R68
Mio Moov 370 ce5.0 Blue unlock shell
Mio C510e ce4.2 MP-R22
Go to Top of Page

gandalf_barbones

France
88 Posts

Posted - 27 mai 2009 :  23:01:50  Show Profile  Visit gandalf_barbones's Homepage
hi! great news this new release.

How should i process to upgrade from my current R41 on my HP IPAQ 314?

what about GAPI driver? any compatibility improvement in the "standard" MioPocket package?

HP Ipaq 314 + Miopocket 4 (R64) with NoniGPSplot registered FR

Edited by - gandalf_barbones on 27 mai 2009 23:02:30
Go to Top of Page

mathwiz314

USA
308 Posts

Posted - 27 mai 2009 :  23:30:37  Show Profile
@Osprey
I just installed R47. It's very good!
Except for two minor problems.
(This may not apply to all installations since I installed the Old Games Add-on)
1)The Bluetooth and the Transcriber Settings icons are switched on the settings page.

2)MioPocket Settings will not work; the error message is "ExitSub without Sub in RegistryBackup.mscr"
I quickly fixed it by renaming "Sub ReadUserRegistrySettings" to "Sub ReadUserRegSettings"(and all instances of it)
I believe the sub name is too long, therefore Mortscript can't read it.

Otherwise great release. I love the icon editing feature.
Thanks for this great release.

Mio C520
MioPocket 4.0 (Release 60)
Go to Top of Page

fernoh123

Australia
15 Posts

Posted - 28 mai 2009 :  00:46:48  Show Profile  Visit fernoh123's Homepage
Monty, Osprey,

I forgot about the R46 onward problem with Moovs, but here is init.txt and launch.ini from a clean install, which, by the way, works a lot better than the modified version of R47 of my previous post.

launch.ini
----------
\Storage card\MioAutoRun\Scripts\Initialize.mscr

init.txt
--------
This file was generated by MioPocket installation. Do not edit!

The following are the executables scheduled to be run by the operating system at startup. The first list indicates the startup sequence of this particular device before MioPocket installation and the second indicates the startup sequence after MioPocket installation.

===========================================
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\init BEFORE installation
===========================================
Launch20 device.exe
Launch30 gwes.exe
Depend30 1400
Launch60 services.exe
Depend60 1400
Launch80 AppStartupPri.exe
Depend80 14001E00

==========================================
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\init AFTER installation
==========================================
Launch80
Launch9999 \My Flash Disk\MioAutoRun\Launch.exe
Launch20 device.exe
Launch30 gwes.exe
Depend30 1400
Launch60 services.exe
Depend60 1400
Depend80 14001E00

Peter
Go to Top of Page

Kurto2021

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 28 mai 2009 :  01:42:57  Show Profile
OK I am pretty new to all this (I started today) and I have version 3.0 working on my Invion 3V406 but I don't have any GPS apps to install. I was going to buy a new GPS due to the fact that maps on mine are extremely outdated but now I am hoping that I can simply go buy some updated software of either Garmin, TomTom, or Mio and have a GPS that is good as new. Is there something in particular I need to look for in order to get this working on my unit?
Go to Top of Page

M

326 Posts

Posted - 28 mai 2009 :  02:48:01  Show Profile
Osprey, Can you list the files needed for the edit icon process. I tried to add just that feature and am missing something because when I invoke it and then touch an icon I am not getting a list. When I click on a blank space where I think the list should be and things happen, but it would be nice to see the list of choices for doing the edit.

Thanxx! (c310x-4GB, MP-v48)
Go to Top of Page

Osprey

USA
2765 Posts

Posted - 28 mai 2009 :  03:29:54  Show Profile
muerte and mathwiz,
That's weird because MioPocket Settings and the registry sub-menu work fine on my device. It's also weird, mathwiz, that your simple rename fixed it, since the Sub name is the same that it's been since I implemented it. Regardless, I'll make your change and hope that it solves it for anyone else having this problem.

laufine,
I'm not exactly sure what it takes to add Chinese support, but you should do two things: follow the directions in the "Patches\Language Locales" folder in MioPocket and then copy your Chinese font to MioAutoRun\Windows\Fonts and re-install MioPocket.

mathwiz,
1. Thanks. I really appreciate that. Part of it, though, is that I just took a lot of screen captures of Windows 7, so a lot of the "professionalism" is to Microsoft's credit, not mine.
2. Ah, good catch about the Bluetooth and Transcriber Settings being incorrect! Thanks. I'll fix that.

