Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2403

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 "All in One" Navigation Systems
 All in one Chinese Unit - Needs hard reset ?
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

ghosty6

Australia
5 Posts

Posted - 17 févr. 2009 :  07:32:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
7 inch DVD+GPS+RADIO+TV+Bluetooth, I bought one of these from ebay about 6 months ago and since a few days ago, i got an error msg in Chinese when using the gps portion, since then i cannot get to the normal gps screen. Even after a reset or pulling the power, it gets stuck in the gps boot screen, the red progress bar starts but when it get to the end, it stays there. The rest of the unit functions as normal. Is there a way to do a hard reset on these units ?. I thought since it is like a PDA, there might be a hard reset solution. Pressing the normal reset or removing power does nothing for the problem. It is obvious there is some sort of corruption in the software or registry. Any help/info would be great. Needless to say the seller is no longer on line :-)

Ads

Supremo

USA
2031 Posts

Posted - 17 févr. 2009 :  16:52:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This may sound obvious, but have you tried finding someone local that can translate the Chinese error message?

Moderator ... MIO, AIO Forums
Mio C310x,C520, Moov 300, Navigon 2100, Rightway GPS (various)
"Give a man a fish and he eats for a day- Teach a man to fish and he eats for life"
Go to Top of Page

ghosty6

Australia
5 Posts

Posted - 18 févr. 2009 :  04:39:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The problem is that, the message is longer there, as i cannot get back into the GPS section, it is stuck on the boot screen of that section.
Go to Top of Page

momirr

2 Posts

Posted - 19 févr. 2009 :  08:13:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I myself have a similar problem. I got 2 DIN all-in-one navi and for two months worked just fine. I got the message in English that no navigation software is found. Then I tried with another micro SD card, put another version of software, but it did not help. Trouble was - although navigation software is in place, in root directory of the card, it would not start it. Everything else was working normal, and SD card drive was working (it was reading other cards).

So I decided to try hard reset - pushed small button in the whole with pen - it just switched off, but the error with navigation software remained. Then I tried to push button in the whole at the same time with SRC button (for switching on).

After that all I get is a black screen, not responding to touches.

I have tried to take off "+" cable from the battery and leave it off for some time. It then continued playing CD (where it stopped last time), and I was able to eject CD, restore functionality of steering wheel remote control, and screen remains still black, but now - a minute after pressing SRC (=ON) it first starts seeking CD, not finding it starts radio, screen even reacts to touches (beeps and clicks are heard) but I don't get any picture on the screen.

My seller now says that there could be a problem with CAN BUS adapter, but isn't that adapter only for transferring signal from steering wheel remote control to the device?

I wonder if there is maybe (also) a problem with Windows CE?

Just for the record: I have tried to connect its female USB slot to my computer running ActiveSync, but it did not recognize anything.

Does anyone have some idea, say how to "refresh" windows inside? Maybe Active Sync is the wrong way, maybe the software is loaded through some CD or SD or USB which is bootable?

Another idea: similar to the PC, maybe there is inside a backup "button" battery, for memory backup (CD continued playing where it stopped before). So, maybe by removing it the setting would be reset to default - same way as with PC "stucked" with wrong BIOS settings. What do you think about it, was anyone playing with it?

Btw, reading forum posts, I get an impression that problem with not finding navi software is rather common disease on these Chinese devices.

Cheers.

Go to Top of Page

mikkys

11 Posts

Posted - 05 mars 2009 :  09:50:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have purchased a 2din 7inch DVD GPS system from ebay uk from some seller at Hong Kong, When I got the system installed it worked fine once but after that the navigation menu gets stuck and does not show any option thereafter, I asked the seller for the firmware so that I may reinstall it, But of no avail.
The usb does not connect to my Laptop PC by active sync, rather there is nothing detected by windows Vista if U connect the system to USB port. Any one who has found a way to connect to the system.
Can U Guys help me !!

The navigation screen only gets stuck, otherwise I can switch between DVD TV Radio & Bluetooth. The system used to show a sub menu for Navigation, which had settings file player for audio & vid files and some quick navigation software for finding the satillites, just like any stand alone GPS.

This is the model I have:

This is the problem i have:

Edited by - mikkys on 07 mars 2009 07:45:59
Go to Top of Page

mkstranger

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 21 mars 2009 :  09:11:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
use your home pc to fix the sd card... i had the same problem befour ,
Go to Top of Page

smilerbaker

90 Posts

Posted - 23 mars 2009 :  12:38:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
take the SD card out completly and see if it boots, you should get an error saying gps software not found and then (depending on version) it will boot into a menu. If that works then your SD card is corrupted, see if you can copy the files off it re-format and copy them back.
Go to Top of Page

blankers

45 Posts

Posted - 25 mars 2009 :  19:07:50  Show Profile  Visit blankers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I,ve got a similar problem....

Dvd,radio,tv are fine...when I go to navigation. all I get is a corrupted screen (looks like a badly tuned tv picture)

I think with these units, the dvd, radio, etc are probably seperate from the wince, which is used for the navigation. If I take out the sd card, I still can,t see the screen, so can,t use a hack file to get into wince 5.0

The only thing I can think to do is hard reset the device, but how to do this ?
There is a reset button on the front, but I think this is a soft rest. Does anyone have any idea how to do a hard reset ??

Go to Top of Page

smilerbaker

90 Posts

Posted - 26 mars 2009 :  09:31:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
these units are basically 2 in one the cd, dvd, radio etc are one unit, then inside the box is the CE unit. They are both pretty low quality and even though ce is set to 480*234 I dont think the screen can handle it properly, certainly all the one I imported the screens look washed out in CE, like the convergance was out (if it was a projection screen) It sounds like yours isn't syncing properly. I never really looked into getting this sorted, on some screens there are some variable resistors so you can 'tune' them yourself but you would need to take the unit apart completely. The one I have in my car at the moment is the same, blue I think bleeds out so everything looks a bit blurred in CE (fine in dvd etc) if I ever need to take it out I'll try to find a solution. Bottom line is you get what you pay for :(
Go to Top of Page

blankers

45 Posts

Posted - 26 mars 2009 :  13:52:20  Show Profile  Visit blankers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks for that smilerbaker...

I think you are spot on..that,s pretty much what I was thinking.

I did take my unit apart yesterday, not too hard...once I figured out how the screen mechanism worked. You have to take this off from the bottom to get into the guts of the unit.
Unfortunately, I didn,t see any variable resistors, apart from in the tv unit.
I don,t suppose you know anywhere I can get a circuit diagram from ?
Maybe a resitor or capacitor has gone....
My unit is a CVSET-A5401, bought from chinavision.

http://www.chinavasion.com/product_info.php/pName/car-entertainment-system-gps-with-70-inch-touchscreen-2din/
Go to Top of Page

smilerbaker

90 Posts

Posted - 26 mars 2009 :  14:42:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thats the exact same model I had in one of my cars, did you take the actual screen apart? and adjustments would be in there screen not inside the unit. But I would hazzard a guess that there wont be any in there. if you paid by paypal or credit card raise a dispute, you'll have to send it back to china though which probably makes it not worth while. I imported quite a few of these over to see here a couple of years ago, quite a few went wrong after a short while, and the ones I did send back mysteriously didn't arrive, in the end I just cut my losses and gave up.
Go to Top of Page

blankers

45 Posts

Posted - 26 mars 2009 :  17:22:47  Show Profile  Visit blankers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
No...I didn,t take the screen apart. Do you think the adjustment (if any) would be inside the screen ?

I,ve got a trouble ticket open with them, but don,t hold out much hope...there first response was to ask if I connected the gps antenna... (what difference would that make to the display ....none !)

And I don,t think it,s worth sending it back, so I prefer to have a go fixing it, if possible.

Any more help you can give would be more than welcome.......
Go to Top of Page

smilerbaker

90 Posts

Posted - 27 mars 2009 :  14:31:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I still have a load of the screens I didn't sell, if I get time I'll rip one apart and see if there is anything adjustable in there, the problem there is tho, you'll adjust it for CE but the could screw up the dvd etc. As I said before my dvd etc is fine, but ce looks washed out, so which is better lol.
I'm almst 100% sure the screens are not 480*234 (or whatever they are supposed to be) as I have igo8 on my sony phone and the picture is as sharp and clear as anything, so I think the screen is just trying to emulate this resolution, maybe the chinese bought a bulk load of ce pna 480*234 chips by mistake

Edited by - smilerbaker on 27 mars 2009 14:32:52
Go to Top of Page

blankers

45 Posts

Posted - 27 mars 2009 :  17:54:13  Show Profile  Visit blankers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I took the screen apart today...there,s nothing to adjust

I was thinking.... Even though I can,t read the screen in navi mode, I know the program that is loaded when it starts (route66n7.exe).

Is there any other program I can load by changing it,s name to route66n7.exe that would either change the resolution or run some screen diagnostics ??

I,ve tried coogling but can,t seem to find anything....

Anybody any ideas... If it,s a resolution problem. maybe I can change it somehow.............
Go to Top of Page

gipcom

6 Posts

Posted - 28 mars 2009 :  22:42:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a similar unit from yft. The screen in windows ce is set to 320x240 and it stretches on the 480x234 display...

Finding the way to change resolution in ce core would allow to set a better solution (perhaps 400 or so pixels) and could solve both problems (display not sync or looking bad in my case).

According to http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=379728 there's a way to change the resolution. Perhaps there's a way in ce core too.

Ideas?

Go to Top of Page

PasiK

Finland
6 Posts

Posted - 29 mars 2009 :  14:57:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone. I also have same kind of problem. Here is link to vide clib: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0HWQsUBNCs

My unit is Witson D780 with wince5.0. I got somekind of repair file from witson but my unit wouldn't start that file. I have also dryed everything that other writers. Any ideas what should do next?

