Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2172

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 Mio AIO Forums - www.mionav.com
 c520 problem with touchscreen after failed install
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Spidermanphil

Canada
10 Posts

Posted - 26 mars 2009 :  00:43:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I unboxed a brand new c520, was trying to install Miopocket on it. I charged the unit up fully and was in the process of the "first time" set up when it powered itself off. So I never completed the process. I powered it back on, and it was locked up. I held down the power and got it to power back on. The unit would not respond to touches of the screen, but started to cycle through icons on its own. For example it kept moving onto the media icon and try to load a movie from the SD card. I managed to get into the setting screen and tried to calibrate the touch screen, the cross hairs moved on their own without me touching the screen at all and they were moving so fast, I couldn't have touched them if I tried.

I finally managed to get miopocket installed, and I thought I had the problem solved, but now the unit is acting like it is possessed. It jumps all over the place without any screen touches...It was working fine on the initial Miopocket install but the problem has reappeared.

Does anyone have any advice on how to "reset" the unit. I even wiped the internal flash and put on software that my friend has on his that is working fine. Still the same issue.

Any advice is appreciated.

Phil

Ads

fred4x4

Australia
7 Posts

Posted - 26 mars 2009 :  12:47:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Spidermanphil have you tried to reinstall the firmware from the disk that was provided in the box it should fix the problem if not take it back .

Love My MIO In My 4x4
Go to Top of Page

Spidermanphil

Canada
10 Posts

Posted - 26 mars 2009 :  13:05:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
fred4x4,

Thanks for your reply. I have tried using the recovery disc, it errors out while transfering the files. I may have to RMA it, there is no stock left of the c520 where I bought it.

Spidermanphil
Go to Top of Page

Osprey

USA
2764 Posts

Posted - 26 mars 2009 :  21:54:46  Show Profile  Visit Osprey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Have you held the hardware power button down for 6+ seconds, then repeated that to turn it back on yet?

Mio C320 (US), R40 firmware, WinCE 5.0 Core, MioPocket 4.0 Release 68
Latest MioPocket: MioPocket 4.0 (Release 68) - Dec 6, 2010 & ReadMe
Go to Top of Page

Spidermanphil

Canada
10 Posts

Posted - 27 mars 2009 :  12:55:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Osprey and fred4x4,

I managed to get the recovery files on, and restore the unit. It worked as one would expect and all seemed fine.

I installed Miopocket and once again, all appeared well.

Then all of a sudden, the possession started all over. Phantom screen clicks, cycling through options on its own...

Has anyone ever encountered anyting like this before?

Spidermanphil
Go to Top of Page

miolover

529 Posts

Posted - 28 mars 2009 :  00:38:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
you obviously have prob with the touchscreen driver. maybe the cgrtouch.dll script made by tronik. just remove that line of installation. u won't enjoy transcriber program but it's better than a possessed device. u made me laugh with that term by the way. just altogether delete the transcriber installation script.
Go to Top of Page

Spidermanphil

Canada
10 Posts

Posted - 28 mars 2009 :  02:47:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
miolover,

I am still a newbie, can you walk me through removal?

Thanks,

Spidermanphil
Go to Top of Page

Osprey

USA
2764 Posts

Posted - 29 mars 2009 :  00:22:57  Show Profile  Visit Osprey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I've only ever heard of the touchscreen driver locking up the touchscreen, not "possessing" the device. You can try the same fix, though. As miolover suggested, rename MioAutoRun\Scripts\InstallTranscriberDriver.mscr to something else so that installation can't find the file, then re-install MioPocket. If you still have the problem, then Transcriber is not the problem.

Go to Top of Page

Spidermanphil

Canada
10 Posts

Posted - 29 mars 2009 :  04:57:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Osprey,

Thanks, I will try that...and let you know how I make out.

Spidermanphil
Go to Top of Page

Spidermanphil

Canada
10 Posts

Posted - 30 mars 2009 :  03:16:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Osprey,

Re-installed Miopocket....renamed "InstallTranscriberDriver.mscr", unfortunatley the possession continues....very creepy...

Anyone with any other thoughts?

Spidermanphil
Go to Top of Page

Osprey

USA
2764 Posts

Posted - 30 mars 2009 :  23:01:25  Show Profile  Visit Osprey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Spidermanphil,
You haven't made it clear whether the "possession" happens when the device is not unlocked. Hold down the hardware power button for 6+ seconds to turn the device off, then do so again to turn it back on. Use the device for a little bit (without installing MioPocket or any other hacks) and see if the problems happen. If they do, you should probably return the c520 to where you bought it and get a replacement, or send it into Mio, as that should not be happening and you don't want to be stuck with a bad device.