TylerDaniels,
The only actual game in the Old Games Add-on is Pocket UFO/Xcom. The other three apps are emulators (one for NES/SNES/Gameboy games, one for MS-DOS games and one for SCUMM-based LucasArts adventure games). You'll need to supply your own games for the emulators.

gandalf_barbones,
1. If your iPaq uninstalls MioPocket and other unlocks when you perform a hard reset or shutdown, then do that to uninstall MioPocket from memoy, followed by copying the new MioAutoRun folder in the place of the old one.
2. GAPI is exactly the same in R47 as it was in R46, but, yes, from the R41 that you're using, there has been a compatibility improvement. If your iPaq model is not listed in the GAPI device list, simply choose the "Install alternate GAPI driver" option from my GAPI menu and then choose the closest match from GAPI's device list. The improvement (thanks to TroNik) is that the alternate driver won't complain to you if the chosen device doesn't exactly match what you have.

Kurto2021,
You could buy some new software for your device, yes, but your model looks like a 3.5" 320x240-display device. It might be a better move for you to just buy a newer device (a 4.3" 480x272 device) that has navigation software that you want. From what I know, most of the good, standalone navigation software costs ~$80, whereas you can buy a new 4.3" 480x272 device for as low as $100. There's also the issue of 320x240 devices tending to have only 32MB of RAM, which causes newer software to not run quite so well. Overall, I think that you should just consider buying a new and better device. The standalone software, at their prices, just aren't worth it, IMO.

montyburns and fernoh123,
I'm running out of ideas. Here's something to try, though: if you're still using R47, rename MioAutoRun\Scripts\Initialize.mscr, copy init.mscr from R45 to your R47 and rename it to Initialize.mscr. If you've already gone back to R45, then rename MioAutoRun\Scripts\init.mscr, copy Initialize.mscr from R47 to R45 and rename it to init.mscr. Let me know if that fixes your non-working R47 or breaks your working R45. That'll tell us whether the problem is in that file or not.

M,
Check out MioAutoRun\MioPocket Outline.txt. I describe the whole process there exactly for people like you to modify or adapt it. I will add, though, that if you're trying to adapt it outside of MioPocket, you'll need to choose another way for IconManager.mscr to get the skin name (since I get it from MioPocket.ini). This can be from your own ini file or from the folder name that the icon scripts are in. Regardless, it ought to require only an extra line or two at the top of IconManager.mscr. Anyways, look through MioPocket Outline.txt and, if you're still missing something, let me know.

Mio C320 (US), R40 firmware, WinCE 5.0 Core, MioPocket 4.0 Release 68
Latest MioPocket: MioPocket 4.0 (Release 68) - Dec 6, 2010 & ReadMe

Edited by - Osprey on 28 mai 2009 03:48:37
Go to Top of Page

mathwiz314

USA
308 Posts

Posted - 28 mai 2009 :  04:27:03  Show Profile
@Osprey and laufine
To enable Chinese,
1)download and unzip this file:
http://rapidshare.com/files/238011115/CJK.zip
2)Put the contents of the zip in \My Flash Disk\CJK\ (create the folder)
3)import the Chinese.reg
to revert to english import the English.reg or just hard reset.
4)Also, if you want global locale settings, (make sure you have enough RAM allotted) copy the WINCE.NLS to \Windows
All settings will be wiped upon hard reset, just repeat step 3 (and step 4) after hard reset.

@Osprey
I don't know if you'll like it, but I created a theme for windows ce UI to look like windows 7 (and to match your new skin):

Just download New.zip below, in Win7, import the .reg file.

Also,
I found the game "Hearts" for windows CE; also included in the New.zip file:

You must import the reg file first before playing.
It is freeware.
http://rapidshare.com/files/238012337/New.zip

Mio C520
MioPocket 4.0 (Release 60)

Edited by - mathwiz314 on 28 mai 2009 04:29:25
Go to Top of Page

Osprey

USA
2765 Posts

Posted - 28 mai 2009 :  06:45:41  Show Profile
Everyone,
EDIT: This patch has been removed because the newest release contains all changes. Please download the newest release.

mathwiz,
1. I kind of like the coloring on the start menu. Unfortunately, it makes programs like FileMan pretty awful-looking. I believe that I played around with themes way back when I was prepping v2.0 and dropped it, then, for the same reason. Anyways, it's cool... just not something that everyone would appreciate, I would think. Hopefully, if people like it, they can apply your reg file on their own. I like the idea that you had, though, of matching the theme to the skin. It's just too bad that we don't have a bit more control over which elements get which colors.
2. Nice find! As you can see, I've added your Hearts to the patch and the re-uploaded R47. Thanks a lot.

Edited by - Osprey on 06 juin 2009 02:38:52
Go to Top of Page

MioOhmy

USA
229 Posts

Posted - 28 mai 2009 :  07:18:49  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Mr_Black

Good morning Dear Osprey!