-Pasi
Go to Top of Page

blankers

45 Posts

Posted - 29 mars 2009 :  16:28:26  Show Profile  Visit blankers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
What kind of repair file did they give you ?
What,s it called ?

Maybe it would be usefull for others to try.......
Go to Top of Page

PasiK

Finland
6 Posts

Posted - 29 mars 2009 :  17:33:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's called NWDTcali.exe. It should start automatic but with my unit it doesn't do nothing. Is there any chance to reload the whole wince to the unit?
Go to Top of Page

blankers

45 Posts

Posted - 29 mars 2009 :  18:38:17  Show Profile  Visit blankers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If you can get the original firmware from the supplier...you can reload it, but that,s not easy to get. I,ve tried unsucessfully...........

If you use the wrong one, you will ´brick´ the unit, so beware !

Go to Top of Page

smilerbaker

90 Posts

Posted - 30 mars 2009 :  12:21:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gipcom

I have a similar unit from yft. The screen in windows ce is set to 320x240 and it stretches on the 480x234 display...

Finding the way to change resolution in ce core would allow to set a better solution (perhaps 400 or so pixels) and could solve both problems (display not sync or looking bad in my case).

According to http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=379728 there's a way to change the resolution. Perhaps there's a way in ce core too.

Ideas?

I found this article, but as these units re-set all registery setting on boot, and you need to reboot to change the settings, I don't think it will work :(
quote:
Originally posted by PasiK

Hi everyone. I also have same kind of problem. Here is link to vide clib: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0HWQsUBNCs

My unit is Witson D780 with wince5.0. I got somekind of repair file from witson but my unit wouldn't start that file. I have also dryed everything that other writers. Any ideas what should do next?

-Pasi

Your unit cannot find the satnav program, it should be on an SD card, from your video you keep going into bluetooth setup?? you need to insert your sd card with satnav software on, then tell the unit which program to run, your user interface has a couple more options then mine but is more or less the same, there is an icon to setup the satnav, its about the 4 or 5 one on mine (from the satnav screen), press that and it lets you select the directory and program name from the sd card (or inbuilt HD I guess if you have one) and also lets you say if it should run automatically when you hit the satnav button.
Go to Top of Page

PasiK

Finland
6 Posts

Posted - 30 mars 2009 :  13:22:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Smilerbaker, you are right but the problem is that I cannot enter to the satnav setups. Everytime I try to push that arrow on the down right corner it goes to the BT setup not farword as it should. I have working IGO8 on sd card, tested with another unit. There is a resolution problem in wince but I don't know how to solv it.

The unit is just under 2 weeks old and newer used with satnav for this reason.
Go to Top of Page

smilerbaker

90 Posts

Posted - 30 mars 2009 :  14:51:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Will it allow you to re-calibrate the touch screen?

Not sure what file they have given you, but if you can't select which program to run then you wont be able to run it anyway, as far as I know there is no way to make these auto boot up in anything but the desktop its got, everything is in rom. I asked the manufacturer for rom updates but they never responded to my mails.
Go to Top of Page

PasiK

Finland
6 Posts

Posted - 30 mars 2009 :  14:59:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No it wont allow. That file they send me should make that re-calibration but somehow it doesn't do that. I have tryed reboot that unit many time even take the whole unit off but nothing happens.
Go to Top of Page

smilerbaker

90 Posts

Posted - 30 mars 2009 :  15:57:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
NO NEED TO QUOTE A MESSAGE DIRECTLY ABOVE YOURS, MAKES THE FORUMS EASIER TO READ, THANKS ;-) GPSPASSION TEAM
yes your stuck in catch 22 there, unless you can access the menu to set the program then you cant run the file they have given you.

This is all I can think of, what satnav program was your unit shipped with? mine can with tomtom but you have the option of route66 as well, I also had one come with igo06 so there is only a few programs they are setup to start with (this is a long shot btw) if we can work that out then you can create the directory on your sd card, rename the file to the satnav file and it should boot up, or get explorer on an sd card, rename etc then you should be able to run the screen setup from there.

otherwise I think your stuffed
Go to Top of Page

blankers

45 Posts

Posted - 30 mars 2009 :  16:49:40  Show Profile  Visit blankers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
With a pc you can boot into an os from a boot disk (98, xp, etc) without using whats on your hard drive.

If we could do that with these units, we could boot into a basic ce or even linux, and perhaps do something.

I don,t suppose anyone,s heard of this being done ??

Surely you can get a copy of ce 5.0. or even 4.2...put it on an sd card and boot into it............or perhaps not.

Anyone any thought on this ?

Pasik... could you send me that file...I,ll try it on mine..I can boot into navigation...just cant see it (garbled screen) You can send it to blankers@hushmail.com Thanks

Edited by - blankers on 30 mars 2009 17:13:05
Go to Top of Page

smilerbaker

90 Posts

Posted - 30 mars 2009 :  17:18:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No you cant, these units have a cutdown version of CE on ROM they will only boot the rom, this gets you to the screen you can see on PasiK video. From there you can tell it what to load next, in this case the satnav (or any other file) but the unit will ALWAYS boot into its initial startup no matter what you do. You would have to flash the rom to change this, and so far I havn't heard of anyone who has managed to / worked out how to do this on these units, it would solve a hell of a lot of problems if you could do it!!

in answer to your 2nd bit of the mail, yes you can put ce4.2 / 5 on an sd card and run it, but the unit will still boot into its own menu first, then you can run whatever you want eh miopocket. I installed mio on mine, worked quite well just a bit too small for my liking so I created my own front end for it, but this still sits ontop of the original front end.
Go to Top of Page

blankers

45 Posts

Posted - 30 mars 2009 :  18:26:59  Show Profile  Visit blankers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You are probably right...but, it must be possible to flash it, and on my 3.5 gps unit it,s flashed by putting the new flash file onto an sd card and rebooting. I suspect you can do the same with these, so in that case, this would happen before booting into the os.
If that,s the case, perhaps you COULD boot into an external os......
Just a thought....

But where to get a copy of wince 5 to put onto an sd ? or indeed the flash file ?
Go to Top of Page

PasiK

Finland
6 Posts

Posted - 30 mars 2009 :  18:47:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
blankers, I throw you a mail.
Go to Top of Page

blankers

45 Posts

Posted - 30 mars 2009 :  20:37:54  Show Profile  Visit blankers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks pasik.....I,ll give it a try and let you know the result....thanks
Go to Top of Page

gipcom

6 Posts

Posted - 30 mars 2009 :  22:56:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
on arm cpus/win ce there's always the possibility to use a jtag interface and reflash everything... you'll need to open it however, and without original firmware it's hard to make a working one.
Go to Top of Page

petrutms

49 Posts

Posted - 30 mars 2009 :  23:09:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
read this :

http://golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74855&page=67
Go to Top of Page

smilerbaker

90 Posts

Posted - 31 mars 2009 :  11:53:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
interesting article, be good if it works, anyone wanna try?
Go to Top of Page

blankers

45 Posts

Posted - 31 mars 2009 :  15:16:16  Show Profile  Visit blankers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes...very interesting....

I downloaded and tried the restore program, in both sd slots, but nothing happens !!

Petrutms, you recovered your unit with this...how did you execute it, which sd card slot..did you just reboot, or point the wince towards this program..did you get any text to say it was working, and how long did it take.

I would appreciate a quick reply...got the day off today and trying to fix this B**tard thing ....
Go to Top of Page

smilerbaker

90 Posts

Posted - 31 mars 2009 :  16:17:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
it would only restore CE from the satnav SD card slot, the other sd card slot is for the stereo side of the unit and isn't linked to the CE side at all (same for the DVD drive)
Go to Top of Page

blankers

45 Posts

Posted - 31 mars 2009 :  17:10:00  Show Profile  Visit blankers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think you are right on that....but if I put it in the gps slot, it seems to do nothing. That,s why I need to know from Petrutms if he gets any text, or indication somethings happening, and how long it takes.

Edited by - blankers on 31 mars 2009 20:57:02
Go to Top of Page

petrutms

49 Posts

Posted - 31 mars 2009 :  22:31:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
download the file , extract all to a blank sd, FAT format, in exactly that structure. I mean, will be a folder autoupdate with the rom files, and a file nwdtcali.exe. Insert SD, power off completely device, power on and wait 5-10 sec, the update will start.

blankers, i am sure that you too cant point to the update file, because the wince interface is broken ( black screen with coloured dots and lines??)
if you device is based on arm920t processor ( and mesada board), it will work.

Edited by - petrutms on 31 mars 2009 22:33:36
Go to Top of Page

blankers

45 Posts

Posted - 31 mars 2009 :  22:40:30  Show Profile  Visit blankers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I did exactly that...and nothing appears to happen.

How long does the update take approx.... ? because I cant read the screen I dont know whats happening, of course.

After powering back up, did you enter navi mode to start the update or does it start itself ?
Go to Top of Page

petrutms

49 Posts

Posted - 31 mars 2009 :  22:50:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
post a link to your device. also, you must enter in navi mode! after a few sconds, will show a screen where says updating...
Go to Top of Page

blankers

45 Posts

Posted - 31 mars 2009 :  23:25:34  Show Profile  Visit blankers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
http://www.chinavasion.com/product_info.php/pName/car-entertainment-system-gps-with-70-inch-touchscreen-2din/

How long did the update take ?
Go to Top of Page

petrutms

49 Posts

Posted - 31 mars 2009 :  23:34:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
1 minute, is possible that this method will not work on your device. but please try it.
Go to Top of Page

blankers

45 Posts

Posted - 01 avr. 2009 :  00:05:21  Show Profile  Visit blankers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I tried it again....

