Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2165

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 Garmin nüvi forums
 Nuvi 765T: Deleted favorites keep coming back!
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

juanvaldez

2 Posts

Posted - 14 mai 2009 :  19:21:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Friends,

My 765T is acting strange. Deleted favorites are coming back to haunt me! When I travel for business, I put my hotel and nearby restaurants as favorites on the device. I then delete them when I get back home.

Sometimes, when I power the device back on, I find that a few favorites have returned to haunt me. It's particularly annoying because those silly Garmin USA, Asia, and Europe favorites come back, and I have to delete those every time. I don't think I'll ever need to drive to the Garmin factory in Taiwan....

Of course the 765T retains the problem where favorites sometimes get duplicated for no reason (i.e. Marriott Dallas will get a duplicated Marriott Dallas 1 entry). This issue existed on the 660 also.

Hopefully an update will fix this issue and if there are Garmin lurkers, perhaps you can file this into the bug fix list.

Ads

NanaimoRick

Canada
7698 Posts

Posted - 14 mai 2009 :  20:00:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How are you deleting the favorites?

The Nuvi keeps a copy of favorites in an area of memory that is not accessible by the user so, for example, if you just deleted the current.gpx file from the Garmin\GPX folder, the Nuvi would simply created a new file from the stored backup and all your favorites would reappear.

I find the best way to delete favorites is to use Tools - My Data - Delete Favorites and then either select 'select all' or pick the individual ones you want to delete. I don't believe I have seen any reappearing favorites doing the deletion this way.

Rick James - Nuvi Forum Moderator
Nuvi 350 - Nuvi 760 - Nuvi 1695LM - Nuvi 3790LMT (with ecoRoutes HD) - Nuvi 2460LMT - Nuvi 3597LMTHD (with ecoRoutes HD) also TomTom 540S for side by side comparison >> Here <<
2014 Chevrolet Equinox 2LT AWD

Go to Top of Page

daqddyo1

Canada
28 Posts

Posted - 16 mai 2009 :  22:03:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I downloaded some geocache locations which were saved in my favs. Deleting them using the Nuvi tools didn't work. (They were back the next time I turned it on). What I had to do was connect my Nuvi to my laptop, open up windows explorer and then in the Garmin chip folder, delete the individual geocache files. That worked.

The truth is out there.
Go to Top of Page

beetle-m

Poland
265 Posts

Posted - 18 mai 2009 :  08:01:54  Show Profile  Visit beetle-m's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Please try to delete file: temp.gpx (\Garmin\Gpx folder) after deleting favourities by nuvi (Tools->My Data->Delete).
It is working at my side.

mariusz
nüvi 3490T (105-01652-00), nüvi 760 (006-B0754-00) & still 250W (006-B0737-00)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,39 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05