Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 1953

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 Garmin nüvi forums
 nuvi 7x5 v3.0 update released - ecoRoute, MSN v3
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Jester08

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 21 janv. 2009 :  23:15:38  Show Profile
I had sent Garmin Tech Support a note about a problem with my 765T crashing and reseting occasionally while it was navigating, and finally got a response back from them today.

They said to "run WebUpdater and install v3.0", and offered no other information except for a link to WebUpdater on the Garmin site.

So, even though no mention of a fix for this issue was listed in the 3.00 release notes, perhaps they do have it resolved in this release. I will install it later tonight and hope for the best!

Nuvi 765T
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

93786 Posts

Posted - 22 janv. 2009 :  01:28:53  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage
[/OFF TOPIC ON]
quote:
Originally posted by IsLNdbOi

It's on the front page of GpsPasSion under the heading "Got Linux? Plug in a GPS - 2009 Update".
My bad, fixed it, I mixed up the models, it was late ;-) Actually the reason they moved to linux for the 8x0 was to use an existing voice recognition engine, and also the reason they couldn't have VR on the 7x5. That's going to be fixed on the 8x5![/OFF TOPIC OFF]

Back to the 3.0 discussions!

Discounts and Assistance/Réductions et Assistance (Club GpsPasSion) / Où commencer?
Go to Top of Page

BAVC10

United Kingdom
204 Posts

Posted - 22 janv. 2009 :  10:24:31  Show Profile
Firmware 3.00 is a definite improvement to 2.30 and 2.50 and the addition of Ecoroutes is a welcome enhancement too. However, I have experienced one uncommanded shutdown in the 7 or so hours that I driven with 3.00 installed.
Go to Top of Page

maidensblush

Canada
11 Posts

Posted - 22 janv. 2009 :  14:48:13  Show Profile
Hi all,

I did the update 3.0 as well on Tuesday night. On Monday afternoon my 755T rebooted twice without warning and the third time was out for about 20 minutes scaring the heck out of me.

After performing the update, resetting the GDB50 and using it for the past couple of days. No reboots with about 5 hours of use (knock on wood) and I found that it had more accurate positioning. My address was next door to where I lived ;-) and now my driveway is about 5 meters from my address (much better).

I'll followup if I do get a reset.

Maidensblush.

Nuvi 755T
Go to Top of Page

synomenon

621 Posts

Posted - 22 janv. 2009 :  21:11:39  Show Profile
Am I the only one that does a hard reset before and after installing new firmware? I think it helps because I've never had any problems after updating firmware unless there really was a problem with the new firmware.
Go to Top of Page

Jester08

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 22 janv. 2009 :  22:47:56  Show Profile
Could you please briefly explain how to do a "hard reset" to solve this problem? Do you loose data?

I have only had this unit for a short time and am trying to figure it all out.

Thanks!

Nuvi 765T
Go to Top of Page

synomenon

621 Posts

Posted - 23 janv. 2009 :  05:53:03  Show Profile
A quick search would have yielded these results:

http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=120512&SearchTerms=hard+reset

http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=103038&SearchTerms=hard+reset

http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=102466&SearchTerms=hard+reset
Go to Top of Page

Jester08

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 23 janv. 2009 :  06:49:56  Show Profile
Great! Thanks!!!

Nuvi 765T
Go to Top of Page

Fred Aldridge

20 Posts

Posted - 23 janv. 2009 :  06:55:36  Show Profile
Hello everyone, FYI, I have had my 765T for over 2months and I have had no problems at all..Wednesday evening (1/21/09) I downloaded v3.0
and on Thursday I started out and within 10 minutes my unit restarted itself as if I turned it off and back on. I did a hard reset as recommended by some on this forum and will let ya'll know if it helped the restart problem..
I hope it helps!
Go to Top of Page

rlcronin

USA
20 Posts

Posted - 24 janv. 2009 :  00:10:46  Show Profile
So I updated my 765T to 3.0 using WebUpdater. All went well. After the update finished I powered it off and back on and connected it to the same PC that I had just done the update with. I opened MapSource and tried to send some data to the 765. MapSource said "There was a problem communicating with the Garmin device GARMIN (K:\). Please update the software in the device. Communication with the device may continue with reduced functionality. Please contact Garmin customer support for assistance.". What?!? Ideas anyone? Turning it off and back on, rebooting the PC, etc. Nothing helped. I also tried to see if WebUpdater could talk to it. It sat on the Find Device screen for a bit but it ultimately gave up. Wondering if it was possibly a PC issue, I got out my laptop (which previously had no Garmin software on it), installed WebUpdater and tried the same test with the same result.

It seems fairly clear that the 3.0 update caused some USB communications issue.

Anyone else seen this?

Anyone have any ideas what to do? I tried a hard reset as a last resort (to no avail).

Bob
Go to Top of Page

cuzinvinny

3 Posts

Posted - 24 janv. 2009 :  05:37:17  Show Profile
Hi riconin, I am having the same problem.

After I installed the new v3.0 software on my Nuvi 765T, WebUpdater can no longer find the unit on my PC. I also own a streetpilot c550 it connects using Webupdater fine. I even switched USB cables. Windows XP Pro

I get the following error message:

"Some devices were found; however, none have the necessary capabilities. Please make sure your device is connected to the computer and turned on..."
Go to Top of Page

synomenon

621 Posts

Posted - 24 janv. 2009 :  08:36:10  Show Profile
Have you guys tried resetting your units?
Go to Top of Page

cuzinvinny

3 Posts

Posted - 24 janv. 2009 :  09:01:33  Show Profile
The unit reset worked. Thanks!

It would be interesting to find out why the reset was necessary after this update. I have a streetpilot c550 that I have updated the software over 10 times without needing a reset.

Thanks again!
Go to Top of Page

ZX14NINJA

Canada
1008 Posts

Posted - 24 janv. 2009 :  15:24:33  Show Profile
While 3.0 may address some issues, including Bluetooth enhancements, it does not offer more compatibility to the BlackBerry devices...the issues with BlackBerry's are as bad as they were on previous versions.
Go to Top of Page

rlcronin

USA
20 Posts

Posted - 24 janv. 2009 :  16:30:45  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by IsLNdbOi

Have you guys tried resetting your units?

I did the hold the lower right corner while powering on thing and chose to erase all my data, and in point of fact, once thereafter I did get it to work, but subsequent attempts to reconnect to it fail the same way. Unless there is some other reset procedure?

quote:
Originally posted by cuzinvinny

Hi riconin, I am having the same problem.

I get the following error message:

"Some devices were found; however, none have the necessary capabilities. Please make sure your device is connected to the computer and turned on..."

Yes I see that message as well.

Bob
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,53 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05