Format sd card, copy nwdtcali.exe plus autoupdate dir (containing 3 files)....insert into navi sd slot..power down..power up..go to navi screen...screen garbled so cant see if there is any text...wait 10mins....no change (screen still garbled).

SO....either update not working...or I have a hardware fault !!

I,m at a loss what to do next...anyone got any ideas ?

Please..............

This is what my screens looks like

[/url]

[/url]

[/url]

Edited by - blankers on 01 avr. 2009 02:11:20
Go to Top of Page

PasiK

Finland
6 Posts

Posted - 01 avr. 2009 :  08:54:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I tryed those files too and they didn't work on my unit either.
Go to Top of Page

petrutms

49 Posts

Posted - 01 avr. 2009 :  21:23:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
sorry, it seems will work only on mesada boards. you dont have mesada board in your devices.
Go to Top of Page

blankers

45 Posts

Posted - 02 avr. 2009 :  00:15:14  Show Profile  Visit blankers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Petrutms....I see on the vw board you have a copy of wince in english.
It may not be any help to me at the moment, but when I get my unit working again, it will be most usefull.
Could you share it with us please ?
Go to Top of Page

petrutms

49 Posts

Posted - 02 avr. 2009 :  14:31:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
already on golfmkv forums.
Go to Top of Page

blankers

45 Posts

Posted - 02 avr. 2009 :  15:38:44  Show Profile  Visit blankers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Can,t access...

The connection was refused when attempting to contact download.filebox.ro

Can you put on rapidshare or megaupload ?

O.k......found the mirror....thanks

Edited by - blankers on 02 avr. 2009 17:23:33
Go to Top of Page

smilerbaker

90 Posts

Posted - 02 avr. 2009 :  16:53:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The link in the last post in that forum thread works ok, changing it to english will be a great help!!
Go to Top of Page

blankers

45 Posts

Posted - 03 avr. 2009 :  11:58:23  Show Profile  Visit blankers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It certainly would if it worked (for me)

I´ve no idea what gps board is in my unit, although the interface on mine looked the same as the N607, which I beleive some of you have !

Looks like I have no choice now but to return it to China for repair. Has anyone on here ever done that ? Did it take long ?

Go to Top of Page

smilerbaker

90 Posts

Posted - 03 avr. 2009 :  12:20:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, I have tried to return stuff, but it never arrives, even when tracking says it did. Good luck!! if you paid by paypal start a dispute ASAP, the sellers have a knack of stringing you along until your time limit is up with paypal (30 days I think)
Go to Top of Page

blankers

45 Posts

Posted - 03 avr. 2009 :  13:21:19  Show Profile  Visit blankers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
How can I open a dispute when they have agreed to repair it or refund, when I send it back ?

Surely I need to wait till nothing happens....but this will doubtless take more tham 30 days !
Go to Top of Page

smilerbaker

90 Posts

Posted - 03 avr. 2009 :  14:53:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yes you can, once your over the 30 days your stuffed, when you open the dispute you can give a reason, then they can respond etc etc, ultimatly you have to give paypal the tracking info, if you don't have it then you don't get a refund, they would have to fix it and return it, again with tracking info otherwise you *may* get a refund.

ETA DO NOT WAIT!! Open the dispute ASAP!

Edited by - smilerbaker on 03 avr. 2009 14:54:21
Go to Top of Page

gipcom

6 Posts

Posted - 04 avr. 2009 :  21:42:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't want to steer the thread, but I have a quick question... the unit I own is this one: http://cgi.ebay.com/7-TFT-TOUCHSCREEN-SAT-NAV-GPS-MONITOR-DVD-CAR-PLAYER_W0QQitemZ350185690904QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Audio_TV_Electronics_In_Car_Entertainment_GPS_In_Car_Audio_Players_PP?hash=item350185690904&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14.l1262

Is it a mesada unit? Can it be updated with the nwdtcali ?
Go to Top of Page

blankers

45 Posts

Posted - 04 avr. 2009 :  23:30:51  Show Profile  Visit blankers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I don,t think you can tell without opening the unit.... unless someone on here has the same unit and has checked.

The only thing I can tell you is I tried it and nothing happened.
It didn´t damage the unit or make it any worse, so it´s a reasonable assumption that you can try it without any problems.

BUT....if you do try it and it all goes wrong...don´t blame me....

If it does work, you can change the wince into english, which is great if you intend to play with it and load new software/apps onto it...but if you don´t want to do this, it´s probably not worth trying unless it goes faulty.

Go to Top of Page

gipcom

6 Posts

Posted - 06 avr. 2009 :  10:20:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well.. I was hoping that somebody would recognize the unit... I am almost shure It's the same as JZY-817-G / SZC447 units.

When I open the unit, what do I look for? How do I recognize what make/model is it?
Go to Top of Page

blankers

45 Posts

Posted - 06 avr. 2009 :  14:04:55  Show Profile  Visit blankers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Inside you will have a main circuit board which houses the components for the dvd/tv/radio side of the unit.
The gps side will be a smaller board, which houses the wince os. If you are lucky (I wasn´t) their will be some name or numbers on this board which you can google to find the manufacturer.
You will probably have to remove the dvd player to get to this board.
Go to Top of Page

smilerbaker

90 Posts

Posted - 06 avr. 2009 :  14:40:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
be *really* careful if you remover the dvd player, in all the ones I took apart the leads where very short and brittle, either the cable or connector would break, then you up poo creak!!
Go to Top of Page

blankers

45 Posts

Posted - 06 avr. 2009 :  17:29:29  Show Profile  Visit blankers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Smilerbaker......did you get my emails ?
Go to Top of Page

momirr

2 Posts

Posted - 06 avr. 2009 :  20:55:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have tried everything to get my device working (win ce 5.0), but I still got the black screen. Manufacturer's technical department guessed it was a CAN BUS problem, so against my better judgment I sent it back, and got the new one. It did not help. It is my guess, that firmware restore is done by CD/DVD. Even with black screen (probably registry damaged thru hard reset, if not before - when all of a sudden it stopped invoking navigation), the device kept attempting to read CD. However, the factory ignored my request to send me firmware.

I said there are a lots of people experiencing problems like mine, they said I am the only one. :(

One hint: I have seen once - if you tap four times or so in the corner of the device when the shell is not running (upper left I think), you get windows CE desktop. Mine was in Chinese. Has anyone tried?

Go to Top of Page

smilerbaker

90 Posts

Posted - 07 avr. 2009 :  09:40:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by blankers

Smilerbaker......did you get my emails ?

I did, and replied
Go to Top of Page

frajar

3 Posts

Posted - 03 mai 2009 :  18:26:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have 7" DVD GPS Car Stereo WITSON Model:W2-D720V. I bricked the unit try to update WInCe to English version.
If I run navigation my screen is white with some horizontal lines and that's it.
I would like to now if someone already find the JTAG pins on this GPS board.
I will tray to recovery the unit if I find where are the correct pins. Can anyone help me please?

[url=http://www.shrani.si/?b/DU/324BMxib/backside.jpg][/url]
[url=http://www.shrani.si/?38/ul/3DKaGrqY/fronside.jpg][/url]
[url=http://www.shrani.si/?41/Dr/4sVfvhdU/gpsboard.jpg][/url]
[url=http://www.shrani.si/?1i/5t/2x4tbAK7/separate.jpg][/url]
Go to Top of Page

T1000

10 Posts

Posted - 04 mai 2009 :  17:04:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by frajar

I have 7" DVD GPS Car Stereo WITSON Model:W2-D720V. I bricked the unit try to update WInCe to English version.
If I run navigation my screen is white with some horizontal lines and that's it.
I would like to now if someone already find the JTAG pins on this GPS board.
I will tray to recovery the unit if I find where are the correct pins. Can anyone help me please?

[url=http://www.shrani.si/?b/DU/324BMxib/backside.jpg][/url]
[url=http://www.shrani.si/?38/ul/3DKaGrqY/fronside.jpg][/url]
[url=http://www.shrani.si/?41/Dr/4sVfvhdU/gpsboard.jpg][/url]
[url=http://www.shrani.si/?1i/5t/2x4tbAK7/separate.jpg][/url]

Hi I have the same unit. do you happen to have a firmware file you could send me. i.e. a bin file.
Go to Top of Page

frajar

3 Posts

Posted - 05 mai 2009 :  21:07:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have WIN CE 5.0 English version. I successfully update some other unit also a MESADA_2440 with resolution 320x240. I can send you a file, but I'm not responsible if you brick your GPS. If you decide to patch the unit please give me the feet back with your result.
Go to Top of Page

T1000

10 Posts

Posted - 05 mai 2009 :  23:12:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi could you send the file to thornsta@hotmail.com cheers dont worry i would not blame you if it goes belly up.
Go to Top of Page

duncsta

United Kingdom
10 Posts

Posted - 06 mai 2009 :  12:33:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i just bought 1 of these... having read the posts on here i now wish i didn't!! is there anyone who hasn't had a problem? could you send the fixes to duncmister@hotmail.com for when it gose titts up...thanks

dhbrowne
Go to Top of Page

smilerbaker

90 Posts

Posted - 06 mai 2009 :  13:21:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
:) don't worry duncsta, they are not really that bad, especially considering what they cost, I also have a clarion all in 1 system and kenwood all in 1 system, they both cost nearly 10 times more, are really expensive to upgrade (maps etc) and you can't 'customise' or change the software in them at all. These chinese units are great if you want to have a play.
Go to Top of Page

duncsta

United Kingdom
10 Posts

Posted - 06 mai 2009 :  21:25:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
:)thank god for that! i'm happy to play having built my own pc's for years now. i had looked at all in 1's espeicially doudle dins for a while & have seen the cost of kenny's & the like with the upgrade issues. when i first saw the chinese units i thought it was worth a punt cause they're cheap & cross fingers for quality & reliability!!