If you experience absolutely no problems when the device is unlocked, download MioPocket R43 (which I should have posted by the time that you read this), copy it over and install it. If the problems appear again, then, naturally, MioPocket would appear to be the problem. You could try removing registry files from MioAutoRun\Registry and re-installing to see if any of them are causing the problem or you can just try installing older releases (links are on the first post of the MioPocket thread).

Edited by - Osprey on 30 mars 2009 23:04:39
Go to Top of Page

miolover

529 Posts

Posted - 31 mars 2009 :  03:46:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey osprey thanks for telling him what to do. i have no patience on that but you do. spider, i highly suggest u install the earlier versions like osprey said. i am quite sure u wont have a "possessed" device. it is the cgrtouch.dll that's the culprit i am positive. also osprey i stopped with R41.. your last 2 releases have very minor upgrades. anyway i saw your website. it looks like you are studying for an MCSE certs. is it hard? do you take it online? how much is the fee?
Go to Top of Page

Spidermanphil

Canada
10 Posts

Posted - 31 mars 2009 :  05:25:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Osprey,

Thank you for taking the time to help the less technically inclined like myself. I am away and can not test the c520 till I get back. I think that it had the "possession" problem right out of the box. But when I restored it with the recovery disc it was ok....so I guess I will try recovering it, using r43 and let you know. I may have to RMA it to Mio as no stock is available from where I bought it. I will let you know as soon as I get back.

Thanks again for your efforts.

Spidermanphil
Go to Top of Page

Osprey

USA
2764 Posts

Posted - 31 mars 2009 :  23:01:46  Show Profile  Visit Osprey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Spidermanphil,
Remember to test whether the problems exist without any unlocks (especially MioPocket) applied. If they do exist, then just get the device replaced.

miolover,
Well, I've had those study notes on my website for many years now (I've been an MCSE since 2004). The exams aren't that hard, no, as long as you have interest in the subject matter and work in the IT field (with Windows networks). No, you take them at a brick-and-mortar testing center and the fee is $125 per exam.

Edited by - Osprey on 31 mars 2009 23:03:37
Go to Top of Page

Spidermanphil

Canada
10 Posts

Posted - 06 avr. 2009 :  22:31:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Osprey,

I used the recovery disc, and let it run, no possession.

Installed Miopocket R43 and after one day of testing, success !!!! No phantom screen touches, hopefully this completes the exorcism.

Thank you very much (you too Miolover) for taking the time to help me resolve my problem. It would seem that the touch driver script was the culprit after all. I was using R39 before and having the problem, since following your advice and using R43 all is good.

With gratitude...

Spidermanphil

Go to Top of Page

Maximus9

Romania
53 Posts

Posted - 07 avr. 2009 :  12:39:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,
Sorry if this is not the right thread, but I am new around here and a little desperate...
I have a “no-name” Chinese 3,5” PNA, that went dead after messing with MioPocket :(
Now it only show a picture with a satellite that is shown in the first 2 seconds after power on normally. There is no more acces to SD card.

I installed MioPocket rel 43, it worked, but then I tried to install the Transcriber driver, at that moment the touch screen stop working.
I tried to fllow the instruction at 5.12 in the readme, and did the following:
-no chance accesing the device by activeSync, that was out of the question
-I edited the init.mscr from MioPocket to run MioAutoRun\Programs\TroNik\TouchScreenFix.exe, and it said now you need a restart, but after restart the touch screen was the same, not working
-I edited the init.mscr again adding 2 lines, one was run MobileNavigator, and last was “restart”. After that the device restarted and went DEAD, displaying just the opening graphic with the satellite.

Now, for solutions to fix this:
-I got out the battery, but no luck

What else could I do? To re-write the ROM, I need someone that coud do this, but how? You need to physically extract the ROM from the electronic board of the device? Can you re-flash the ROM without physically extracting it and putting it in a ROM reflash device?
Any help would be VERY MUCH appreciated.

I think I would try a ROM image from Starway Ovi110, it looks the same.
Also, on GAPI setup, I selected randomly until a driver worked, and that was GPSmile 53, CE 4.2, 320x240

If someone could help me with the above ROMs, please send them to me.

Data about the device:

ROM Version: V26.Y17S.T4.1.10
Processor: ARM920T 400Mhz
RAM Size: 64MB
Software Version: 1.14
WinCE4.2

The original registry entries:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\init]
"Launch20"="device.exe"
"Launch30"="gwes.exe"
"Depend30"=hex: 14,00
"Launch50"="YFShell.exe"
"Depend50"=hex: 14,00,1e,00
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,56 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05