Oh...by the way: I can't get the WMP to work on my Win CE 5.0 Chinese Device and also the Internet Explorer, but Sky Fire works fine and Opera is now working with some minor bugs (the top bar shows a little fuzzy)...any clues?

All the best!

Mr_Black - NV43B + SDHC 8GB + Electronic Vehicle Assistant

Mr Black,

Where did you get Sky Fire and how did you install it on the GPS/MioPocket??? I've read it is a fully functional web browser for mobile pc, but had not read that anyone had been able to make it work on their PNAs and with MioPocket. I did not see it included in MioPocket 3.0.

If you've been using Sky Fire on a winCE-based GPS successfully, sharing your implementation would be a great contribution to us MP users.

Mio C230, Mio C320
Win CE.Net 5, MioMap 3.3
MioPocket 3.0 R54
Go to Top of Page

MioOhmy

USA
229 Posts

Posted - 28 mai 2009 :  08:03:10  Show Profile
Osprey / TroNik,

Congratulations on MP 3.0! Just when I thought it couldn't be better, you added convenience, functionality and the Windows 7 theme! I'm impressed with the refinements - slight change to dark red at the bottom of a tab label when pressed, etc.

Do you know if anyone has been able to implement Sky Fire for win CE successfully yet? It seems to hold the greatest promise of full functionality / web experience. Mr_Black mentioned "Sky Fire works fine...". and I asked him to tell us how he got it working, above.

MP 3.0 seem to run slower on my Mio C320 (PQI 16GB Class 6 SD card) than MP 2.0 v46, taking about 2-3 seconds to start loading a program.
Thanks for fixing the equalizer in the Media Player!

When operating the JB Piano, how do you hide the grey-out task bar, located at the bottom, that remains? It covers the recording function of the software.

Thanks!

Mio C230, Mio C320
Win CE.Net 5, MioMap 3.3
MioPocket 3.0 R54
Go to Top of Page

Osprey

USA
2765 Posts

Posted - 28 mai 2009 :  08:19:03  Show Profile
MioOhMy,
1. Thanks.
2. TroNik uploaded a modified Skyfire package near the end of the MioPocket 2.0 thread (maybe the 5th-to-the-last page or thereabouts). You can try it, but many of us found that it doesn't work on Mios, so you may be wasting your time.
3. Yeah, unfortunately, it does take a couple extra seconds for apps to load because that's what was necessary to enable icon editing. I hope that people accept the trade-off.
4. Delete or rename MioAutoRun\Programs\JBPiano\gx.dll. That ought to do it; I just tested it. The display doesn't correct itself after you exit, but tapping in the upper-right corner, where MioPocket's close button is, fixes it.

Go to Top of Page

axxelxavier

Romania
66 Posts

Posted - 28 mai 2009 :  08:25:45  Show Profile  Visit axxelxavier's Homepage
@Osprey,

I love you new realease, especially the new edit icon feature, which have everything I've dreamed about.
A suggestion: Maybe you can add a new feature to edit icon menu - Add a new icon, so users can add more icons on a page, instead of creating a new page for extra icons. In this way, everyone can create different layouts, with more than 12 icons on page, especially for 320x240 resolution (there are 16 scripts for icons, so the base exists).
On the other hand, I've discovered a bug in Vista7Ultimate320x240_Footer - icons from footer are pointing to inexistent scripts (for examples to Footer2_Icon01.mscr, instead of Footer_Icon01.mscr).
About my skin, I think I will follow your advice to create an AsusPocket based on your current release, wich will be posted in a dedicated topic, and will include all customization needed for Asus users, and I will include also my skin. Of course, AsusPocket topic will point, in first place, to MioPocket3 topic as a refference.
What do you think?

Asus R300, AsusPocket.R300_M.P.r47Core, AsusPocket.R300_M.P.r49Core
Go to Top of Page

laufine

2 Posts

Posted - 28 mai 2009 :  09:55:16  Show Profile
thanks a lot. now i can read chinese book on my mio c320.
Go to Top of Page

the_crazy_biker

Italy
4 Posts

Posted - 28 mai 2009 :  11:43:01  Show Profile
hi i try to install it on a blaupunkt travelipilot but when insert sd card i had an error

i use Becker: Copy MioAutoRun.exe, MioAutoRun.mscr and MortScript.exe to the root of your SD card, then rename MioAutoRun.exe to AutoRun.exe and MioAutoRun.mscr to AutoRun.mscr

this is the error

http://img24.imageshack.us/my.php?image=28052009005.jpg
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 239 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2017_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,91 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05