dhbrowne
Go to Top of Page

smilerbaker

90 Posts

Posted - 07 mai 2009 :  09:45:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
this is the thread you'll need

http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=100988

a few of us have messed around with mortscript to create our own front ends (only for the satnav bit, you can't easily modify the dvd/cd etc bit)
Go to Top of Page

duncsta

United Kingdom
10 Posts

Posted - 07 mai 2009 :  12:11:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks smilerbaker for that link....

me think there been loads of work done on these units with varied results.

maybe you could pool the fixes that work best & send them to the manufactor as a manual!!

dhbrowne
Go to Top of Page

smilerbaker

90 Posts

Posted - 07 mai 2009 :  12:36:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wish they would take any notice!! I have tried to contact them several times and they are just not interested (unless your buying) I don't think they know much about them either, they just took the sun chip etc and stuck it all together, the ui's etc are really terible, a 5yr old could do better, plus they miss out features that are really handy and would be easy to have, eg mine can't play a dvd and display the satnav at the same time, yet the dvd sound is still going both my kenwood and clarion allow this and it keeps my son happy in the back
Go to Top of Page

duncsta

United Kingdom
10 Posts

Posted - 07 mai 2009 :  13:54:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
to true smilerbaker. they need a lesson in customer service & quality control!!

no wonder you've done so much towards customization. adding features shouln't be impossiable?

dhbrowne
Go to Top of Page

smilerbaker

90 Posts

Posted - 07 mai 2009 :  14:51:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
from the windows ce side its quite easy, but the dvd side of things seems to be next to impossibe, there is a guy who has created an app that lets you change the graphics of the dvd front end, but thats all it can do at the moment, you also have to mess around taking the player apart and soldering etc so you can download the internal rom first.
There is also a good thread on a vw golf formum that shows you how to add a usb port to the satnav side of things, I may try that at some point, then you can add usb drives etc and avoid having to use the dvd player side of things completely.
Go to Top of Page

duncsta

United Kingdom
10 Posts

Posted - 07 mai 2009 :  19:07:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yes i saw that. looked like quite a good idea.

dhbrowne
Go to Top of Page

yasrkasem

United Arab Emirates
3 Posts

Posted - 19 mai 2009 :  10:36:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hello guys
new here and want your help
i have OEM unit for my VW car i got it from ebay also chines version of the original all in DVD/GPS unit
what i need is the map update for route66 for GCC area (UAE) and POI for it, the SD came to me without the map and he send it to me later and i found it so old map and the most of the new streets are not loaded, also there is no POIs at all for my region when we here count on that coz there is no street name and the POI is our guide.
i appreciate your help in advance.

Cheers

Yasser Kassem
Go to Top of Page

smilerbaker

90 Posts

Posted - 19 mai 2009 :  10:45:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
the version they give you is a DEMO version, if you want the full version with up-to-date maps you'll need to buy it eg igo, tomtom etc etc will all work.
there are no links etc to sites where you can download pirate copies here.
Go to Top of Page

yasrkasem

United Arab Emirates
3 Posts

Posted - 20 mai 2009 :  05:45:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thnx smilerbaker for the reply,
appreciate if someone help me to have the right map and applications as i'm totaly new to this world.
what could consider the best with this chines OEM device and what the best map seller online.

Cheers

Yasser Kassem
Go to Top of Page

smilerbaker

90 Posts

Posted - 20 mai 2009 :  08:33:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Any version of tomtom will work, or IGO pna version will work these are the only 2 programs I have tried but other people run destinator, route 66 etc etc

Igo is pretty good, IMHO it has a few too many features and gets a bit confusing, Tomtom is tried and tested, runs quickly and is simple.

I'm sure a quick search on any torret site will help you ;)
Go to Top of Page

yasrkasem

United Arab Emirates
3 Posts

Posted - 20 mai 2009 :  11:02:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
smilerbaker, thnx again for your help
already i use route66 and working perfect so far, its only the map update what worried me.
i will try to find another update source and share it when i success to make it work.

cheers

Yasser Kassem
Go to Top of Page

smilerbaker

90 Posts

Posted - 20 mai 2009 :  12:14:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wouldn't share anything dodgy you find, you'll get yourself booted from the forum!
Go to Top of Page

DocSnyder

2 Posts

Posted - 12 juil. 2009 :  21:28:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by blankers

Thanks for that smilerbaker...

I think you are spot on..that,s pretty much what I was thinking.

I did take my unit apart yesterday, not too hard...once I figured out how the screen mechanism worked. You have to take this off from the bottom to get into the guts of the unit.
Unfortunately, I didn,t see any variable resistors, apart from in the tv unit.
I don,t suppose you know anywhere I can get a circuit diagram from ?
Maybe a resitor or capacitor has gone....
My unit is a CVSET-A5401, bought from chinavision.

Go to Top of Page

blankers

45 Posts

Posted - 13 juil. 2009 :  11:10:55  Show Profile  Visit blankers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
And the reason for the post above is...................?
Go to Top of Page

Bilta

Brazil
1 Posts

Posted - 16 juil. 2009 :  15:05:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ghosty6

7 inch DVD+GPS+RADIO+TV+Bluetooth, I bought one of these from ebay about 6 months ago and since a few days ago, i got an error msg in Chinese when using the gps portion, since then i cannot get to the normal gps screen. Even after a reset or pulling the power, it gets stuck in the gps boot screen, the red progress bar starts but when it get to the end, it stays there. The rest of the unit functions as normal. Is there a way to do a hard reset on these units ?. I thought since it is like a PDA, there might be a hard reset solution. Pressing the normal reset or removing power does nothing for the problem. It is obvious there is some sort of corruption in the software or registry. Any help/info would be great. Needless to say the seller is no longer on line :-)

I have the same problem that que ghosty6. Please, anybody help me?

Bill38
Go to Top of Page

zygo10

1 Posts

Posted - 18 août 2009 :  16:18:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
gday to all

i to have a 7" dvd/gps/radio etc..etc..
for the last weeks ive been playing around with it (bricked it and resurected it a couple of times too (i will add all my info to the end of the post for those that want to try)

what i am trying to find is a way to change the resolution of these things. it appears (and i have spent a many many hours playing and searching and reading) that its the gps board that is handling all of the "non" radio front end. it is working on a different resolution to the screen hardware and the screen hardware is stretching to suit. you can see this when running directly on the wince system and the "popups" go beyond the limit of the screen.
this makes programs like igo & tomtom look very distorted even when they are in the "supposedly" correct resolution. even the supplied firmware frontends(see pics below) are 320x240??
(eg. wince/software is 1 resolution-->gps board hardware/firmware adapts that and sends it out in another resolution-->screen hardware/firmware adapts it again!!)
i believe the resolution of the gps board can be changed by a resistor change but as yet the manufacturer has not returned my emails (yes, we all have very very similar gps boards... right down to the firmware)

anybody have an answer? details? schematics? neat trick for wince?

ok... now my info

starting with the unit... noname/masada based/wince5 (originaly chinese)

and another

this was the original front end for the gps area

this is the new frontend for the gps area

(except that it is now in english rather than chinese)

BEWARE!!! YOU RISK BRICKING YOUR UNIT IF YOU GET ANY OF THIS WRONG OR YOU USE THE WRONG SOFTWARE!!!
ok, consider yourselves warned and i accept no resposibilty

what you can do (that i have confirmed and done)
1. you can change wince5 in the software image to suit yourself and then reflash the unit. i have english language, correct time zone, correct currency etc. etc. etc... anything you can normaly change with control panel can be perminantly flashed to the operating system.
2. you can boot the system from the sdcard to resurect it. (see howto below)
3. you can change the systems battery/illumination settings so it doesnt timeout, ever (this is a problem with the latest tomtom freezing after about a minute)
4. you can change the boot sequence/folders created/ programs run etc. and have the changes remain perminently (this is extra dangerous but fun... took me 2 weeks to unbrick it, stupid touch screen calibration!!
5. in theory, write your own op system or bits thereof (i have the sdk that was used but am no programmer myself)
6. add a usb port or 2 (mine originally didnt have any)
7. get "miopocket v3" working like a charm (best thing ive put in it) see link below in software section
8. add programs/config files to the internal nwdflash disk with explorer and have them there everytime you turn on (until you reflash)
9. change to area "gps2" which runs the gps in the background while you listen to music. i found it by accident! only way in is while you are watching gps, press the ">||" button on the remote control (top row, second from right)... a little sign comes up "GPS2" and a few seconds latter your back to the radio but the gps will "but in" when it needs too :)
10. attach an ipod even if there isnt a plug originally with the unit (the connection points are still there on the board inside)

i will add more as i find them.....

what you cant do (or shouldnt..or i havent found a way to fix it...yet)
1. change the gps area/wince5 resolution (until someone tells us differantly)
2. boot/run from an sdcard normally with "/2577/autorun.exe" or "/2336/autorun.exe" (it appears to be disabled or not implimented in the wince core) if you know otherwise, let me know how
3. take "launch.exe" out of the boot sequence because after you reflash, there is no way to recalibrate at first bootup that i have found
4. use firmware that is not designed for your unit. at best, you will lose some functionality, at worst, you will have a new brick.

this list too i will add too....

how to:

resurection...
1. download the AutoUpdate_Eng_Untouched.rar file below and extract it to a clean fat formated sdcard keeping the folder structure (eg. nwdtcali.exe nwdsoftware.exe in the root & .msk, .bin, .nb0 in the autoupdate directory)
2. turn on the unit and put it in the "gps" sd card slot.
3. turn off the unit
4. remove the unit from all sources of power (it has a couple of power sources so you need to get both disconnected completely) and leave it disconected for at least a day. this may not be nessecary but i had removed my unit from the car and had it sitting with the sdcard in for a day... then when i powered up the unit, the update began automatically (i had tried this many times with the unit in the car connected and it never worked) i have also read many people saying they have removed internal batteries to get there handhelds to fire up.
5. after a day, reconnect power, turn on unit & select gps area
6. after a few seconds a systemupdater screen will appear and the process will proceed for about a minute then finish
7. when the updater is finished/succeeded and the exit button is visible, press it.
8. REMOVE THE SDCARD NOW... if you dont, it will do it all again
9. turn off unit at front button
10. turn unit back on
11. recalibrate screen
12. your working again :)

more howto's when i get a chance...

software:
(all free issue)
All credit to original programers/uploaders

original firmware with wince5 in chinese--> http://rapidshare.com/files/268894977/AutoUpdate_Chin_Untouched.rar
updated firmware with wince5 in english--> http://rapidshare.com/files/268703257/AutoUpdate_Eng_Untouched.rar
original sdk used by the developers--> http://rapidshare.com/files/268903643/wince5.0_SDK.msi
miopocket v3--> http://www.gpspassion.com/FORUMSEN/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=126303

other possibly usefull info:
1. the bulk of the firmware appears to come from "nowada"(="NWD") tho the hardware is either from them or from some other chinese board manufacturer that copies theirs and then uses their firmware.
2. nowada is a break away company from masada (thats the connection to the "masada_2440" that we see with the gps software)

things id like to find out:
1. how to change the resolution (have i mentioned that before? )
2. any other way to get the sdcard to self boot/autorun
3. any "hidden" features not documented
4. any button press combinations on the unit or the remote that do unexpected things (like the ">||" on the remote changing the gps to gps2)

hope this all helps someone

cheers :)

zygo......

Edited by - zygo10 on 19 août 2009 15:16:29
Go to Top of Page

smilerbaker

90 Posts

Posted - 19 août 2009 :  10:47:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
top post!! especially the gps2 bit, one of my main bugbears with this unit.

Re resolution, mine has the same issue, the screen always looks washed out on gps due to the stupid streched resolution they have tried to use, I looked eveywhere to find a solution, no joy :( I sent numerious emails off to the manufacturer but they never replies, nice attitide especially as I was importing them at the time :(
Go to Top of Page

gipcom

6 Posts

Posted - 19 août 2009 :  11:23:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Top post!

regarding the resolution, I had an answer from the manufactuter. It's blocked at 320x240 because the display circuit cannot sync properly at higher resolutions. The screen will wash out and other bad things happen.

Regarding changing the res with the wince sdk, you could change the driver responsible for the screen and get a higher res. however old chinese units had this and they reverted back to 320x240 to avoid the above problems with the cheap display/pll circuitry.

I have adapted to using it at 320x240 and do not regret it too much.

I have a question: do anyone have a CD/DVD image for updating the software of the "radio" part ? Mine is so ugly and your screenshots look much better.

Thank you.
Go to Top of Page

smilerbaker

90 Posts

Posted - 19 août 2009 :  15:53:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Regarding changing the res with the wince sdk, you could change the driver responsible for the screen and get a higher res. however old chinese units had this and they reverted back to 320x240 to avoid the above problems with the cheap display/pll circuitry.

Thats not the issue on mine, my resolution is 320*278 or somthing equally as daft, when the screen cannot handle this resolution, and so looks washed out, I think this is how zygo10 system is too, reducing the resolution down to 320*240 I think would solve the issue.

or having just read zygo10 post again, maybe the work around to the pop up problem was to change the resolution.

of course the manufacturer could have just used a better screen to solve the issue!!
Go to Top of Page

ted212

Norway
9 Posts

Posted - 26 août 2009 :  01:16:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hei folks:

I have used this AutoUpdate_Chin_Untouched.rar on my 2din AL7002 and now it shows just a blue screen when i press the gps button. nothing happens just a blue screen. could any one help me out here.

thanks

Go to Top of Page

Matrizz

2 Posts

Posted - 03 sept. 2009 :  16:16:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Guys, need your advise.

Recently bought a All-in-one chines unit, and when I go into the GPS mode, a message popped up showing "Cannot find navigation software". I fiddled with it and found that the unit uses NWDSoftware.exe and the path leads to the storage card (SD). Problem is, there isn't one that comes with the unit.

Any one here has the NWDSoftware.exe file that can send to me (gabrielch26@yahoo.com.sg), or tell me where I can download it?

Thanks
Go to Top of Page

Richardvi

12 Posts

Posted - 05 sept. 2009 :  17:41:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@zygo10

Please don't leave us, you are the reason I joined this forum.

I followed your instructions, but I got stuck. I'm at the sysupdater tool. I downloaded your files to an SD card and the sysupdater tool finds the correct files on the SD card and checks the right options. (like boot, app, etc.)

I have 3 buttons on my screen: FORMAT, UPDATE and EXIT. Now the problem starts: how do I press these buttons? The touchscreen does not work. If I use my remote control, I get the overlay screen that says 'RADIO' and I can't get to the Windows CE screen.

How do I get to pusch the buttons and which one to choose, UPDATE or FORMAT?

(my screen looks somthing like this)

Edited by - Richardvi on 05 sept. 2009 17:52:32
Go to Top of Page

zodiax

18 Posts

Posted - 06 sept. 2009 :  19:53:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I got exactly the same issue with mine (Chinese double din).Ref Richardvi's post.
Can someone please help us?
Go to Top of Page

Matrizz

2 Posts

Posted - 07 sept. 2009 :  09:42:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, anyone have any idea how to get the navigation software "NWDSoftware.exe"?

thanks
Go to Top of Page

Richardvi

12 Posts

Posted - 07 sept. 2009 :  22:09:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Matrizz,

Please read the manual of your device. NWDsoftware.exe is not navigation software. You can change the path to your navigation software in the menu of your device. Point it to IGO, tomtom or whatever you want to use.
Go to Top of Page

Richardvi

12 Posts

Posted - 07 sept. 2009 :  22:11:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Zodiax,

I disconnected my device from the car for one day and it still picks up the sd card where it stopped playing the last mp3. The same is with the DVD.

Like the topic starter said: how to reset this device? I'm pretty sure that's just our problem. There's no way to reset it. Cutting of power and pressing reset button does not reset the WinCE part.
Go to Top of Page

zodiax

18 Posts

Posted - 08 sept. 2009 :  12:47:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Richardvi,

Yes you are right. I guess there is no way to hard reset WIN CE or Nandflash. Everything works fine except GPS. I am stuck with a red screen and an error message "Not find navigation software". I am trying hard to find a solution but no success. Chinese seller is not in a position to help and doesn't understand the problem and keep blaming manufacturer of this device.
Go to Top of Page

tigers0909

Trinidad and Tobago
4 Posts

Posted - 12 sept. 2009 :  07:32:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Friends, Got a GPS Navigator Chinese Made...
Recently bricked (touchscreen failure occured after messing with transcriber.exe during miopocket installation).
Looked for a reflash pack to go back to the factory settings...
Found the file below at
(originally reference in http://www.gpsdiscussion.com/general-gps-discussion/3782-no-name-gps-software.html)

http://rapidshare.com/files/269147956/080920_PV48F_CH_919082.rar

First thought that it wouldn't work but it did..everything works but only problem I have is that there are only 2 languages in the device, chines and english. Previously there were more...
if someone has a better reflashing kit, please share...

My device was close to this config.:

4.3'' TF LCD Touch Screen
Samsung S3C2440 @400MHz
Microsoft Windows CE core 5.0
64MB RAM and 64MB Flash
2GB SD Card Preloaded w/ Maps Included
2D and 3D Map View
Media Player for Music, Videos, and Photos
Bluetooth Connectivity for Hands Free Calling
FM Transmitter Built-in: Output Sound Via
Your Car Stereo
Calendar, Games, and more Software Included!
Stylus Pen Included
Mounting Kit for Easy Installation in Your Car
Go to Top of Page

zodiax

18 Posts

Posted - 12 sept. 2009 :  13:36:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tigers0909,

How can those files help us to go back to factory settings? We have a screen freezing issue with our GPS DVD systems (chinese made).
Go to Top of Page

MPBsr25

175 Posts

Posted - 12 sept. 2009 :  19:02:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by zodiax

Richardvi,

Yes you are right. I guess there is no way to hard reset WIN CE or Nandflash. Everything works fine except GPS. I am stuck with a red screen and an error message "Not find navigation software". I am trying hard to find a solution but no success. Chinese seller is not in a position to help and doesn't understand the problem and keep blaming manufacturer of this device.

Ok zodiax talk to me.

When you say red screen, is it solid red or do you see the car on it with icons on the bottom?
Go to Top of Page

zodiax

18 Posts

Posted - 13 sept. 2009 :  00:16:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
MPBsr25,

I see a red screen a Car on it and icons in the bottom. Can't go into gps settings coz freeaing screen issue.
Go to Top of Page

MPBsr25

175 Posts

Posted - 13 sept. 2009 :  02:45:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

MPBsr25,

I see a red screen a Car on it and icons in the bottom. Can't go into gps settings coz freeaing screen issue.

Good news, I was able to duplicate your problem on my unit.

Tomorrow morning (DST USA). I'll write out how to fix this.

Edited by - MPBsr25 on 13 sept. 2009 03:23:23
Go to Top of Page

zodiax

18 Posts

Posted - 13 sept. 2009 :  10:12:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MPBsr25

quote:

MPBsr25,

Good news, I was able to duplicate your problem on my unit.

Tomorrow morning (DST USA). I'll write out how to fix this.

Thats good to hear. I am waiting.......
Go to Top of Page

tigers0909

Trinidad and Tobago
4 Posts

Posted - 13 sept. 2009 :  10:46:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Tigers0909,

How can those files help us to go back to factory settings? We have a screen freezing issue with our GPS DVD systems (chinese made).

What I did was to copy them into an SD card and reboot the GPS.
If those files are similar to what your GPS's original reflash kit, your GPS will start retrieving the factory settings at start-up.
If your GPS hardware is similar to the ones I have listed in my message, then this process will most probably work for others.

Only problem is that you will end up having only 2 languages, eng and chi.I used to have more than 5 languages before the gps became brick. If somebody has this reflash kit in different languages, I'd appreciate. Good day everybody!

Go to Top of Page

zodiax

18 Posts

Posted - 13 sept. 2009 :  13:43:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tigers0909

quote:

Tigers0909,

If those files are similar to what your GPS's original reflash kit, your GPS will start retrieving the factory settings at start-up.
If your GPS hardware is similar to the ones I have listed in my message, then this process will most probably work for others.

Only problem is that you will end up having only 2 languages, eng and chi.I used to have more than 5 languages before the gps became brick. If somebody has this reflash kit in different languages, I'd appreciate. Good day everybody!

Didn't work for me :-(
Go to Top of Page

tigers0909

Trinidad and Tobago
4 Posts

Posted - 13 sept. 2009 :  15:36:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by tigers0909

quote:

Tigers0909,

Didn't work for me :-(

Hmm...in the original message, I indicated a website from which I got this solution that worked for me. Somebody else also mentioned that he was able to fix his problem when he found the correct image files (reflash kit) for his particular device. I wonder how we could find those files but I'm sure that you can find yours on the net as well if not from the original seller.
good luck!
Go to Top of Page

zodiax

18 Posts

Posted - 13 sept. 2009 :  16:14:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have downloaded and tried different wince 5.0 firmwares for double din. Firmwares include NWDTCali.exe and one auto update folder containing 3 files. After reflashing the double din touch screen doesn't works.I guess the problem is with ROM OS - NK.nb0 file. I am trying to get the original fimware from seller/manufacturer but...... :-(
Go to Top of Page

MPBsr25

175 Posts

Posted - 13 sept. 2009 :  16:27:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok, here we go...

1) When the screen freezes up, tap barely off to the right of the "not find nav software" (Might need to tap twice on most of these instructions).

2) Tap bottom right arrow to where you see "windows" icon and tap it. Tap initial set-up.

3) Tap top right "X".

4) Tap what looks like an "X" with a flag in it. Bottom left

5) Tap right red icon.

6) Tap top file.

7) On Right side, tap and scrool down to IGO.exe. Tap IGO.exe. It should then show "storage card\IGO8.exe".

8) Tap top right "X".

9) Tap "G". bottom left.

10) Hour glass should start the program.

Hopefully the original program is still there since you flashed the unit.

BTW. I also see that you posted this on another site. I'm known over there as Camaro69.

Edited by - MPBsr25 on 13 sept. 2009 16:30:38
Go to Top of Page

zodiax

18 Posts

Posted - 13 sept. 2009 :  16:51:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
it is not possible to tap icons.
Go to Top of Page

MPBsr25

175 Posts

Posted - 13 sept. 2009 :  17:20:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

it is not possible to tap icons.

You need to first get past the "not nav software found".

By tapping the screen just at the edge of the "not" should unfreeze it.
Go to Top of Page

Richardvi

12 Posts

Posted - 16 sept. 2009 :  08:20:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There's no tapping. The touchscreen doesn't work.

I can boot up the device, but it starts with 'initializing setup' and then comes with the sysupdater screen. There I can not continue because I can not tap the screen for 'OK' or 'CANCEL'.

What I need is an updating tool that starts from itself, just an SD card that starts up after boot and reflashes / resets the device.

Hell, even a SD card that startsup with the pen calibration would perhaps do.
Go to Top of Page

zodiax

18 Posts

Posted - 16 sept. 2009 :  22:18:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am still not able to fix the issue. Have tried different wince 5 firmwares without success. No solution for this issue yet :-(
Go to Top of Page

donavyn75

Australia
2 Posts

Posted - 17 sept. 2009 :  13:37:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi i am new to this but this could help,
If the image output on the back of unit can work ok, there are three possible.
1.the display screen is broken.
2.the display board is broken.
3.the software is broken.
get updating software.
plz operate as follows:
1.use the "video output 1" or "video output 2" to connect the an other display screen.
2.Unzip the file, copy it to the SD card, on the DVD slot,insert the SD card, note: if you unzip the file, you can see three files, and then copy these three files to the sd card,not the whole folder.
3.When you insert the ad card, you will see the picture "966U" "cancel" on the video 1 or 2 display screen.
4. use the "right select key" on the remote controller to select "966U", then press "enter"key on the remote controller to confirm. the voltage must adjust to 14V.
This process will be taken 2-5 minutes, after finished, you can take out the sd card, turn on the unit and see if can work.

Hope it can be solved.
Go to Top of Page

tigers0909

Trinidad and Tobago
4 Posts

Posted - 17 sept. 2009 :  22:04:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

I am still not able to fix the issue. Have tried different wince 5 firmwares without success. No solution for this issue yet :-(

hey Zodiak, sorry to hear that you're still struggling with this.
can you send me the links for those firmwares you've tried?
maybe I can get rid of the one I have which is in CHinese??

thanks Man!
Go to Top of Page

zodiax

18 Posts

Posted - 17 sept. 2009 :  22:50:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tigers0909,

you can download firmwares from below web site

http://en.pudn.com/
Go to Top of Page

Richardvi

12 Posts

Posted - 18 sept. 2009 :  22:23:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Zodiax, can you give us more specific links? There's a lot of downloads on that site.

What I'm looking for is an autorun SDcard, like you have autorun CD roms, but for Windows CE.

I'm still stuck at the sysupdater screen.
Go to Top of Page

natthis

2 Posts

Posted - 19 sept. 2009 :  02:53:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
zygo10

How can I modify timezone for my location in the NK.nb0 image permanently and flash back to unit? Can you guide me through this?

Thanks a lot, friend.

natthis@gmail.com
Go to Top of Page

zodiax

18 Posts

Posted - 20 sept. 2009 :  17:46:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Richardvi

Zodiax, can you give us more specific links? There's a lot of downloads on that site.

What I'm looking for is an autorun SDcard, like you have autorun CD roms, but for Windows CE.

I'm still stuck at the sysupdater screen.

WINCE 5 in English

http://rapidshare.com/files/282658878/wince_english.rar.html
Go to Top of Page

Richardvi

12 Posts

Posted - 20 sept. 2009 :  19:27:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, but I tried that. I tell you what happens:

1. I put all the files on SD card
2. I put SD card in my GPS slot
3. I turn on Device
4. I get 'Navigation System' and a progress bar
5. I get 'System initializing'
6. I get a sysupdater screen, and then I'm stuck.

How does it work for you? I really want to know what happens when you put the SD card in the GPS slot and turn on the device.
Go to Top of Page

zodiax

18 Posts

Posted - 20 sept. 2009 :  19:39:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Thanks, but I tried that. I tell you what happens:

1. I put all the files on SD card
2. I put SD card in my GPS slot
3. I turn on Device
4. I get 'Navigation System' and a progress bar
5. I get 'System initializing'
6. I get a sysupdater screen, and then I'm stuck.

How does it work for you? I really want to know what happens when you put the SD card in the GPS slot and turn on the device.

Same happens with me every time.
I stuck at Sysupdater screen. Then I soft reset device and it starts with screen caliberation, but freez screen. Then i do a soft reset again and system starts with a navigation software error message (not find navigation software). Still struggling. Seller sent me two microsoft links for downloading WINCE(CRAP)

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/windowsembedded/default.aspx

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsembedded/en-us/downloads/default.mspx

Go to Top of Page

Richardvi

12 Posts

Posted - 20 sept. 2009 :  20:00:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think I'm returning my device. Costs me a lot of money to send it back to china compared to the price, but they told me they will replace it.

I'm out of options.
Go to Top of Page

donavyn75

Australia
2 Posts

Posted - 20 sept. 2009 :  20:12:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Richardvi,Have you tried using your remote control to select ok button if you can not use touch screen.You must unzip only the 3 files to your sd card and you must have 14v going to unit for it to work.most of these units use same gps program.
hope this helps
Go to Top of Page

zodiax

18 Posts

Posted - 20 sept. 2009 :  21:24:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

I think I'm returning my device. Costs me a lot of money to send it back to china compared to the price, but they told me they will replace it.

I'm out of options.

I am also out of options, but i am not sending mine to china for replacement. it will cost me USD 250 including shipment+VAT. I paid USD $400 including VAT & shipping to Norway. I will use navigation on Iphone 3g in future if needed. Here is mine

Sound and picture quality on this DVD system is awesome :-)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260461085863&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT

Edited by - zodiax on 21 sept. 2009 09:49:14
Go to Top of Page

Richardvi

12 Posts

Posted - 21 sept. 2009 :  08:10:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by donavyn75

Hi Richardvi,Have you tried using your remote control to select ok button if you can not use touch screen.You must unzip only the 3 files to your sd card and you must have 14v going to unit for it to work.most of these units use same gps program.
hope this helps

At first, I could use the remote control to get to the OK button. But now this doesn't work anymore. As soon as I press a button on the remote control, the overlay-menu pops up (where you can choose RADIO-TV-DVD-SD/USB-etc.)

As for the 14v... Does it make a difference with 12volts? I have the device in my car, the correct voltage is unknown by me (but probably around 13 volts)
Go to Top of Page

albertdt

7 Posts

Posted - 22 sept. 2009 :  21:42:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello to all!

My problem is basicly that the screen freezzes in GPS Mode 5 or 6 seconds after it starts, so I haven't got time to do any update or operation.

I have a NO NAME and NO REFERENCE 2DIN chinese CAR ALL IN ONE RADIO.

It has worked perfectly since a feww days before when I installed TOMTOM7 with core2.dll changed that didn't work.

Before that the GPS mode screen is in blue and when I press on screen it appears the DVD buttons and I can only go to SRC and change to RADIO-DVD-BT...etc that works perfectly but not GPS.

I think the solution would be a Hard Reset by software or hardware opening the 2DIN RADIO.

Has anybody opened it? Could be there some battery inside?

I will try to open it to see what is there.

Thanks to all!
Go to Top of Page

ted212

Norway
9 Posts

Posted - 22 sept. 2009 :  22:41:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi:

could some one please help med with jtag pinout av this GPS board its a sacgm1001 board. I found ou that i have to reflash it by jtag, but i cannot find the pinouts. Problem is that i get te blue screen. nothing happens when i push GPS button after flashing wrong firmware.

see pictures:

http://i35.tinypic.com/r2vnyu.jpg

http://i33.tinypic.com/29bzii8.jpg

thanks in advance

Go to Top of Page

jgonzalez

Spain
1 Posts

Posted - 23 sept. 2009 :  18:48:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
zygo10
I buy the same radio.
Can you help me?
Go to Top of Page

albertdt

7 Posts

Posted - 26 sept. 2009 :  10:23:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi there!

Trying to do a hard reset, I have open my 2DIN all-in-one radio and I found a little watch battery in the GPS little board so I desolded it.

http://i35.tinypic.com/2vjpqmx.jpg
Now apears the GPS loading logo and the bar. But the bars fill and then nothing happens, GPS mode menu doesn't appears. It seems that the system freezes. If I go to another radio aplication and return to GPS mode it still the charging logo or a blue screen only.

http://i38.tinypic.com/2hwehs2.jpg

Has anybody now if I need to rewrite the NAND with some firmware and how to?

Thanks to all!
Go to Top of Page

Dragonlove

2 Posts

Posted - 12 oct. 2009 :  02:54:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does anyone know how to unbrick? i have also done the upgrading with English WinCe and can't use the touch function.
Go to Top of Page

Richardvi

12 Posts

Posted - 12 oct. 2009 :  20:31:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Regretably I still have the samen question.
Go to Top of Page

morly

1 Posts

Posted - 29 oct. 2009 :  14:41:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,
sorry - no answeres for you guys - just another question:
is the firmware (english) and miopocket v3 (post 6 page 6) feasible for this one:

Joydak JD-718
http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/254337384/JD_718_Car_DVD_CAR_GPS/showimage.html

Thanks in advance,
morly
Go to Top of Page

jossie

7 Posts

Posted - 17 nov. 2009 :  14:57:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey everybody i have a big problem. I have a carpc and everything was working fine . untill i formated a file in the storage manager . I think i formated windows cause it was a partition .
If i start the radio now i just see a blue screen when normally wondows ce pops up. i contacted the person from who i bought it and he say all the info is on this site . can plz someone help me and tell me how i install windows ce back or something else i can do .

TYPE:
http://www.carstereoplayer.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=65&products_id=346&zenid=9a809083280cd8adf362d808df9dc3fa
Go to Top of Page

kadjor

France
23 Posts

Posted - 26 nov. 2009 :  20:29:35  Show Profile  Visit kadjor's Homepage  Reply with Quote
@ albertdt &
Hello i have a chinese car audio gps dvbt dvd ,yesterday i unlocked it i see a chinese wince but i dont know how to make an hard reset i want to know if i remove few minutes the internal battery it restore the factory settings.
Thanks for your help.

Transonic PNA 7000T unlocked Igo Mn6 TomTom

Autoradio gps dvbt Chinoise/Chinese car audio
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4C3ae8ZE58&feature=player_embedded

Edited by - kadjor on 26 nov. 2009 20:39:20
Go to Top of Page

kadjor

France
23 Posts

Posted - 30 nov. 2009 :  17:53:34  Show Profile  Visit kadjor's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I found the solution it's there and he work for me post zorok999 http://www.gpspassion.com/FORUMSEN/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=127376&whichpage=2

Go to Top of Page

albertdt

7 Posts

Posted - 30 nov. 2009 :  18:41:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kadjor I have disconnected the battery for several days and it didn't work.:(
Go to Top of Page

albertdt

7 Posts

Posted - 30 nov. 2009 :  23:27:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have tried to copy firmware ng505 on the SD-card but it doesn't do anything. I don't know which is my radio model.
I cannot do anything because when I turn on the radio and starts GPS mode it freezes on LOADING screen as the picture before. Then I can only return to SRC main menu screen.
But if I return to GPS mode a blue screen or the same freezed Loading screen appears and nothing else...
Has anybody got the same problem? Any solution?
I think a really hard reset or any JTAG connection could resurect it.
thanks to all!
Go to Top of Page

claudepio

Canada
1 Posts

Posted - 02 déc. 2009 :  19:29:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

I just finished installing my JZY-817-G in my car. I got through the menues and started to understand the unit.
The only problem that I have is that every time I switch the car ignition off the unit loses the radio and other settings such as the time etc.
I checked the voltage on the yellow wire and it is there all the time even when the car ignition is off.
I was wondering if anybody else ran into this problem

Any help would be appreciated

Cheers,
Claude Pio
Go to Top of Page

uxene

2 Posts

Posted - 05 déc. 2009 :  02:11:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all

I passed the same you calibrate and wince, I deleted the nandflash.

My radio is 1 DIN car DVD Player 7T Built in 2 GB SD Card Detachable Panel Bluetooth GPS iPod with DVB-T

Mark model: JZY-7T-G also known as SZC446
http://www.jzyet.com/Product-18.html
board Rizetech, chip S3C2440, processor ARM902T
http://www.rizetech.com.cn/SACGM1001spec.htm

The files you need are type firmware ng505
How your analysis and/or solutions are?
I update it with ng5005 do?

Greetings and luck
Go to Top of Page

stavcats

Greece
17 Posts

Posted - 18 déc. 2009 :  00:12:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi albertdt
i have same problem with you
if you see anything about this plz telme
thk
my @mail is stavcats@ontelecoms.gr
Go to Top of Page

stavcats

Greece
17 Posts

Posted - 19 déc. 2009 :  16:45:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ted212

Hei folks:

I have used this AutoUpdate_Chin_Untouched.rar on my 2din AL7002 and now it shows just a blue screen when i press the gps button. nothing happens just a blue screen. could any one help me out here.

thanks

hi
Go to Top of Page

hun_gery

3 Posts

Posted - 20 déc. 2009 :  19:43:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,
i have a chinese double din all-in-one (witson brand), and i tried to upgrade, and i have same problem, like yours (touch screen freezin, i can't choice what i want to do (format /update/exit))

I would like to ask that did somebody you find the solution about this problem?

(so the same problem like Richardvi and zodiax)

Gery
Go to Top of Page

Richardvi

12 Posts

Posted - 21 déc. 2009 :  00:36:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Unfortunately, I did not.

I opened up the damn thing and started to shortcircuits here and there. It did reboot a couple of times, but always ends up with the sysupdater screen and I'm stuck.

I'm thinking of buying a new one.
Go to Top of Page

hun_gery

3 Posts

Posted - 21 déc. 2009 :  15:12:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Unfortunately, I did not.

I opened up the damn thing and started to shortcircuits here and there. It did reboot a couple of times, but always ends up with the sysupdater screen and I'm stuck.

I'm thinking of buying a new one.

Hello, i foud some another flash files.
Send me a mail to: hun_gery@index.hu and i send the file to you.
I hope it will help for you
Go to Top of Page

albertdt

7 Posts

Posted - 21 déc. 2009 :  23:53:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Hun_gery,
Which version or type of flash files have you got?
ThkU very much!

Edited by - albertdt on 21 déc. 2009 23:54:41
Go to Top of Page

kadjor

France
23 Posts

Posted - 22 déc. 2009 :  17:26:36  Show Profile  Visit kadjor's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Today I got a new car stereo with detachable front here http://cgi.ebay.fr/AUTORADIO-GPS-1-DIN-7-DVD-BLUETOOTH-iPod-RDS-DVB-T-TNT_W0QQitemZ130353900821QQcmdZViewItemQQptZFR_JG_Auto_Pieces_Autoradios?hash=item1e59b2ad15 and here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4C3ae8ZE58&feature=player_embedded , replacing the previous, the first thing I do is save the nandfash.

Who ever want it I put the nandflash

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B3DVuX2IeyDyZGE3ODZmN2EtZjdlYS00NTMzLWIyNjUtN2JkMTcyYmFkMmNm&hl=en

or if file is not avaliable send me an email.

ProductID: SACGM1001-V2.18

Edition system:V2.7
Thanks

Edited by - kadjor on 14 juin 2010 00:45:20
Go to Top of Page

TFGBD

67 Posts

Posted - 23 déc. 2009 :  02:22:56  Show Profile  Visit TFGBD's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gipcom

Ideas?

This has nothing to do with the type of Windows CE OS it's using and more to do with the graphics drivers and GPU used. Try to find out what GPU or at least graphics driver your device uses (if any) and search google using keywords like the model number or whatever. You can probably find some clues by opening up HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\Display up in a registry editor and googling some of the keys you find there.

6 WinCE devices and counting...
Go to Top of Page

hun_gery

3 Posts

Posted - 27 déc. 2009 :  20:27:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by albertdt

Hi Hun_gery,
Which version or type of flash files have you got?
ThkU very much!

Hello,
check this:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=IY9PYWVH
or this:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2O98NBLB
Go to Top of Page

myshyak

3 Posts

Posted - 07 janv. 2010 :  12:02:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kadjor
http://rapidshare.com/files/324436377/NandFlash.rar
ProductID: SACGM1001-V2.18
Edition system:V2.7
Thanks

Thanks.That temporary helped me.just copied your files to Nandflash.
The only thing your "menu" seems to me small for my resolution, but indeed it it not so important as I launch my own menu at the beginning.
The original one I had was Edition 4.0
Asked the seller to send me those files- if he would would posy it here.
Go to Top of Page

stavcats

Greece
17 Posts

Posted - 10 janv. 2010 :  14:47:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
have any one buy from www.srecn.com ???
Go to Top of Page

ahd_0079

2 Posts

Posted - 13 janv. 2010 :  13:05:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi i have gps + dvd for my car and its windows ce 5 and every thing in chinese lang
how to change it 2 english or there is any way 2 change the rom or upgrad it
please help me

Edited by - ahd_0079 on 13 janv. 2010 13:09:24
Go to Top of Page

szabi0423

Hungary
5 Posts

Posted - 24 janv. 2010 :  16:03:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everybody.

Is one like this:
http://www.chinavasion.com/product_info.php/pName/7inch-car-dvd-player-gps-dvbt-dual-zone-2-din-touchscreen/
And yesterday the navigation is not willing to start.
Stops at a undermentioned picture:

http://www.keptarolo.com/show-image.php?id=034afa14332bdc5c5e581755cce71c93

But everything else works correctly on the radio.
I would ask help. What may be his trouble?

Greet the help
Go to Top of Page

djack123

25 Posts

Posted - 30 mars 2010 :  04:17:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
how did you resurrect you stereo i cant get mine to do anything

quote:
Originally posted by zygo10

gday to all

i to have a 7" dvd/gps/radio etc..etc..
for the last weeks ive been playing around with it (bricked it and resurected it a couple of times too (i will add all my info to the end of the post for those that want to try)

what i am trying to find is a way to change the resolution of these things. it appears (and i have spent a many many hours playing and searching and reading) that its the gps board that is handling all of the "non" radio front end. it is working on a different resolution to the screen hardware and the screen hardware is stretching to suit. you can see this when running directly on the wince system and the "popups" go beyond the limit of the screen.
this makes programs like igo & tomtom look very distorted even when they are in the "supposedly" correct resolution. even the supplied firmware frontends(see pics below) are 320x240??
(eg. wince/software is 1 resolution-->gps board hardware/firmware adapts that and sends it out in another resolution-->screen hardware/firmware adapts it again!!)
i believe the resolution of the gps board can be changed by a resistor change but as yet the manufacturer has not returned my emails (yes, we all have very very similar gps boards... right down to the firmware)

anybody have an answer? details? schematics? neat trick for wince?

ok... now my info

starting with the unit... noname/masada based/wince5 (originaly chinese)

and another

BEWARE!!! YOU RISK BRICKING YOUR UNIT IF YOU GET ANY OF THIS WRONG OR YOU USE THE WRONG SOFTWARE!!!

what you can do (that i have confirmed and done)
1. you can change wince5 in the software image to suit yourself and then reflash the unit. i have english language, correct time zone, correct currency etc. etc. etc... anything you can normaly change with control panel can be perminantly flashed to the operating system.
2. you can boot the system from the sdcard to resurect it. (see howto below)
3. you can change the systems battery/illumination settings so it doesnt timeout, ever (this is a problem with the latest tomtom freezing after about a minute)
4. you can change the boot sequence/folders created/ programs run etc. and have the changes remain perminently (this is extra dangerous but fun... took me 2 weeks to unbrick it, stupid touch screen calibration!!
5. in theory, write your own op system or bits thereof (i have the sdk that was used but am no programmer myself)
6. add a usb port or 2 (mine originally didnt have any)
7. get "miopocket v3" working like a charm (best thing ive put in it) see link below in software section
8. add programs/config files to the internal nwdflash disk with explorer and have them there everytime you turn on (until you reflash)
9. change to area "gps2" which runs the gps in the background while you listen to music. i found it by accident! only way in is while you are watching gps, press the ">||" button on the remote control (top row, second from right)... a little sign comes up "GPS2" and a few seconds latter your back to the radio but the gps will "but in" when it needs too :)
10. attach an ipod even if there isnt a plug originally with the unit (the connection points are still there on the board inside)

i will add more as i find them.....

what you cant do (or shouldnt..or i havent found a way to fix it...yet)
1. change the gps area/wince5 resolution (until someone tells us differantly)
2. boot/run from an sdcard normally with "/2577/autorun.exe" or "/2336/autorun.exe" (it appears to be disabled or not implimented in the wince core) if you know otherwise, let me know how
3. take "launch.exe" out of the boot sequence because after you reflash, there is no way to recalibrate at first bootup that i have found
4. use firmware that is not designed for your unit. at best, you will lose some functionality, at worst, you will have a new brick.

this list too i will add too....

how to:

resurection...
1. download the AutoUpdate_Eng_Untouched.rar file below and extract it to a clean fat formated sdcard keeping the folder structure (eg. nwdtcali.exe nwdsoftware.exe in the root & .msk, .bin, .nb0 in the autoupdate directory)
3. turn off the unit
4. remove the unit from all sources of power (it has a couple of power sources so you need to get both disconnected completely) and leave it disconected for at least a day. this may not be nessecary but i had removed my unit from the car and had it sitting with the sdcard in for a day... then when i powered up the unit, the update began automatically (i had tried this many times with the unit in the car connected and it never worked) i have also read many people saying they have removed internal batteries to get there handhelds to fire up.
6. after a few seconds a systemupdater screen will appear and the process will proceed for about a minute then finish
7. when the updater is finished/succeeded and the exit button is visible, press it.
10. turn unit back on
11. recalibrate screen

more howto's when i get a chance...

software:
(all free issue)

original firmware with wince5 in chinese--> http://rapidshare.com/files/268894977/AutoUpdate_Chin_Untouched.rar
updated firmware with wince5 in english--> http://rapidshare.com/files/268703257/AutoUpdate_Eng_Untouched.rar
original sdk used by the developers--> http://rapidshare.com/files/268903643/wince5.0_SDK.msi
miopocket v3--> http://www.gpspassion.com/FORUMSEN/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=126303

other possibly usefull info:
1. the bulk of the firmware appears to come from "nowada"(="NWD") tho the hardware is either from them or from some other chinese board manufacturer that copies theirs and then uses their firmware.
2. nowada is a break away company from masada (thats the connection to the "masada_2440" that we see with the gps software)

things id like to find out:
1. how to change the resolution (have i mentioned that before? )
2. any other way to get the sdcard to self boot/autorun
3. any "hidden" features not documented
4. any button press combinations on the unit or the remote that do unexpected things (like the ">||" on the remote changing the gps to gps2)

hope this all helps someone

cheers :)

zygo......

Go to Top of Page

crocodile62

3 Posts

Posted - 01 avr. 2010 :  07:42:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have the following machine
ERISING ES962D HIgh Definition

http://cgi.ebay.ie/Erising-ES962D-6-2-2-Din-GPS-Car-DVD-Player-Autoradio-/180473799344

Do you think that the way of flashing used by djack123will work on my machine?
I want to work on the front end because many features it has are not suitable for my car

And manily has no boot up logo for my car
Go to Top of Page

djack123

25 Posts

Posted - 02 avr. 2010 :  04:21:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have the ES905G the same front end, the stereo i flashed it with this http://rapidshare.com/files/268703257/AutoUpdate_Eng_Untouched.rar

Know the screen res. is all messed up and i cant reflash it the nav menu is gone all i have is a white and blue screen and no sound. i would leave it alone erising tech support is worthless they cant tell me how to fix it. if enyone on here has had success with this and can help.
1.tried leaving it disconnected for a few days this has not worked
2.i have taken the thing apart and there is no battery to unsolder
3. i have tried different flash files.

quote]Originally posted by crocodile62

I have the following machine
ERISING ES962D HIgh Definition

http://cgi.ebay.ie/Erising-ES962D-6-2-2-Din-GPS-Car-DVD-Player-Autoradio-/180473799344

Do you think that the way of flashing used by djack123will work on my machine?
I want to work on the front end because many features it has are not suitable for my car

And manily has no boot up logo for my car
[/quote]
Go to Top of Page

nihonjin

9 Posts

Posted - 17 avr. 2010 :  01:56:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by zygo10

how to:

resurection...
3. turn off the unit
10. turn unit back on
11. recalibrate screen

software:
(all free issue)

zygo......

Ok i downloaded the file left above. I had the same gps console as the picture left above. I followed your instructions and when booting up it went to the system updater and all files succeeded.

However when i reboot it this time with out sd card in slot it comes up with patchy screen and goes a white with black patches to gradually just go a patchy black. Is it dead or can this be fixed.

thanks.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2015_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 2,11 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05